• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So we've got 2 of possibly 3third party chars...

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
I think its down to five possibilities:

1) Megaman
2) Bomberman
3) Geno- Possibly considered 1st party but i'm not sure
4) Pacman- Another gaming legend and he was in Mario Kart, the arcade one.
5) A Square Enix Character possibly either Cloud/Black Mage/ or Sora.

Personally, I'd like to see Sora in the most. Or, but probably not gonna happen, I'd want Viewtiful Joe, Crash Bandicoot, or Ratchet in Brawl.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What are you talking about? Rockman or VJ are Capcom's IPs, AND they will represent Capcom as a whole in Brawl. Of course, Capcom will have a say in this. And why am I wasting my time on someone who doesn't even contribute anything?
The character's Sakurai puts in Smash are NOT to represent ANY company. The company would also NOT argue for them to put a different character in...They would nagotiate for a pay...

I hightly doubt Sakurai would want VJ AND he doesn't have the popularity

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Note: Banjo has a rather nice chance, bigger than most people think.

Rare is NOT OWNED by Microsoft, MS pays Rare to make games ONLY for MS, but can't control what Rare does with its intellectual property (as long as its not games for the competition).

Banjo has appeared in minor cameos or references in a lot of games.

Banjo-Kazooie 3 is going to be released sometime in 2008, and pulling some attention is something game companies always like.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Note: Banjo has a rather nice chance, bigger than most people think.

Rare is NOT OWNED by Microsoft, MS pays Rare to make games ONLY for MS, but can't control what Rare does with its intellectual property (as long as its not games for the competition).

Banjo has appeared in minor cameos or references in a lot of games.

Banjo-Kazooie 3 is going to be released sometime in 2008, and pulling some attention is something game companies always like.
Microsoft CAN control them, they've done it before when Bungie was owned by Microsoft...

Banjo and Kazooie Can't be in Brawl or ANY Rare owned character

AsILayDying

Smash Apprentice
ehhh...
well, viewtiful joe wouldnt be so good for brawl, hes got his game and well, clover does not exist anymore (does it?) but i dont really like megaman so much... he would be kind of a samus clone (in MY point of view) but well, as long as its not that new megaman X... it wont be so bad

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ehhh...
well, viewtiful joe wouldnt be so good for brawl, hes got his game and well, clover does not exist anymore (does it?) but i dont really like megaman so much... he would be kind of a samus clone (in MY point of view) but well, as long as its not that new megaman X... it wont be so bad
He would be as much of a Samus clone as Mewtwo was since he charged his attack and no, it doesn't exist anymore so VJ is a dead series

D

Deleted member

I always imagined at least 5-6

Sonic
Geno
Bomberman
Megaman
and Pacman,
man.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
My money's on Megaman. He is a legend. Geno is popular, but not as much of a legend as Megaman.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
He's a popular character, but not as good as Megaman. Is there ever a mention of Rayman in pop culture?

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
i heard theres 4
and i read an aticle that said sonic and geno were joing snake in brawl (forget the page, very long time ago) but i have no idea who geno is
i want the last 2 to be megaman and ryu

Shuma

Smash Hero
When it comes to third party Characters, i think people must realise the Third Party character must be a legend or someone must beg for them so that they're added.

What legends are left?

Megaman
Master Chief(ruled out because Bungie will never give him, it's... "him")
Pacman(His new games are hideous, Assit trophy?)
Sonic(already in)
Snake(The creator begged to Sakurai)
Geno(I don't think Sakurai should waste a last third party slot for a Mario character)

So is there any legend left besides Megaman?

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Geno's iffy. And if Microsoft was gonna give permission for anything, it'd probably be Banjo and Kazooie first. And I agree about Pacman.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
The only Third Parties i actually see happening is Megaman, Bomberman, and Geno, if he counts.

AsILayDying

Smash Apprentice
well, even though hes cool and all i dont think geno or any more mario chars should join as 3rd party because it would kinda be a waste... in my point of view nintendo tries to expand with the 3rd party chars so a good well known char from any other console would be perfect...
i still want travis touchdown =(
but i think also the prince from prince of persia (lol) wouldnt be so far from getting in brawl...

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
yeah, banjo and koozie would be a good rep for microsoft

legends left
pac-man (nope, fighting games with him....just no)
banjo and koozie(possible)
simon(sega right, already have a rep)
megaman(replacing sonic as most wanted brawl 3rd party)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Truly Megaman, Geno (He's Kinda 3rd), and Bomberman have a real shot...

then Simon....

then Maybe Pacman or someone

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pacman is unlikely. Not Simon! Anyone but Simon!!
I was refering to people's choices they keep bringing up...

Simon could only get in if someone took out Megaman, Bomberman and Geno...

same with Rayman, and all those other people...

(Especially Rayman)

...Though I like Castlevania...but Simon is not my favorite Belmont

Top Bottom