• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So we've got 2 of possibly 3third party chars...

Shuma

Smash Hero
OK it's understandable that Megaman has a shot, same with Geno, but bomberman? please elaborate.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
yes, a huge stretch.......but megaman was just slightly less likely than sonic....and look who showed up this week

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OK it's understandable that Megaman has a shot, same with Geno, but bomberman? please elaborate.
Bomberman is in a well known company, at least in Japan...

He's fought against Snake before...He's been in crossover games/fights before

...and everyone knows Bomberman...

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
My money's on Megaman. He is a legend. Geno is popular, but not as much of a legend as Megaman.
i agree geno has made one apperance in a game (not counting his cameo in Superstar saga) and megaman has made what seems like hundreds and this is just the popularty boost he needs plus he would have a great unique moveset!

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I think he said around 2 or 3 third party characters were going to happen, excluding Snake.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
LIES! ALL LIES!

To be quite frank, I doubt Geno's chances. He was only a supporting character in ONE game. That being a Mario game, so why waste a 3rd party spot on a character who was in a Mario game. There are plenty of other 3rd party characters more deserving than Geno and they could add a whole new feeling to Brawl. Hell, I never even heard about Geno until frequenting the Brawl boards.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Kenji Ito ROMANCING SAGA series /
CULDCEPT SAGA - Albert?
*gasp* How did you know? Fine I'll spoil it all for you, I'm the last hidden character in the game. I'm the most broken character in Smash history, I don't take damage, I don't flinch, and my Final Smash blows up your Wii.

Of course I kid, Albert just happens to be my real name lol

Masterem243

Smash Lord
It's a great game, and they usually have vague cool characters, like the Ice Climbers and Pit.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mine would be Geno...because he'd be an awesome addition to Brawl...I really want his return

...And being in one game doesn't lower his chances, since that one game happened to have a big impact on a lot of people

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
I'd take Chrono over Geno, any day. Chrono might be more money, but he has a pretty solid moveset already down, apposed to Geno. But let's not get into those Geno battles.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
I understand that, but out of the hundreds of 3rd party characters there are many more deserving. Characters like Sora or Megaman have more personality, fan base, and they could bring new levels, items, and assist trophies to Brawl. Not to mention adding Sora to brawl would be like a kick to the balls of Sony. If only Master Cheif could be in Brawl, then Microsoft would cower in shame.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd take Chrono over Geno, any day. Chrono might be more money, but he has a pretty solid moveset already down, apposed to Geno. But let's not get into those Geno battles.
How does Geno not have a solid moveset...he just happens to have 5 special attacks....that makes up all the required B moves plus his final smash

Anyway, his name is Crono

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I understand that, but out of the hundreds of 3rd party characters there are many more deserving. Characters like Sora or Megaman have more personality, fan base, and they could bring new levels, items, and assist trophies to Brawl. Not to mention adding Sora to brawl would be like a kick to the balls of Sony. If only Master Cheif could be in Brawl, then Microsoft would cower in shame.
They'd have to ask the companies first.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't believe Sora is more deserving and I am a major Kingdom Hearts fan

cccck

Smash Journeyman
Django! you know... from boktai?

I can dream can't I!

ok... megaman is my bet, then geno. (I would like both in there)

but I want megaman VS sonic VS mario VS snake!

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
I don't believe Sora is more deserving and I am a major Kingdom Hearts fan
Thats probably just my Kingdom heart fanboy coming out.
But think of all the other 3rd party characters, especially characters by Square Enix, that could add to the awesomeness that is SSBB. Imagine Cloud or Sephiroth joining the fray. I mean if Square Enix wanted one of their characters to be in Brawl, I doubt they'd choose Geno out of their wide array of famous characters.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Thats probably just my Kingdom heart fanboy coming out.
But think of all the other 3rd party characters, especially characters by Square Enix, that could add to the awesomeness that is SSBB. Imagine Cloud or Sephiroth joining the fray. I mean if Square Enix wanted one of their characters to be in Brawl, I doubt they'd choose Geno out of their wide array of famous characters.

I am more of a Squall person than a Cloud person...

I don't think you realize Nintendo chooses the character for their game, Square doesn't. the character's aren't meant to represent the company...and you can't tell someone what to add to their own work...

anyway I don't want him as a Square rep, I want him as a Mario character that just happens to have ownership within Square

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
I am more of a Squall person than a Cloud person...

I don't think you realize Nintendo chooses the character for their game, Square doesn't. the character's aren't meant to represent the company...and you can't tell someone what to add to their own work...

anyway I don't want him as a Square rep, I want him as a Mario character that just happens to have ownership within Square
Same here. Thats why if he is considered 3rd party, why waste that spot on another Mario rep?
And Squall would be amazing!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Same here. Thats why if he is considered 3rd party, why waste that spot on another Mario rep?
And Squall would be amazing!
Because Mario is the best selling nintendo franchise and Geno is unique, not only among the Mario characters but all of them...

Burning Soul

Smash Apprentice
How does Geno not have a solid moveset...he just happens to have 5 special attacks....that makes up all the required B moves plus his final smash

Anyway, his name is Crono

God, finally someone else other than me corrects that awful and hideous mistake.

It's crono people, you can't want "chrono" in the game and not even know how his name is spelled. I also noticed theres a big lack of "I want geno in brawl" on this thread, so looks like im going to have to help you psycho =)

Geno is a mario character, square just has his rights since SMRPG was created by square. He would have a mushroom, or a Star, which is a mario symbol.

And he has a way better possible moveset than Crono, [If you want a swordsman from CT you would need Glenn(Frog)]. Geno is also one of THE most unique characters. He would be a big favorite, whereas Crono would be another animeish sword guy.

Don't get me wrong, i watch 3 hours of anime a day and i love CT, and fire emblem. Im just saying, Geno is that important.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Because Mario is the best selling nintendo franchise and Geno is unique, not only among the Mario characters but all of them...
Mario has too much representation in smash IMO. I mean, to me, the very idea of having a plumber save a princess from a giant lizard/turtle from a castle by traveling through flower pots and stepping on walking turds on the way. Miyamoto was definitely on acid then. Such a balderdash idea does not deserve such representation in the greatest game of all time.
That's why I'd like a different Square Enix character in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

Geno and bomberman would never ever be in Brawl. Stop this madness. How did this Geno B.S. started in the first place?
Since one of the greatest games for the Super Nintendo, *****! Geno is an amazing character with a very big role in the Mario World. He would be great!

Top Bottom