• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... Sheik's infinite....

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
You may have already heard about this, but look at this topic:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234716

Sheik has a new infinite that works on almost every character. Unfortunately, Yoshi is one of those characters. If this technique becomes wide-spread, it may make the Sheik match-up almost impossible (luckily, I second a character unaffected by this technique).

What are your takes on it? How will this affect the match-up? Do you think that it may become banned (I personally doubt it)?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I disagree; jab locks and laser locks need setups. This technique is self-sufficient.

Wow, and I thought getting rid of Sheik's down throw stopped her from being so incredibly homo.

Hmmm. This should make the matchup pretty interesting. It may turn into a soft counter very soon since forward tilt is so good, but we have tools to beat it on the ground, so I guess we'll just need to play it by ear for a little while to figure out how much this affects us.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Like all "infinites", just wait it out.

It's theorycraft until proven in actual matches.

Once Sheik players start winning tournaments with this, then we should start worrying. lol

bigman40

Smash Master
Looked at it. It seems to be escape-able. Plus, someone did a frame data test on it, and it kinda proves that it doesn't work. As far as I know, we'll just have to pay attention to the thread to see what happens to it.

If it's a true infinite, then we can begin to do analysis with the new information we have. If not, then this can be closed.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Since I like Yoshi I'll give you my inside scoop on how to avoid this.

Pivot grabs and Bairs are your best friends.

pivot grabs= allows you to out space her (just watch out for her Bair that links into f-tilt)

Bair= you can try and put up a wall with Bair. You see the funny thing is is that f-tilt really needs to hit you while your on the ground since Yoshi is so light (doesn't work with everyone). So walling with Bair and forcing Sheik to the edge where it is harder to perform has just became your key in this battle.

Hope this helps.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
There are always techniques that come out like this once a month. Bowser had his grab infinites, etc etc. Footstool combos NEVER turn out to be as good as hyped. There is no need to fear something that has never worked on you. I don't trust the legitimacy of ANY footstool combos this until I see people doing it to good players consistently in tournament. Footstools can be DI'd, even smash DId, and they are tricky to get - you might get footstooled yourself, or certain moves can block it. I don't really trust this.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yoshi is not a light character in the least bit... I think the term you were looking for is "floaty," saviorslegacy.

Anyways, I agree about waiting it out. I just want to bring this to attention in the Yoshi boards. Got to stay informed. :)

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
The problem with the infinite. is that is that if an opponent is footstooled near the ground, they have time to counter Sheik's b-air.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: At any rate, the general consensus is that we should see how it goes from here on in.

I guess just post here if you either experience it or perform it on someone else (another Yoshi player, that is) in a tournament setting. Just to keep this from becoming meaningless amounts of speculation, all other posts will be discouraged.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Infinites really ain't no thang.

If they're not banned (a lot of times they are), then you just punch them in the dick until they stop. Works nearly 100% of the time.

Metatitan

Smash Master
i wouldnt worry too much about this unless you play her on final destination, even then with proper DI this shouldnt be a problem for us

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Oh noes a new infinite! Well will make me want to play Shiek a little more though, may be XD

Thanks for sharing this... My thoughts: Just like others said, it will be like the laser lock... you won't have to worry about it much, but if it happens, then... well that sucks XD

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
There are always techniques that come out like this once a month. Bowser had his grab infinites, etc etc. Footstool combos NEVER turn out to be as good as hyped. There is no need to fear something that has never worked on you. I don't trust the legitimacy of ANY footstool combos this until I see people doing it to good players consistently in tournament. Footstools can be DI'd, even smash DId, and they are tricky to get - you might get footstooled yourself, or certain moves can block it. I don't really trust this.
Diddy kong grab release footstool on m2k. GET HYPE!

jk i know where you coming from.

Top Bottom