• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, it seems that the word is out....

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
And not a good word lol

I stumbled upon the Falco boards and apparently they made a topic discussing how you can act after the last hit of our Up B, Dark Dive. And what can Falco do? D-Air spike us :(

So crap, now people are starting to know about their little "free hit" on us.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
It all started with the Falcon boards...:(

Show a little respect for teh Ganon. Don't exploit this. He has enough trouble already.:(

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I can only imagine that this is bad if you happen to accidentally hit someone with the grab portion of Dark Dive after going past the ledge in a recovery. Just don't do it; Dark Dive is a poopy attack, too, so why use it outside of recovery? Are you suggesting that Falco's are going to intentionally get hit by the grab portion and then use Down Air to get an easy kill? Because that sounds a bit far fetched.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Sheesh, as if Ganon weren't already ****ed before this -__-

now I can't even **** people in the face without getting hit. Just like in real life >=O

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why people are so worried about this.

90% of the time I get someone with Dark Dive, they get stage spiked.

It seems goofy to me that people would try to take 11% damage or whatever and risk getting stage spiked for a chance to hit ganon with an aerial when they could more readily a) ledgehog or b) spike.

Anyone can ledgehog ganon with ease.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
You have to fight Ganon A LOT to get this down in your mind, so that you perform it consitently.
And yea, Squirrely; stage spike can really own them if they're close to the stage when grabbed, since they can't buffer their attack after the Dark dive.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'm glad this happened, and there's nothing wrong about this happening anyways. This will only get people to start believing that Ganon is the worst character in Brawl.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff..........................................................................................................................................................UCK!

Good thing I use Kirby/Mario for Falco...
*Sigh* now I can't even MM cocky Falcos with Ganon (wait, I never could... Nevermind!)

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
I know it seems really bad guys, but its not THAT bad. I mean, who's gonna use Ganondorf against a Falco anyway?

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
Lol, I used to use him for nubby players.

I know it's not the end of the world against Falco, but what if now the other boards start discovering other moves they can use against Da Dorf now? Now again though, I say only use Dark Dive when necessary anyway lol

B!squick

Smash Master
Lol, I used to use him for nubby players.

I know it's not the end of the world against Falco, but what if now the other boards start discovering other moves they can use against Da Dorf now? Now again though, I say only use Dark Dive when necessary anyway lol
Other moves? Do tell. :3

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
You have to fight Ganon A LOT to get this down in your mind, so that you perform it consitently.
people who main ganon or even secondary ganon will probably be the best at this. i mean, i main ganon and falco, and i know if a ganon up-bs me under the stage he's going down first -.-

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
Are you suggesting that Falco's are going to intentionally get hit by the grab portion and then use Down Air to get an easy kill? Because that sounds a bit far fetched.
The post introducing this to the Falco boards included a CG -> death combo on Ganon which featured exactly that.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
what if now the other boards start discovering other moves they can use against Da Dorf now?
Maybe some good things can come out of this..
A weak attack with bad hitstun would just reset Ganon after his Dark dive, which (could) lead into some crazy stuff for Ganon.
Well... most likely not, but it MAY be possible in some scenarios..

( Always look at the bright side of the dark world~ )

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
A weak attack with bad hitstun would just reset Ganon after his Dark dive, which (could) lead into some crazy stuff for Ganon.
Well, maybe you could counter-attack with a nair or uair...if you can then it's not so bad

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
You could probably counter with a quick suicide choke if Mario, or maybe even Kirby, were to hit with a Uair.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
The fact that our attack has *no* hitstun, but the illusion of being useful, makes me wonder about this.

Is it another programming bug? Did they forget to put in a value? Does the program look for a data value in the wrong place, or have a runtime exception?

Very very mysterious.

If it's not a bug, my relentless charity towards Sakurai - which he totally does not deserve - makes me think there may be some property of Dark Dive we too may be ignoring. That is, somehow, this perfidy of hitstun features in something we can do, on executing the move.

I don't know what though.

We should try spamming buttons during the Dive, see what happens. I'll test in a few weeks.

B!squick

Smash Master
I'll help too. I want to start playing Ganon more anyway since I finally got AC DAir down (Thunderstorming?). Maybe someday I'll even be able to do the Double Reverse Murder Fist (forgot the "official" name) off stage, the coolest looking recovery in the game. :)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If it's not a bug, my relentless charity towards Sakurai - which he totally does not deserve - makes me think there may be some property of Dark Dive we too may be ignoring. That is, somehow, this perfidy of hitstun features in something we can do, on executing the move.
Yea, just imagine if Ganon could Uair right after the Dark dive.. lol that would be too good ^^

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Yea, just imagine if Ganon could Uair right after the Dark dive.. lol that would be too good ^^
I was thinking more fastfall -> fair.

On recovery, that's stage spiked Skull Crush Punch.

Or.. in short... SKULL SPIKE CRUSH

Ganon is **** awesome.

Top Bottom