• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I was bored and....

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
...I began playing around with Flight of Ganon (mostly wizkick). After a while I looked on diffrent possisions where FoG is possible. And because I was so bored I dusted off my Dazzle and started recording stuff.

This is that what I got.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgACBLcbkMY&feature=player_embedded

Note that most of it you probably already know, but maybe some of it can come in handy someday. And Yes, I know there already is such a video on Youtube but I just did it my way and with more stages because I had nothing better to do.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Hey Tonsana. Kalm says you're good. I saw'd your clips in the combo vid.

This is a nice vid. Do we have a video thread? Let's see if we can move it over there.

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
Hey Tonsana. Kalm says you're good. I saw'd your clips in the combo vid.

This is a nice vid. Do we have a video thread? Let's see if we can move it over there.
Yeah but Kalm probably knows the Ganon ditto like 10 times better than me :p
If we have a video thread it would be nice if a mod placed it there.

Glad you liked it!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Enough with the excuses already, Tonsana ("I was bored" bla, bla...) lmao
You did this because you worship Ganon just as much as we do.

Now if only there was more profit to FoG'ing, other than looking plain badazz.

That FoG out of the respawn-plate looked awesome.
Do I just press L/R right away, or do I have to drop down first?

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
I do love Ganon and I did this cus FoG looks so ****** so I started testing things.

As far as I know Smashville is the only stage where you can kinda learn the timing for foging out of the respawn-plate. You cant airdodge right away. What I did is either tilt left or right and airdodge AT THE SAME TIME. Most of the time it will lead to FoG. :)

The airdodgetiming is probably just a frame or two after you left the plate.

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
on the last luigi's mansion one wouldnt it be possible to use a fair and followed by side b(if they sheild the fair)?, or at least a fair?
also do u have to time it, or is the timing the same for all of them, and shouldnt these all also lead to isjr?
epic ending

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Hey...

you know how Rainbow Cruise sometimes gays your respawn invincibility if the ship's mast rises beneath the respawn plat, putting you on the ground?

I wonder if you can get an FoG or some trick like that off of it.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Somehow I don't buy that Tonsana did all of that out of boredom. I don't think it's possible to do that without wanting to do it very deeply.

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
Somehow I don't buy that Tonsana did all of that out of boredom. I don't think it's possible to do that without wanting to do it very deeply.
Well, I can tell you that I was starting out kinda bored. After a while when the video was progressing it became more of a fun thing to do. :)

Anyway, thats not the point of this thread :p

@PK-ow. I havent tested that so feel free to do so if you want to.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Not really. The only uses for FoG are looking cool and maybe chasing after opponents that are way up in the sky. The opportunities to use it are few and far in between. Well, maybe a bit less far in between since Tonsana has figured out ridiculous ways to pull it off. :p

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
even if you can't successfully get an attack in the first time you do it, you still leave an impression on the future of the match. The snake will probably be a lot more cautious when recovering so high = mindgames

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I am officially mastering the FoG. Gonna abuse the hell out of it when possible.

WW Ganondorf

Smash Rookie
That was a really awesome vid, but can you tell me how to do FoG witha Wii remote/nunchuck? ( I know...I am so dumb... :s )

~WW

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
That was a really awesome vid, but can you tell me how to do FoG witha Wii remote/nunchuck? ( I know...I am so dumb... :s )

~WW
How do you have your controls? Here's what I have:

C: Jump
Z: Shield
A: Attack
B: Special
D-Pad: Smashes
1: Up Taunt
2: Down Taunt
1+2: Side Taunt
A+B: Grab

This makes FoG pretty easy actually because you don't have to move your hand in a weird way to get all the buttons or anything; the buttons you need to press are fairly separated and each has a devoted finger/thumb to press it. The only reason I can't get it consistently is because I'm pretty bad at timing (although I'm getting the hang of it).

So: C (Jump) (Shorthop) > C (jump) > Z (airdodge) (immediately after C pretty much) > Down B + C (at the end of the dodge almost)

I think that's it.

:034:

SLASHinator

Smash Cadet
I am officially mastering the FoG. Gonna abuse the hell out of it when possible.
This, I've almost mastered it (the first time on a day, I gotta find the timing again but I can almost do it consistently, even on wiifi), but I still have trouble actually doing anything with it. Anyone care to give a tip, or will I just grow into i?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Mostly for mindgames. I've actually used it on my friend's Meta Knight, baiting an attempt at an UAir juggle, and Wizkicking before he pops the first one out.

I doubt it'd work on an experienced one.

Top Bottom