• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I just realized I love ICs even if they're probably one of the hardest characters to use <3

C~Dog

Smash Champion
i realized about a month ago i love the ice climbers because they're so hard to use...
This is the guy who crushed my soul on sunday. I play him with Kirby, first thing i do is miss a grab then bam. Dead. I felt so ****ing violated. ;_;

r3d d09

Smash Master
This is the guy who crushed my soul on sunday. I play him with Kirby, first thing i do is miss a grab then bam. Dead. I felt so ****ing violated. ;_;
I rtl'd. anyways, group of friends was throwing a DOTA lan last week. I went with no knowledge of it. played for a little, when i got upset. I would go practice my CG's. I remember when I got 0-Death two times in a row. it was sweet.
then starting to work on some other ways of CG'ing. all i have to say is props to the masters xD

yes, I'm a nub in the making ;)

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Meep Split with M2K at Herb 2.

I wonder if they played it out. I would really like to see who would win

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
MEEP MEEP MEEP!

God I want to rant on why I hate ICs =.= It just ridiculously hard to play with them... ughh....

Prawn

Smash Master
i love the ice climbers for the same reason I was always the kid who used the AWP in counterstrike 1.6

It's just the kind of gamer I am. haha

Dev2000

Smash Lord
Do you mean that Nana is going to get meep the win...or are you implying that Nana will go suicidal at a very pivotal match! :)

If Nana or Sakurai screws this up....Imah cry for a looooooooong time...:)
No i wasnt really talking about meep :p
JustNoOne said he wanted to rant about the Icies
The rant could be one word long... nana

Nana is a real butthurt lmao

Sieguest

Smash Master
No i wasnt really talking about meep :p
JustNoOne said he wanted to rant about the Icies
The rant could be one word long... nana

Nana is a real butthurt lmao
I can't trash talk nana right now....................
actually I can't trash talk nana ever...............
Popo on the other hand..............:p

EDIT: I feel like an idiot....
that meep vs M2K already happened...............

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I think M2K sent Meep to losers, then they split in Grand Finals.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Ohhh snap I just hate the fact that they're simply just hard to play, they're aren't like Kirby where you can go do a Bair and a Fsmash and if their sheild is half eaten it works. It's way too complicated to explain but it's just aggravating... They're just simply one of the most complicated characters in the game and even uf you devote time to them, they aren't going to be tourney ready if you spend a week with them, heck I've been devoted to ICs as much as I can this past week and I've seen some improvement but to not to the degree where they can beat people consistently... ughhh it's just like going through boot camp =.=

Yeah, Nana is just a ******* as ewll, she doesn't make it any easier =.=

meepxzero

Smash Master
yeaa m2k knows how to win the match up lol. I know like a million grab set ups if mk approaches but it doesnt work if he constantly spaces in the air away from you. If me or lain were to ever beat m2k i could see it time out with 2 stocks.... Al just have to up my game against mk and if i EVER land an infinite use the infinite to stall to 300%, but yea m2k got waaaay better since the last time i played him in this match up =(. Hes impossible to grab with ic.

Plus it was almost 3 am and we all wanted to leave. He was nice enough to split but i knew he was gonna beat me cuz i wouldnt have wanted to see what would happen if i tried running the timer with him cuz that wasnt my initial intent when we first played in winners final. I hate running the timer in brawl because i forced myself to play semi aggressive with ic to never allow it.

Sieguest

Smash Master
That's a part of the life! :)
Nothing ever comes easy....unless it's Ice Cream!
All I can say is practice, practice, practice....it'll pay off in the long run! :)

On a side note: Got better with the chaingrabs lol....got my first 0-death today....lol
on diddy kong...:)

And another thing...........
I think I might switch back to using Popo as the main climber for one reason...
for some odd, stupid reason only Popo's dthrow gets that cool thwack sound when he slams the opponent...even when Nana is the main climber, she doesn't get that sound...and it throws my throws off....-.- why are the IC's so onesided to Popo...

EDIT: Meep came out of nowhere...:p

Corrupted Mind

Smash Cadet
I got my first 0 - death too!, on a meta knight no less. Although it was closely followed by the first time I tripped during a chain grab :/

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
yeaa m2k knows how to win the match up lol. I know like a million grab set ups if mk approaches but it doesnt work if he constantly spaces in the air away from you. If me or lain were to ever beat m2k i could see it time out with 2 stocks.... Al just have to up my game against mk and if i EVER land an infinite use the infinite to stall to 300%, but yea m2k got waaaay better since the last time i played him in this match up =(. Hes impossible to grab with ic.

Plus it was almost 3 am and we all wanted to leave. He was nice enough to split but i knew he was gonna beat me cuz i wouldnt have wanted to see what would happen if i tried running the timer with him cuz that wasnt my initial intent when we first played in winners final. I hate running the timer in brawl because i forced myself to play semi aggressive with ic to never allow it.
Mannnnnnn...Your mad cool. It was nice talking to you.

I'm sorta upset with my performance at HERB. It didn't really do me justice. But had there been time for top 4 to make it out of pools instead of just top 2 I would've made it out for sure.

But I kinda choked against Bill. I couldn't really CG well because the stupid pikmin have super long range. I guess I'll just have to work on it and get better. Congratz Meep on getting that high.

lain

Smash Master
If MK is uairing Nana, can you get close and upB and have her teleport out of there? Or does the upb mechanic not work when nana is in hitstun/being hit/whatever?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
If MK is uairing Nana, can you get close and upB and have her teleport out of there? Or does the upb mechanic not work when nana is in hitstun/being hit/whatever?
Yeah, if she's getting hit, you're ****ed. That's why if characters like Wario, R.O.B, and MK are taking her offstage, there's no point trying to get her back. If he's UpAiring and he's not high enough, maybe you can hit him to get MK away from Nana.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah meep I talked with Jason some about the match-up when he was in my hotel room at genesis >_>.

Oops lol.

He kept trying to beat my climbers with DDD and I kept 2 stocking him while Atomsk laughed his *** off :p haha.

Then Atomsk like...went even with me in IC dittos :(.

Prawn

Smash Master
Yeah meep I talked with Jason some about the match-up when he was in my hotel room at genesis >_>.

Oops lol.

He kept trying to beat my climbers with DDD and I kept 2 stocking him while Atomsk laughed his *** off :p haha.

Then Atomsk like...went even with me in IC dittos :(.
IC dittos = who kills Nana first.

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
My Nana failed kindergarden :(
Like Marthage said 80000000 pages ago, Nana is going Emo.
I think someone needs to make a hack that makes her smart.
*sigh* I'm glad you guys have good Nana's but mine is brain-dead.
I think she taunted next to the ultimate chimera once..........

Sieguest

Smash Master
My Nana failed kindergarden :(
Like Marthage said 80000000 pages ago, Nana is going Emo.
I think someone needs to make a hack that makes her smart.
*sigh* I'm glad you guys have good Nana's but mine is brain-dead.
I think she taunted next to the ultimate chimera once..........
:p
silly the reason I have a good Nana is because I control Nana....

Popo on the other hand.....well....I'm glad got Life Insurance....

Top Bottom