• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

Prawn

Smash Master
yeah thats what i was hoping for but i lost to a pretty good snake main from my region, he played the matchup well etc etc. soon enough my ics are gonna be on a cp only status or something

B0NK

Smash Lord
Jtails got the match-up training from me, its goin to be really tough to beat him with ic's when he is on point =/

Prawn

Smash Master
it was a close game 1 and game 2 and he ra-la-la-la-aped me on delfino game 3. i almost rage quit when i was down to one stock but i just decided to play through and learn more.

edit: oh btw he went toon link game 2 lol? was he sandbagging or has he played you with TL

Prawn

Smash Master
nah it was a kid named c.awesum who prides himself on being the campiest snake ever. the matches were close and a few things went his way and he won. its whatever lol i hadnt played or been to a tournament in weeks so it wasnt that bad

edit: thats not to discredit his win, snakes mortar sliding while holding nades and doing silly stage control and stuff ***** me :[

Prawn

Smash Master
lol even if we "outcamp snake"(theorycraft much?) he still "outcamps" us since ice blocks do like 3 damage and nades do a lot + seperate us >_<

not saying snake is unwinnable or even that its a bad matchup, just that i hate it

B0NK

Smash Lord
insta throw means absolutely nothing when those nades are cooked.

Please stop with the theorycraft, IC's does not outcamp snake

IC's can outcamp some snake players, i doubt ones that actually TRY to never approach like prawn is describing.

Prawn

Smash Master
yeah we went to bf i think first game? we have some juggle shenanigans but when they set up shop under a platform with a c4 in the middle or on the middle plat, a charged min on top of him and well cooked grenades from leaving them in front of him so he can dacus with them in his hand if need be its hard to force a bunch of mistakes without causing a bunch yourself.

and they have lots of oppurtunities to set up shop cause nana and you are always ******* around avoiding nades or trying to get back together after an ftilt while ur avoiding explosions

sorta like d3, if you run into the **** and screw up, you lose a stock or nana on the first seperation vs any capable snake. only difference is snake can force you to run into the **** in order to regain a lead or get a kill from all the "outcamping" you did of them

also fd is meh in this matchup i think

Prawn

Smash Master
also(double post fugg you)

while were on the subject of theorycrafting and tips, always dash everywhere, the slow walking **** mindgames usually doesnt work because smart opponents know things are safe on shield when u arent PSing them from a dash , not to mention we can grab/shield grab out of dash while running faster for punishments and pressure and thats ics best option if possible always ALWAYS

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux

while were on the subject of theorycrafting and tips, always dash everywhere, the slow walking **** mindgames usually doesnt work because smart opponents know things are safe on shield when u arent PSing them from a dash , not to mention we can grab/shield grab out of dash while running faster for punishments and pressure and thats ics best option if possible always ALWAYS
This advice is (Lux) theory craft approved. Except against Zelda. Go figure. *cries*

swordgard

Smash Hero

The key is watching for your dash animations range.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I'm not even mad anymore. I had a bad tourney *shrug*. I had an epic weekend despite placing like crap, so it's all good lol.

I beat him in a MM after the tourney, I was just off I suppose. Oh well, there's still Dallas.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yo Cheese you'd be a lot better if you didn't play character to character so much. Match ups don't mean as much as just playing really well and reading your opponent.

If you focused more on just trying to read your opponent on wifi instead of winning, I think you would get a lot better.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
GIMR, use IB a lot more against falco, it limits his movement and makes him really easy to grab. Also, buffer those throws! DEHF broke out of two of your cgs that you could have easily prevented by just dthrowing right away. Utilt to stop phantasm only works if they mess up their IAP, you got him once with it but then he baited you a ton and just starting IAPing correctly and kept hitting you. Squall is also very good against falco because you cover ground fast and if you know how to desynch out of it's even better. Also, watch for his phantasm patterns, he did two in a row a LOT and you could have easily pivot grabbed the second one several times but instead you kept utilting.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
GIMR I hold the controller exactly like you do, except I claw with both hands not just my left. Check it out:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CcXrAAX-H4M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CcXrAAX-H4M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I've held the control stick like that since N64

Roller

Smash Legend
Went to a tourney on saturday, went pika/ICs. Only name player I beat in bracket though was tutu (pika game 1, got 3 stocked vs his zelda, went ICs game 2, 3 stocked his zelda/sheik, then ICs again g3 and won last stock on Luigi's Mansion, lol) then promptly got wrecked by lain. =/

ch33s3

Smash Lord
coooooooooool me/hylian coming gotta play you two!
No, you stay far away from me, I want nothing to do with other ICs anywhere near me in brackets. The match with GIMR at MLG was the first time I'd won an IC ditto in tourney that I can remember.

/cowers

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I kind of like IC dittos >_>. They are stupid but I feel like I understand them. *shrugs*

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Lrn2ditto.

I was amazed you won it, Gimr must be really bad at it. ;D
I've realized that I'm bad at Icies dittos on Battle field so if I lose to an Icies player on battlefiled I get scared and think I can't beat them in Icies dittos. I'm bad on BF because I get a mental block. Now that I've realized that mental block I should be fine with the match up.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
But ours was on SV, not BF. ._.

I don't even know how I won that.
Still, mental block = gone

ICies dittos are weird for me. I'll either play really well or play horribly. Hopefully with this mental block gone it'll be the former

Top Bottom