• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
olimar??

lol Felix ***** wer with oli and felix doesnt even play IC <_< idk though, i guess wer doesnt know the MU

LOL i just realized how funny my bracket for TP4 was

i played a diddy, a peach, a snake, and a ROB <_<

all bad IC matchups XD

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Olimar is like...7-3 our favor at least? Diddy is our favor too (barely). ROB, then Snake, then "Peach" (just play patient), then MK, then everyone else loses badly.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
O: Olimar is very hard, IMO. He can grab you out of everything and his smashes go through everything you have. Excpet blizzard and Squall.

All I really do against Olimar is...Actually I don't know what I do...I just kinda. win.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
lucaro is a bad matchup for a lot of reasons.

and blizzard will stop pikmin. i'm stopped his f/dsmashes before. as for usmash, you have to be almost on top of him to get hit by that, which is bad spacing on the IC's part. as for getting grabbed through it, you should be desyncing, so he'll be getting hit by the other climber as he gets the grab. i wouldn't say its 7-3, but its definitely in our favor when played right (especially if you can get him off the stage).

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Lucario's our most dead even matchup, I think. It can really go either way.
It only seems that way because we all screw up CGs. If you actually hit the 0-deaths, you just need to fish for them while he's below 50%, and he can't really outspace you.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
and blizzard will stop pikmin. i'm stopped his f/dsmashes before. as for usmash, you have to be almost on top of him to get hit by that, which is bad spacing on the IC's part. as for getting grabbed through it, you should be desyncing, so he'll be getting hit by the other climber as he gets the grab. i wouldn't say its 7-3, but its definitely in our favor when played right (especially if you can get him off the stage).
He can pikman toss over the blizz wall but still hit you...

Maybe it's having to play RichBrown often that makes me think it's a close matchup. It doesn't seem better than maybe 60-40.
LOL i just realized how funny my bracket for TP4 was
I wonder if I played you in friendlies at TP4... What do you look like?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Olimar has options to deal with everything we throw at him. Grab being the most common. Desynched blizzards don't help because he will grab you, get hit by the other blizzard, then be able to d-smash both you and nana, recreating the situation of you having to approach him.

And I dissagree with Lucario being a bad matchup. He just doesn't have what it takes to be that much of a threat, we can camp him. And when he approaches, his spacing game is like Marth's but a tad slower and some moves reach a bit longer. But overall it isn't that hard to get damage on him. I have a hard time killing Lucario if I screw up a grab, and that's when he starts tearing up that damage on you.

Teh Future

Smash Master
lol cheese ur ******** you have the worst opinions ever.

notice that w/out any good players to tell cats otherwise everyone goes back to thinking *insert any matchup here* is bad for ICs

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Olimar has options to deal with everything we throw at him. Grab being the most common. Desynched blizzards don't help because he will grab you, get hit by the other blizzard, then be able to d-smash both you and nana, recreating the situation of you having to approach him.
or, and this is just a thought, you should try not doing it wrong. that might work.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Well mah friend, you said to blizzard wall. And it seems when I blizzard wall perfectly spaced, a pivot grab still seems to happen. Dunno what I'm doing wrong but perhaps you can shed some light on that matter.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
you are aware that he has no grab armor. he shouldn't be tanking your blizzards and getting grabs when if he's hit at any point he'll stop. spam harder. throw in an ice block if you think he'll try something.

r3d d09

Smash Master
you have to remember that everyone has a different style. what works for some wont work for others. same with the people that we play against.

have you ever played such a scrubby person and you lost to them because they did everything that wasn't logical... I know everyone has been in this situation.

Teh Future

Smash Master
theres a difference between that and someone saying that olimar can grab you through desynced blizzard when he cant maybe kakamee is facing the wrong direction?

ch33s3

Smash Lord
lol cheese ur ********
I stopped reading here because you lost to a Ganon.

Oli can't touch you with anything but purple sideb tosses though a perfect blizzard wall. I remember Atomsk v dabuz where Atomsk forced him to the edge and kept blizzarding, and ran the clock out on him because dabuz had no purples and couldn't get on stage to pull any.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Does anyone else do this? When Popo trips and Nana's still up, they usually come and try to attack you, but then you reverse blizzard them with nana, roll behind them and grab them. :] I always blizzard with nana after trip though.

swordgard

Smash Hero

Oli can't touch you with anything but purple sideb tosses though a perfect blizzard wall. I remember Atomsk v dabuz where Atomsk forced him to the edge and kept blizzarding, and ran the clock out on him because dabuz had no purples and couldn't get on stage to pull any.
pivot grab can also outrange you but its really hard to setup. Yeah, this is a hard matchup for oli >.>

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
pivot grab can also outrange you but its really hard to setup. Yeah, this is a hard matchup for oli >.>
This, they can grab your blizzard unless you pull nana back and retreat a little when they try. They can also usmash through blizzard.

Yellows will go over the blizzard wall pretty easily and purples go right through it.

I still think IC's beats oli pretty bad because they have better stage control in the match-up but oli has some tricks and you will lose to a good one that knows the match-up if you aren't careful.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash

cheese...so many things are wrong in that sentence

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
This, they can grab your blizzard unless you pull nana back and retreat a little when they try. They can also usmash through blizzard.

Yellows will go over the blizzard wall pretty easily and purples go right through it.
O: I won. I dunno. You guys may think Olimar wins. But Olimar's I play seem to always have the right pikmin at the right times and blizzard will touch them, but trading damage with Olimar isn't a good thing which is what approaching with blizzard will do.

And @ Teh Future: Nah mang, I don't think I was facing the wrong way :p

you are aware that he has no grab armor. he shouldn't be tanking your blizzards and getting grabs when if he's hit at any point he'll stop. spam harder. throw in an ice block if you think he'll try something.
Exactly. Him stopping is what makes him so good during that situation. If he didn't stop, I would just nana smash him, but that isn't the case. I never said he goes through the blizzard himself. Once he pivot grabs you through the blizzard he will get hit by the other climber that wasn't grabbed, and after he releases you for 1-2% he will have a free chance to Dsmash you then seperate you and go for the climber that was blizzarding. And Olimar is REALLY good at keeping the IC's seperated.

Happens almost all the time.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i feel the same way fighting G&W. the answer, though, is that you're just doing it wrong. once you realize this and find the right way to fix it you're problems should stop, or at the least lessen considerably.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Char discussion 2.0 :D

I personally have no experience fighting Olimar, everyone in town thinks he's utter crap. (of course everyone in town outside of me don't really know much on the competitive side of the game x.x)
In fact, now that I think about it, I have just about no first-hand character experience on just about any character due to no one being competitive in town. No wonder I suck... reading only gets me so far.(other than IC dittoes from back in the summer time :p)

/sentences that sounded more emo than I thought x.x time for more lurking.

These boards have kicked the bucket.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
He's but a smash rookie according to his post count, break him in Frozen!

Lol, I'll have fun talking to him, if he can speak english, or broken english.

swordgard

Smash Hero
its kind of dumb breaking in a person who could 3 stock me....

plus, i like Japp players.
It seems to me like some people are very bad at understanding why you act the way you do to new players.

Frozenhobo only does that when new players which are lazy and ask questions when the answers are already posted within the guides or asking for stuff without wanting to make any research on their own.

I approve.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
It seems to me like some people are very bad at understanding why you act the way you do to new players.

Frozenhobo only does that when new players which are lazy and ask questions when the answers are already posted within the guides or asking for stuff without wanting to make any research on their own.

I approve.
I know, its called a joke.

And in other news, I'm learning slowly, but surely, my own style with Icies.

Top Bottom