• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
The sadness of the Ice Climbers boards is that the majority of our activity stems from repetition/drama in the Q&A thread.

Sieguest

Smash Master
You should. Also <3 new avy
Hmm, may consider it....

@__@ Man, everyone seems to like Wigglytuff more than Pidgeot and Ho-Oh x.x

Tuff love for the birds.... (horrible pun)

also
wtf? at the WOTs @_@

@Aglow- I don't believe it's as cold cut as that x.x it's not that we bash on every new person, but the same people keep coming back asking the same question x.x

@00Zero- and while that is true, what about the people who are legitmately new to the boards themselves. (I mean those that haven't lurked for months before making an account and what not... but people who are having there fresh first timer...) I know they should read the global rules and stuff, but there is still the point of easing them into things...

Of course, not many people fall under those circumstances that I put in reply to Zero as much as the people I addressed in reply to Aglow.
and fffffffffffffffffffff, I got sucked into the drama x.x

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I'm gonna stay out of the drama that all the noobs bring to the boards.

Ah crap, there goes that plan.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
regardless of if they've been lurking for a year or just happened to come in, it should be pretty obvious that you should look for the topics that relate to what you're looking for (the Q&Q does not count as one of these). if you want to know how to CG, then you look for a stickied topic relating to CGs. you do not go straight for the Q&A and ask people to tell you what it would have taken 2 seconds to find on your own. honestly, it does not take even a meager amount of intelligence to figure this stuff out. i don't care if life is hard, there is the expectation in society that you at least put forth some effort to get what you want. the person who goes through life expecting everyone to just give them the answers without any effort of their own is clearly not meant to survive. i see no reason to help them if they can't even help themselves.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I'm gonna stay out of the drama that all the noobs bring to the boards.

Ah crap, there goes that plan.
x.x
regardless of if they've been lurking for a year or just happened to come in, it should be pretty obvious that you should look for the topics that relate to what you're looking for (the Q&Q does not count as one of these). if you want to know how to CG, then you look for a stickied topic relating to CGs. you do not go straight for the Q&A and ask people to tell you what it would have taken 2 seconds to find on your own. honestly, it does not take even a meager amount of intelligence to figure this stuff out. i don't care if life is hard, there is the expectation in society that you at least put forth some effort to get what you want. the person who goes through life expecting everyone to just give them the answers without any effort of their own is clearly not meant to survive. i see no reason to help them if they can't even help themselves.
This sounded like my Orchestra Director, Mother, Father, and History Teacher all at the same time.... @_@

Sieguest

Smash Master
guest, how is your sister doing? the boards haven't heard from her forever.
She's doing well, I spoke with her last night as a matter of fact. The only reason she doesn't post on the boards is because there's not internet connection over at Grandparent's in Oklahoma and they're "too old fashioned to get one, the typewriter is still the spark of my life there..." I usually keep her updated on any advancements in the ICs though.

0_0 gotta go, Orchestra rehearsal...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That is a little silly.

<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E_v468ptuXw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E_v468ptuXw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
That being said, receiving the right help/instruction can be the difference between someone playing and enjoying the game for years to come or walking away in frustration. I have had an intensely rewarding experience playing and (still) learning Ice Climbers, and I feel like many people on this board approach it as if it is the grinding work of Sisyphus. I think we should bring as much enthusiasm to the education of upcoming players as possible. If that isn’t of interest to you (I.e. you wish to develop your private metagame and bolster your skill), that’s fine. Use boards less, play more.
I think Frozen's hardass-ness changed my personality some. Thank you. =)

They should lurk more and ask questions later, after they have practiced their *** off and still couldnt find the answer and explain the problem and say thank you at the end. Thats how I have learn EVERY technique of Ice Climbers so far.

Guess how many questions I have seriously posted here? Zero. I asked Dub-Zero about the Hylian Desynch on AIM and that was pretty much my only discussion on it. I lurked these boards for 4 months just to make sure to never bother anyone with a dumb and annoying question and you want me to be patient with people who wont read the **** stickies like I did 10 times in a row?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's nice when people do things for themselves but I don't mind answering questions. *shrugs*

<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GIzDsGyxsQM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GIzDsGyxsQM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't post that much ;_;.

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
It's nice when people do things for themselves but I don't mind answering questions. *shrugs*
Lol had to get rid of that html in your post for my quote.
But I generally don't mind answering questions either. Just when the same question was asked like 1 or 2 pages back, or the answer is like right at the top of a sticky. Then it becomes a bit more irritating.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I know, but its better to figure it out on your own like a grown up instead of asking a question every time you come across something you have moderate difficulty with.

I'll ask a questions, but I make sure its something that wouldn't sound as stupid as "How do you Chain Grab (character)?" I'll be more like "Is there anything you do to keep your (blank) desynch consistent?"

EDIT: Practicing some hidden programming much?

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
... you haven't been around the boards enough to understand what we've been through lul.
What? Does my post count make my point any less valid? Does it warrant me as being unable to understand how these FAQ's are such a bother?
This has been an ongoing thing pretty much throughout the entire development of IC metagame.
I've been playing IC as well as reading these boards for quite some time now and I have a pretty competent understanding of this issue. True, I haven't had to deal with it as much, personally like you have, being an active poster longer than I have, but to say I don't understand it at all is a really jank statement, especially having me witnessing it first hand numerous times already.
I've actually been instant messaged on a few occasions in my short time of actually posting here, asking specifically, "How do I chain grab?".

Idk, just seems like an elitist shot at my credibility, assuming I haven't been around these boards very long because I haven't been posting very long.

Sieguest

Smash Master
its not like being here longer gives you credibility. frozens been here forever and hes still completely ********
Hmmm,

So, if Frozen=********
and Frozen= knows his stuff
then ********= Knows his stuff...

and Teh Future= doesn't know his stuff....

and knows his stuff> doesn't know his stuff...
meaning that doesn't know his stuff= beyond stupid...

then.... that must mean

Teh Future= Beyond Stupid....

r3d d09

Smash Master
I don't hear anything now :( and I'm going to the bowling alley. Bets on what I'll bowl?

-ps I stayed up till 2 in the afternoon. I'm figuring i'm going to bowl bad

PLUR. I love how we've always had peace between the two of us, little bit of love, but sadly no unity :(. we make up for it because we have respect for eachother :)

Top Bottom