• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
it seems like everyone i face now switches to marth to fight me... i need a good secondary to counter this. does D3 do well? i really don't like using him, but i hate the marth matchup soooo much.

Prawn

Smash Master
I was about to ask why you hated the matchup frozen but then I remembered you don't CG....

ehh MK/Snake do good vs marth.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
it seems like everyone i face now switches to marth to fight me... i need a good secondary to counter this. does D3 do well? i really don't like using him, but i hate the marth matchup soooo much.
I say just learn the match-up with IC's. It's pretty even and you will learn it faster than learning a new character and it will make you better overall instead of dividing your attention between two characters.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I was about to ask why you hated the matchup frozen but then I remembered you don't CG....

ehh MK/Snake do good vs marth.
no, i actually do cg now. its the **** dancing blade that i can't stand.

and hylian, you're right, i'll just have to do the same thing swordguard did with snake...

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I say just learn the match-up with IC's. It's pretty even and you will learn it faster than learning a new character and it will make you better overall instead of dividing your attention between two characters.
Don't let Marf get you down.

swordgard

Smash Hero
But but... your already dividing your attention between 2 characters, you just gotta assume one is slightly stubborn.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
But but... your already dividing your attention between 2 characters, you just gotta assume one is slightly stubborn.
Haha I read that twice before I got it.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Nice, that also means that you main 3 characters if you play someone other than Ice Climbers.

What if you could double main IC? What if each of olimar's pikmin counted as one character to main?

So many possibilities.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I can tell, but I keep posting to raise my post count for no reason. I mean if you look at my Join date you would really think I would have posted more, but I was a lurker extraordinaire.

At least I've made 100+ posts <_<

Sieguest

Smash Master
There's nothing wrong with lurking. Lurkers are sacred people! Be proud of your heritage!XD

EDIT: 1600th post, hooray for me XD.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Oh snap! Hmm... So there is a input delay in the Classic Controller -____- I didn't really notice/believe it until I started trying to CG Ness and tracking Nana's different regrab times this morning.... and then juxtaposing it against a gamecube controller when I did the same thing and succeeded...
I've been screwing myself over this whole time >__________>

/emoness

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I was watching a vid of swordgard play, and I noticed how he would shorthop with popo and blizzard with nana. Can anyone explain how to do this desynch? :x

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I was watching a vid of swordgard play, and I noticed how he would shorthop with popo and blizzard with nana. Can anyone explain how to do this desynch? :x
well, you might be able to buffer the blizzard during the jump but it would ideally need to be frame perfect.

a vid would be nice to know what you're talking about, though.

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
I managed to get 17th at R3. >_> 64 man bracket and 16 pools with top 4 making it out. I think there was around 140ish....lol

Only lost to mk...........

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Link to video?

ch33s3

Smash Lord
It's nice to finally have a TV I can practice CGs on. Yay, I can win tournies now.

lain

Smash Master
lollll....

Pound 4 is mine! No one is ready for these new climbers!

maybe i'll make it to 2nd round of pools in melee too D:

Top Bottom