• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake >>>>> Wolf

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
online with a tad bad latency snake's very weak against spamming, though offline if you know how to dodge you can get past any spammer ;P

and when I play snake, something that works often when playeras are spamming at the other side of the stage like Pit, is to air dodge untill you get a little bit in front of him, use his new wavedash, works on the most spammers I've met =P
assuming we absolutely won't fsmash ya ur right this is very effective

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
All chars in brawl have almost no skill to them. It's not melee, you can learn most of the quirks in like 5 mins.

Mind games is a different story. =/

Patinator

Smash Champion
Yeah. Uh-huh... Yeah? Yeah! I see now! This thread is completely important, relevant to Wolf, and necessary! Wow! Thanks, opening poster! You've certainly taught me something valuable!

...Any legitimate Wolf would own your third party scum of a main any day.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
***gotry illuminates from this like sweat on an athlete. Really, no one gives a **** about your opinion. I'll even play you when I have the time. Just visit http://xat.com/chat/room/23812135/?p=0&ss=2 from time to time so I can arrange matches with you and anyone else. It's basically a brawl chat for SWS.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
***gotry illuminates from this like sweat on an athlete. Really, no one gives a **** about your opinion. I'll even play you when I have the time. Just visit http://xat.com/chat/room/23812135/?p=0&ss=2 from time to time so I can arrange matches with you and anyone else. It's basically a brawl chat for SWS.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
This is a direct attack on all wolf players that laser spam to rack up percentage
It will not help you it will only delay they inevitable.
A skilled snake player will take maybe one or two laser before you catch a knee smack combo

Wolf takes no skill to learn to play with just spam and down smash roll away repeat have fun being the most hated character is brawl while snake is the most respected Character by utilizing all of his techniques.

Be warned laser spamming will earn you AAA combos a knee smack nair KO.
Haha, are you seriously preposing Wolf is a camper as a Snake player? Snake pulls grenades out of his *** faster than a McClaren.

Snake is laughable. You have to hide with grenades and then spam some side tilts in order to rack damage. A Snake main's moveset involves mashing the B button like potatoes.

Snake is respected? He's up with Zelda as one of the most annoying Random wifi characters. All you do is spam mines, grenades, and side tilts. Wolves like I, have constant techniques up my sleeve unlike Snakes with constant grenades and excuses up their *****.

Have you played real people? You know, instead of setting wolf on 1 on a 3 stock match, you could play your frie- I mean your family members in some matches.

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
I like this thread. A good old fashion flame against a character(Wolf). It makes the response of people very interesting.

Also I believe Snake's Strategy is beyond any characters with all his mines,grenades,nikita.

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
I like this thread. A good old fashion flame against a character(Wolf). It makes the response of people very interesting.

Also I believe Snake's Strategy is beyond any characters with all his mines,grenades,nikita.
ur also rly smart (fyi)

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
Um, name me a quirk that takes a long time to learn.

I almost garuntee you can't name more than 2 at best.
The game has only been out for like 4 weeks. Melee's metagame took years to develop. And the characters in brawl have way more quirks its only missing wavedashing and l-Cancel.

Try perfecting wolf's illusion cancel.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
That's just one.

I realise how little time the game's been out, but at the moment, very little practice is needed to learn the quirks that characters have.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
That's just one.

I realise how little time the game's been out, but at the moment, very little practice is needed to learn the quirks that characters have.
There wasn't anything hard to learn in melee besides wavshining but a little practice is all that took.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Um, name me a quirk that takes a long time to learn.

I almost garuntee you can't name more than 2 at best.
Well, considering this post...

All chars in brawl have almost no skill to them. It's not melee, you can learn most of the quirks in like 5 minutes.
So you're saying that if I'm one of the best in the country at X character, I'm still not skilled at that character? I see.

You ask for more than two things about a character that take a while to learn. I'll use Wolf for this, since this is a Wolf forum.

Using Aerial attacks right, learning to use his Side B right, Scarring, using his recovery correctly, knowing when to F-Smash, the percents you can D-Throw to Blaster, the characters you can D-Throw chaingrab... Must I go on?

All of these take more than five minutes to learn.

waks

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm not sure myself, but Wolf doesn't have a GREAT chaingrab. So probably middleweights and up, low percent. :p
Thats still cool :p I dont know why, but I somewhat find chain grabbing sexy. So, sometimes I get attracted to some characters cos they have chain grabs. But thats not the case with Wolf though. Been playing him long before I learned he can chain grab.

Maybe in a stage like FD, you can bring them across the stage from 0%?

Patinator

Smash Champion
Thats still cool :p I dont know why, but I somewhat find chain grabbing sexy. So, sometimes I get attracted to some characters cos they have chain grabs. But thats not the case with Wolf though. Been playing him long before I learned he can chain grab.

Maybe in a stage like FD, you can bring them across the stage from 0%?
Maybe. I'll try it on a Level One in just a bit. There's a thread in the Wolf section on it, I think.

Also, at the bolded: ...Play Dedede, you scary man... ._. ;)

waks

Smash Journeyman
Maybe. I'll try it on a Level One in just a bit. There's a thread in the Wolf section on it, I think.

Also, at the bolded: ...Play Dedede, you scary man... ._. ;)
Yeah I know, its just that, D3 is kind of slow for me :( but it wont hurt trying I guess. But yeah, I like his chain grabbing skillz @_@ and like what I said above, he's just somewhat slow.

But meh, I only played with him like, a few times to even get a feel of him. Ill try him out more, when I can remember to do so XD

Patinator

Smash Champion
Yeah I know, its just that, D3 is kind of slow for me :( but it wont hurt trying I guess. But yeah, I like his chain grabbing skillz @_@ and like what I said above, he's just somewhat slow.

But meh, I only played with him like, a few times to even get a feel of him. Ill try him out more, when I can remember to do so XD
As it happens, you MIGHT be able to chain grab across FD with Wolf. I did it on Mario.

Of course, factor in the fact it was a Level One CPU... :p

DaggerMouthWolF

Smash Rookie
snake is garbage im a wolf playa and i got snake all found out the only thing wolf needs to beat a snake is down b. snakes attacks are to slow if you down b you can hit him with a ftilt or a smash etc etc ,wacth him at all times and stay away from his ftilt play him at mid range and you should do fine . i dont fall for his tricks with bombs a snake needs to come harder plz im begging

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I think you mean "Snake is not garbage and neither is Wolf," Koarin.

Anyways... end topic discussion, please?

It is childish assaults and flames made by naive people such as the topic creator of this thread that result in flame wars, grudges, and moderators.

Please stop this right now unless we can have a friendly debate as to the Snake vs. Wolf match up. Thank you.

Klasens1

Smash Rookie
There are counter strategies to every tactic. So i think you should learn to counter it with whatever you can. Its beatable

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
snake is garbage im a wolf playa and i got snake all found out the only thing wolf needs to beat a snake is down b. snakes attacks are to slow if you down b you can hit him with a ftilt or a smash etc etc ,wacth him at all times and stay away from his ftilt play him at mid range and you should do fine . i dont fall for his tricks with bombs a snake needs to come harder plz im begging
this is by far the best post, got a good laugh, "snakes attacks are too slow" HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

btw like its been said 100 times in the wolf forums, you CANNOT fsmash after a down-b

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
man this is horrendous, idiots flaming while the majority of them dont know anything about their respective characters, Bocks over here is having some online laughing fit, and somehow this thread continues to go on with weak *** tactics. I think Wolf players need to start contributing some good vs. Snake strategy instead of *****ing about Snake. As for the Snake players, we need develop our own. We all should be working on our respective metagames not engaging in pretentious prattle. This is just stupid. Both of these characters are very capable participants of the brawl roster. So how bout every1 stops *****ing, and we get our respective metagames to the next level?

Top Bottom