• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake vs. Snake

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I'd say:

Yes it's whoever blocks and ftilt first the best. at low % though, lots can be possible, aka these two scenarios that has worked for me atleast:

A) Back throw at low %, then if he has a jump, fake close to him facing the opposite direction from him. if he airdodges, good, punish the airdodge with a back air, guess what? he has to UP B. So land quickly, and BAIR again, guess what? he isnt too far away, BAIR again. or spiking him. I rather spike after reading his airdodge to a back air, after that, he needs to blow himself to come back, so its a 50++% atleast.

or B) if he has no jump, just bair him as much as you can haha after the Bthrow.

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlN16I9atgU

the end of the vid, i ftilt bizkit, with a overused ftilt if im not wrong around 3. if you use Ftilt aain 2nd hit you may be able to spike him after he uses his up b.

I'll be contributing much more.

RATED

Smash Lord
I'd say:

Yes it's whoever blocks and ftilt first the best. at low % though, lots can be possible, aka these two scenarios that has worked for me atleast:

A) Back throw at low %, then if he has a jump, fake close to him facing the opposite direction from him. if he airdodges, good, punish the airdodge with a back air, guess what? he has to UP B. So land quickly, and BAIR again, guess what? he isnt too far away, BAIR again. or spiking him. I rather spike after reading his airdodge to a back air, after that, he needs to blow himself to come back, so its a 50++% atleast.

or B) if he has no jump, just bair him as much as you can haha after the Bthrow.

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlN16I9atgU

the end of the vid, i ftilt bizkit, with a overused ftilt if im not wrong around 3. if you use Ftilt aain 2nd hit you may be able to spike him after he uses his up b.

I'll be contributing much more.
awesome.

-----------------------
I consider that Dtilt is good in this MU and also Upthrow can be good since we could " bait" them
to airdodge or attack and punish accordingly since as we all know Snake being in the air is snake weak point.

AfroQT

Smash Master
The only time i use dtilt is if the opposing snake is falling in front of me with a grenade in hand. This pretty much makes ftilt/utilt impossible unless they are very well spaced, which you may not always be able to do. Dtilt his feet as hes landing and you wont blow up the grenade and he goes back into the air.

Not that this happens alot though.
And i do the footstool thing like mad crazy against other snakes.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Just wondering since I really don't see Snakes do it how good is spamming smartly USmash against a Snake that is trying to recover high, dropping nades, etc.?

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
yuck the ditto is so weird just because if both snakes do a move at similar times, it's no guarantee which move would win.
For example, if both snakes f-tilt at a very similar time, they don't clash all the time. This is a random reward on which f-tilt hits.
Also if you see a snake neutral-air and you want to punish the snake with a neutral air, it seems like a 50-50 that you will get beat or you will beat it. I have not tested this to see if there is a sure fire way to beat this.
Tbh this used to be my fav. mu, not because I'm so good in them but these are possible the funnest matches to play. I use to think I was really good in them until bizkit ***** me in ditto's at pound 4.
Another thing about ditto's is tides can turn so fast because snake is a very straight forward ground character. So it's very hard to camp yourself with grenades and this match-up relies on pressuring the opponent than any other MU.
Me & Candy are tied in tourney sets 3-3 in ditto's and from experience it seems that the player that pressure's the other player most wins the match.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
snake vs snake is the only ditto in the game that isn't 50/50

52/48 in favor of whoever has port priority :)

this is one match where I use nikitas all the time. :)

op says don't use grenades but i disagree. control of the grenade game i think is a big factor in who wins this match up.

less mortar slides, except for edgeguarding.

snake dittos are fun. but i dont really like playing it in tournament. i go marth usually.

usually the person who knows the max range of snakes tilts wins imo.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Im ****ing amazing at this ditto.
And if you think this is a tilt battle you are SOOO wrong. Snake Edgeguards Snake like its his ****in jobbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
both snakes will get each other to kill percents with nades, but because snake really can't apporach snake, it becomes pretty stupid pretty quickly. you gotta get close for the kill... but its so stupid to approach... even if he's on 240% and you're on 120%, you can still lose really easily.

alternatively, just use falco.

Top Bottom