• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake vs. Olimar

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
It's probably 55:45 snake's favor yo. Once snake has the stock lead it should be game.

I have a real question for some snakes who think it's Olimar favor, how does Olimar approach snake? He doesn't, F tilt beats every approach.
Out of interest, why would Oli approach a grounded snake?

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Out of interest, why would Oli approach a grounded snake?

:phone:
He answered your question in his first sentence.

I would like to note that snake can counter camp oli well. Not enough to FORCE approaches when you both know what you're doing. But enough that it turns into a war of patience.
grab outranges ftilt afaik lol

just to answer his question xD!
No. Ftilt AND dash attack can stop "grab approaches". Even dtilt possibly. Lol this aint 08 oli doesn't approach with grab. He runs away with it :troll:

Denti

Smash Master
Honestly the only viable opening an Olimar should get against Snake is if, you mind game a purple side B somehow and create some sort of opening, or if Olimar successfully walls out a grenade perfectly to where the snake has to jump to avoid the explosion or to shield the explosion but to only get grabbed/punished by the Olimar.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
No. Ftilt AND dash attack can stop "grab approaches". Even dtilt possibly. Lol this aint 08 oli doesn't approach with grab. He runs away with it :troll:

I just said that grab DOES outrange ftilt o.O
I didnt say that ftilt cant beat it.
But if both stay at their farest range grab outranges ftilt!
So of course olis grab beats Ftilt only approachs...

But which Snake would approach with Ftilt only anyway xD

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro

I just said that grab DOES outrange ftilt o.O
I didnt say that ftilt cant beat it.
But if both stay at their farest range grab outranges ftilt!
So of course olis grab beats Ftilt only approachs...

But which Snake would approach with Ftilt only anyway xD
Your not using ftilt as an approach. Your using it to stop approaches. Also saying grab outranges ftilt is way too general. Each of his pikmin go different lengths. And pretty much the only one that could outrange both ftilts possibly is white grab as far as i can tell.

Dash attack still wins. I'd love to test dtilt more in depth for it as well.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I think every beats ftilt1 (maybe not purple) and blue/white definitely beat ftilt2. Dont know about the others, purple of course isnt long enough.
But anyway I dont think this should be discussed anymore xD!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I think every beats ftilt1 (maybe not purple) and blue/white definitely beat ftilt2. Dont know about the others, purple of course isnt long enough.
But anyway I dont think this should be discussed anymore xD!
eh i cant take ur word on blue...i'll test it out myself someday.

@ralph ya i agree :laugh:

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Yeah I know, but I was just throwing it out there, because some people really get paranoid about it for some reason without thinking about what you just said lol.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Up close snake destroy's olimar. Jab to ftilt is amazing. Snake can also pressure olmiar into some nasty setups. Stage wise I would stay away from frigate, RC and YI. I know I don't always post on the snake boards but when I do, I always catch Nicole name searching

Top Bottom