• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 9 in Champaign, IL February 7th (MELEE) ***EVENT UPDATE***

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i wish there was more room in the cars but i can't make it to this. :/ have fun

Coach John McGuirk

Smash Cadet
So it looks like i'm making it to this. Who wants to go out drinking at the fire station bar down the street from SMYM?

Coach John McGuirk

Smash Cadet
Hey Kels88, I heard you thought you were a good player. What do you say you and me, play some games and the winner gets to make fun of you for an hour. And my making fun of... i mean you'll be buying me drinks. All night.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
If I go to this maybe JV will let me stay as an administrator for another 6 years! Actually it might be fun...

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I can honestly say that i hope you nor anyone similar to you attends this tournament.
I can honestly say you and anyone similar to you lacks basic respect for your fellow smashers. I was mostly kidding anyway. Chill out. I like them both.

Coach John McGuirk

Smash Cadet
I can honestly say you and anyone similar to you lacks basic respect for your fellow smashers. I was mostly kidding anyway. Chill out. I like them both.
Since you weren't fully kidding, then i stand my ground. Also, my lack of respect isn't going to taint this otherwise great tourney. I wish i could say the same for Brawl.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Since you weren't fully kidding, then i stand my ground. Also, my lack of respect isn't going to taint this otherwise great tourney. I wish i could say the same for Brawl.
Bleh. You are worse than the kids that say Brawl is a simply better game. I would have you know that some of us were too young to have been into competitive melee, and we started with Brawl. If you took the care to look back a few days ago, you would see that I said that I would like to learn to play Melee because it is of course the superior game. I am 17, and competitive Melee was a bit out of my reach at the age of 10-16. Now just lay off the judgements. Just because I like brawl as well doesn't mean you should go around telling me that you hope people like me don't attend. Unless, of course, you are not interested in the development of the Melee community.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Bleh. You are worse than the kids that say Brawl is a simply better game. I would have you know that some of us were too young to have been into competitive melee, and we started with Brawl. If you took the care to look back a few days ago, you would see that I said that I would like to learn to play Melee because it is of course the superior game. I am 17, and competitive Melee was a bit out of my reach at the age of 10-16. Now just lay off the judgements. Just because I like brawl as well doesn't mean you should go around telling me that you hope people like me don't attend. Unless, of course, you are not interested in the development of the Melee community.
Clearly johnz. Mango is like 12.

Coach John McGuirk

Smash Cadet
Kids. Ok, before i start, lay off the pepsi or whatever you kiddies are on nowadays. Melting your keyboard doesn't impress me. It's good that you're trying to get into melee, but you have to know that the melee scene has to battle against Brawl to survive. So stop bringing it up. If you want to be a part of this community, then commit to it and stop dreaming of a perfect world where both games are loved.

Climhazard

Smash Rookie
well, i've lurked for a long time, I just thought I should create an account. I don't know if I've done anything trollish at all. I just like melee a lot and if my views seem pretty extreme that's why. I tried brawl but it wasn't too fun. Now I'm trying to get back into melee again. I didn't know your post count made you a troll.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Climhazard said:
brawl should be erased from the face of the earth
Climhazard 2/3/09 aka YESTERDAY said:
I agree with the above post, I love melee, and don't really play brawl, but I would have gladly entered if both were present.
Hm......

Fail?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I'm 18
you have an awful point, and as far as I care I don't want people who are going to ruin tournament threads in my community
quit *****ing
quit johning
if you want to play melee, play it, but don't ****ing bring up brawl or this will happen EVERY time.
so who all am I $1 cash battling besides Zjiin?

Climhazard

Smash Rookie
Hm......

Fail?

dude why are you stalking me. like I said, I lurked for awhile. What I said was true, I don't really like brawl, but if the tournament would have kept melee I would have entered both just because I would've been there the whole weekend. Instead of whining about stuff that doesn't matter (like join dates) you should be trying to hype this thread up and not bog it down with bs attacks on people who want to support the community.

tomacawk you said we could falcon ditto mm.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
dude why are you stalking me. like I said, I lurked for awhile. What I said was true, I don't really like brawl, but if the tournament would have kept melee I would have entered both just because I would've been there the whole weekend. Instead of whining about stuff that doesn't matter (like join dates) you should be trying to hype this thread up and not bog it down with bs attacks on people who want to support the community.

tomacawk you said we could falcon ditto mm.
ok. so i have a cash battle marf, fox, and falcon ditto with zjiin
falcon ditto with you
I think there was one other
kels maybe?

Coach John McGuirk

Smash Cadet
Instead of whining about stuff that doesn't matter (like join dates) you should be trying to hype this thread up and not bog it down with bs attacks on people who want to support the community.
This guy is alright. I would let you buy me a beer.

Also, if you win all your $MMs Tomacawk, you can sign up for more

Tomacawk

Smash Master
This guy is alright. I would let you buy me a beer.

Also, if you win all your $MMs Tomacawk, you can sign up for more
that's a really good idea.
All the money I win for cash battles will go to more cash battles
until nobody in the venue has $ or until I'm out of money =X

Top Bottom