• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM 10 Results/Shoutouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I upload 30 vids before i go to bed if i recorded that night. One of the benefits of not having a job i suppose. I can record next tourney i go to, i have nothing better to do, besides i like splitting up vids n ****, helps me get better(getting to watch massive amounts of good people playing).

Reneblade: I have still never met you or I don't remember meeting you (it is possible I can forget >_>). So we should fix that then play some falcon dittos.
Yeah dont worry about it, ive never introduced myself to you. But yeah, we should ditto, just dont expect much from me, ill be happy to take a match, let alone a set off you.

Meneks

Smash Lord
dont take the vids if you cant put them up. simple as that.
It really is JUST as simple as that, sorry if i get a little redundant but the people who recorded this have lives. Yes we all know that the recorders are busy and have things to do.
What i don't understand is why they took it upon themselves to upload the videos when someone else who isn't as busy as they are upload them. It really isn't that complicated and i believe there was some argument in the poe thread in concerns to a similiar problem in regards to the recorders have lives and that people shouldnt be mad because they aren't doing this for self benefit...

Well you know what? I'm pretty sure alot of people will think the same when i say this but if your going to say your going to do something.... Do it.
Don't step up to the task if you aren't fit for it you won't be disappointing alot of people if you don't..

Vro

Smash Lord
Stop belittling people. You've never been in a situation where you thought you could do something, but then you let them down? In fact, that's the only way you could let someone down: it was expected and you failed. You guys are turning one misfortune into an attack of character.

Impatience is only a problem when you shove it onto others.

raychun1

Smash Apprentice
dang, who pranked me?

i sorta agree with tink and meneks, but i saw most of the good matches live. i treat tournament vids like sporting events, i watch 'em once for the outcome. i usually care more about vids from tournies i don't get to attend

edit: i heard kels got 4-stocked by deku in a friendly. daaaang, kelly. what happened?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
ah yes, sliq, once again, being an e-badass.
Sliq, it really amazes me how big of a ****ing douchebag you are. tons of people complaining, and you manage to call me out. Good job. You showed me.
ANYWAY
Peef I'm not saying it's your fault, I'm just saying, two times in a row you've had a role and it took a long time. I work 6 days a week and I'd still get the ****ing videos up, it's really not that hard. You can even queue them up on youtube now, taking 100% of the johns away.
****ing MW is so fail at videos.
Trail, I don't need your permission to talk.
edit-I agree with ray chun.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
This discussion is over. Infractions for any further negative posts.

Chill out and wait for updates instead of complaining.

BIG C

Smash Master
HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT eeerybody AOB had a steak today or yesterday he has rejoined the carnivorous portion of the world. I would like to give him a round of applause for his triumphant return he shall soon grow to be big, strong, and manly to match his beard.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Sliq, it really amazes me how big of a ****ing douchebag you are. tons of people complaining, and you manage to call me out. Good job. You showed me.
ANYWAY
Peef I'm not saying it's your fault, I'm just saying, two times in a row you've had a role and it took a long time. I work 6 days a week and I'd still get the ****ing videos up, it's really not that hard. You can even queue them up on youtube now, taking 100% of the johns away.
Once again, attempting to escape the laws of Trail. Luckily for you i secretly gave you permission to speak this time.

Kels88

Smash Lord
dang, who pranked me?

i sorta agree with tink and meneks, but i saw most of the good matches live. i treat tournament vids like sporting events, i watch 'em once for the outcome. i usually care more about vids from tournies i don't get to attend

edit: i heard kels got 4-stocked by deku in a friendly. daaaang, kelly. what happened?
hmmm that's really interesting. I somehow don't remember this event happening.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I don't remember it in particular, but blunted really ****ing impressed me.
It kinda sucks they sent you against the falco, the matchup can be pretty ****ty for samus is the falco is patient (which he was)

raychun1

Smash Apprentice
spaceballs can beat shiz and zhu, but loess to object and viperboy? wuzzadafukka?

i don't think there will be another smym :(

PEEF!

Smash Hero
spaceballs can beat shiz and zhu, but loess to object and viperboy? wuzzadafukka?

i don't think there will be another smym :(
Haha, better than that was the fact that Scar beat Lambchops handily on FD at Genesis, but Viperboy 3 stocked him there at SMYM haha.

Spaceballs might be carrying the flag for Samus players if he can keep up this OoR performance.

Sliq

Smash Master
Listen, if you don't record videos yourself, you have no right to complain about people putting videos up. Simple as that. They don't have to do anything for you. You are being a selfish. He took his LAPTOP to record matches, a laptop which could have very well been stolen. What did everyone else do? Nothing, except complain.

So, either you do something to facilitate the process of video uploading by either recording videos yourself, encoding videos, syncing audio to videos, or uploading videos, or you keep your mouth shut as other people offer up a free service to you at their own expense.

Beggars can't be choosers.

What if everyone was as lazy and opted to not record video? There would be NO VIDEO AT ALL. The fact that video exists should be solace enough. They will get up when they do.

Anyone have a problem with this, don't be afraid to say something.

ANYWAY
I read through all of the posts, but you were considerably more abusive than everyone else. Also, that message was for everyone who was complaining. I simply called you out considering you were the straw that broke the camel's back.

Also, I would say the same thing to your face. I've said it to a lot of people in the past. Check my youtube, I've probably uploaded more smash videos then anyone else in this thread. Videos aren't that simple, especially since single files can get up into GB sizes. I can't even imagine editing in audio commentary.

If you want videos, be prepared to record videos. People have become complacent with the way things have been going. Videos are a luxury, not a necessity. You don't get to be lazy and then whine.

Edit: Just read the AOB post about not being negative, so I edited my post to be more of a wake up call. Let me know if this is too "negative" and I can change it.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Doing videos for a large scale tournament is a responsibility, not a "favor".

sure its nice that pyroty did it, and i have no hate towards the guy, but when you have a responsibility to take such as tourney vids uploading, there are NO JOHNS!!

What makes it even worse is that the smash community has waited for 2 weeks now?

at least we finally got an explanation as to why they aren't up. Also its easier for you goofballs(no hate) to be like "give the guy a break" when you saw the videos live, some of us weren't able to have that oppurtunity because of certain conditions.

also, wtf this was on my bday and i wanted vids as a gift gtfon my level haha.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
sliq makes a good point. When it comes to the principle of it you can either have videos or not have videos. Yeah its takin a while but this should motivate someone else to record and release stuff sooner next time down the line.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

sure its nice that pyroty did it, and i have no hate towards the guy, but when you have a responsibility to take such as tourney vids uploading, there are NO JOHNS!!

What makes it even worse is that the smash community has waited for 2 weeks now?

at least we finally got an explanation as to why they aren't up. Also its easier for you goofballs(no hate) to be like "give the guy a break" when you saw the videos live, some of us weren't able to have that oppurtunity because of certain conditions.

no its a favor

unless recorder ppl are like a sponser like RX gaming, mlg or something, then you could complain. someone( A FELLOW SMASHER) going out of their way to record and risk their equipment getting stolen/broken is a favor. Pay him to record then you can complain all you want.

back in the day **** wasnt recorded at all. try to find a huge batch of matches from the first BOMB or pound1(among the first independently run tourneys)......you should be thankful that people like sliq, pyro, peef etc record ****, cuz we didnt have ppl dedicated to it other than BACH plus a few others way back when.

i dunno why ppl are posting with such malice aboutthe vids on this thread. if it makes u guys feel better. RX gaming recorded vids from HERB2 a MONTH ago and they havent been release yet. ppl are complaining, but it didnt turn into a flame war.......grow up

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
What I really don't want to see is more complaining about how there aren't any vids yet. That starts stupid arguments and it certainly doesn't make the videos come any faster.

It's nice to have videos in mere days of a tournament, but some folks need to stop acting like the guy has grievously wronged you by taking a little longer.

Now let's drop it.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
In your opinion do you think I have a chance of beating Shiz?
I don't think my opinion matters in anything but the subject of "this person vs Samus". So my experience of my Samus vs Shiz's Falco and vs your Fox can't be turned into a particularly informed opinion about how you'd do vs Shiz.

Watty

Smash Lord
kels, I dunno if u could beat shiz, im sure u would have a shot but from what ive seen of him he doesnt lose to space animals so it would def be a challenge.

Sliq

Smash Master

Actually, it's NO JOHNS when it comes to you not bringing your own recording equipment and recording matches yourself. You have a strong sense of entitlement for no reason. No one owes you anything. Take the chip off of your shoulder.

How does this make it worse, I thought this was the problem to begin with? Is there some other problem that the waiting on videos is compounding that I am unaware of?

at least we finally got an explanation as to why they aren't up
This is pretty much the ONLY reason to "hassle" someone about videos. To find out what is, indeed, going on. After a while, it's natural to get curious as to why they are not up, but after an answer is given the issue should be dropped.

Also its easier for you goofballs(no hate) to be like "give the guy a break" when you saw the videos live, some of us weren't able to have that oppurtunity because of certain conditions
NO JOHNS. If you are going to tell the VIDEO UPLOADER NO JOHNS for not uploading videos the moment he gets home, you certainly have NO JOHNS for not going to the tournament. Everyone has extenuating circumstances in their lives that forces them to not go SMASH 24/7. In this instance, you couldn't attend the tournament, and the uploader can not upload the videos.

Gee willickers, seems like your conditions and his conditions are identical! So if anything, it's only fair that you yell at yourself for not attending, otherwise you'd be a hypocrite, and those dudes suck.

wut

Sorry if this is bringing up the anger again, but I feel like it's a legitimate and productive thing to debate, so in the future people will be less inclined to whine about videos, and more inclined to either bring their own recording equipment or quietly wait for someone to do them a favor.

I remember when I first started, it was straight to brackets, no pools, so some people only got to play 2 matches. Now people complain about pools doing 3 stock instead of 4. It's pretty tragic how so much get's taken for granted.

I used to take my VCR, but that would be pointless now since someone stole my capture card. Maybe next time I'll take it anyways and just make Jiano do all the editing and uploading. Take that, Jiano.

Also, I'm pretty sure Shiz would win. It wouldn't be a huge domination, but I'm certain it wouldn't be a nail biter. I could be wrong, and sort of hope I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom