• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

smooth lander- the one custom equipment that should be legal

Pyr

Smash Lord
The designers of smash don't really care for the competitive community tbh and they're not going to cater anything for us because we are the minority of smash players. Nintendo just see us as a free marketing tool to sell more ****. That's it.
This is blatantly untrue. Everything from the patches, to the in game tips, to the For Glory mode, to the sponsored tournaments and the involvement of Nintendo in Evo, to developer statements... Hell, I could go on all day. All of it shows that they do care about the competitive side.

Bu$

HoC
This is blatantly untrue. Everything from the patches, to the in game tips, to the For Glory mode, to the sponsored tournaments and the involvement of Nintendo in Evo, to developer statements... Hell, I could go on all day. All of it shows that they do care about the competitive side.
Not patching their game is just bad developing. In game tips are irrelevant are are probably just a small thing they threw in. Heaps of games have tips lol. For glory is almost a joke. They barley researched our scene and just go eyyyyy FD only lol dis is what u guys want yeee ayyyy lamo...

The only reason they got involved in EVO was because of all the hype the doco created. Our community got too big to ignore so they chose to use our community to generate hype for THEIR new game. They're were never going to shun our community with all the popularity and presence we have, would have looked terrible on Nintendo s part. The backlash they got from trying to stop melee at EVO 13 was enough proof. We basically give them free advertising. They just jumped on board the hype train that we as a community made just to reap the benefits and sell more consoles/games.

I really wish they did support our community but they just make it look like they do.

Last edited:

Fuqua

Smash Apprentice
How much better does it actually feel with the smooth lander equipment? Could some skilled player make like a combo video using it, demonstrating its potential? Im very interested in this since i'm having a hard time enjoying smash 4 right now...

Epok

Smash Ace
How much better does it actually feel with the smooth lander equipment? Could some skilled player make like a combo video using it, demonstrating its potential? Im very interested in this since i'm having a hard time enjoying smash 4 right now...
Honestly, this is the next step to get the message out there. We need to use more of our resources to let people know that this could be an option.

Pyr

Smash Lord
Not patching their game is just bad developing. In game tips are irrelevant are are probably just a small thing they threw in. Heaps of games have tips lol. For glory is almost a joke. They barley researched our scene and just go eyyyyy FD only lol dis is what u guys want yeee ayyyy lamo...

The only reason they got involved in EVO was because of all the hype the doco created. Our community got too big to ignore so they chose to use our community to generate hype for THEIR new game. They're were never going to shun our community with all the popularity and presence we have, would have looked terrible on Nintendo s part. The backlash they got from trying to stop melee at EVO 13 was enough proof. We basically give them free advertising. They just jumped on board the hype train that we as a community made just to reap the benefits and sell more consoles/games.

I really wish they did support our community but they just make it look like they do.
So, let me get this straight: They're doing things to support our community to make it look like they support our community... For what? Money? Funzies? To piss you off? Oh, woe is the competitive smash community: getting all this pretend support.

You do realize that it's possible for them to both support the competitive and the casual community while also making good business decisions to make money, right? You need to take a step back and give Nintendo a chance. A lot happened since Brawl. Hell, design principals and focus at Nintendo have changed drastically in the last 3 years alone. Consider them a new company and treat them as such. Consider this game a new game all its own, and not part of a series. Maybe you'd be able to see past your own prejudice and make non-biased judgement.

Balgorxz

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, this is the next step to get the message out there. We need to use more of our resources to let people know that this could be an option.
this guy is thinking correctly, the only way to make people believe is creating hype.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
A problem is that you need to balance the stats out. The Smooth Lander effect, along with many others, causes you to have larger stat decreases than if the equipment didn't have the effect. Basically, it will be difficult to do because of that.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Several things to consider when dealing with equipment...

1. Equipment is entirely random, so no cheat codes to unlock all of it.
2. Multiples of the same effect almost always stacks.
3. The gain/loss radio is determined by the modifier and if it's on a generic or specialized equip.
And 4. Attack equipment lowers defense, defense lowers speed, speed lowers attack, no exceptions.

One SLer unbalances things significantly. Three could be catastrophic. Would rather have your SSB64 aerialz or more then five viable characters?

Even if it doesn't stack, you will want to at least have the stats at 0/0/0 for consistency. You'll either need to actually find the other two or hack them in, and 3DS and Wii U hacking isn't complex enough for the later yet.

Finding the perfect ones? Yeah, no. People can't even find the last few hats in a decent timeframe. Finding the perfect three equips, which have to be on the same system, is basically impossible.

Even a straight up better version of Brawl couldn't find a niche. Even a simple damage ratio tweak couldn't find a niche. Could something with an already limited amount of people backing even become remotely standard with all the hoops you have to jump through to use?

Every day, you in support of this are losing ground. Every day, people are becoming more and more excepting of the game the way it is. You had your chance of getting anything remotely standard before SSBU and blew it. Nobody is actually trying to make this stuff legal. I'm sorry, but complaining to a few guys on some forum isn't going to change real players or TOs minds on the situation. It's a completely lost cause, losing real supporters every day. It's finished.

Bu$

HoC
So, let me get this straight: They're doing things to support our community to make it look like they support our community... For what? Money? Funzies? To piss you off? Oh, woe is the competitive smash community: getting all this pretend support.

You do realize that it's possible for them to both support the competitive and the casual community while also making good business decisions to make money, right? You need to take a step back and give Nintendo a chance. A lot happened since Brawl. Hell, design principals and focus at Nintendo have changed drastically in the last 3 years alone. Consider them a new company and treat them as such. Consider this game a new game all its own, and not part of a series. Maybe you'd be able to see past your own prejudice and make non-biased judgement.
Dude they tried to stop melee streaming at EVO 2013.... They haven't changed. As long as their game sells and makes money they really don't care. Everything they have done have been smart financial moves to push their game and nintendos console.

Epok

Smash Ace
Several things to consider when dealing with equipment...

1. Equipment is entirely random, so no cheat codes to unlock all of it.
2. Multiples of the same effect almost always stacks.
3. The gain/loss radio is determined by the modifier and if it's on a generic or specialized equip.
And 4. Attack equipment lowers defense, defense lowers speed, speed lowers attack, no exceptions.

One SLer unbalances things significantly. Three could be catastrophic. Would rather have your SSB64 aerialz or more then five viable characters?

Even if it doesn't stack, you will want to at least have the stats at 0/0/0 for consistency. You'll either need to actually find the other two or hack them in, and 3DS and Wii U hacking isn't complex enough for the later yet.

Finding the perfect ones? Yeah, no. People can't even find the last few hats in a decent timeframe. Finding the perfect three equips, which have to be on the same system, is basically impossible.

Even a straight up better version of Brawl couldn't find a niche. Even a simple damage ratio tweak couldn't find a niche. Could something with an already limited amount of people backing even become remotely standard with all the hoops you have to jump through to use?

Every day, you in support of this are losing ground. Every day, people are becoming more and more excepting of the game the way it is. You had your chance of getting anything remotely standard before SSBU and blew it. Nobody is actually trying to make this stuff legal. I'm sorry, but complaining to a few guys on some forum isn't going to change real players or TOs minds on the situation. It's a completely lost cause, losing real supporters every day. It's finished.

It seems that you are a new to this argument because it has evolved quite a bit since this thread started. So I should get you up to speed. Many of the points you have made have been addressed a couple of times or have been flat our resolved.
I will how ever have to keep this short due to time constraints at the moment.

1.) We have discover a smooth lander badge that it very easy to obtain that can be used on all characters and has the same stats for every person that unlocks it. I set was able to set it up in less than 2 hours.
2.) Non of us are considering stacking SL or having people play what ever they want. This will be a set standard of equipment that will be used by every character so that all the adjustments are the same. It's true that the numbers aren't 0/0/0, but I have been play testing this setup for almost a week now and I haven't really found it to be game breaking. Neither has anyone else that has tested it Again that why we need more testers.
3.) I very well aware of the modifiers. That not new to any of us here.

The only reason that I got on board with this is because we found a way to get around the RNG and make a even stat change to all of the characters.

If anything we have GAINED more supporters due to the new info we found out about how to use the equipment but the problem is there is still a lot of misinformation around this subject. I don't think I have hear anyone who has actually given the system that i am proposing a try has had anything negative to say about it.

I don't really have anything against playing the game "vanilla", but I think that it is important to research all avenues of this game to see where it takes us. I never said that this needs to be tournament standard. I am just trying to spread information to a bigger audience so that we can make a sound discussion.

Sorry, but your comment isn't near enough to derail what we are trying to do. Your pretentious soap box comment at the end only succeeded at giving me a good chuckle.

Balgorxz

Smash Journeyman
people are to obsessed with the stat modifiers when it shouldn't, smash is about the experience not about balance you could easily make the standard equipment build smooth lander+rare speed badge since they are alwas the same and 99% of the Wii Us can have them just by grinding the custom moves, which won't affect balance that much and we could experience the modifiers completely.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
people are to obsessed with the stat modifiers when it shouldn't, smash is about the experience not about balance you could easily make the standard equipment build smooth lander+rare speed badge since they are alwas the same and 99% of the Wii Us can have them just by grinding the custom moves, which won't affect balance that much and we could experience the modifiers completely.
If you just have those two equipment, then you still have -35 defense and increased speed.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It seems that you are a new to this argument because it has evolved quite a bit since this thread started. So I should get you up to speed. Many of the points you have made have been addressed a couple of times or have been flat our resolved.
I will how ever have to keep this short due to time constraints at the moment.

1.) We have discover a smooth lander badge that it very easy to obtain that can be used on all characters and has the same stats for every person that unlocks it. I set was able to set it up in less than 2 hours.
2.) Non of us are considering stacking SL or having people play what ever they want. This will be a set standard of equipment that will be used by every character so that all the adjustments are the same. It's true that the numbers aren't 0/0/0, but I have been play testing this setup for almost a week now and I haven't really found it to be game breaking. Neither has anyone else that has tested it Again that why we need more testers.
3.) I very well aware of the modifiers. That not new to any of us here.

The only reason that I got on board with this is because we found a way to get around the RNG and make a even stat change to all of the characters.

If anything we have GAINED more supporters due to the new info we found out about how to use the equipment but the problem is there is still a lot of misinformation around this subject. I don't think I have hear anyone who has actually given the system that i am proposing a try has had anything negative to say about it.

I don't really have anything against playing the game "vanilla", but I think that it is important to research all avenues of this game to see where it takes us. I never said that this needs to be tournament standard. I am just trying to spread information to a bigger audience so that we can make a sound discussion.

Sorry, but your comment isn't near enough to derail what we are trying to do. Your pretentious soap box comment at the end only succeeded at giving me a good chuckle.
People didn't except a damage ratio change. How are you going to convince people to use equipment that increases their defense and lowers their speed, making combos harder? It makes using SLer in the first place somewhat redundant.

Speed doesn't just effect grounded speed, it also effects jumps and all directions of aerial movement. Recovery would be harder across the board. It's another bother for anybody on the fence about the thing.

How would you ever convince a Little Mac main to use the equipment when it nerfs his already bad recovery and magnifies his lack of an air game? How would you convince Pit mains when all his aerials SHFF autocancel already? There are entire groups of players who don't want this to happen just so their characters don't fall.

I've tried the equipment, although not the specific one from the challenge. Even playing with equipment with little stat changes alters everything about a character. If Pit has too much speed, then a whiffed Sspecial offstage takes him off the bottom. Any speed difference whatsoever changes the timing of his aforementioned autocancels. Why should I bother with the equipment if I have to relearn my character for it, and he'll be weaker overall there? It's just another impediment driving people away.

If no effort is made, nothing will happen. I don't see people arguing for it outside of this very topic. I don't see any experienced players coming in here saying anything besides "lel not happening." You're kidding yourself if you think there's enough support to get this off the ground.

Last edited:

Epok

Smash Ace
People didn't except a damage ratio change. How are you going to convince people to use equipment that increases their defense and lowers their speed, making combos harder? It makes using SLer in the first place somewhat redundant.

Speed doesn't just effect grounded speed, it also effects jumps and all directions of aerial movement. Recovery would be harder across the board. It's another bother for anybody on the fence about the thing.

How would you ever convince a Little Mac main to use the equipment when it nerfs his already bad recovery and magnifies his lack of an air game? How would you convince Pit mains when all his aerials SHFF autocancel already? There are entire groups of players who don't want this to happen just so their characters don't fall.

I've tried the equipment, although not the specific one from the challenge. Even playing with equipment with little stat changes alters everything about a character. If Pit has too much speed, then a whiffed Sspecial offstage takes him off the bottom. Any speed difference whatsoever changes the timing of his aforementioned autocancels. Why should I bother with the equipment if I have to relearn my character for it, and he'll be weaker overall there? It's just another impediment driving people away.

If no effort is made, nothing will happen. I don't see people arguing for it outside of this very topic. I don't see any experienced players coming in here saying anything besides "lel not happening." You're kidding yourself if you think there's enough support to get this off the ground.
See the problem is that everyone that has be try so desperately to shoot ne down is talking to me like I have been researching the crap out of this topic already.

Yes, the SL brawn badge gives you +35/-35 on attack/defense.

This is why you add the standard agility badge as well as the protection badge.

This will put you at +22atk , -14 def, +7 speed.

This set up is the same on EVERY CHARACTER.

It makes the game slightly faster in speed and most characters die aroun 115-130% if they don't DI.

Tbh I dont really have any issues with switchin back and forth, Because the +7 speed isn't really enough to throw the game off.

How do you know for a fact this will ruin recovery and auto cancels if you haven't really tested it thoroughly?

No one is telling you that you have to re learn your character. If you don't wanna play this way then don't. It's annoying when I'm trying to show people that there is more to this game than what we perceive as the tournament standard try to pass of their skepticism as fact.

My whole point of this is not to say that SL is definitively better. I have never said that. I do however think it deserves a thorough testing to see what develops. It really has potential. I really wish I didn't have to keep repeating this statement to ever new person that doesn't read the previous posts XD

Its funny because anytime someone comes on here with that "lel not happening" it's because they don't even realize that we have addressed a lot of the problems that people had with it in the first place.

Tell you what. If people that have unlocked it tested it and come back with legitimate data on why this is bad along vids or anything, I'll listen. but in the meantime I don't have time for people who come on here just to tell me things I already know.

I will keep going on researching this and there's nothing you can do about it besides try to shoot me down with half baked attempts. I think we both know by now it's not working lol.

RODO

Smash Ace
See the problem is that everyone that has be try so desperately to shoot ne down is talking to me like I have been researching the crap out of this topic already.

Yes, the SL brawn badge gives you +35/-35 on attack/defense.

This is why you add the standard agility badge as well as the protection badge.

This will put you at +22atk , -14 def, +7 speed.

This set up is the same on EVERY CHARACTER.

It makes the game slightly faster in speed and most characters die aroun 115-130% if they don't DI.

Tbh I dont really have any issues with switchin back and forth, Because the +7 speed isn't really enough to throw the game off.

How do you know for a fact this will ruin recovery and auto cancels if you haven't really tested it thoroughly?

No one is telling you that you have to re learn your character. If you don't wanna play this way then don't. It's annoying when I'm trying to show people that there is more to this game than what we perceive as the tournament standard try to pass of their skepticism as fact.

My whole point of this is not to say that SL is definitively better. I have never said that. I do however think it deserves a thorough testing to see what develops. It really has potential. I really wish I didn't have to keep repeating this statement to ever new person that doesn't read the previous posts XD

Its funny because anytime someone comes on here with that "lel not happening" it's because they don't even realize that we have addressed a lot of the problems that people had with it in the first place.

Tell you what. If people that have unlocked it tested it and come back with legitimate data on why this is bad along vids or anything, I'll listen. but in the meantime I don't have time for people who come on here just to tell me things I already know.

I will keep going on researching this and there's nothing you can do about it besides try to shoot me down with half baked attempts. I think we both know by now it's not working lol.
Does the added attack power or lowered defense throw off any combos? That would probably be the deciding factor in all of this.

Epok

Smash Ace
If you talking about some of the lower % combos like mario's dthrow up tilt. not really. But you combo to gain damage any way. So even thou u might have 1 less up tilt in a tru combo the damage still evens out. Some of mid late % combos effectively you can do sooner. I don't main every character so I will have to go into the individual character forums see what the bread and butter combos are and see how different it is. If anyone is able to help me research this it would be greatly appreciated.

Fuqua

Smash Apprentice
Can someone update me on how you unlock this SL brawn badge that gives you +35/-35 on attack/defense? I really just want to try this smooth landing stuff out.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Can someone update me on how you unlock this SL brawn badge that gives you +35/-35 on attack/defense? I really just want to try this smooth landing stuff out.
You can use a golden hammer on the seventh square on the top row of the challenges board. If you don't have one, then you need to collect all of the special moves.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Does the added attack power or lowered defense throw off any combos? That would probably be the deciding factor in all of this.
I think attack mainly affects how much damage is done, and has little to no effect on knockback. Defense on the other hand primarily affects knockback, and has very little effect on damage. This thread is the only one I've found that goes over equipment stat change effects and is a decent reference for what these stat changes actually do, though it sadly seems to have been left unfinished. Significant changes to speed and defense could really throw off people's timings for various things and be problematic for transitioning between SL meta and default meta, so it's important to try to keep them close to zero. Attack isn't quite as problematic, as you only do a bit more damage, though this does affect things like shield damage and priority, so it also needs to be limited, though it isn't entirely necessary to limit it to the same extent as the other stats. Ideally you'd probably want builds with defense and speed stats of 5 or less and while attack should be kept close to zero as well it's not too much of a game-changer as long as it's around 15 or less, as you probably won't find much changed except for attacks doing 1% more or so.

Epok

Smash Ace
I think attack mainly affects how much damage is done, and has little to no effect on knockback. Defense on the other hand primarily affects knockback, and has very little effect on damage. This thread is the only one I've found that goes over equipment stat change effects and is a decent reference for what these stat changes actually do, though it sadly seems to have been left unfinished. Significant changes to speed and defense could really throw off people's timings for various things and be problematic for transitioning between SL meta and default meta, so it's important to try to keep them close to zero. Attack isn't quite as problematic, as you only do a bit more damage, though this does affect things like shield damage and priority, so it also needs to be limited, though it isn't entirely necessary to limit it to the same extent as the other stats. Ideally you'd probably want builds with defense and speed stats of 5 or less and while attack should be kept close to zero as well it's not too much of a game-changer as long as it's around 15 or less, as you probably won't find much changed except for attacks doing 1% more or so.
That is a really informative page, but like you said feels unfinished. The two the starter badges I added to the build were the basic protection badge and the agility badge. These all work on all the characters. Both equips are set to +21/-14.
This will put the build at +22a / -14d /+7s. The speed adjustment is not very drastic at all. You notice the difference, but it isn't enough throw off major things like jump distance or jump speed. It's pretty tame. The defense stat is the one that is the most tricky because like you said it effects knock back. It seems that there is a noticeable difference of KO percentages. To be honest it feels reasonable because most characters are getting KO'd around the 115% - 130%. Unless its something crazy like a charged tipper F smash from Marth. The we are talking about 80%-90%. This makes sense in my head because 100% damage to me means I should be able to KO soon with a good hit. If you can DI you can stretch it to 140%-150%. Then again that is only from my experience so I would like to see what other people have come across.

Balgorxz

Smash Journeyman
How to unlock smooth lander in 10 minutes with brand new Wii U
1)complete 100 man smash to get a golden hammer
2)use a golden hammer on the seventh square on the top row of the challenges board

I've been testing the smooth lander+rare agility badge which makes a character have an average of 40 sp -30 def +10 attack, and those extra 10 attack actually fixes some unsafe jabs that some characters have like falcos multihit jab, since attack it seems that increases hitstun I need to test more to confirm though, also the negative defense makes the shield really bad and punishable with smooth lander you can actually hit someone with an aerial land and grab him before he can grab you with most of the aerials something that isn't possible with 0/0/0 builds, the gameplay changes a lot so far I'll test all the good and bad things so I can give a better review on it but I don't know how to analyze true combos or strings correctly.

Leebee

Smash Cadet
omg thank you based Epok for all the testing with other standard equipment. those values sound pretty reasonable. I wish there was some way to put to put dodgy dodger in there as well, but alas.

if there is another way to lower defense more, that would be preferable as well since that seems to be what affects hitstun?

I don't have my wiiu yet but I'd seriously love to see "Smash 4 Turbo" tourneys with the standard equip set you have. and custom moves, goddamn. I'm worried they won't get off the ground for vanilla 4 :/

Balgorxz

Smash Journeyman
omg thank you based Epok for all the testing with other standard equipment. those values sound pretty reasonable. I wish there was some way to put to put dodgy dodger in there as well, but alas.

if there is another way to lower defense more, that would be preferable as well since that seems to be what affects hitstun?

I don't have my wiiu yet but I'd seriously love to see "Smash 4 Turbo" tourneys with the standard equip set you have. and custom moves, goddamn. I'm worried they won't get off the ground for vanilla 4 :/
defense affects shielding a lot, I use -40 defense and the shield degenerates incredibly fast so you can't shield and grab offensive aproches of the enemy like in vanilla smash 4.
attack increases hitstun,damage and knockback but the knockback and hitstun effect is smaller unless we are talking about smash attacks which they get booster a lot by stats.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
How to unlock smooth lander in 10 minutes with brand new Wii U
1)complete 100 man smash to get a golden hammer
2)use a golden hammer on the seventh square on the top row of the challenges board

I've been testing the smooth lander+rare agility badge which makes a character have an average of 40 sp -30 def +10 attack, and those extra 10 attack actually fixes some unsafe jabs that some characters have like falcos multihit jab, since attack it seems that increases hitstun I need to test more to confirm though, also the negative defense makes the shield really bad and punishable with smooth lander you can actually hit someone with an aerial land and grab him before he can grab you with most of the aerials something that isn't possible with 0/0/0 builds, the gameplay changes a lot so far I'll test all the good and bad things so I can give a better review on it but I don't know how to analyze true combos or strings correctly.
i'd think doing 1 round of crazy orders followed by beating crazy hand would get the job done faster

Epok

Smash Ace
I'm super excited to see some constructive dialogue going on in here! Remember guys that whatever combination of items we use it has to be:

A.) as balanced as possible
B.) easy to obtain and distribute
C.) work on all characters

The goal of this is to not remake Melee. This to research smash 4 and see if we can improve on it competitively with out disrupting characters.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I'm really feeling torn right now. On one hand Smooth Lander + Hard Braker Fox just feels so right on a cosmic level given how fast, smooth, and combo-heavy he feels. On the other hand, he's probably still a broken POS who gets free drill -> whatever combos on everyone and if allowed will be spammed in tourneys until his horrible English voice eats away at my soul until there's nothing left.

Balgorxz

Smash Journeyman
I'm super excited to see some constructive dialogue going on in here! Remember guys that whatever combination of items we use it has to be:

A.) as balanced as possible
B.) easy to obtain and distribute
C.) work on all characters

The goal of this is to not remake Melee. This to research smash 4 and see if we can improve on it competitively with out disrupting characters.
equipments are part of smash 4 , giving equipments a chance its actually giving smash 4 to show its true potential, I'm just trying to follow Epok's rules so it makes the game more competitive and fun to watch while keeping the vanilla gameplay for glory and in for fun modes, since I like smash online to focus on normal players.
Smooth lander and stat badges are global so there no problem with that since every character can use them.

Fuqua

Smash Apprentice
Haha guys i rushed some video of me doing some Smooth lander combos with captain falcon. Im almost embarrassed, put like 0 effort into it, might do a good one this weekend with more characters. I didn't really go for huge combos but for some that can consistently be done and are viable in a real match. Im also not sure witch are true combos and witch aren't, i didn't test it at all lol, most look like true combos to me though. heres the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSlob3Wa_sw&feature=youtu.be

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
equipments are part of smash 4 , giving equipments a chance its actually giving smash 4 to show its true potential, I'm just trying to follow Epok's rules so it makes the game more competitive and fun to watch while keeping the vanilla gameplay for glory and in for fun modes, since I like smash online to focus on normal players.
Smooth lander and stat badges are global so there no problem with that since every character can use them.
Why not just allow all other equipment in that case? The equipment would not necessarily balance the game or make certain matches fun to watch.

RODO

Smash Ace
Haha guys i rushed some video of me doing some Smooth lander combos with captain falcon. Im almost embarrassed, put like 0 effort into it, might do a good one this weekend with more characters. I didn't really go for huge combos but for some that can consistently be done and are viable in a real match. Im also not sure witch are true combos and witch aren't, i didn't test it at all lol, most look like true combos to me though. heres the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSlob3Wa_sw&feature=youtu.be
What the stat distribution on him? Or did you only have smooth lander on?

Balgorxz

Smash Journeyman
17/10/9 smooth lander falco is a god, fair can degenerate shield with only one attack with the extra stats so he becomes an spacing character because fair no longer has that horrible lagg, also get some neat combos below 50 %.
gonna try ganon now

Top Bottom