• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smite - Battleground of the Gods!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I literally just went 39-4-10 as Zeus and it was 4v5 with our team having 4. The final score was 63-48. The second closest person to me was a He Bo with 13 kills and 16 deaths.

Some points that you have wrong allied:

1. If Zeus is slowed his shield removes the slow when he activates it.

2. You can't walk out of Zeus ult. Creeping curse + Gem of isolation makes people move so slow they are in it for the entire duration pretty much. I don't see other Zeus players doing this, but they really need to.

3. Zeus has one of the best escape games. Following him into the jungle is just a horrible idea because if there is more than one person chasing him all he has to do is throw a Q and it will destroy them/slow them, not to mention he can use his ult defensively as well.

I literally am 22-0 with Zeus right now. I haven't lost a single game no matter how hard my team feeds. This last game I played was 4v5, and my entire team fed horribly. I was pretty much the only person with any kills, and I was 1v3/ 1v4/ 1v5ing their entire team. I just run in, creeping curse, ult, Q, aegis, beads if I need to, and then E and it kills everyone and they can't get out of it. Their entire team had Aegis as well and still couldn't live past my burst. I got a quad because 4 people were chasing me through the jungle. I had low life but I turned around and did Q -> ult -> E and they all dropped from full to nothing instantly.

Idk if I'm just like the best Zeus or something but I couldn't carry THIS hard with He bo/Sobek at all.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I think Allied is building the tiers around 5v5 teamplay rather than pubstomping solo q, though.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I mean...I feel like Zeus would be even better in 5v5 because you could coordinate your teammates CC with his ult. You don't need to build your team around him at all, just have one other person with any type of CC in lane with him right so he can get fed before creeping curse/gem of isolation. Once you purchase those two items he's just very dominate regardless of team comp.

It really could just be me pubstomping, but I find it hard to believe I've won this many games in a row so dominantly regardless of how my team feeds with a sup-par god hah.

Allied

Smash Master
I mean...I feel like Zeus would be even better in 5v5 because you could coordinate your teammates CC with his ult. You don't need to build your team around him at all, just have one other person with any type of CC in lane with him right so he can get fed before creeping curse/gem of isolation. Once you purchase those two items he's just very dominate regardless of team comp.

It really could just be me pubstomping, but I find it hard to believe I've won this many games in a row so dominantly regardless of how my team feeds with a sup-par god hah.
you are cray dphat, diem and everyone know once zeus is out of position for a little bit, hes DEAD. it really sucks his passive should be a passive on his abilities instead of his main passive because i feel he should have something else as his passive but it still stands zeus needs a super CATERED team to him because he can't solo mid, he barely can side lane without the proper support, he can't push because he gets ganked hard and if out of position once hes done for, if played properly and if they decide to counter you in lane thats extra annoyance dude. Zeus is good don't get me wrong but it requires the right coordination i feel to make him useable and even then why have zeus on your team when you have..

he bo and agni, even crappy anubis offers more, btw zeus's ult without the proper hold, you walk out of them with ease man, it won't even do enough to matter with gem of isolation.

Creeping curse i believe should be a later in the game item, if you are rushing that before beads or aegis (which are easily the most broken abilities besides hand of god) then you are setting yourself behind. Aegis is almost a must have, everyone rushes that **** usually by the time the first towers start going down because its a keyfight essential especially against coordinated burst

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I need to just..play with you guys lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just bought agni and went 27-4-8 my first game lololol.

Player-3

Smash Hero
bro im the best kali in smite as evidence of my 100% win rate with her and my large amount of experience in high level play

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian = best ap mid in smite!!! Teach me JORDAN
First thing you do is go ALL IN every hand. No matter what. 2/7 OS vs cowboys? MAKE THEM THINK YOU HAVE ROCKETS MAN.

Everything else after will just fall in place :).

Seriously though, Agni is insane >_>. What builds do you use andy and what do you level first?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
GG's Andy/Allied. I need to play with you guys more, it's a lot more fun than solo queue >_>.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I'm confused how do you preorder a game that is free 2 play?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You can also pay like $20 and unlock 18 gods or something like that IIRC.

Also, here is the new god spotlight:

[yt]VBIYfZY_A08[/yt]

Also, patch notes:

New God!
Bakasura, the Great Devourer
Passive – Insatiable Hunger
Bakasura’s attack speed increases by 4% for each enemy that he kills. The buff lasts for 10 seconds and can stack up to 5 times.
Take Down
Bakasura leaps to his ground target location, doing 100/160/220/280/340 (+60% of your physical power) physical damage to all enemies in the area and reducing their damage done by 30% for 3 seconds. Cost – 60/65/70/75/80 mana. Cooldown – 12s.
Eat Minion
Bakasura grabs a minion and devours it, healing himself for 125/175/225/275/325 (+100% of your physical power) and gaining a 15/20/25/30/35% movement speed buff for 6 seconds. Buff wielding minions must be at 33% health to be consumed. Up to 6 minions are stored for Regurgitate. Cost – 75 mana. Cooldown – 15/14/13/12/11s.
Butcher Blades
Bakasura passively gains 10/15/20/25/30 physical power. When activated, he gains an additional 15/30/45/60/75 true damage on each strike for 6 seconds. Cost – 60/65/70/75/80 mana. Cooldown – 14s.
Regurgitate
Bakasura exposes his head, regurgitating all of the minions consumed by his Consume Minion ability at his ground target location that slows enemy players by 15/20/25/30/35%. Bakasura’s basic attacks become cone attacks for 6 seconds. Cost – 80/90/100/110/120 mana. Cooldown – 90s.
General:
Fire Giant
The fire giant spawn has been delayed to the 10 minute mark in the match.
Continued match making changes.
Added environmental “flair” to the map. (Falling leaves, blowing dust, spiders, etc)
New players are now prompted to watch the tutorial video as soon as they land in the game lobby.
Final fixes to address the potential of invisible gods during matches.
Link added to the main menu to allow sending keys to friends.
UI:
Several changes in the UI to better support lower resolutions.
Chat changes
New chat window for all whispers.
Added /w, /whisper, /r and /reply to the match chat to allow whispering players outside of matches or in other matches. More functionality to be added in the future.
Format is /r <playername> <message>
One character chat messages are now accepted.
Chat messages sent during map transitions are no longer lost.
HUD
Now shows actual ground speed. Does not change while firing though.
Several changes to in-game notifications and presentation.
Buff Camps:
Health Regen Camp
Health regeneration buff reduced from 15 to 10 health a second.
Item Store:
New Item:
Circlet of Focus
This item gives the owner a chance to reduce the mana cost of the next ability to zero.
Girdle of Might
Reduced the cooldown from 180 to 120 seconds.
Increased the Physical Power buff from 20 to 30.
Increased the Magical Power buff from 20 to 50.
Frostbound Hammer
Basic ranged attacks now slow by 15% while melee attacks still slow by 35%.
Midgardian Mail
The chance to slow enemies movements and attack speeds is now limited to only gods. Really this time.
Gods:
Agni
New taunt!
Rain Fire
Fixed animation issue with firing consecutive meteors.
Fixed timing difference between holding down the button to fire 3 consecutive meteors versus clicking the button 3 times.
It now takes Agni .8s to fire a meteor (up from .5s).
Path of Flames
Damage done per tick has been reduced from 25/35/45/55/65 to 20/30/40/50/60.
Arachne
Arachne no longer gets stuck in place when using Drain Life on enemies that are performing their own movement abilities.
Hades
Soultaker skin
Slight tweaks to FX on the Soultaker skin.
Hel
Switching stances no longer procs Polynomicon and Circlet of Focus.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Can you buy gods individually within the game?
Yes, It costs 5500 in game currency which you acquire by playing games and leveling up or you can just pay real money for them if you want as well.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
There is a new game feature that lets you give infinite beta keys. All you need is someones email. So just post your email in here if you still need a key.

D

Deleted member

wait what feature? I think my friend would want one but I ofc have an account myself

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just look on the left in the main menu you should see it.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah build order would be nice.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
I'm assuming you're going mid?
I've been building Doom Orb 2 + 5 Health Pots
Then depending on how well you're doing, your first back should be to finish Doom Orb 3 and Sprint/Boots
(I usually have 1250~ by 3 Minutes, if you get a kill you can have it by as early as 2 minutes)
Then from there I usually like to pick up at least level 1 boots (reinforce usually, BUT I've been positioning myself better and started to pick up magi boots for the insane burst). The 50 magic power is essentially ~ 200+ on your burst (which is crazy at early level). Then from there if they are magic heavy I'll rush a void stone if they are physical I go quick mark. The mark combined with ra slow is insane sustained damage and shouldn't be overlooked. But if they have a good mix and I'm doing ridiculous well I've started to rush a Gem instead of building defensive. Then I don't know what to buy after that LOL. If they are heal heavy(like a team with vamana with guan/hel) make a divine rune if not rush a rod if they aren't building magic resist.

Also my skill order been the following 1 - 2 - 1 - 3 then spell priority is 4 - 1 - 3 - 2. But if your opponent is playing scared I've been going 1 - 3 - 1 so that you can throw your heal down and your lvl 2 solar ray can double tap and kill range minions instantly. But yeah ra a ton of fun, I think he's what every character should be balanced around. Anyways hitting a full combo is so rewarding, he's easily the mage with the best early-mid game. It's around 30-40 minutes where he falls off significantly.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok cool I've actually been building similar to you except starting boots instead of orb, and not getting sprint. I'll try that out for sure.

I've been leveling 4 > 1 > 2 > 3, why do you level the heal over the slow? I don't really know which is better honestly just curious because it seems like I use my 2 more than my 3 so I leveled it first(though I could just need to use 3 more lol)

D

Deleted member

is this game worth playin

its pretty fun but its definitely still in need of loads of content

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
is this game worth playin

its pretty fun but its definitely still in need of loads of content
I think it's worth playing. It's picking up fast in popularity and it's very skill based. If you don't want to deal with beta content you should probably just wait but all of the patches have been good so far.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Patch notes:

http://smitedb.com/2012/08/02/smite-closed-beta-version-0-1-9997-patch-notes-2/

New God!
Anhur, Slayer of Enemies
Passive – Cripple
Anhur’s spear attacks reduce the enemy targets’ physical power by 20% for 3 seconds.
Shifting Sands
Anhur erects an obelisk from the ground, blocking player movement for 7 seconds. The surrounding sands slow enemies by 20/25/30/35/40% and increase the damage of Anhur’s basic attacks by 4/8/12/16/20%. Cost – 60/65/70/75/80 mana. Cooldown 14s.
Impale
Anhur hurls his spear with great might. If the spear hits a god, they take 90/155/220/285/350 (+80% of your physical power) physical damage and are knocked back. Gods hitting a wall are stunned for 2 seconds. The spear passes through minions, doing damage to them as well. Cost 70/75/80/85/90 mana. Cooldown 12s.
Disperse
Anhur leaps to his ground target location, doing 50/90/130/170/210 (+50% of your physical power) physical damage and knocking back all enemies in the radius. Cost – 60/65/70/75/80 mana. Cooldown 13s.
Desert Fury
Summoning the fury of the desert, Anhur hunkers down and throws 8 empowered spears that pass through everything, doing 75/95/11/135/155 (+15% of your physical power) physical damage to all enemies in their path. He is immune to knockback for the duration. Cost – 80/90/100/110/120 mana. Cooldown 90s.
General:
Deserter penalty changes:
Clicking Decline or not accepting a match invite now counts as a desertion. The first time this occurs will result in a 10 minute deserter penalty.
Deserter penalties now escalate for consecutive desertions.
A new package has been added to the Store, purchasable for $29.99 USD///€23.99 EUR///£20.99 GBP. The package gives permanent access to the first 30 gods released in the game. Persons that have made previous real-money purchases in SMITE will receive a discount on the package, based on the money spent to date (some will be given the package outright, based on their previous purchases).
The amount of favor granted upon each level has been adjusted.
New skins that are purchasable using favor, in addition to Gems, have been added to the game.
Fixed several issues that were causing map instances to crash.
Continued changes to the match making system. Additional improvements are planned.
A new setting has been added to “Block Chat Messages from Non-Friends.”
Bug fixed that would sometimes allow Artemis’ boar to hit the same target twice.
Closing the store while on Consumables or Abilities will now reopen to Items instead of going back to Consumables or Abilities.
Number of current matches has been removed from the queue button.
UI:
Significantly improved and expanded the Voice Command System (see below for current list of voice commands).
Voice added for Ao Kuang, Artemis, Guan Yu and Sobek.
God Selection within the Match Lobby has been improved (the list of gods is now vertically expandable).
A new setting has been added for “Colorblind Mode” that better optimizes for colorblind players. This is a first pass and further improvements are expected. Please report any problems with this mode.
Variety of chat cleanups.
Several cleanups to the in-match item store.
New art of some accolades.
Added total player count to the top bar in the Game Lobby.
Buff Camps:
Camp leashing has had several tweaks.
The distance the camps can be pulled away from their spawning location has been modified.
When buff camps have been pulled more than 60 feet from their entrance, they will become immune to damage, reset their health and run faster back to their spawning location.
Item Store:
New Items
Wall of Absolution
This item gives the owner physical protection while applying a magical protection debuff when hit.
Vampiric Shroud
This item gives the owner physical lifesteal and additional regenerative stats.
Circlet of Focus
Bug fixed where the proc was being consumed by basic attacks in some situations.
Mystical Mark
Damage per second reduced from 40 to 30.
Total cost of the item increased from 2100 to 2520.
Reinforced Boots
Reduced the HP5 from 10/20/30 to 5/10/15.
Sovereignty
Radius for the aura increased from 30 ft to 40 ft.
Physical protection provided from the aura increased from 20 to 30.
Silverfox Girdle
Reduced the Health from 250/600/1000 to 250/500/750.
Gauntlet of Thebes
Reduced the Health from 150/400/650 to 150/300/450.
Reduced the number of stacks from 100 to 80.
Pythagorem’s Piece
Total cost of the item decreased from 3050 to 2650.
Divine Ruin
% of healing debuffed was increased from 20% to 25% per stack.
Brawler’s Beat Stick
% of healing debuffed was increased from 20% to 25% per stack.
Gods:
Agni
Noxious Fumes
Reduced the duration of the stun from 2s to 1s.
Path of Flames
Amount of time the flames are on the ground has been reduced from 4s to 3s.
Rain Fire
Range has been reduced from 70 to 65 feet.
Anubis
Plague of Locusts
Reduced the cooldown from 18/17/16/15/14s to 15/14/13/12/11s.
Mummify
Reduced the cooldown from 20/19/18/17/16s to 18/17/16/15/14s.
Grasping Hands
Increased the slow from 30% to 35%.
Ao Kuang
Squall
Base damage increased from 35/75/115/155/195 to 60/105/150/195/240.
Slither
Base movement speed buff increased from 5/8/11/14/17% to 15/19/23/27/31%.
Additional movement speed buff based on nearby enemies decreased from 3/4/5/6/7% to 2/3/4/5/6%.
Bakasura
Take Down
Decreased the speed of the jump to fall more in line with other jumps.
Eat Minion
Base amount healed reduced from 125/175/225/275/325 to 100/150/200/250/300.
Reduced the duration of the movement buff from 6s to 5s.
Butcher Blades
True damage has been reduced from 15/30/45/60/75 to 10/25/40/55/70.
Guan Yu
Tranquil Gift
Mana cost has been increased from 50/60/70/80/90 to 60/70/80/90/100.
Warrior’s Will
Mana cost has been increased from 50/60/70/80/90 to 60/70/80/90/100.
Base damage reduced from 90/150/210/270/330 to 80/135/190/245/300.
Hades
Death From Below
Base damage increased from 30/50/70/90/110 to 50/90/130/170/210.
Devour Souls
Fixed an issue that was causing the damage from Blighted enemies to be reduced based on the distance from the explosion.
He Bo
Passive – Steady Flow
Magical power increase for each ability used has been reduced from 10% to 5%.
Water Cannon
Base damage reduced from 100/160/220/280/340 to 90/145/200/255/310.
Decreased the magical power contribution from 100% to 90%.
Waterspout
Reduced the amount of time He Bo is rooted while firing this ability to give him more mobility.
Crushing Wave
Base damage reduced from 400/480/560/640/720 to 370/450/530/610/690.
Decreased the magical power contribution from 130% to 115%.
Sobek
Charge Prey
Issue was fixed where this ability sometimes ignored protections to knockback.
Tail Whip
Base damage reduced from 90/140/190/240/290 to 80/125/170/215/260.
Lurking in the Waters
This ability no longer reduces incoming damage by 25% while firing.
Vamana
Armored Umbrella
Base damage reduced from 85/150/215/280/345 to 85/140/195/250/305.
Umbrellarang
Attack speed and movement slows have been reduced from 35% to 25%.

Top Bottom