• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smite - Battleground of the Gods!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
https://account.hirezstudios.com/smitegame/

SMITE is an online battleground between mythical gods that is free-to-play and currently in Closed Beta.

Similar to DoTA gameplay but instead of being above the action you are IN the action. Close third-person camera instead of RTS view. Move with WASD instead of clicking on a map. Detailed graphics and visual FX. Action combat, dodging, and AIMING. Everything is a skill-shot. Free-to-Play but not pay-to-win.

Gameplay:
[yt]lJk0idhG-qI[/yt]

Tutorial:
[yt]26UoxVq7-3s[/yt]

Preview:
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/a3kkr3/smite-hit-points-preview

Database:
http://smitedb.com/

Useful posts:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14629927&postcount=39
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14629911&postcount=37

Smite users:

Hylian --- Hylian88
Tmacc --- Tmacc
Vyke --- Tonixion
Ignatius --- Ignatius
I_AM_Plum --- Plum
Kal --- Kalrofl
Dphat --- Dphat
arturitoburrito --- arturitoburrito
Player-3 --- wampuh
Geenareeno --- Geenareeno
Sethlon --- Sethlon
S2J --- CaptainBJ
Lovage --- SQPusher
Allied --- oGsTheWoK
Jem. --- hMJem

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Just got into this game and looking to get more people into it.

We can work out a beta system so that everyone here can get in. I have 1 key that I'm giving to anyone pretty much, I just ask that they give me one of the two keys they receive back, so I continue giving keys out. If people have extra keys and want to give me them I keep them on a notepad and will just give them out to anyone who asks here via PM.

I only just hit level 6, and bought He Bo. Other than that I've only played the free gods so far.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah you can kal. Just send me one back so I can keep giving them out.

D

Deleted member

is this game another stand alone in MOBAs or is it similar to DOTA or closer to League

Kal

Smash Champion
Ok, I used the beta key, but for the friend referral I get:

Thank you for your participation in the SMITE Beta Program. You currently have no more keys to give out to your friends. Watch this page, as we will be giving out new keys on a frequent basis.

Is there a waiting period on getting these two extra keys I'm supposed to get?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
is this game another stand alone in MOBAs or is it similar to DOTA or closer to League
Uhhh it's kind of like SMNC + dota but less confusing?

Japhix

Smash Rookie
No more keys? :(

Hi :) I PM'ed you, don't know if "Kal" used your last beta key, but if I could somehow get one I would be incredibly happy and very grateful

Japhix

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Kal did get my last one, but he will give me one whenever they show up on his account.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Compared to League (short stuns, game is based on gold and whole team interaction, global objectives are monsters for midgame and towers later game) and DotA (Long Stuns, carries have CC and can 1v5, global objectives are kill people and towers mostly, jungling isn't required at a high level of play)

what's Smite like?

Vyke

Smash Champion
Everyone is fun and answering your question is hard. It's all going to change over the duration of Beta anyhow. Right now everyone's cooldowns are pretty medium to short. Most gods can jungle if they take the Health Regen camp with some help, and the "dragon" of the game is really fawking hard to kill until mid-game and even then, you need like 4-5.

It's pretty unorganized, but I imagine most fights will revolve around the jungle camps. There's Armor, Mana Regen, Health Regen, Speed, Dmg, and Cooldown buff camps. Jungle is pretty huge as a result, and it actually feels/looks like a jungle, lol.

Towers hit really hard, and most gods start with a low health pool so diving is a pretty ******** idea in general. But towers in comparison to League or Dota are rather fragile instead, so you can take them down with 3 peeps with a full creep wave before laning is over.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
This actually looks really cool and Id love to give the game a shot myself.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Everyone is fun and answering your question is hard. It's all going to change over the duration of Beta anyhow. Right now everyone's cooldowns are pretty medium to short. Most gods can jungle if they take the Health Regen camp with some help, and the "dragon" of the game is really fawking hard to kill until mid-game and even then, you need like 4-5.
At what level can a mage 100-0 you with correct play?

Are there good and bad junglers?

What does the dragon give?

What's the average game time and how do you usually win?

It's pretty unorganized, but I imagine most fights will revolve around the jungle camps. There's Armor, Mana Regen, Health Regen, Speed, Dmg, and Cooldown buff camps. Jungle is pretty huge as a result, and it actually feels/looks like a jungle, lol.

How does cooldown work? Is health regen generally an actually used stat? What are the usual regen #'s as opposed to usual hp amounts?

Towers hit really hard, and most gods start with a low health pool so diving is a pretty ******** idea in general. But towers in comparison to League or Dota are rather fragile instead, so you can take them down with 3 peeps with a full creep wave before laning is over.
At what time can you tower dive? How long does it take someone to kill a tower on their own with a creep wave (assume it doesn't die but only does as much damage as 1 creep wave would do to a tower/sec) during early/mid/late game?

How is the metagame and team compositions currently/?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
My name in game is Plum, if anybody wants to add.
Maining He Bo, at least from the past couple of days I've been playing. Short CD nuke, good aoe CC, and a strong initiation/escape.

Going to be messing around in the jungle, try some things out. You can start level 1 boots + "smite summoner" + pots, and maybe that can make for some good jungle. I like the ability to buy summoners (just called abilities); I say summoners as somebody coming from LoL, so I'm just used to calling them that. 500 gold on the "do damage to nearby creeps" ability could make jungling easy, but I'll have to try it out.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok, I used the beta key, but for the friend referral I get:

Thank you for your participation in the SMITE Beta Program. You currently have no more keys to give out to your friends. Watch this page, as we will be giving out new keys on a frequent basis.

Is there a waiting period on getting these two extra keys I'm supposed to get?
Yeah it takes a little bit for them to send you the keys.

I also main He Bo Plum!

------------

Just got done playing a lot of games. I am currently 10-3(w-l). The first 3 games I lost when I first started playing haha.

It's crazy how much you can carry a game. Even without the most farm/gold or being the highest level you can STILL carry your entire team if you are good. Brandon and I just played and won every single game we duo'ed. One of the games the 3 other people on our team went 1-9, 1-15, and 1-4 and brandon and I STILL carried them. If you have at least 1 other good person with you and you are better than they other team than you will win you don't need to rely on others.

This is mainly because everything is a skillshot. Someone can't just insta burst you down, you can dodge pretty much everything(though some things are obviously way harder to dodge than others). You can win 1v4 or 2v5 fights if you are good at aiming and dodging stuff and know how to use your skills correctly to keep people off of you. I've also had several instances of getting into a 1v1 with another good player and we end up killing each other at the exact same time, and it's very epic feeling.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
This is mainly because everything is a skillshot. Someone can't just insta burst you down, you can dodge pretty much everything(though some things are obviously way harder to dodge than others). You can win 1v4 or 2v5 fights if you are good at aiming and dodging stuff and know how to use your skills correctly to keep people off of you. I've also had several instances of getting into a 1v1 with another good player and we end up killing each other at the exact same time, and it's very epic feeling.
What seperates this game competitively from BLC then.

Just the added RPG element? (Items, levels)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't know what BLC is.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is a free to play game IIRC right?

How would I get a beta key or is it too late?
You can find beta keys on reddit/random sites/here. It's not too late.

give me a key NAO
I will once I get a key back from kal whenever they send him his.

To clarify, I will give everyone in this thread a key, but I can only give one at a time and then I have to wait for that person to give me a key back so it will take some time(but will be faster if people give me 2 keys back instead of 1 :))

Xaltis

Smash Hero
You can find beta keys on reddit/random sites/here. It's not too late.

I will once I get a key back from kal whenever they send him his.

To clarify, I will give everyone in this thread a key, but I can only give one at a time and then I have to wait for that person to give me a key back so it will take some time(but will be faster if people give me 2 keys back instead of 1 :))
Do I have to buy them or anything? Help me get one! XO

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Bloodline Champions.

Top Down arena style game where everything is a skill shot.

Pretty competitive, was at dreamhack.
Never heard of it, so I can't really say. This has a 3rd person view instead of an isometric view which makes it very different. You can sneak up on people, juke them, hide around corners when running away, ambush people..none of these things work as well in an isometric view.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Never heard of it, so I can't really say. This has a 3rd person view instead of an isometric view which makes it very different. You can sneak up on people, juke them, hide around corners when running away, ambush people..none of these things work as well in an isometric view.
Yeah, that's true.

How do classes work currently? Are there melee carries and Mages and Tanks and supports and such?

How do skills work? (LoL has 3 skills with 5 levels, 1 ult with 3 and a passive thats automatic. DotA has 3 skills with 4 levels, one ult with 3, and stats, etc.)

Do characters have an autoattack?

Does everything cost mana?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah, that's true.

How do classes work currently? Are there melee carries and Mages and Tanks and supports and such?

How do skills work? (LoL has 3 skills with 5 levels, 1 ult with 3 and a passive thats automatic. DotA has 3 skills with 4 levels, one ult with 3, and stats, etc.)

Do characters have an autoattack?

Does everything cost mana?
There are 20 levels, you get your ult at 5 instead of 6. You have 4 skills(I use left shift, qer). There are tanks, junglers, mages..not really any support classes yet though many classes have useful utility moves. Characters have auto attacks but they are skill shots as well for ranged.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What is your in game name lovage? I will add you.

And yeah wukong is really fun. Jumping over walls is nice and his ult is sick.

Edit: The 1000 favor you get from leveling really helps. At level 5 or 6 you can afford someone new.

Kal

Smash Champion
I got my two keys. It might be faster for just one individual to create accounts over and over. Go through the motions of doubling your **** over and over, and you'll have 128 keys after 7 times. Though, if the people Hylian gives accounts to actually give him both keys, it would have the same effect. The slow-down only arises when he asks for only one key.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok, I'm actually going to use one of the keys to make another account so I can generate keys non-stop lol. This is tedious, so I will still be asking people to give me keys back.

Edit: I've made two accounts already. I'm going to just start posting keys in this thread, so keep an eye out. If you guys could post at least one of the keys you get in this thread as well it would help me a lot :).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Here is the first of hopefully many keys I will be posting here:

F155A-38663-89C34-9CDBD-75825

You want to go here:
https://account.hirezstudios.com/login.aspx

And make an account. After you make an account go to "Games" and then enter a key for smite. You don't need to download it to activate the key, though you can download it before you get a key.

Kal

Smash Champion
Guys, unless you have a particular friend in mind whom you want to give the key, please give Hylian both keys. It will be much faster this way.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Also, let me give you guys a good control layout(the current one is awkward and hard to use).

For your primary skills(usually qwer in other moba games) you want to set them to: Leftshift, q, e, r. Left shift would be your w basically or what your 2 used to be. These skills were assigned to 1234 before.

To level up skills I suggest zxcv. They are muuuchhh easier to hit than F1-F4 while you are playing. Since you changed your potion button make consumables = left ctrl.

You can buy abilities(summoner spells basically) from the store in game, set those to either 1,2,3 or F,G,H. I personally use F,G,3 but that's kind of weird.

You changed your emotes as well(you can make the announcer say things like mid mia in this game) so make that left alt. It's called VHS I believe or something like that.

If you want to look at your abilities and stuff in game hold down space and hover your mouse over things. Tab shows score etc.

--------

Guys, unless you have a particular friend in mind whom you want to give the key, please give Hylian both keys. It will be much faster this way.
This!!!! You can also just cut the middleman and post them in this thread however. I will make sure I always have 1 key to generate if we somehow run out.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Dammit who used the first key? Can I get the next one cause I need to go to bed =(

I'll get it, activate it then post the other one I get for you guys. Do you see what the other keys are when you activate yours?

*EDIT*

Oh nobody used it I just did it wrong. I just activated mine. How do I find out what the other keys are? Contact me on my aim if you wanna make this faster

D

Deleted member

ooh, this looks really cool.
Would cross-ocean lag be an issue for this?

Top Bottom