• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashturbation! Melee. IT'S LIKE THE THING THAT JUST KEEPS DYING!!!!

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
Yes pools ftw, that way I dont pay 10 bucks to lose to nate and jake right away : (

Also someone post an address because I have no idea where matt or eric or anyone lives

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
If the pools aren't too big, and they're appropriate for the amount of people, then sure.
Also, we need to do that nnr vs gta crew battle-ness.

And yeah, Noah lets do teams and don't worry I know how to get there. It be in tha sauga desert.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
If we do plain brackets then we would probably have time for both singles and doubles, but I would put the prices down to $5 per person, even singles. The bigger money can be made at Starfurry. I really hope that wouldn't be a problem and such. But this idea is still under construction.

On another note, who can provide with TVs? anyone in sauga? someone who's driving over here? It would be appreciated.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I know everyone knew I'd say this, but 5 dollars is rediculous. It costs equal if not more then that just to get to the place.
Lets factor in the time to get there and the overall fact that it'd be killing a whole weekend day ( for those who have school this can be murder).

I can't speak for everyone but I doubt many of NNR will want to come if thats the case.

Also, on the subject of time, there can always be time to finish things. It just has to do with people being willing to quit whatever friendlies they're doing at the moment and finish their matches...... Oh, and tvs too of course.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I know doubles for suuuure will be $5 if we do it. I'm kinda trying to aim at people spending like $10 for the tournament just so that they won't be having money issues for Starfurry. So like if you guys want just singles done in say pools of 3, by all means $10 for singles. But if it's brackets only (which will go by quick, so the time factor kinda drops) I would say $5. In any case NNR takes the money home, right? lol.

D

Deleted member

I vote for $10 singles with pools so everyone can get quality matches with the best players

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I vote for $10 singles with pools so everyone can get quality matches with the best players
aww jaek, i'll be more than happy to honor you with a match. i'll play my best no worries. you can learn from the pro XD <3.

Alright, $10 for pools + singles. Heads up guys, I will assign poolmasta positions just so that things don't get out of hand. And so that things wrap up quicker.

Also, just finished talking to Matt on the phone. He's requesting a $1 fee which will cover drinks. Pretty much like David's deal, but probably 3ish drinks per person. Not as great of a value compared to David.

Aswell, there is a Little Caesars probably 5 minutes away (REAL 5 MINUTES, Not Adnan 5 minutes) and they a deal for a medium pizza with pepperoni (last time I went there, they made plain cheese mediums too) for $5.50 pre-made and shizzz. Other than that there isn't anything else nearby, lol.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
^ I call dibs on some lunchables!

But yeah, that pizza place is actually pretty pro. Served my munchies well that one time.

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
What's with all this lame lower prices stuff. Let's make singles 15$ if we're only doing singles. I know you guys think "Oh well NNR is just gonna win it all", well yes, that's likely, think of it like this though, when Jake, myself, Bernard, Nate, Daniel, and Ryan were getting good we had to pay full admission for tournaments. If we ever said anything about dropping the price of admission we'd be laughed at. We've probably all lost more money than we've made at this game (myself and Jake especially. thanks Montreal). I'm really not trying to be a **** here, but it's a pretty far trip and I might be blowing off my cottage for this. Everyone's gotta go through the losing money because of admission till they're good thing, so is it really fair to do this to those of us who have paid much more in the long run to get good at the game?

Anyway, if you guys are really completely opposed to this then fine. If it's about saving money before the big tournament, so be it, but I can't see any reason to drop the prices any other bi-weekly.

D

Deleted member

I would agree to a certain extent. It's probably not a good idea to raise it to $15 for a biweekly, $10 seems about perfect...

but yeah, the Montreal community doesn't seem to complain that Vwins is just gonna take their money...I don't know why various Torontonians whine about it really

Like I've said before, when Imadh wins his first biweekly, he'll probably be pretty disappointed at the pot lol

unknown522

Some guy
yea $15 is too much, $5 is too little. $10 is just right. It's all about the middle point. I've never won a pot in singles before (cuz when I come in 3rd the pot becomes split between 2nd and first), but still, When I do I wanna make up for how much I've lost. (sry If I sound greedy)

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
kayy. there might be a problem with the basement. Eric, I might have to give you a heads up if this thing gets relocated to your place, is that cool?

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
thank you adnan

I'll probably bring Pointman rob, ken, gk, adrian.. I dunno we haven't planned for this yet

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Most like Me, Jake, Noah and Daniel will all be meeting up at coxwell, for what exact time? I dont know yet... I'm assuming Jake will set something.

Wow though, thats like...... 3 NNR teams right there....... DANGEROUS!

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
lol.

I'm most likely guna meet you guys @ coxwell. Jake isn't answering me on msn, as usual.

it starts at 12:30 right? Say 11 we be there and bounce?

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah CoS isn't gonna make it this week after all. Other plans combined with cheap-ness combined with laziness = sorry maybe next time?

Top Bottom