• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashtoberfest II (feat. ActiveGamers) * October 24, 2009

HugS™

Smash Lord
results?

dude mojo is just a lil kid, did you see him at active gamer? he lost to someone and he cried and stuff. it's not a big deal when you lose. just because you are on the pr doesnt mean you are all that.

"mojo cries twice a day, one in winners bracket, one in losers bracket" - Mang0
LoL you ***. You do not take my quote and put someone else's name on it.

joeplicate

Smash Master
to the people who took out a set up for Melee and replaced it with Guilty Gear: Stop going to tournaments please.
This was fun and interesting. My one complaint is that there were (as with every single tournament in history) not enough chairs, especially for melee, we only had 2 chairs and a carpet. its very frustrating to play without a chair because your legs get sore and numb. the costumes were weird yet funny and entertaining. I had a good time :)
coulda known

falconpwnch

Smash Rookie
i'm pretty sure i got 8th :(

HugS we never finished our friendly.

Just because we play melee doesn't mean we don't appreciate some chairs.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I'll leave some shoutouts too.

Connor - Why didn't you go Peach?! Huh? HUH?! lol

Our set was pretty sloppy and funny at the same time. I'm not gonna lie, my turnip to stichface "combo" on our third round was pretty **** lol. But the ending of our set was a CLASSIC Kouryuu vs Connor ending LOL. I hate playing you or Ryan in bracket (even though I haven't played Ryan in bracket for the longest time).

Next time when we play more friendlies, please use Fox more. I've practically gone blind on how that match up should be played.

P - Playing your Fox in our MM really helped me warm up to that match up. And your advice really helped me realize what I was doing wrong. You're definitely my favorite person to play against in Socal (especially your Sheik OMG so much mindgames). Your advice also *****. Thanks for all the friendlies.

And just my two cents: I really think you should keep maining Sheik. Your Sheik is amazing. As far as the whole boredom factor goes, just use Fox or Marth (characters you're more than adequate with) as a secondary (or for fun) just to keep things fresh. I'm still convinced that your Sheik is the best Sheik in Socal when you actually do give a **** and it's a shame to not keep playing her when you've come so far. Just my opinion.

Fly - Why are you so good? You read both my floats and my shields like a *****. I feel like every time I play your IC's, I find myself running away. I never bothered to learn how to play against IC's as much as I should have because I really underestimated that match up. But now, since you have a perfect record against me, I'm really gonna hit up the vids. Maybe I should take a note from MacD's book and Downsmash? :confused:

Zhu - Thanks for the suggestions/advice on how to get better. Or at least thanks for telling me how you got good. I really helps me understand the game more when I hear these things from good players. Nice seeing/talking to you as always.

Hugo - Nice seeing/talking to you too. And yeah, beanies do ****. Too bad yours will never be as cool as mine. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sherigami - Keep it up.

Everyone else - nice seeing you guys.

I'm gonna do what I can to bring my A game to Pats house. Relearn my game, and the match ups I have trouble with. I think Pats house will really determine where I should go with competitive Smash. Whether to keep playing, or to drop it and keep getting better in Street Fighter. I find that when I concentrate on one game, my skill in the other game deteriorates.

I really need to make a decision.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I'll leave shoutouts I guess.

Zhu: Good **** winning (as expected LOL). Our set was really good despite you "playing like ****." Really clutch shine spike at the end. It warms my heart that you apologize for shine spiking me haha <3

HugS: Really good set. I've never played anyone that has made me think "wow I can't do anything..." You're really good at covering my options. I think playing you has helped me immensely so thanks! I'll be sure to pull more stitchfaces for you next time ;)

P: Good stuff in doubles. Your Fox really impressed me. It looks like you really did overcome your wall. Your Sheik is the gayest thing ever. Next time we team, we're not gonna **** each other haha.

Kouryuu: I think you're really just overthinking the Peach IC's match up. It should be simple. Fairs (they can't shield grab because they slide too far), nair -> dsmash (this tends to shield poke Nana if not both.) and always go for Nana first then killing off Popo. A recovering Solo Popo should never be making it back to the stage scratch free. Your Peach is really scary in dittos and our tournament set was pretty ********. I was extremely worried after I lost the first stock on Kongo haha. I'll play you a lot more but you have to do your part and actually BE at the tournaments!

Fly Amazing-nita: Your ICs are still beast as ever. Your Marth was surprisingly good! I'm pretty worried because I know you're going to study and work on the match up. I expect you to go ICs all the way (or **** me with Marth).

Maple: Good job in teams. I really had fun talking and hanging out at Carl's haha.

JDM: Your Fox was surprisingly technical when we played in teams. I don't think I've ever played you in friendlies haha. Keep it up and rock that blue Fox.

Sherigami: I thought it was really cute that you were teaching the little kids and telling them not to play Brawl haha.

The random annoying noobs that took forever to choose a counterpick stage against me and P: You came to a Melee tournament to replace a tv and put on Guilty Gear? Seriously? Your justification was that the people you were supposed to play weren't there. That's ********. If the person you're playing against isn't there, go talk to the person running brackets. Better yet, call their name out. If you want to play Guilty Gear, stay home. This was a MELEE tournament, not a Guilty Gear one. It's just rude that you decided to put on Guilty Gear for yourselves, not to mention selfish. Don't go to Melee tournaments anymore please.

Mojoe: Learn to respect others. I hope you didn't cry twice again.

Sniper: I'm glad you came you cheap jew. You should go to more tournaments.

Race: Good tournament. My only complaints are that there were no chairs whatsoever and that it was really hot. I'm sure your next tournament will be even better!

Myself: Think more, stupid.

DJMirror

Smash Master
The random annoying noobs that took forever to choose a counterpick stage against me and P: You came to a Melee tournament to replace a tv and put on Guilty Gear? Seriously? Your justification was that the people you were supposed to play weren't there. That's ********. If the person you're playing against isn't there, go talk to the person running brackets. Better yet, call their name out. If you want to play Guilty Gear, stay home. This was a MELEE tournament, not a Guilty Gear one. It's just rude that you decided to put on Guilty Gear for yourselves, not to mention selfish. Don't go to Melee tournaments anymore please.
this problem can be solve easily by
playing guilty gear on the psp
or just stay home

JDM

Smash Champion
Best part of the tournament:

Brawl player comes into the melee room: Hey Bardul are you entering brawl?
Bardul: Nope.

And Dopple + Natsu getting shine spiked like 7 times by a nooby *** fox in one teams match.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I didn't get to see all of grand finals, but was every round on Battlefield? I can totally see Hugo and Zhu not going to any other stages.

Fly - Why are you so good? You read both my floats and my shields like a *****. I feel like every time I play your IC's, I find myself running away. I never bothered to learn how to play against IC's as much as I should have because I really underestimated that match up. But now, since you have a perfect record against me, I'm really gonna hit up the vids. Maybe I should take a note from MacD's book and Downsmash? :confused:
Dsmash does work on me, even though ICs should be able to punish it pretty well. I think your biggest problem is just that you don't know how to space yourself properly against ICs. For example, I'm often able to face away from you and wavedash -> full-hop bair you, whereas against some other Peaches, they're usually a tad bit too far away for that too work. I think you do everything aside from positioning pretty well, though. Oh yeah, keep in mind that Peach really doesn't have to rely on her shield that much against ICs.

Fly Amazing-nita: Your ICs are still beast as ever. Your Marth was surprisingly good! I'm pretty worried because I know you're going to study and work on the match up. I expect you to go ICs all the way (or **** me with Marth).
You read me really well throughout the set. I don't think I'll try Marth again since I can't kill my stupid ICs habits with him, lol. Congrats on top 3!

Other shoutouts:

Hugo: I am never playing you without the USSR tag again.
Zhu: Your Falco is cool. I like your use of the shield.
Adam: I'm lucky to have recently gotten the hang of RC.
Maple: We made our doubles entrance fee back, which is good enough for me. I really like your Sheik.
Sherigami: I think you'll be pretty good against ICs once you start spacing fairs better and stop doing random laggy moves.
Race: I'll contact you in advance about my Gamecube next time so you'll remember to bring it.

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
yeah, but only at melee/brawl combo tournaments

I also never entered the brawl room(except for the time when I got food. It was a necessary evil).

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
What happened with Mojoe anyway?

Dsmash does work on me, even though ICs should be able to punish it pretty well. I think your biggest problem is just that you don't know how to space yourself properly against ICs. For example, I'm often able to face away from you and wavedash -> full-hop bair you, whereas against some other Peaches, they're usually a tad bit too far away for that too work. I think you do everything aside from positioning pretty well, though. Oh yeah, keep in mind that Peach really doesn't have to rely on her shield that much against ICs.
Thanks for letting me know what I was doing wrong, Fly. Much appreciated.

DJMirror

Smash Master
hey Kouryuu

help me in the peach match up! i'll mm you to make it worth your time!

Adam M!

Smash Lord
LMAO @ shoutouts

connor is growing up into a funny *** person

thank you guys for the compliments on my fox. i really think my fox IS my best character now. it's really come a long way, and the crazy thing is i still have so much more stuff to implement and get better at. i think i'm definitely a fox main now

and kouryuu, the sad thing is i know you're right, and that my sheik is secretly my best character. but oddly enough, because i've played sheik for so long and since she requires so little tech skill, she actually gets BETTER when i don't play her for long periods of time. also, whenever my sheik gets better, it's because i'm playing sherigami a lot. i swear that guy teaches me more stuff about sheik than any pro LOL

edit: hey rudy, sheridan told me you're trying to get better. well, I'LL BE THE JUDGE OF THAT. come over sometime or go to sheridan's house the next time i play him (which is pretty often)

brownsheep

Smash Journeyman
if i didnt introduce myself, sorry. im shy.

Hugo - thanks for the advice (im the random doc you played with just for the sake of helping). not a lot of top players take the time to help newbies. again, thanks a lot.

Zhu - you sandbag sooooooo hard in friendlies. i dont even know what to do against a falco that literally just stands there.

P - thanks for the compliments man i'm definitely down to play u. ur smart as hell i can learn a lot

the ness player - big ups for using ness. play more and get that muscle memory back

i watched P and futiles's set. futile ****ing ***** in brawl when he played, won at SF4. . .i really hope he takes melee seriously. hes soooo smart. and as

maple - you're really good. my butt still hurts from the **** session.

Race - thanks for having us all over and taking running it seriously. hopefully i'll be able to enter next time

Adam M!

Smash Lord
i'm not gonna say anything yet, cuz he's yet to reach super saiyan form

but trust, in the next month or so (YUP, the time table has moved up), i'ma make sure the world knows about the best sheik in socal

joeplicate

Smash Master
i like it

p ur like the old boxer in the movies
sherigami is your up and coming student
you say "kid, you'll never make it, just like me"
you still pick up the gloves every once and a while but ur old and fat

meanwhile you transfer some of your former enthusiasm to your rapidly improving pupil
soon he will be a contender

Adam M!

Smash Lord
i like it

p ur like the old boxer in the movies
sherigami is your up and coming student
you say "kid, you'll never make it, just like me"
you still pick up the gloves every once and a while but ur old and fat

meanwhile you transfer some of your former enthusiasm to your rapidly improving pupil
soon he will be a contender
you're right for the most part, except

1. i have made it
2. i'm still better than most people, including you
3. and i'm still getting better

i'm in a transitional period where i still am not motivated enough to give it my all, no matter how hard i try to work around that

but it's a lot more satisfying when you do something for someone other than yourself

i chalk it up to the reason that queenDVS started going falcon in tournament

you just get bored and need to find new ways to challenge yourself. training other people is definitely a worthwhile challenge

Top Bottom