• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashtoberfest II (feat. ActiveGamers) * October 24, 2009

Race

Smash Lord

Race's Tourney IX: Smashtoberfest II
By: Akagi (Race)

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7358

-Please come in costume if you can!

-I will be hosting a Costume Contest, there will be 3 judges (Including me) and we will pick 2 winners. The winners will have their singles entry totally on me and a free Race Combo. Come with your best costume and see if you have what it takes to win!

-Melee gets the inside of the house (if we can get enough people to go, while brawl is in the garage. So you guys wont be cramped. But in order for me to get the inside enough people have to show up.)

Date: Saturday October 24th

Categories: Brawl/Melee Singles and Teams

Where: 17218 S. Grayland Ave. Cerritos, Ca

Time: :11:00am-11pm (Venue Opens for casuals 10:00 am)

Teams : Start: 11:30am (Sign-ups start 10:00am)

We start Melee and brawl at the same time.

Singles: As teams are winding down

Casuals: Bring your Melee or SF4, or whatever. There will be Casual dedicated Sets. Please use them and NOT Tourney TVs for casuals. We need to run the tourney as fast as we can!

Singles: As teams are winding down

SF4: 6pm

Casuals: Bring your Melee or SF4, or whatever. There will be Casual dedicated Sets. Please use them and NOT Tourney TVs for casuals. We need to run the tourney as fast as we can!

Fee: $5 Singles/SF4, $10 per Team

Venue Fee: $5 (Smash) $2 SF4. Melee and brawl are the same fee, you dont have to pay twice, and in case you are wondering about the Venue fee please read this

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=40003

-SF4 will be held in a separate room later in the evening so the issue of space will be addressed accordingly. There will do ample space in this tourney!

Prize:
Singles SF4:
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 30% pot
-3rd 10% pot

Teams:
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 30% pot
-3rd 10% pot

Afterward we'll go to an Ihop or Norms or Dennys (Something open late and we can all chill at, any suggestions?)

Rule set

SF4:

Standard Match set
-Double elim
-2-3 match sets
-Finals best out of 5

Brawl:

Singles:
-3 Stock 8:00 Time Limit with NO Items.
-Random will be chosen first (They are the neutrals described).
-Games are best out of 3 matches with Finals being best out of 5
-Standard double elimination

Teams:
-3 stock 7:00 with NO Items.
-Random will be chosen first (They are the neutrals described).
-Games best out of 3 with finals being best out of 5
-Double Elimination

Stages:
Final Destination
Battle Field
Smashville

Counterpicks:
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Corneria (Dubs)
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Ranbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Luigi's Mansion (Dubs)
Brinstar
Yoshi's Island

Melee:

Stock: 4
Time: 8 mins
Sets: Best of 3
Items: OFF
Life stealing is allowed in teams

* Finals in both the Primary and the Elimination Brackets will be "Best of Five" games. Grand Finals will be "Best of Five", with the player coming from Elimination Bracket needing to win two Sets to take first place.
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose a stage they have won on earlier in the set.
* In case of time-out, the winner is the player with the most stock. In case of tied stock, the winner is determined by lowest damage percent. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will decide the winner on the last played stage.
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned.
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall and Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned.
* Wobbling is banned
* Neutrals may be banned.

Set Procedure - Follow these instructions for each match you play:

- Round 1 -
(1) Controller slots are agreed upon (randomly if need be).
(2) Character selection is done "Double Blind". Any player may instead choose a character before the opponent and skip Double Blind.
(3) Stage Select is determined by Elimination Method (see 'Stage Select - First Round', below).

- Round 2 -
(1) Winner of the Previous match bans a stage from the list of stages. Loser of the previous round announces the stage to be played - you may not choose a stage on which you have already won.
(2) Winner of the previous round selects character.
(3) Loser of the previous round selects character.
(4) Stage is highlighted by the previous round's loser, and started by the previous round's winner.

Repeat 1-4 for each additional round played.

Stage Select - First Round

Players alternate choosing a stage to "eliminate" from the list of available stages, starting with the player with the controller slot closest to #1. The last stage remaining is used for the first round of the set.

--- Neutral Stages ---
* Final Destination
* Dreamland 64
* Battlefield
* Yoshi Story
* Pokemon Stadium
* Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)
* Kongo Jungle (Singles only)

--- Counterpick Stages ---
* All neutral stages
* Kongo Jungle
* Rainbow Cruise
* Corneria
* Brinstar
* Pokefloats
* Mute City (Singles only)

--- Banned Stages ---
* Hyrule Temple
* Flat Zone
* Yoshi's Island
* Brinstar Depths
* Four Side
* Big Blue
* Yoshi's Island 64
* Mushroom Kingdom I
* Great Bay
* Green Greens
* Mute City (Doubles)
* Fountain of Dreams (Doubles)

INFO

-Gear wise we have TV's ready with wii's. But if people could bring in extra wii's/TVs that would be awesome (Another problem I don't have to worry about) So if you can bring some let me know. You get venue off for bringing a full set-up

-Please bring your controllers (Use wavebirds at your own risk) and MARK THEM

-If we can get extra TV's and wii we can hold casuals on that tv. Some friendlies would be cool. We're having TVs JUST for casuals so please use those for play and NOT Tourney T.Vs please.

-All seeded players will be accounted for.

-If you bring stuff (TVs,Wiis, Laptops, ect.) They are YOUR responsibility! I will not be held responsible for you leaving your stuff at the tourney. I have 50+ ppl yelling in my ear for 7 hours straight. I wont be able to keep track of your stuff. So if you lose something in the end too bad it's YOUR problem. I also wont be wasting time and money sending things to ppl who leave their stuff

-If you're gonna be late call me and i'll add you to the slots, and see if I can hold you off till you arrive. Please arrive ON TIME.

-As with last time i'll have food and drinks for everyone to enjoy. I'll be selling food there. (BBQ, EggRolls, more soda ect.) yes I will be selling Race Combos

-Please keep in mind, this is done for you guys and to please respect the venue. Try not to mess up or take anything there. Please don't come drunk or high. If someone gets too rowdy or violent I WILL KICK YOU OUT

Call me if you guys have any questions:
(562) 277-2727

Race

Smash Lord
I dunno, I'll think up of something, lol.

you better come to this along with 805 brendan. . . or i'll be sad

Race

Smash Lord
*Bump

Thi is gonna be a legit melee tourney also guys, and I want the melee section to be just as big or bigger then last years. Also this year no more cramped room for melee, you are actually getting the most spacious part of the venue, just for you guys

get hype

Race

Smash Lord
thanks.

also we're gonna have live stream equipment, gonna live stream both brawl and melee's big events/match-ups

HugS™

Smash Lord
I'll be coming to this tournament. I'll be forcing mango and lucky to go since they live close as hell. I'll probably take romeo too.

If melee flakes, then I'll have to play brawl on that day.

Either way, i'll be there.

Race

Smash Lord
Thanks hugo, i'll try my best to hold it up to what im hyping this tourney to be

DJMirror

Smash Master
I'll be coming to this tournament. I'll be forcing mango and lucky to go since they live close as hell. I'll probably take romeo too.

If melee flakes, then I'll have to play brawl on that day.

Either way, i'll be there.
MM me old man

so about $3?

i'll make it worth for your time by
whooping my @$$ all day

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I plan on going for Melee.

I doubt that I'll wear a costume, though. Maybe I'll wear my hair in a ponytail or something.

brownsheep

Smash Journeyman
this is on the 31st right? i only ask because AiB has this on the 24th.

this is like 1 minute away from my house. im happy.

ill try to bring a set up.

Race

Smash Lord
Im gonna have 5 Melee set-ups AT LEAST, so this will be a legit melee tourney.

especially with ActiveGamers Sponsoring this tourney now

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
Its garanteed that i can go now ^_^ Ill probably bring melee or brawl depending on what you need more of. uhh Race..Im at school atm so ill let you know when i get home later today

Race

Smash Lord
-SF4 will be held in a separate room later in the evening so the issue of space will be addressed accordingly. There will do ample space in this tourney!

Top Bottom