• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashtality IV Results!

takieddine

Smash Master
I'm saying just like you cant john about playing like bowzer and placing mediocre and accounting for bowzer as the cause.

You cant blame shiek for being good at the game either.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Wow I get home only to have to read 2 pages of brawl BS. The game is freaking terrible just don't play it god.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Eggm just shut up god. All you do is complain about brawl being bad and thats just because brawl is bigger than melee GET OVER IT MR. RACECAR DRIVER.......lol

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
love the tourny love the people there

sorry i ****ed up pools in melee and brawl >_>

i got gayed in melee lol

but had fun a lot of fun

if some1 knows about m2k wii they should give it back stealing low >_>

Eggm

Smash Hero
You honestly wouldn't get that offended if brawl wasn't so terrible. I'm not mad about brawl being bigger. I could care less about inui you dm brandon and the other people who went to brawl, or the mass amounts of scrubs. The people I really care about and like to hang with still play melee. I've also been to the same amount of Melee tournaments as before if not more. I've been to 2 majors already and countless weeklies and what not.

I just hate having to read about useless tornado drama in my awesome melee tournament results thread. The game is terrible and everyone knows it. People play it either to win money or cause they can do well while high, or don't know any better ( the mass amounts of scrubs). Thats it. Very few people actually enjoy it. The game is utter trash. There are a few cool people who truly enjoy it like pride and d1 ... and.. I'll think of more later. Those people are the only ones I wish were in the melee scene and even d1 is coming back.

On a closing, your extremely annoying in real life so is inui and dm brandon, i'm glad brawl has made me see all of you less. So brawl's helped me in that respect at least.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
Eggm just shut up god. All you do is complain about brawl being bad and thats just because brawl is bigger than melee GET OVER IT MR. RACECAR DRIVER.......lol
its so funny the people that care about brawl so much suck @ it

and the people that r really good @ it hate it (m2k me many more )

there r a few people that were good in melee that like brawl

but brawl suck its a bad game i play it just 4 money

and if u cant win money u should just stop so people can just go back to the good game (melee)

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
yeah i know i was being annoying but cactuar and m2k helped me with that and it was inuis falut.....i love melee more then brawl but brawl isnt that bad. you hate it so much because your a technical melee player. I dont hate you or anyone besides dmbrandon, but everytime someone picks on me i get closer and closer to quitting smash. i just want to be able to talk to people without them hating me

Big_R

Smash Champion
wow what is this emogamer stuff form this guy^?

how could this happen to meee? i made my mistakes. got nowhere to run the night goes on as im fading away im sick of this life i just wanna scream! how could this happen to me

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
well they would not hate u if u did not do something or say something to them would they??

think about it >_>

LMAO @ u saying i hate brawl cause im a technical melee player

i hate brawl cause its a bad game period everything about it makes me mad

i hope every1 see this someday and goes back to melee

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea eggm, your amazing, and one of my fav smashers, but seriously, all you do is complain about the game. saying that theres brawl bs in here (as u said results for a melee tourney) is stupid, it was a melee and brawl tourney, and we were discussing something that happened in this very tournament.

brawl is not trash, which is my opinion on it. Your opinion is different, and i respect that. You doing the same for us would be a welcome change. i admit there are many problems with it, but i still enjoy it a lot. however, i also enjoy melee a lot, so i continue to play both games competitively and practice both.

its months after the game came out, and i still cant discuss with other tri state players often without hearing about how "terrible" brawl is. get over it, and let those who enjoy it keep with what they do and mind your business. i dont need to listen to people say how bad it is, or how people only play it for money, or people who barely play it can instantly be good compared to those who practice it. a lot of this is true, but to hear it constantly is rude and annoying.

Eggm

Smash Hero
You can be a mindgamey player like DJ Nintendo or Treble and hate brawl just as much as me. I fail to see your point, I hate it simply cause its boring as hell. I don't find it rewarding to win in that game. Its whoever is more patient and gay for longer. I'm 100% sure of this when I beat inui by ledge camping for 80% whose ranked like 4th in my state, after not playing the game for like 4 months and not even playing as and against every character or on every stage yet. I don't even know how to navigate the menu well enough to turn rumble off or switch my controls. The game is a deep as a puddle and is boring and slow. It has nothing to do with me being techincal, its just terrible.

Edit Chibo. I rarely trash brawl, maybe once every like 2 weeks when I read stuff that REALLY depresses me and makes me remember how horrible it is. Theres no need to right an essay about me needing to take an easy on it. Your never gonna change my mind on it and I'm never gonna stop hating it to the point where every week or 3 weeks or whatever I'm going to openly express my hate for it on a public forum.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im sorry chibo but i just hate how people have to win in it its so dumb
I understand that, but I just don't see why people have to complain about it constantly where everyone has to hear it. If you don't like it, keep playing Melee, don't play Brawl, and don't voice your opinion so danm much. (Not directed towards you Jman, I mean just in general)

Eggm

Smash Hero
Chibo I do the first 2 things you said. But the third thing, I honestly cannot help myself every now and then. If its not that bad a game I probably won't. I tried SC 4 and don't particularly like it, but its not so bad that I have to go into the NYC threads and bash it. But brawl is.. on another level. Sorry, its like .. too hard not to bash it every now and then. Just ignore my posts when I do it occasionally. Its not like every day. Or even every week so it shouldn't' be hard.

Eggm

Smash Hero
m2k its a joke lol. I will never play brawl silly. :p Your an exception m2k. You can find anything fun.. cause your a freak. Lol. For example.. killing yourself the fastest on target tests lol.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Even if you do, you could atleast say you can't stand it without saying things like the game is terrible and everyone knows it.

And if you hate it that much, why do you enter tournies for it on occasion lol.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I believe I've only entered ever at tournaments that were both games. And out of boredom cause brawl takes so long and theres not many melee setups usually during brawl. Both times I entered teams was cause the other person had no one to team with reno/jman. And singles was just to pass time till melee. Also watching inui bounce in his chair really high and scream "Theres NOTHING I CAN DO WTFFFFF" In frustration was priceless. I could do it in a nicer way, but it wouldn't express my true feelings so whats the point in beating around the bush to look nice? I'd rather be straight up. Btw, its a VERY rare occasion. LOL.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
There are a few cool people who truly enjoy it like pride and d1 ... and.. I'll think of more later. Those people are the only ones I wish were in the melee scene and even d1 is coming back.

Awww <3 Eggm!!

Cia

das kwl
D1 is coming back to melee?? while i don't believe it, i would practice with him for hours and hours if it would get him back into the game competitively.

xzax - u can't take other people's opinion and / or criticism too seriously. especially not enough to make you want to quit the game. in my opinion, the smash community is THE nicest/friendliest community. (there are exceptions like ****ty *** D.A.) so if people say things that annoy you. either put them on your ignore list. if it's constructive, than try and take it as advice so u can change for the better. no one hates u, or even dislikes you for that matter.

about 98% of the community does not like inui, and a tournament was named in honor of bashing him. (that's pretty huge) but that hasn't stopped him from quitting. gotta give em credit.

chibo - i can understand what eggm says when he needs to rag on brawl every now than. it pisses me off everytime when i think of how much brawl ruined a good thing. it cut the melee community in half, and taken away most of our venues to support the much less deserving brawl community. it's a frustration that sometimes u just can't hide.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

ummm aside from that.. lets all give brett favre a round of applause for trying to prove that he's not too old for football.

GOTM

Smash Champion
brett favre blows. he should have retired a while ago. his coaches created a new playbook to let him break records and give him high numbers, but he will never win anything ever again.

LOL. i love football

Kadiev

Smash Ace
haha this is hilarious I have to post now. SSB was a unique game I never got bored of melee ever. Just to let everyone know this isn't just about MK to me its every move in this game IC's insane grabs, dedede infinites etc... that make this game terrible and people like you morons support it.

Chibo - about my flaw? hahah every meta knight that does tornado I can hit out with Laser or shine, which in then they go into a drill because they are smashing their b button (then I get a free hit). Its not about me beating him or losing. Its the fact that people like that will make tons of people think this game is boring (which it is) and not worth any effort to play only to keep running into people like that. I don't want a 7 minute match to equal what 21 minutes a set because I have to run constantly and do that. Also about me going dedede against you it was seeding pools and you were desperate to win so hard I didn't want to try (for a seeding pools LOLOL joke) so I went with the easiest character. you are a idiot plain and simple. I heard so much **** talk about you through out the tourney and I see why.

I played atomsk and he beat me, I still had such an urge to play the game even when I lost. I had tons of fun playing his amazing Dedede. I said GG to him and shook his hand, and why did I do that, because it WAS. But you know spamming one move is a gg too i guess.

Pride - Ive played CS for 5 years, UT2k4 for 3 years, Wc3 for 2 years, Soul Calibur for god knows how long every tournament I have been to I do go up shake their hands and say good game no matter what. I know what sportsmanship is (when it is a good game and not just spamming the same thing over and over) you should learn.

atmosk - good **** with your dedede was very fun playing it.

cactuar - sorry I didn't say bye, ill give you some make up sex later

m2k - I learned so much from your meta knight with playing u for 5 hours I know what to do its not that though.

inui - was very nice to meet you, didn't seem at all annoying or nothing I hated about you in person. Plus it was fun playing you in useless pools.

I can easily see this community falling apart from this game, with the idiots in the SBR making the stage suggestions and people playing to their gayest potential of making some characters not even tournament viable.

PS - this reminds me of CS 1.6 and CS Source. How once source came out everyone switch over because it was the "new game" just like brawl. Did anyone like it? No, what happened in the following years everyone started to convert back to 1.6 and source started to die a little now they are both even but more people prefer 1.6 because it is better all around and takes more skill. Just like melee takes more skill than brawl.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
i'm glad people have fun playing me XD

I played atomsk and he beat me, I still had such an urge to play the game even when I lost. I had tons of fun playing his amazing Dedede. I said GG to him and shook his hand, and why did I do that, because it WAS.
this made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside XD

D20

Smash Lord
Brawl isn't a bad game. It just sucks that it killed the competitive Melee community (almost). Sorry I couldn't make it to this tournament. I'll see you guys at the next big east coast event.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
brawl is a pretty bad game but i'll play it cuz its fun to a point... i just think its a shame how i could just pick up snake and win matches wen i dont even practice with the character. its just like i can do whatever and win just because the character is good and its just easy if ur smart

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
haha this is hilarious I have to post now. SSB was a unique game I never got bored of melee ever. Just to let everyone know this isn't just about MK to me its every move in this game IC's insane grabs, dedede infinites etc... that make this game terrible and people like you morons support it.
The IC's chaingrab is just gay, simply put, gaaaaayyyyy, the **** should be banned.

DDD's infinite can't kill and walk-offs are usually banned so this is a minor problem unless you don't have enough DDD experience.

MK is a minor problem unless you don't have experience against it. Just don't expect to go into it like Melee thinking you can go Luigi and 3 stock a Metaknight player.

Alot of the people that call Brawl really ****ty have never played the game competitively enough to know how to deal with gay **** so their words go in one ear and out the other.

I'm gonna relate what I'm hearing from you Kadiev to what I heard a Melee player get angry about in Melee:

"This Falco player keeps spamming the d-throw against my Fox over and over till I get to a high percent and kill me!! It's sooo gay, It's annoying to try to get out of it so I just sit there and get chaingrabbed. I give him no respect!!"

Hmmmm.......... well, the player knew a way to get out of the grab but choose not to cause it was "annoying". Obviously this player is so inexperienced he doesn't know how to get out of it properly and isn't used to this type of spam.

I went Fox vs this same Falco player and 3 stocked him cause I went through this **** before and learned how to get out of it in a simple way cause I was used to it.

It's really not that annoying Kadiev. I have also played Xzax in a set and beaten him. I've had much more of a problem to the point of throwing my controller fighting Spam in Melee multiple, multiple times. Links getting infinite shined off of FD to death was never too amusing but I still had some sort of fun.

I don't care what anybody does in a match, if the losing opponent walks away without a handshake on purpose than that's extremely poor sportsmanship. Seriously.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Good **** mediating, Keitaro.

Dude, are you ****ing pumped for Miyata versus Randy Boy or what?

R3N0

Smash Lord
****IT THIS THREAD SUCKS NOW

STOP TALKING ABOUT BRAWL VS MELEE

****it man this is so ********.
i hate it

this awesome shoutout thread went to CRAP.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
This makes me feel sad. :(

Remember Smashtality IV's motto? In the end, we're all smashers, baby. Let's give a little love to everyone here.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
This makes me feel sad. :(

Remember Smashtality IV's motto? In the end, we're all smashers, baby. Let's give a little love to everyone here.
Truf.

Also, who's laptop was recording on the TV in the back and was it recording during pools? I had a decent combo on Cactuar during pools that I would like. I also want to watch Cactuar stomping Xzax from 0-death off the top.

Top Bottom