• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashtality IV Results!

Scar

#HarveyDent
[by the way, you might want to tell some of the people in the PA area to stop slobbering all over your ****, it was getting kind of gross at the tournament. you are awesome, but there's a pretty fine line between respect and homosexuality.]
lol I really have no idea what you're talking about but if they are it's not their fault... they get to witness first hand what the hundreds upon hundreds of others will only ever see on YouTube.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Yeah. The world needs more Luigis.

Wait now that I think aboot it..... The mopre people play Luigi the less impressive I will look. Everybody stick with you Marth Fox Sheik Falcos.

Kadiev

Smash Ace
I tried first round but after noticed you were just going to spam it I didn't want to run 80% of the match. Its no fun to me as this game is already simple and boring enough. Well hopefully that SBR discussion about banning MK takes effect. Then ill play brawl again.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
yeah idc really i won the first match then i just wanted to get the set over but you beat me the 2nd game then the 3rd game i play EXTREMELY gay

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Learn to get around the tornados people. If it's too boring to do it then don't complain when you lose saying you got bored. Wow.

I get headaches playing Brawl litterally at least 2 to 3 times a week just cause I need to practice. The headaches I get in tournament are even worse.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea i mean, seriously, if u dont like it, then dont play and dont john

the fact that you refused to shake the hand of a 13 year old and just walked out and got into your car without saying a word is just poor sportsmanship.

metaknight wont be banned, it cant happen. hes not THAT broken. you have options.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
This is Cactuar

A lot of the reason I don't feel that Kadiev was out of line is because if you, as a player, are going to be a ***got and spam one thing over and over, it was not a good game. You were being a ****. It is disrespectful to do **** like that. Kadiev is one of the nicer people in the community that I have talked to, and to play the game in such a fashion is a sure way to lose those players. Brawl's community is already shrinking, good **** on making it lose another player. You seem to fail to realize that, the gayer you play and the more you get people to quit, you are going to get closer and closer to killing your tournament scene

I could beat the wide majority of players in melee just using Fox's up and forward smash. I don't play like that because I am not an *******. Think about it.

Honestly, I feel like you are all idiots and try to use the term "johns" to justify things that piss people off. Fuck off.

Cia

das kwl
i know what cactuar is talking about. i love gimping people. but definitely turn it down a bit so that people don't get the dumb notion that it's impossible for them to improve in melee..

but in brawl.. i run away, camp the ledge, and throw ****

What?

Smash Apprentice
You know what else is good?

Snake holding grenades against MK.

Listening to pre-adolescents say the Eff Word at the top of their lungs over and over and over again.

Hey, who was that other kid that was there Saturday? The Fox player with the pony tail that Cactus was calling his "protege?"

He was really fun to play against. Very talented.

Oh, Reno, Bad is Me! What? is Bad.

We had fun playing.

And...I don't know if Jim is on the Boards or not, but I wanted to give him some Melee advice.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
This is Cactuar

Brawl's community is already shrinking, good **** on making it lose another player. You seem to fail to realize that, the gayer you play and the more you get people to quit, you are going to get closer and closer to killing your tournament scene
Delusional? Just a bit. Brawl's scene is not getting smaller lol. Brawl has one small turnout compared to melee's and now the "scene" is dying... And honestly, he was a moron for not blocking or running away. He is playing a game that requires "logical" thinking such as knowing when to attack, when to be patient, and when to camp. I myself fall for that same **** all the time but I understand when it is over that it was MY fault not the other players. Being a poor sport, especially when it comes to gaming, especially when you just got your *** handed to you by a thirteen year old, especially when its Brawl... is just.... " "ugh so many words to use so I will just leave a blank.

Vist

Smash Champion
Instead of noting the small turnout, you could have come :)
yeah i know :(

Yeah. The world needs more Luigis.

Wait now that I think aboot it..... The mopre people play Luigi the less impressive I will look. Everybody stick with you Marth Fox Sheik Falcos.
hahaha yea there's always a lack of luigis.

sadly, I've only been playing brawl so I'm all brawl luigi now :ohwell:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
qft pride

the tornado isnt unbeatable, its actually far from it. all you have to do is shield it, and if ur shield isnt big enough, just angle it and even a very small shield will block the whole thing.

so xzax found a weakness in kadiev and exploited it.... soooooo?
are you saying that in order to advance the tourney scene and keep it going we have to play to lose? fawk that, everyone does what they have to do to win. did i like it when kadiev counterpicked me in the first match disregarding the double blind (which there alone is a real jerk thing to do) with DDD and did nothing but chain grab me to edgeguard? well, besides the fact that i was pissed about the counterpick on first match, i wasn't angry at the way he played in the match. i was more angry at myself for not finding a way around all of it.

no matter how gay any match is, no matter how many matches of the set are ran till the end of the timer, as long as the opponent isnt being a **** trash talking me throughout it, i still give em a pound and say good game. even when i played inui lol.

but yea, to say that brawls scene is diminishing, you should take a good look at it. you cant base things off of this one tourney which was very poorly advertised to look at the scene as a whole. critical hit tournies are bringing in 100+ people now with people from the west coast and outside the country. thats simply something that won't happen again to melee, unless the community drastically changes.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
dude all you have to do against tornado is either block it and angle your shield up, or jump way above it

it's not that hard, just wait for it

i usually just block and angle my shield up. If i can't retaliate i realize most players will try another tornado, so i jump above that one and then dair them. It's not hard if you just think. Kadiev, if you come over I can just give you mass MK experience and tell you stuff to do, so you don't lose to overspammed things you don't have experience against.

edit - there is no real discussion in back room about banning metaknight. It's ALL chillin. I'd be happy if Falco was banned personally, and if MK gets banned I'm going to just learn/master Falco and use DDD a lot too. Also, how do you ban MK, wtf? Maybe for particular tourneys, but only some random ones will that ever happen, and they will be few and far between. Tourney hosts make the rules.

R3N0

Smash Lord

Snake holding grenades against MK.

Listening to pre-adolescents say the Eff Word at the top of their lungs over and over and over again.

Hey, who was that other kid that was there Saturday? The Fox player with the pony tail that Cactus was calling his "protege?"

He was really fun to play against. Very talented.

Oh, Reno, Bad is Me! What? is Bad.

We had fun playing.

And...I don't know if Jim is on the Boards or not, but I wanted to give him some Melee advice.
Oh yeah.. You're ganon! Sorry I didn't know your tag. :)

Yeah Jman is from NY =D hes beast =D

-----------------

A look into Tornado spam from both sides.. now first.. I mean hes like 13. give him a break. and two.. I mean.. tornado spam is pretty homo but i mean its ez to get around.. the game has been out for several months now and if you can't figure out a way to get around tornado spam then like.. yeah you should probably quit. Brawl is just really lame in general to be honest but tornado spam though really homo, just takes a tiny bit of thought to get around.

thats all.

tornado spammers are really lame.
people who cant get out of tornado spam are dumb.
Brawl losing another player to melee...
priceless.

BY THE WAY

Pakman.. I'm like.. 1/5 sheiks in NE. everyone else is marth fox falco..

Anth0ny

Smash Master
edit - there is no real discussion in back room about banning metaknight. It's ALL chillin. I'd be happy if Falco was banned personally, and if MK gets banned I'm going to just learn/master Falco and use DDD a lot too. Also, how do you ban MK, wtf? Maybe for particular tourneys, but only some random ones will that ever happen, and they will be few and far between. Tourney hosts make the rules.
I think as soon as one large tournament bans MK (which will probably never happen), every TO that doesn't main MK will ban MK in their tournament :laugh:

But seriously, it's not gonna happen people. Learn to counter that little ****. It takes practice and experience, but it could definately be done.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
taki are you serious? you play FOX

Fox is better than Marth

sheik is better than both fox and marth

i play all 3, I am arguably the best in the world with all 3 characters (if you disagree you are probably an old youtube scrub), I know how good each character is.

also, SOMEONE PLEASE FIND MY WII

at this tourney, towards the later half of the Melee day (saturday), somebody stole my Wii. there was a white memory card in it, and SSBM. I really need it back, BADLY. Check the wii data too, to see if it's mine, and even if you're SLIGHTLY unsure, please send me a PM about it or something. I'll give 300 dollars and thanks to anyone who can get me this back.

Top Bottom