• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'll be bringing a TV and swift will be bringing a TV, along with a corresponding setup for each of us

wesley might be bringing a setup too

Scar

#HarveyDent
np Actually registration is going to end at 1:00ish now. Since eggman and sensei are super late.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
results?

i got rapppped. gracias for the sand-baggers and the one's who didn't.
scar is too good. a freakin psychic when it comes to tech chasing, and where everyone is di-ing. m2k is ight considering he just started and all... :laugh: noo seriously dude was like a blur. i just wanted to light shield the few matches i got in with em. i didn't know what was gonna hit me but i knew i was getting hit.

tourney was pretty awesome thoo. dunno why pikachu did the best out of my pikachu, falcon, peach line up.:chuckle: scar how about that quick attack edge hog. lmaoo the only highlight of my 8 hrs there. btw pikachu jab gimp = too good.

scar its your unofficial task to un-noob me. hopefully i'll be getting more practices soon...
btw where the hell do i always di.. and where was i suppose to?? cause all i know is its bad but never figure out who what where when why.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yo, this tournament was so greatly ran, and the venue is so nice, I look forward to the next one.

Swift - Good teaming with you and friendlies and seeing you again, was fun.
Ryoko - ><
m2k - ><
Cactuar - Give scar more money for the venue fees.
Sensei - Didn't get to play you. :(
Scar - Get those sets up for me, great job running the tournament.

Done with shout outs. Man I am so mad my down smash hit m2k up or I woulda had that ****, *disclaimer* m2k messed up a lot and is way better than me.

GOTM

Smash Champion
sounds like it was well ran. i knew it was a great place when i swung by there on my way to scars place....

good **** scar, well done..

be at the next one to get *****..

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Sweet, Philly is on the map again in the smash community. Lets keep these tournies going.

Scar, Eggm and I recorded our matches on your computer. I would like to see those matches posted when you get a chance. I am working on that 2 hours i got from your place on thurs. I got like 5 matches against cactus face rendered but i need to post them on youtube or whatever.

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
I was feeling really sick. I feel really bad for ending my friendlies with chocobo's friend. Next time I'll teach him somethings about the game if chocobo or that other fella reads this.

-AxlT

Scar

#HarveyDent
I was feeling really sick. I feel really bad for ending my friendlies with chocobo's friend. Next time I'll teach him somethings about the game if chocobo or that other fella reads this.

-AxlT
Good of you to say so Triad and I was absolutely thrilled that you showed up despite your breaking plans/not feeling well. You are too good, sir.

Results on the first post!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Next tournament...
11/3? Conflicts with Rock Smash Tourney
11/17? Scar not available = Venue not available
11/24? Conflicting with Cheezits?
I've never heard of this Rock Smash Tourney and can't find it from searching... Where is it?

If your not around on the 17th, we still can't use the venue? What if we had another rep from Penn be the one technically renting it out. Ryoko goes to Penn right?

Scar

#HarveyDent
Smashpocalypse Results

What is on 11/10?
Isn't that Smashtaclysm?

Results:

Teams:
1: Lolmaster (Cactuar & M2K) ($86.40)
2: Green Team (WoZ & CopyCat) ($43.20)
3: Blue Lazer (Pakman & Scar) ($14.40)
4: Swift Emm (Swift & Eggm)
5: Team Lina (Dot & Will)
6: Chocobo Knight (Chocobo & Kupo)
7: The Teeny-Tiny TwinkleToes (El Komosutro & Alexander Triad)
8: Purple Cobras (Tetra & CC7)
9: Werewolf Barmitzvah (Pocky & Wesley)

Singles Pools:
1: Cactuar
1: Eggm
1: M2K
1: Sensei
5: CopyCat
5: Ryoko
5: WoZ
5: Scar
9: Will
9: Dot Eater
9: Alexander Triad
9: Swift
13: Pocky D
13: Pakman
13: Wesley
13: Jollies
17: El Komosutro
17: Chocobo

Singles Bracket:
1: M2K ($113.40)
2: Cactuar ($32.40)
3: Sensei ($16.20)
4: Ryoko
5: Pakman
5: Eggm
7: CopyCat
7: Scar
9: Alexander Triad
9: Wesley
9: WoZ
9: Dot Eater
13: El Komosutro
13: Swift
13: Will
13: Pocky D
17: Jollies
17: Chocobo

SSB64:
1: Sensei ($35.00)
2: Joe ($5.00)
3: Jerry
4: M2K
5: WoZ
5: Rubun
7: Chocobo
7: Travis

GOTM

Smash Champion
****. so when is the next one going to be?

17th scar wont be here so i mean we could look into getting some other place around here. i know there's a place in south jersey, like a gaming center that has held some before so me and chibo will look into seeing if thats a possibility.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea we definitely have to hold one either the 17th or 24th. we gotta look over the two differ days and get more info on this possible venue. its in Northfield, NJ incase anyones wondering

Scar

#HarveyDent
yea we definitely have to hold one either the 17th or 24th. we gotta look over the two differ days and get more info on this possible venue. its in Northfield, NJ incase anyones wondering
Good luck man, I hope you can find a place. Also, Northfield, NJ =/= Philadelphia, so idk... it probably shouldn't / won't be advertised here.

A simple "no" would work, but it likes you want me to punch you in the mouth.
^^^ More evidence. And lol @ the fact that if you search your name you won't find it because I changed it. Evidence that I go to Penn.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Shoutouts!

@Scar: GJ at running a tournament, getting better at smash and just generally being awesome!
@WoZ: Way to shoot the moon on the last hand, jerk! Seriously though, glad I finally got to hang out with you, and if you need a 4th for hearts in the future, you know what I look like.
@M2K: Wear shoes!
@Cactuar: <3 the new sig. Glad I finally got to talk to you a bit, I will be looking up your thread for laughs.
@Komo: Why weren't we recording game 3!? That was my nastiest combo ever... Good games man, sorry I had to knock you into losers so early.
@Pakman: Who wins on Rainbow Cruise with Luigi!? You jerk!
@Sensei: Stop sandbagging. Next Pichu ditto, I'm not holding back.
@Ryoko: Take the Ace of Hearts!!!
@Copy: I don't think I got to play you at all :(.
@Chocobo: Your Fox got a lot better since Komo's. Keep at it son!
@Dot: You play with gloves on, lolz! You're still the only Samus I like to play.
@Velocity: Oh wait, you weren't even there!!!! wtf man, philly has a reasonable tourney for the first time in forever and you weren't there :'(...

I think pools results should go away from 1st post, 'cause seriously... who cares? And also monetary amounts should probably leave, 'cause once again... who cares? (Stop being lazy and just copying from the results from your silly program Scar! :p)

UncleGene

Smash Rookie
This was pretty fun though my friend was being a real downer. I was the scrub along with the kid with really long hair. Didn't play that many people, but special thanks to Triad for taking the time out to **** us and sorry for not being any kind of real competition.

Probably be at the next one, and hopefully earlier, with the Gamecube.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Hey man, the point of these are so that smashers in the Philly area can get a taste of real competition and meet the people they are trying to be able to beat.

The only real way to get better at this game is to play in tournament, or at least to play friendlies with a lot of different people. Making friends with a high-level player is also very important, and these gatherings offer all of those to locals.

Velocity

Smash Lord
Hey man, the point of these are so smashers in the Philly area can get a taste of real competition and meet the people they are trying to be able to beat.
Making friends with a high-level player is also very important.
ive noticed i skip more then half of people's(<-for scar) post

thats all i read on this page

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
11/24 is far but a beautiful day. 2 days after turkey day so there won't be any "I'm full of stuffing" johns.

Scar said:
I hate the ****ing owl from OoT and its stupid ramblings that seem to last a half hour that you can't skip through and infrequently have to sit through twice for mashing the A button and asking it to repeat itself.
lol! So true. Who said this anyway?

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was almost going to post, why have a 64 tourney with Sensei there?

Then I thought better and decided to post why have a melee tourney with m2k there?

Top Bottom