• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I never thought anyone uses an, "item clause," before. lol

Go to like Smogon, or Serebii, or even our pokemon section here.

Ubers: http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/uber
the uber list is pretty much the same everywhere, but sometimes the rest of it differs depending on what site ur on. i follow by marrilands info for all competive play.

u def need item clauses. ppl will just spam focus sashes

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Lol. Wynaut banned in Pokemon battles.

The 12th is actually the weekend before my next semester begins, so I just have to do some convincing and I should be able to make it. I don't know how good I'll be by then. Anyone want to travel over to Long Island for some friendlies? I'd appreciate it if someone with superior smashing ability (a.k.a. everyone in this thread) can give me a few pointers.

Since Scar said it, everyone who also goes to Villanova and hasn't revealed themselves are mean. Villanova smash FTW!

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
Item Clauses? I have no idea what that/they- is/are. I would ask but something tells me I'll live a much more happier life if I don't know.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Item Clauses? I have no idea what that/they- is/are. I would ask but something tells me I live a much more happier life I don't know.
it just means you can have two of the same item attached to pokemon on your team. leftovers is generally left out of this though and your allowed to have more than one of them. lol at smashpocalypse thread becoming a pokemon tutoring thread

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
From what I know, I'm pretty good compared to the people at the Poke'center section. I've beat everybody I've played atleast three times expect one guy. But mostly everybody else uses EV trained pokemon and I don't. Yes, I know what EV training pokemon is.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
From what I know, I'm pretty good compared to the people at the Poke'center section. I've beat everybody I've played atleast three times expect one guy. But mostly everybody else uses EV trained pokemon and I don't. Yes, I know what EV training pokemon is.
the pokemon section here? i didnt kno ppl played here. perhaps i should dig out my team and show em how a real pro plays ;)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Maybe I should dig out my team and show them how to lose to Butterfree...
hahahahaha i dont care how many times you COULD have switched out gengar but i will never let u forget that time lol. then again, same scenario as il never forgot that i lost to your mewtwo once (.......... in melee...........)

Scar

#HarveyDent
Update everyone.

At the present moment, I have the old venue, but if someone else cancels an event we are going to be moved like a block away. Also, we were cut short on TIME. We are supposed to be out by 5:45 so that the place can be closed down by 6.

I'm thinking maybe we can pay the guard a little bit extra and extend the time at the end, but aside from that we should start a little early. I'm hoping we can get doubles to start at 10...?

Let's see what we can do, gentlemen.

Scar

#HarveyDent
We could just do singles then. But I'm thinking that we can get the guard to stay until 10 so whatever. We'll figure it out.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ouch, 6 o clock? if penn wants it closed down by then though, how would we be able to pay a security guard to stay? also, would we know if we can pay off the security guard before the event takes place, and not the day of? o wait, if theres no doubles, that means that GOTM and RoyKid can't team together! and me and scott are teaming at CoT2 cause its our tournament, so will there ever be a time Team GOTKid? (u can thank me for the cool name lolz) to show their skills before brawl?

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
Wow good eye, i just noticed he was typing with correct grammar capitalizing the first word of every sentence, just backwards.
That's pretty funny.

Velocity

Smash Lord
No, teams must happen at this. I'm teaming with swift and we need tourney practice. I'm up for starting early and/or bribing said guard.

GOTM

Smash Champion
We could just seed singles by crews or location and not do pools to save time.
yeah thats actually a good idea. if you cant get a security guard to agree to stay late, no pools wouldnt be too bad of an idea.

i like pools but i like teams more :)

edit: with tio you can auto seed by crew and location. its in the help file. seperate crew and location with a comma, and it'll do both automatically. you can also seperate skill level in the manual window, and it will take that, location, and crew all into consideration. thats how we do it for pools and it works like a charm

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yeah thats actually a good idea. if you cant get a security guard to agree to stay late, no pools wouldnt be too bad of an idea.

i like pools but i like teams more :)

edit: with tio you can auto seed by crew and location. its in the help file. seperate crew and location with a comma, and it'll do both automatically. you can also seperate skill level in the manual window, and it will take that, location, and crew all into consideration. thats how we do it for pools and it works like a charm
CoT best seeding ftw lol
yea just seed it by location, crew, and other groups (put like colleges or something. it would be kinda bunz for me to get matched up with chocobo again considering we play each other all the time at drexel even tho were technically in differ crews and states). also do rough skill level. it wouldnt be hard to classify everyone into 3 groups, its not hard at all. we did that for CoT and we didnt even have to modify it at all after pools were made.

Top Bottom