• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfest Thursday, September 1st at 5pm. Brawl

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
There's not a lot to improve on against Pit, fUddO. Pit really, really severely limits Dedede's options because of arrows and multi-hit moves, as well as loads of stuff to beat the spotdodge -> spotdodge buffer. Mostly your broken UTilt. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate Pit's UTilt? UTilt's should take 80 frames, not 2.

Oh, also I want to practice the Ice Climbers MU. I plan on playing it with Ice Climbers.

Also copypasting from the Pit boards...

:metaknight: - :gw:
:snake: - :dedede:
:diddy: - :gw:
:falco: - :sheik:
:wario: - :ganondorf:/:dedede:
:marth: - :dedede:
:pikachu2: - :lucario:
:dedede: - :dedede:
:olimar: - :metaknight: (I'm sorry, I just hate this MU. Olimar is a total BS character)
:popo: - :popo:/:troll:
:gw: - :sheik:/:dedede:
:lucario: - :dedede:
:zerosuitsamus: - :gw:
:toonlink: - :dedede:
:kirby: - :gw:
:fox: - :sheik:
:rob: - :dedede:
:pit: - :dedede:/:sheik:
:dk2: - :dedede:/roflstomp
:luigi2: - :dedede:
:wolf: - :sheik:
:sonic: - :gw:
:ike: - :dedede:
:sheik: - :lucario:
:ness2: - :jigglypuff:
:pt: - :jigglypuff:
:yoshi2: - :dedede:
:lucas: - :gw:
:mario2: - :dedede:
:bowser2: - :dedede:
:falcon: - :gw:
:samus2: - :dedede:
:jigglypuff: - :gw:
:link2: - :jigglypuff:
:zelda: - :jigglypuff:
:ganondorf: - :ganondorf:
:peach: - :gw:/:dedede:

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Dirt... could you explain what that chart meant? XD Is that the MU and the character you are going to use agaisnt them, and why is Peach last on that chart? X3

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Peach is last on the list because I quoted someone else's list, and they forgot Peach, and I was too lazy to check where she was on the tier list.

Also fixed GaW.

Not really.

I'll have to think on who I'd play.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Peach is between DK and Pit... sad I know that X3

Also... is anyone driving? My dad is working so he can drive me to the fest... just not after.. I am determined to go~ Though I need to know if anyone can house me till my Dad gets off work 7:15am or they can drive me home~

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well, I don't have a car. And my parents probably wouldn't be cool with housing. So that counts me out. I'll still ask them though, in case Gi can't.

*EDIT* Oh, would anyone be interested in trying a preliminary build of Brawl 64? No character edits, since Captain Falcon is the main one I've been working with and I think I broke him again. :/ There are the code edits, however. Basically I need to see if there are any major bugs in the codes right now and if the shields feel right. Except for Yoshi's, who I haven't done much to.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, I'm not fond of housing during the week, Michelle and I are both working next day. Only thing I can recommend for this smashfest is if you bus home with Leaf since he knows his way.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Hmms, Leaf is going after all? I could bus with him back... but I heard he left very early, if theres no other option I'll go with him I guess. Thanks for checking Dirt~ Please get back to me ASAP as my dad wants to know how im getting home tomorrow. :p (yay for over protective parents =_=)

Just so everyone knows I will not always need housing and such as my dad doesnt work Sat, so he can pick me up on tournies and fests on those days!

Oh and NP Gi, I undestand how weekdays are very inconvienient it's why I'm trying to figure out all my options, last resort bus so I can enjoy the whole fest~ :p

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
They said no to housing.

Peachy, where do you live? If your parents don't want you going home alone and it's not upwards of hours away, I could bus that way with you. My parents are pretty much fine with me coming home whenever, so long as I don't make a lot of noise coming in and am in the house before morning.

*EDIT* I'll be there a bit late by an hour or so tomorrow, I've got to wait for my Dad to get home so my sister isn't home alone. So I'll probably leave home around 5, 5:30 tomorrow and it's a half-hour ride.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Dirt I live in brampton... I dont know the route leaf took... by bus it may take 1 - 2 hoursish leaning more towards 2(multiple buses yay =_=) My father and mother are quite worried about how i'm getting home especially late at night... because well... I'm not the manliest man around. :p If I can get in contact with leaf I could ask him what route he took and check for the last availible bus going to brampton. I appreciate the offer to come with, but I dont want you to go out of your way... what if you miss your bus? :(

Though if you really want to, I have no obejections... I do wish Leaf didnt call with a blocked ID because I dont know his number lol so it's a little hard to get in touch with him.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well, it depends on what time we'd be leaving, if it's closer to 10ish I could probably do that, but if it goes much later I really can't. The buses I take go until 3 AM or so on weekdays, so I've got a fairly large amount of leniency with not missing my bus. Just let me know when you get a route figured out, and I'll let you know if I can do it.

I have no idea where Brampton is so I really have no idea about travel times.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
It's funny how no one knows where brampton is XD Despite us only being a 1 hour drive away from toronto. :p Well the fest is said to end at 10pm so I'm assuming thats when I'd leave. So no worries there. :p I guess Leaf is showing up? If we see him there we tackle him! If he doesnt show... *thinks* I cry~ T^T

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I have this vague idea of Brampton being not too far away, I actually think I might have lived there once.

So I guess we'll see if Leaf shows up then.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
@Fuddo (for the most part): DDD is a good character. There are several characters more limited than him lol.

LOL at Olimar being a BS character. Some peoples opinions on things :laugh:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If Olimar had a good recovery and a slightly better air game he'd be flat out broken. Easily the best ground game in Brawl.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Dirt... one word... Peach lol~ I'm figuring out what move beats which Pikmin and its ******** lol.. Bair will clash with purples but beat red/white/blue, dair beats yellows/white/red/blue, nair beats blue/red/white Uair useless unless oli is above her. In the end it turns out her butt prevails on olis ground game... but it can get complicated if she dairs and he uses a purple.. or she bairs and he uses a yellow.. the others are useless on her... except maybe blue bthrow :p

Im not too sure on luigi, but his priority rivals that of peachs... so I'm assuming he may give oli more trouble since that nair is just wow~

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Actually, I'm thinking I might just play it with Puff. Pound beats even purples, and so long as I pay attention to where the latched Pikmin are I can beat them off with my aerials.

Then again, moves with approximately infinite priority tend to outprioritize.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So Gi.

Out of a grab, with footstool combos, Ganon has a 0 to death on Wario. Grab Release -> Footstool -> Tipman -> Grab the forced rising

Gichan

Smash Champion
can you really tech a footstool? Damn, I wanna see that today.

And Dirt, whatever lolol. I believe anything can hit Wario at this point.

We have a ****load of people tonight so I apologize in advance for how crowded it will be. I have a small place, but I'm proud of it. If you have any way to contact Ambrose, harass him till he gives up and comes lol.

And Patches, do you have Darksiders? If yes, can I borrow it? I'll let you hold on to one of my games for leverage, but you know, I'm not going anywhere lol.

Hype

Smash Lord
You can't tech out of a footstool, that's why ice climbers can do that footstool chain grab thing that ambrose always did.

wow I just saw Fuddo's post appear without refreshing, I didn't know smashboards did that now.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
What Hype said. Poke with his incorrect game mechanic knowledge and occasionally wrong frame data. Trying to put me out of a job.

Gichan

Smash Champion
...another guy coming to huh. We are defnintely going to be crowded lol. I'll update full list. We might have to go into one of my rooms.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So, now I wait for my Dad to get home.

I'll post when he gets in, then leave within 10 minutes.

Even if I show up at 8 it'll still be worth it for me.

I'll be there with a codes-only build of Brawl 64 if anyone wants to try and break past the codes.

Seriously. I'm sure Air dodge has found some way to still exist. It was retardedly hard to eradicate without going into each character and removing the animation + invincibility.

Also currently no L-Canceling, I'm trying to get a code that does 64 L-Canceling easily (basically skip aerial landing lag and go straight to hard landing), but it's not going well.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Was fun everyone~ Too bad I couldnt fit in singles with everyone but regardless the doubles was surely enjoyable.

Poke - Great Matches, though nothing really comes to mind since we generally play each other all the time~

fUddO - Wish you played Pit a little more as I dont have much experience in the MU, but I don't know how I overcame the hail of arrows haha. Pikachu is good, don't be too harsh on him afterall you just picked him up, with some time you shall be great~

Patches - I enjoyed our matches, I guess knowing a MU does help... so I'm afraid when you figure out Peach haha X3 Can't wait to brawl you again~

Gi - Aww, sorry that the Wario Peach MU is lame... it is unfortunate that the grab release hinders him that much. I tried implementing some agression if I was in the lead so the MU wouldnt be too dreadfull... but next time I will camp the MU away~ :p Also... who knew Ps1 would be that annoying XD I'll def ban it when it comes to tournies~

Doubles Matches - Love the randomness about them haha... and I didn't realisee my textures were that much of a problem... I guess since I'm used to them I didn't notice them as much, but were they really that confusing? XD

Dirt - Unfortunate that we didn't play each other, but I guess the crowd kept us apart. :p My dad picked me up afterall because he worries too much, but at least I didn't have to take you away from the brawl :p We should def play sometime~

I'm happy I got to see some old and new faces, can't wait to see you all again~

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
No Looft.

Bad Looft.

Your Marth has been getting visibly better, don't drop him.

Also it was so nice to see myself improving.

Also the textures weren't too bothersome Peachy, however Bleck Metaknight has hurtbox vertexes, thus being a little bit taller than normal. Try playing a replay recorded without textures with that textures, it'll desync before long. Also having a texture over Red Jiggz... tsk tsk. Jiggz flower is god tier.

*EDIT* Gi, here ya go.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267789

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245410

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I've tech'd a Footstool before. Yay Dk and his Superior Air Speed.

Anyway.

Gi - Rob is a PAIN to deal with. Especially when I try to PS everything. Sucks my Ike lost, I should start using him fot experience.

Dirt - I remember us Playing, but I don't remember playing you.

Peachy - Fun games, as Always. I lose and get 3 stocked =_=

Fuddo - Odd Pit.

Looft - We Didn't play D:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
No, you didn't Poke. They are programmed as untechable. You were probably footstooled high enough up that your status went from "untechable tumble" to "normal tumble". That's not teching a footstool. If you are footstooled from about one-and-a-half Ganon-heights or lower, it's completely untechable.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Dirt, his name is bluemere! Also, I don't think he is taller I have played replays with that texture (its my fav) and no desynch happend, when I used to play on wifi also no desynch happend. My textures in no way effect the characters themselves. I've had my texture for a good 7 months now.. I would notice something like that. :p

Gichan

Smash Champion
I didn't know PS1 is good for Wario, I hate that stage it's so lame.

Poke my ROB sucks mah balls, so I'm assuming it must be MU experience or something. fUddo was smakcing dat ROB *** all dai, 2 stocks and ****. Also, I don't even camp you that hard, I wouldn't even call that camping. If I was I think you'd be able to deal with it better, I think the dash attacks threw you off or something lol.

Btw I want a MM against your Ike next time with my Wario, $5. I need to play you with those circumstances please.

You to Peachy. I hope anything was clarified through Tin. I may get salty, but I really was enjoying my self LOL, I know it must be hard to believe that, but my temperament just is like this....I really wish it wasn't.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Gi - Your wario is still too good, I need to camp harder, lol.

Peachy - Sorry about not going Pit more, I need to learn the MU too!

Poke - GGs, your Falco is awesome, every game went down to last hit. Such a ridiculous campfest matchup though, lol. I gotta learn the Ike matchup, need to stop getting hit by random moves...It's Warlock Punch all over again T_T

Looft - Great matches, your MK definately improved as we played. Don't drop Marth completely, he's hella fun to play against.

Doubles Matches - pretty crazy stuff. I never want to see so much red and black again in my life >.> fun regardless though!

The replays would only desync if you play them without the textures, or vice-verca. I've had that exact texture desync me before.

Top Bottom