• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfest Thursday, September 1st at 5pm. Brawl

snake23

Smash Cadet
I don't like it when a person calls me a kid especially since i am at the point of where i am way past that age bracket i take this comment as what you typed "you got heard kid" very personally, trust me Poisonmist you would not want to see me when i am angry it won't be a good thing for you and no this is in no way an attempt to threaten you, i am being very serious never make comments like that towards me in this forum or when you see me in person like that especially when you don't even know me all that well in general.
This message also applies to everyone else that i have played at the last tournament in downtown toronto at ac world on june 11th i am not trying to be a jerk or anything just giving it to you straight up the real honest truth.

snake23

Smash Cadet
Last time i had no preparation for brawl and i put absolutely zero training time to improve my mains marth and luigi so that is why i came in last place for singles and i got totally owned in pools.

I was the worst brawl player there at the time my friend surprisingly placed better than me in the singles bracket we both had absolutely no practice we stopped playing brawl for at least a minimum of almost 2 years straight we both dropped playing the game very fast.
It was my friend by the name of Mr Fred guy who did actually get me back into playing brawl.

So that is why i am making the effort to attend more of the smashfests gichan will be hosting at his place also thanks to my friend Mr. Fred guy for getting me back into playing brawl, i am simply just fed up with getting owned in brawl at the last tournament that i attended last month i will put in some of my free time to practice in brawl more now.

snake23

Smash Cadet
If you bring your ps3 I'll bring my ps3 stick.
Gi's xbox might be enough though

:phone:
I am not used to playing fighters on the 360 controller and besides i know the d-pad is terrible on the 360 controller it just was not designed for playing fighters.

Although i know myself very well that the netcode on xbox live is much better than psn's for playing fighters but the ps3 does lag when playing fighters specifically at tournaments even though it is just versus mode local play just to name some of the pro street fighter players that have participated in norcal9 regionals, revelations and other sf tournaments evil geniuses marn, evil geniuses justin wong he now uses adon as one of his mains rufus and he used to use balrog before ssf4 came out, rick ortiz pro rufus player and chun user, mike ross the e.honda pro player that beat mago in norcal9 regionals in the singles bracket with just his pro e.honda skills, gootecks balrog and rose player, the beast daigo umehara sponsored by mad catz, BLG juicebox, infiltration the pro akuma player from korea, Poongko the pro seth player from korea that won the entire tournament of norcal9 regionals, tokido aka murderface also got sponsored by mad catz recently who is also from japan, mago the pro sagat player from street fighter 4 and ssf4 his 2nd character is fei long from japan he also got sponsored by mad catz recently all these pro street fighter players have all participated in numerous tournaments and travelled to alot of major big tournaments so many that i have lost count of how many they have all participated in most which had street fighter 4 ssf4 and ssf4 arcade edition.

I am bringing my ps3 slim with my 1 and only ps3 dualshock 3 controller along as well also i do not have an actual copy of ssf4 on ps3 anymore i sold my copy since i decided i will no longer play fighters hardcore on ps3 anymore.
I look forward to meeting with you today SRTM at smashfest for sure with us playing ssf4 or marvel vs capcom3 i am positive that this will be a great event hosted by none other than gichan.
I will be getting some drinks for gichan and everyone else that will be coming to this smashfest today. I just don't know exactly what you gals and guys will drink for sure even if it is just 2-4 litres of soda i need to know the specifics on what to get for drinks otherwise i will have just bought the soda for nothing since i myself don't drink soda at all on a regular day to day basis all i drink is water for the whole day.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Maaan...All I got are CRTs, and someone else is bringing their 360 as well so I really don't thnk it's necessary to bring your PS3s guys. And remember that this is a smashfest first and foremost since we all have a tournament to attend this sat with Quebec in attendance. Yeah there's the other games, but I know most of you are not even joining anything else.

I got a TE stick and someone else is bringing theirs so hopefully that will help you guys.

And Snake23, don't hate on Mist man LOL, that guy is just too chill, he reeallly didn't mean offence I can tell you that

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I can't make it.
Probably going to spend the time practicing for that Smash 64 tournament coming up instead.

snake23

Smash Cadet
Maaan...All I got are CRTs, and someone else is bringing their 360 as well so I really don't thnk it's necessary to bring your PS3s guys. And remember that this is a smashfest first and foremost since we all have a tournament to attend this sat with Quebec in attendance. Yeah there's the other games, but I know most of you are not even joining anything else.

I got a TE stick and someone else is bringing theirs so hopefully that will help you guys.

And Snake23, don't hate on Mist man LOL, that guy is just too chill, he reeallly didn't mean offence I can tell you that
Okay i was wrong i apologize for taking that comment on poisonmist of what he said that
"i have a heart kid"to seriously and personal, well i think i reacted the right way gichan though considering, i do not personally know poisonmist that well yet since we haven't hung out with each other outside of smashfests and tournaments at all.

Gichan

Smash Champion
It happens.

Shoutouts to how many people came yesterday, and to our manly odours!

I promise I'll get a fan. And if someone brings a small one we can have two fans going on lol. I'm really sorry about that, I use to have an air conditioner at my parents but the mother****er doesn't fit in my window, so now I'd have to get a new 1 and I'm waaay too jew for that.

Shoutouts to fUddz, you got soooooo much better man, CoT5 really did show its impact on you. you're not just throwing arrows for 8 minutes, you really know what you are doing now with abusing his hitboxes and such. Send me your FC. I'll have to check mine to give to you. I'll try to send you your replays.

Hope you guys had fun, next time bring wiis guys! I got 4 tvs, but not 4 wiis!

fUddO

Smash Ace
Wow, it was crowded yesterday. GGs everyone, all that practice is definitely gonna help us at the tournament. Using Usmash is really helping my anti-air game, although I have a feeling that once you guys pick up on the SDI things are gonna turn around again...

My fc is right...

<------- here

Cruxis

Smash Lord
god damn this is far, but ill try to reach the next one, just please let me know more than 1 day in advance lol

Gichan

Smash Champion
Smashfest this friday at 5pm to like midnight or whatever. Hope a bunch of you guys come.

I got a fan this time loool, a good one to. But I'll need one more so that not just a selected few get the wind, I asked Mist so let's see he can pull through.

I am planning on using the outside of my apartment to have one set-up. I'll mop it on that day so it's clean but think we should utilize that space to cause it's hard to just fit everyone inside near my small *** living room. And you guys need to bring wiis!!!. I got 5 tvs, so let's use them all. And I really want us to focus on pointing out each other's bad habits and flaws. Ambrose just takes out all of them vs me LOL, what a *******. Anyways, level up begins now! I'll be really trying to get these once a week and I'll also be going to A&C Games when I can.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Translation: Il be up airing each of your gamefaqs jump and punishing your rolling habits.

Gichan

Smash Champion
^

Is that a confirmation? If so, please bring your wii, thanks man. And bring your diddy friend, I'll always ask lol.

Top Bottom