• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHERS UNITE! ... in Celebration. Brawl is Online, and I'm just paranoid ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
No, sending in a e-mail is what we should do if we care. Nintendo will listen to large groups of gamers more than whiney people on a forum after the game is released. Wiseguy's got it right guys, stop being fat nerds and trolling him, and be... a rebel. They would definitely do something if the mass's voice was loud enough.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well maybe it doesn't bloody matter much to you guys but try living around an area where only like 2 people even have bloody Wii's!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
mehhhhhhhh
even if there is no online. i guarantee you we will all love this game still
chill out
FYI: I filled out the petition Steps 1 and 2. Sorry if I did it a little late.

Ah hem, but anyways, no no no. I disagree bro. Of course Brawl will be enjoyable for about I dunno.....a good year before it will become a tad bit boring because you're not able to play against the entire world. Come on now, lets ponder this for a second. Sakurai's development team should be able to pull off this request seeing how they have all the time in the world to make this game. If the game needs to be delayed because they need to add this feature, than so be it. I want Brawl online indefinitely, so that I may Smash will my fellow brethern in the good ol North America, the other 6 contients, and everybody else in between.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
FYI: I filled out the petition Steps 1 and 2. Sorry if I did it a little late.

Ah hem, but anyways, no no no. I disagree bro. Of course Brawl will be enjoyable for about I dunno.....a good year before it will become a tad bit boring because you're not able to play against the entire world. Come on now, lets ponder this for a second. Sakurai's development team should be able to pull off this request seeing how they have all the time in the world to make this game. If the game needs to be delayed because they need to add this feature, than so be it. I want Brawl online indefinitely, so that I may Smash will my fellow brethern in the good ol North America, the other 6 contients, and everybody else in between.
I want online, too, and I think Sakurai can pull this off, but chances are it's going to be region-locked like Mario Strikers Charged. In other words, you won't be going up against the world.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I want online, too, and I think Sakurai can pull this off, but chances are it's going to be region-locked like Mario Strikers Charged. In other words, you won't be going up against the world.
Oh man then I suggest we, comrade n arms, keep our fingers and toes crossed. How very dissapointing it will be if we aren't able to have a Smash Slugfest against the entire globe. Man, if it's region locked, then I'll probably go into a corner with my teddy bear, suck my thumb, and shake uncontrollably.:(

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
i cant wait until we will be able to start hearing things from nintendo or dojo about this topic...they really like to leave people hanging

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
So much for this online petition. Well, did you guys at least learn something from this? It seems MookieRah was right the entire time.
So... What were we supposed to learn?

Looks like out petition worked :p
I knew that they were trying in the first place, wouldn't hurt to take like a minute to sign it and try. What did MookieRah say anyway? I wasn't quite active in this thread.

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
Region Locked?? bah, i want to play with every good player there is! i mean, yes, even region locked would have a lot of players, but c'mon, if theyre putting online already, lets do it right!!!

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
thats only the launchguide, its been there for a long time, that doesnt mean that the game will have online, back then, it was supposed to have online, but there hasnt been any official confirmation recently, i hope they confirm it soon tough
Did you check out that thread about the magazine confirming online play? From what people have been saying, it's a reliable source and Japan retailing are slating the date for November 22nd for Brawl to come out in Japan.

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
Did you check out that thread about the magazine confirming online play? From what people have been saying, it's a reliable source and Japan retailing are slating the date for November 22nd for Brawl to come out in Japan.
Yeah, now THAT could be taken as confirmation, cause is recent and is reliable. all that is left is waiting for the update in the dojo during the week, i mean, really, nothin has been officialy mentioned about online since a looot of time, and if it IS gonna be there, theres no reason to keep hidin it

RokkuManZer0

Smash Apprentice
Actually there is. To generate hype around the game and keep us on our toes. I doubt we'll be seeing an update regarding Brawl's online play anytime soon, but if CoroCoro says it'll have Vs. online play it must be true.

So November 22nd in Japan, December 3rd in the States and Europe as always gets the short side of the stick. I hate you guys. Seriously. :(

Let's just hope Nintendo gets it right and doesn't give us a service like they did in Mario Strikers (servers crashing and rebooting, huge lag after work/school hours) because SSBB is going to bomb the hell out of their servers and I hope they're ready for it.

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
Actually there is. To generate hype around the game and keep us on our toes. I doubt we'll be seeing an update regarding Brawl's online play anytime soon
Yeah, youre right, actually is more likely that if the game was NOT online, they wouldve already announced it, so that no one got hyped, but if they game IS online they can take their time and then, surprise! online play! so, hope thats the case

The thing is that i dont even have a Wii!! Brawl is the reason why i cuould get one, so i need that online confirmation soon! cause the **** system will only get harder to find

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea we should (Hopefully) be facing you Americans some time around... 2009 he he he... *sigh* **** Nintendo why wont you understand that I DON'T NEED 29 DIFFERENT LANGUAGES!! *cries*

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
i cant wait until we will be able to start hearing things from nintendo or dojo about this topic...they really like to leave people hanging
Don't you think the only was to prevent massive lag is to keep it regional, though?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Don't you think the only was to prevent massive lag is to keep it regional, though?
They could keep it regional, but still let you have the option of direct connection to another friend via Wii #s.

I'm hoping you have more options in who you get to play as opposed to just a random person.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
They could keep it regional, but still let you have the option of direct connection to another friend via Wii #s.

I'm hoping you have more options in who you get to play as opposed to just a random person.
Thats what I was thinking.. Random matches/quick play in only in your region.

But if you take some friend codes etc. you could have matches with people a lot farther than usual etc.

Can't wait to play some of you guys.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
it would be cool if it were world wide but wouldnt mind regional...just give me online!!

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
Well considering that the lag would be unbearable if I, in america, was to play someone in Europe.

I would prefer it was regional.

And if it ran off Nintendo Servers, then they would still have you only capable of accessing the nearest server.

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
I just sent an email and signed the petition.
Its getting really hard for me to make time to travel to friends houses to play smash. I have work, school, and females to worry about. It would be a lot more convenient to own people from the privacy of my home.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
here are some of my ideas for online
there shouldnt be friend codes needed instead there username.
also headsets... but they dont need to be friends for u to talk to eachother... if a noob complains then mute THATS WHAT ITS FOR... and it didnt ruin xbox live at all.

PitIcarus

Smash Ace
I just sent an email and signed the petition.
Its getting really hard for me to make time to travel to friends houses to play smash. I have work, school, and females to worry about. It would be a lot more convenient to own people from the privacy of my home.
What is emailing a petition going to do? Do you think Sakurai was at any point in time unaware that people wanted it to be online? He even acknowledged it a year ago. At this points it's just a practicality issue.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
here are some of my ideas for online
there shouldnt be friend codes needed instead there username.
also headsets... but they dont need to be friends for u to talk to eachother... if a noob complains then mute THATS WHAT ITS FOR... and it didnt ruin xbox live at all.
Your ideas are exactly what I've dreamed of, but I'm sure they'll never happen. :(
If they don't get online for brawl you can rip my hair out, kick me in the groin and call me Chucky Norris.

Takuyo90

Smash Apprentice
Man, I tried to read it all. Too much.

On a side note in response to this:
"As long as Sakurai continues to blow our minds with new Dojo updates, I have no complaint."

I have not been blown away by any updates yet. All of these ******** confirmed threads of characters we all know are coming back are pointless. DK not coming back? Yoshi "Semi- confirmed"? STFU. He's in the game. So is Peach. So is Luigi. So is C. Falcon etc etc.

So far all we get are updates on things we know. Whats next? A profile for Snake? Give me a break. Give us the rest of the starting line up in consecutive updates and i'll be pleased. After that they can beat around the bush with stages, items, ATs and all that jazz, but in the mean time I want to get to the meat of the game. The only good update was in May of '06 with the trailer. Everthing else is a FAT dissapointment.
stop complaining if they showed all the goodys in the begging then the items, char, and stages ect...would Realy be a Fat dissapointment...

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Not quite, I'm afraid. IGN is going by the same info that we are. Nintendo did kind of confirm online way back in 2005 (though they just said they would "work hard" to make it happen).

Did Brawl even appear on the E3 Online games list?
Nope. Check out the link: http://e3.nintendo.com/wii.html

I agree completely, Mookie. I at least want the option of finding people I know with friend codes. Even DS games do that much.

What is emailing a petition going to do? Do you think Sakurai was at any point in time unaware that people wanted it to be online? He even acknowledged it a year ago. At this points it's just a practicality issue.
Well, at the very least it gives us something to discuss to pass the time PitIcarus. (Or should I call you Vagrant Wade? ;))

Did you check out the rumor thread? To me, that proves that Brawl's going online. From what people have been saying, Coro-Coro is a reliable source.
I don't doubt it, but even the most reliable sourse can make mistakes.

Jaz

Smash Ace
signed

i want to play people from America and Japan d*mn it and I'm not waiting for them all to get rich and fly over here like ken and CJ

brawl online FTW

even if it doesn't stretch that far I'll be happy to just play people from Oz but brawl without online is a sad thing T-T
I pity the people that believe this is a hopeless cause, Recycling wasn't always around... you think that happened on its own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom