• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHERS UNITE! ... in Celebration. Brawl is Online, and I'm just paranoid ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebird

Smash Rookie
i think it's too late in the development process to implement an online mode

they have 4 months to clean up glitches and fix last-minute errors and make millions of copies to send around the world. they wont have time for online, even though I and every other smash bros fan wants it in

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
i prefer online play over any type of single player mode...smash bros is such a good game that i still complete the single player mode...but ussually on online multiplayer games i never complete the campaigns...i sample them...practice offline a bit and start goin online.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I don't have online for 360 or anythng, so I don't really know anythng about competitive online play aside from a few DS games, and AVP 2 (F**KING AWESOME GAME LOL), so I hope Brawl is awesome! lol, I don't really thnk I needed to say anything but that, but ok! lol

Dizzynin

Smash Rookie
I'd rather them delay the game than release it without online. >_> Brawl without online would be an incredibly, incredibly stupid decision on Nintendo's part.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
What the hell was the point of that spaming?

Im with Dizzy id rather the game be delayed (Even longer seeing as i live in Europe) than it be released without online.

In touch with the wii

Smash Cadet
well this would be bad if no online but i would still buy it though its just ive been waiting so long i dont care but im really goin for world wide online

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
From I read from MookieRah's post in that "I come to with information" troll thread made from BrawlMessenger, Brawl has already been confirmed online in some Japanese maganizes. Does that help?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
I'm sure that Brawl'll have online play. I just don't want it to suck like bad lag or no online battles. Stuff like that.
Yeah...I want it to be more than two players...or at least give you the option of how many players you want. And there should be more than four! Like, you could have five opponents at the same time. As long as there was no lag.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Yeah...I want it to be more than two players...or at least give you the option of how many players you want. And there should be more than four! Like, you could have five opponents at the same time. As long as there was no lag.
That'll never happen. EVER. You're not thinking realistically enough. NO MORE THAN FOUR!

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I'm sure it could happen. Other games can fit 16 people all at once, with bullets flying every which way, sound effects, and a lot of stuff...
Yea, nintendo is bad about letting u choose how many opponents n an online battle...
The should let you choose...

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
That'll never happen. EVER. You're not thinking realistically enough. NO MORE THAN FOUR!
I'm not saying it will, just that it should. Big difference.

I'm sure it could happen. Other games can fit 16 people all at once, with bullets flying every which way, sound effects, and a lot of stuff...
Yea, nintendo is bad about letting u choose how many opponents n an online battle...
The should let you choose...
You raise an interesting point, although an incorrect (as far as I know) one. It's not sixteen players all at once, it's sixteen players alternating. Also, if there were sixteen players all at once, there would be lag like whoa. We don't want that in Brawl, do we? No lag!

Although it might be fun to have a brawl with all the characters on a really huge stage...like, Hyrule Temple, except even bigger.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I'm not saying it will, just that it should. Big difference.

You raise an interesting point, although an incorrect (as far as I know) one. It's not sixteen players all at once, it's sixteen players alternating. Also, if there were sixteen players all at once, there would be lag like whoa. We don't want that in Brawl, do we? No lag!

Although it might be fun to have a brawl with all the characters on a really huge stage...like, Hyrule Temple, except even bigger.
Hmmm, on computer games like AVP 2, there can be up to 16 people all at one time. Sure, it lags sumtimes, but only if individual people playing have bad connections, and that kind of lag, in a way, is unpreventable... Although, computer connections might connect differently than the Wii, but both are based on the internet, so IDK...

I think Brawl would be able to support more than 4 people...

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
I don't think lag will be too much of an issue. I think developers are becoming technologically advanced enough to start eliminating these problems.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
the so called official box art doesn't have the blue wi fi symbol...UH....OH....

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I don't think lag will be too much of an issue. I think developers are becoming technologically advanced enough to start eliminating these problems.
They won't be able to eliminate all of them, but I argee that lag wouldn't be that much of an issue if their online servers are good and if you have a good internet connection.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Why should it happen when they're no need to put in more than 4 players? Well, it's not like they're going to put it in there since they shouldn't do it anyway because of the lag.
Because team battles involve tons of skill. 4 vs. 4's would be awsome in high [pro] level of play, with fighters going every which way. Sure it won't happen, but it'd be neat. If you've ever seen a pro 4 vs. 4 Halo, Counter-Striker, etc. game, then you'd know exactly why it'd rock. It's using your skills protecting/teaming/counterteaming with your partners, and the ultimate combination of raw 1 vs. 1 skills, and cooperative skills. More so then 2 vs. 2, definitely. You would have to be totally be in synce with your teammates to win at a pro level of play. :)

BTW, Wiseguy I'm gonna try to help by *dun dun dun* spreading the word of the petition to the Nsiders at Gamespot [hopefully].

Brawl online ftw! :)

And DamaGe, welcome to the winning side! :)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Because team battles involve tons of skill. 4 vs. 4's would be awsome in high [pro] level of play, with fighters going every which way. Sure it won't happen, but it'd be neat. If you've ever seen a pro 4 vs. 4 Halo, Counter-Striker, etc. game, then you'd know exactly why it'd rock. It's using your skills protecting/teaming/counterteaming with your partners, and the ultimate combination of raw 1 vs. 1 skills, and cooperative skills. More so then 2 vs. 2, definitely. You would have to be totally be in synce with your teammates to win at a pro level of play. :)

BTW, Wiseguy I'm gonna try to help by *dun dun dun* spreading the word of the petition to the Nsiders at Gamespot [hopefully].

The Nsider email: "Ya onlin 4 brawl :) plz"

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
For those that are claiming it would be a stupid idea on Nintendo's behalf to not include online, what if they simply can't? You have to understand that, as stated before, fighters rarely ever get the netcode right without lag... I play all sorts of fighters and have yet to play one online.

Consider this:
-Fighters are not RTS and FPS, they are handled differently as far as netcode goes. I can't explain exactly why, I'm not a software engineer. Basically it all comes down to inputs and how the server constantly updates the activities of all the players.
-Smash has 4 players and extra elements such as items over what normal fighters have.

To sum it up. It wont be because Nintendo decided not to, it's because they couldn't.

Now all of that said, I honestly believe that the game is pretty much done and during testing phases Sakurai is taking time to flesh out the single player (thats the feeling I get from the updates). What he is showing us is stuff thats 100% done (minus balance changes) and that the wifi details are simply not 100%. It is Nintendo after all, and I guessing while the netcodes in, they are sorting out what will work with their servers.

The Japanese version comes out before the American one right? Hell, it might just be so that Nintendo America can anticipate how the networks handle brawl, given that Japan is a better wired country and all.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
For those that are claiming it would be a stupid idea on Nintendo's behalf to not include online, what if they simply can't? You have to understand that, as stated before, fighters rarely ever get the netcode right without lag... I play all sorts of fighters and have yet to play one online.

Consider this:
-Fighters are not RTS and FPS, they are handled differently as far as netcode goes. I can't explain exactly why, I'm not a software engineer. Basically it all comes down to inputs and how the server constantly updates the activities of all the players.
-Smash has 4 players and extra elements such as items over what normal fighters have.

To sum it up. It wont be because Nintendo decided not to, it's because they couldn't.

Now all of that said, I honestly believe that the game is pretty much done and during testing phases Sakurai is taking time to flesh out the single player (thats the feeling I get from the updates). What he is showing us is stuff thats 100% done (minus balance changes) and that the wifi details are simply not 100%. It is Nintendo after all, and I guessing while the netcodes in, they are sorting out what will work with their servers.

The Japanese version comes out before the American one right? Hell, it might just be so that Nintendo America can anticipate how the networks handle brawl, given that Japan is a better wired country and all.

well i think nintendo absolutely can do it...they got soo much money all they have to do is hand 83764547582392$ to some leet codezorz and tell them to make it happen...if teenage basement hackers can make melee online...well desynced melee online sure nintendo could handle getting brawl online

snes101

Smash Apprentice
P2P Kaillera's also the **** with SSB64, almost like playing on the real console. Almost. Surely Nintendo could implement a similar system? I don't care if online's 1v1, it'd still rock if done right!

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman

well i think nintendo absolutely can do it...they got soo much money all they have to do is hand 83764547582392$ to some leet codezorz and tell them to make it happen...if teenage basement hackers can make melee online...well desynced melee online sure nintendo could handle getting brawl online
i feel like a bit of a hypocrite due to the fact that im going to turn this guy into an example of ignorance without reading the entire thread... but here goes anyway.
I'm just going to point out that melee and brawl are two completely different things, and from what i've heard, the online melee was completely screwed by lag, which is why it isn't used more widely. if people complain about laggy TELEVISIONS, then theres no doubt a good chance of problems arising over the internet, where much greater distances than the gamecube to the television come into play. i personally think we should let them do their thing, and be happy with what they give us, after all, its not like its their JOB to give us a new sequel that hadn't been planned on, or to make it online, no less, but they are. im just keeping faith that it will be awesome, and will take it however it comes

That said, i support this topic and how the creator is going about itand if it gets anything changed, awesome

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
i feel like a bit of a hypocrite due to the fact that im going to turn this guy into an example of ignorance without reading the entire thread... but here goes anyway.
I'm just going to point out that melee and brawl are two completely different things, and from what i've heard, the online melee was completely screwed by lag, which is why it isn't used more widely. if people complain about laggy TELEVISIONS, then theres no doubt a good chance of problems arising over the internet, where much greater distances than the gamecube to the television come into play. i personally think we should let them do their thing, and be happy with what they give us, after all, its not like its their JOB to give us a new sequel that hadn't been planned on, or to make it online, no less, but they are. im just keeping faith that it will be awesome, and will take it however it comes

That said, i support this topic and how the creator is going about itand if it gets anything changed, awesome
i was emphasing how amazing it was in general for normal people to be able to get a game that was designed for offline play to be played online...it wasn't perfected because it desynced when things in the stage changed...that was the main problem but ive personally played melee online and it really didn't seem to lag as in "delay attacks" but it just desynced like you seeing your oppenent in a different position from where he is on his screen so when you try to attack them they dont take damage. i think this was a good attempt and if normal ppl who are not even getting paid can do all this with a game that didnt even have a LAN mode to modify into online play then i know nintendo better not get showed up by basement hackers.

johnjoelw

Smash Cadet
The Way i figured it to workout is as Follows:

Idea #1 : You do a direct connect ( Wii vs Wii) Via Wii Number ( This is Better than Idea 3)

idea #2 : Lobby play. You host your own room and people join that room and you can Communicate with them via DS. ( prefered)

Idea #3 : Random Play. You just Connect to a region or country and you are force to play how ever is on the other end. like Mario Kart DS ( I pray that Nintendo doesnt do that.)

Takeshi245

Smash Champion

JohnKnight1, you have to realize that's not going to happen. Two players on the same console that want to use matchmaking would probably work so there wouldn't be a lot of online lag unless it rotates between player to player on who plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom