• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHERS UNITE! ... in Celebration. Brawl is Online, and I'm just paranoid ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
End you protesting young freedom fighters your battle is over :chuckle:

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
No records, that sucks, but hopefully we can organize tournaments (definatetly) and we can do some real matches. Also, no records means less people will D/c

BlueBomberX

Smash Rookie
Despite no rankings, this is still good for those of us who are isolated from the major smash epicenters and can finally get regular interaction with other people and not just the cpu

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
although i did sign the petition, i've always stated that Nintendo wouldn't let Smash go without online play, cause it would be a dumb move for them.

still, kudos to all this work you did. can't wait to face everyone online

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Ur dead for putting hat of the ICs Twighlight_hero lol
jk seriously though

I'm all over your Wii Number and getting my net Friday. GET YOUR LAN ****IT!

HAHAHAHA!

P.S. - All of you, I feel so happy I could Wobble you forever online. That's the closest thing I can do to hugging.

Enough of that. You're all goin down. I'll be on the week after it releases to do some pwning over Xmas holidays. My Wii # going up this weekend, and we need to set up a tourney amung us.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Ur dead for putting hat of the ICs Twighlight_hero lol
jk seriously though

Step no closer or I Hadouken Spin you.

I'm all over your Wii Number and getting my net Friday. GET YOUR LAN ****IT!

I'll try.

HAHAHAHA!

P.S. - All of you, I feel so happy I could Wobble you forever online. That's the closest thing I can do to hugging.

No...you can grab people with DK...

Enough of that. You're all goin down. I'll be on the week after it releases to do some pwning over Xmas holidays. My Wii # going up this weekend, and we need to set up a tourney amung us.
Hell yeah! I'll be sure to take my LAN adapter with me to Denver. You'll be seein' me a lot over Christmas break!

And we can have five-letter names now!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Dammit i just wanted at least a leader board... FFS one of the few games i have skill at and they don't even have a leader board RGH!

empty

Smash Cadet
no voice chat and no leaderboards and the most simplistic form of random play yet.

but atleast it is on ine....

there has to be some reason to play random. Can they PLEASE just alow you to enter a search for a specific skill level. like maybe you can set your skill level like the you would the computer and it finds opponents of similar level. It wont be perfect cause its player chosen, but at least you wont be playing newbs all day long, who will never get better because they lose so badly that they never want to play again.

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
Bull. I had no doubt in my mind that this would have some form of online play, my concerns were that it would A. Require friend codes B. Have no voice chat availability C. (most importantly) lag and D. would have a crappy random match up system like every other WiFi game Nintendo has made. Check, Check, Check, and Check. I'm dissapointed. At least companies like EA are stepping up and setting up their own online service to avoid some of these issues (although the voice chat issue can only be resolved by Nintendo... who knows what the hell they're thinking.) Honeslty, I'm fed up with this cry baby BS about child safety online. If parents are so **** concerned, they can take the proper measures to ensure their kids don't talk to strangers, or maybe, I don't know, don't let their kids use the headset. Nintendo is screwing over the majority of their fans to cover their own ***** and ensure that soccer mom's keep buying the system for their 8 year olds. I don't want to put in a 12 digit code so that I can enable some basic online features! I want to talk to my friends online! I want to trash talk! I want it to resemble being in a room with 4 friends playing a game of smash! There are some of us out there who actually enjoy the trash talk. There are some of us out there who know that if we don't like what's being said, we can turn off our headsets. Some part of me is glad that I at least don't have to play a computer when I'm by myself, but at the same time, this is online functionality that existed years ago. Time to get with the times Nintendo.

Oh well, for now instead of a fully implemented voice chat system, I'll have to settle for "You will be dunked"

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
I was expecting this update a lot. i got dissapointed. first i read "with friend" and "with anyone else" and i tought "sweet jesus!!!" then i read the rest... and cmon, no ranking system, and u dont even get to know the other players names!!! do we even get to chose a "level"??? or are we going te be thrown into battles with noobs all day???

i know, it says there are still more online modes to come, so that kinds of gives hope... but after reading this: "Your opponent will not know your name or any information about you, and neither of you can send short messages. There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play." is hard to believe that they will do something about it

if i wanna play with my friends, i can go to their houses, no wifi needed, if i wanna play with noobs i can play with my cousins, no wifi needed. if i wanna play with competitive smashers, i need wifi to find them, but now i know i wont even know their names, if i wanna know how good i am compared to the rest of the world i need an online ranking system, now i know i wont have it

some people are already making suggestions as using the friend codes to fight with good smashers, but the point is that this shouldnt be happening, the game shouldve had a great wifi mode, and it seems it wont be anywhere near that

and dont start throwing sh*t at me, cause were not talking about any company or any crappy game, this is nintendo and this is brawl, they can do waaaay better and u all know that

Frigid_Aztec

Smash Apprentice
few, I can put Brawl aside for now............

The only reason why I would check the updates everyday was for online play, and now that its happened............................ phew:laugh:

Waenke

Smash Cadet
Dammit i just wanted at least a leader board... FFS one of the few games i have skill at and they don't even have a leader board RGH!
Thank You! I was lookin for at least one person who saw what majorly dissapointed me. Gah, this is upsetting, what will be the point now besides beating people? I mean, come on nintendo, what r u thinking!?

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
Bread and butter, half those 'problems' aren't proven. You don't know how much it will lag, you don't IF it will lag at shorter distances, and you don't know how it'll feel if there IS lag. Also, in case you haven't been playing any online game there is always lag. Counterstrike has it, Halo has it, UT has it, Starcraft has it... the list goes on.

It's a problem that it requires friends codes?

Step 1

Get friends.

Step 2

Play with friends.

Step 2a

Enjoy playing with friends instead of random idiots you don't know, with little to no lag.

No voice chat? So? Do you want to PLAY or TALK? You've got 4 different messages to use while you play. What else do you need? It's not like communication is a big part of this game - even in team play. What do you want to say?

"OH MAN I JUST OWNED YOU!!"

Unnessecary. Keep in mind it's not Counterstrike where team coordination and communication is essential. We're talking abotu a game that is played based on the actual fighting, and the technique used. I've been playing Smash for a loong ****ing time, and I can think of NO instance when I absolutely needed to communicate with anyone, even in team battle. If you want, just determine your team's strategy outside of the game, and employ it during. You're drawing your disappointment from nothing.

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
No voice chat? So? Do you want to PLAY or TALK? You've got 4 different messages to use while you play. What else do you need? It's not like communication is a big part of this game - even in team play. What do you want to say?

"OH MAN I JUST OWNED YOU!!"

Unnessecary. Keep in mind it's not Counterstrike where team coordination and communication is essential. We're talking abotu a game that is played based on the actual fighting, and the technique used. I've been playing Smash for a loong ****ing time, and I can think of NO instance when I absolutely needed to communicate with anyone, even in team battle. If you want, just determine your team's strategy outside of the game, and employ it during. You're drawing your disappointment from nothing.
This is the only part I'll respond to. I don't think it's worth responding to the first half of your argument, because even you should be able to see how flawed it iswith a moments consideration.

No, voice chat is not "necessary", but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a much appreciated feature. I don't want voice chat so that I can plan out elaborate smash strategies, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to talk? To be able to discuss which stage to pick? Which match-ups you want to try? Maybe ask your friend how he pulled something off? Just talk to each other as friends do, laugh and have a good time? Nah, forget socializing. Let's elimiate every human aspect and just play each other like we were computers. This is a matter of convenience, not necessesity. Your entire argument could be summed up as "Yes, it's ****ty. Deal with it."

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I am so happy about this. My clan is now official, and anyone who wants to trade FCs, PM me. I'll be glad kick your *** with Zelda's left foot.

^^^Great point. Can we trade FCs?

People, you can chat on the phone or over the internet, FREE, so, why not have chat-mode? There's no reason. They should've included one.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I am so happy about this. My clan is now official, and anyone who wants to trade FCs, PM me. I'll be glad kick your *** with Zelda's left foot.

^^^Great point. Can we trade FCs?

People, you can chat on the phone or over the internet, FREE, so, why not have chat-mode? There's no reason. They should've included one.

can't wait to play you online, i also want to fight johnknight1.

and yes wiseguy. I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!11!!1!111!!!one

sorry, i just had too. i said you were being paranoid way back. :)

johnjoelw

Smash Cadet
I just find it funny all these children that think they know whats going on. NO there will not be WI-Fi play, DO you believe what was said a year ago! Ice climbers are going to be removed lol. Wahhh Lag WAhhhhh. HAHHAHAHAHAHA you PUNKS ARE MINE NOW! OOOO I can't wait now ONLINE play is dah shiiizzzzzzzittt!

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
I really didn't care about rankings for fighting random people, because I plan on using the friend feature way more. I would rather play against good people than some random scrub.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
This is the only part I'll respond to. I don't think it's worth responding to the first half of your argument, because even you should be able to see how flawed it iswith a moments consideration.

No, voice chat is not "necessary", but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a much appreciated feature. I don't want voice chat so that I can plan out elaborate smash strategies, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to talk? To be able to discuss which stage to pick? Which match-ups you want to try? Maybe ask your friend how he pulled something off? Just talk to each other as friends do, laugh and have a good time? Nah, forget socializing. Let's elimiate every human aspect and just play each other like we were computers. This is a matter of convenience, not necessesity. Your entire argument could be summed up as "Yes, it's ****ty. Deal with it."
More like you lack the mental capacity to respond.

You obviously don't understand the argument, which is the fact that we've been given what's been expected, and that features like voice chat aren't required - therefore you're being picky, and somewhat unrealistic. Also consider that 90% of the people on voice chat wouldn't be asking "Hey! Great move!! Teach me how! I love being friendly!!". It's more like slanderous yelling because that 14 year old on the other end can't stand your technique. You'd understand if you've played an online game to any degree of dedication. Even games like World of Warcraft which are based on friendly progression, and is governed by a set of rules preventing negative and hateful remarks is PACKED with trash-talk and immature or offensive statements from aforementioned 14 year olds. In fact, the new implementation of voice-chat in the game is generally not welcomed by players becasue of these things.

And honestly, I'm personaly not playing for social reasons. I'm playing to play a game. If I want to hang out with poeple I'll do it in reality, thank you.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
More like you lack the mental capacity to respond.

You obviously don't understand the argument, which is the fact that we've been given what's been expected, and that features like voice chat aren't required - therefore you're being picky, and somewhat unrealistic. Also consider that 90% of the people on voice chat wouldn't be asking "Hey! Great move!! Teach me how! I love being friendly!!". It's more like slanderous yelling because that 14 year old on the other end can't stand your technique. You'd understand if you've played an online game to any degree of dedication. Even games like World of Warcraft which are based on friendly progression, and is governed by a set of rules preventing negative and hateful remarks is PACKED with trash-talk and immature or offensive statements from aforementioned 14 year olds. In fact, the new implementation of voice-chat in the game is generally not welcomed by players becasue of these things.

And honestly, I'm personaly not playing for social reasons. I'm playing to play a game. If I want to hang out with poeple I'll do it in reality, thank you.
^ Agreed, though I hope chat is on before and after matches. And there is a option to have chat on as well before and after matches. Also, it'd be neat if you could talk to teammates, but it doesn't look like headesets will support team play, sadly. Aww well, we still get a darn good kick but online! Can't wait to show you the power of one of 4-6 of the 40 some odd characters I main! XD Now we need a petition for 2 vs. 2 headset support with teammates. Who's with me=???? :grin:

And as the old saying goes guys, "Better Safe Then Sorry". So technically, we saved Brawl's online! :grin: And ethan and SR, our clan is now 100% official. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom