• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHERS UNITE! ... in Celebration. Brawl is Online, and I'm just paranoid ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Idea #3 : Random Play. You just Connect to a region or country and you are force to play how ever is on the other end. like Mario Kart DS ( I pray that Nintendo doesnt do that.)
I hate that about online DS games. It sucks lol, they did it with Metroid Prime: Hunters and Star Fox as well. :(

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Mario kart Wii has 16 player online battle and race mode...

I hope this AT LEAST has 4 player VS mode (Online).

And all i need is 1. Random match set up 2. Set up battles with friends 3. Maybe a leader board of some sort.

Thats all i want from it...

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Um, leaderboards don't show the worst guy do they? LOL, not that I'm bad at smash, I thnk of my self as a good player, but that wuld suck 2 be on teh bottom of all registered wii's, don't you think? but i'm sure it doesn't show all players, just high ranking ones

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
P2P Kaillera's also the **** with SSB64, almost like playing on the real console. Almost. Surely Nintendo could implement a similar system? I don't care if online's 1v1, it'd still rock if done right!
Seroiusly. The Kaillera server I play on as of late is in New York, and I get 8 to 20 ping there. NJK...it's awsome! And I only have DSL... :) That's just some random good server, imagine wat Nintendo can do! :)

JohnKnight1, you have to realize that's not going to happen. Two players on the same console that want to use matchmaking would probably work so there wouldn't be a lot of online lag unless it rotates between player to player on who plays.
Ya I realize it won't happen. Online for 4 vs 4 let's hypothetically say it ***was confirmed***, it could work. Mario Kart Wii has 16 player online, and that will probably work. Nintendo has bank, and they'll spend it on Brawl's online, for sure! :) The 2 player probably won't have much lag if you have a DSL connection on up, for sure.

And hopefully I get through to the Nsiders, or at least some of them. We need all the support we can get. :)

Icephoenix231

Smash Cadet
Yeah man, I wanna do something about this.. Bad.

There are a lot of art boxes sportin a wifi logo... Think all of it is hopeful fanboy talk...?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
1. Just because someone can draw doesn't mean its real.
2. You actually trust those sites!?.
3. They wouldn't add the Wi-Fi logo anyway.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Did any of you guys read that thread where someone's brother asked a Nintendo representative and the representative said that Brawl isn't going to be online because the game would have to pushed to next year. I don't believe it, though.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Did any of you guys read that thread where someone's brother asked a Nintendo representative and the representative said that Brawl isn't going to be online because the game would have to pushed to next year. I don't believe it, though.
If you believed him EVEN for a second i feel sorry for you...

RazeveX

Smash Ace
if this doesnt get stickied, then i have lost all faith in smashboards.

This isnt spam; its protest!!!

:)

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919

yea dude i know this really SHOULD be stickied!

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Does anyone besides me and Luke Groundwalker think that Brawl having online is going to happen due to the Coro Coro magazine thread?

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Does anyone besides me and Luke Groundwalker think that Brawl having online is going to happen due to the Coro Coro magazine thread?
can i have a link to that thread?

i dont no man if its not officially announced by nintendo in most cases it is only speculation.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That is not the real box art people. Link's face looks retarted, we've seen that pose for Pit and Mario in the 2nd trailer, ZSS did that pose in the bottom pic of her confirmation, etc. Besides, wat f***ing idiot wouldn't have Bowser or Donkey Kong on their cover=??? Seriously, the real cover is going to have all the starters, for sure. Anyone who believes that is the real box art is in for a rude awakening. It's a good fake, but a bad real. In other words, Nintendo will have a much better cover, that doesn't have Link's face all blurry, and actually looks good when you look at it close up. So it's fake. END OF DISCUSSION! ;)

Edit: And Coro Coro has been wrong, they said that Famatsu would feature a Brawl online section, which it HAS NOT! Don't take anyone's word for it, until you see proof.

And lol at my post count [1,991]. Year I was born! XD

Edit 2:

You speak the truth my friend! :)

STICKY! STICKY! STICKY! STICKY!

Edit 3: *calms down, and stops editing* :grin:

Sash

Smash Apprentice
Erm... what's the big deal?

Quote from Sakurai:

"My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that,"

http://wii.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html

Edit: The reason Brawl Online wasn't mentioned at E3 '07 was because it was confirmed in early '06. Durh.

lukintosh

Smash Ace
Yep.

One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that

You believe the news Brawl was going to be in development that was announced more than ONE YEAR AGO?

johnjoelw

Smash Cadet
Siriously what is to those that just want to play 1player gmaes? if it goes online or not they are still going to play with them selves. Plus I was there when they anounced it. It is going online. This discussion should be over by now.

Really what we should be disscussing is how it will be implamented. Don't you agree?

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Hey, as long as we don't have to use those stupid Friend Codes to play against other people, i'm happy with however the online is going to work.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Hey, as long as we don't have to use those stupid Friend Codes to play against other people, i'm happy with however the online is going to work.
I agree completely. It should have like servers or something, maybe call them "Arenas". The hoster gets 2 play always, and then the next ones who join play next, while others watch, or maybe a server has a sort of room, where people can challenge others 2 matches at the same time as others are going on. I thnk that would work.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
When more than two people enter a single game (even as an observer), the lag increases exponentially.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I'm sure they could work something out. Other games have like 8 peeps at once, lik eMario Kart DS... Although, I AM aware that smash is a "bit" more complex than MK:DS, and would there fore probably lag more, but I think it could work. But, I'm not an expert on connections and such, so idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom