• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Our second best guy goes and ***** all of europe and almost beats the best player in the world, first ever PAL tourney. Europe, have fun talking trash while you still can lol.

Levingy

Smash Apprentice
Armada won 11-6, so it wasn't very close to be honest. That stated, PP did give a good fight and was able to take a set off of Armada, which have not happened in PAL-version for a long time. I was hyped and entertained, thanks to the tournament and the amazing players it had.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lol @ taking the total score and saying it wasn't close

Watch the goddamn matches, it was one of the tightest sets in recent big-name history

PP got BRUTALLY 4-0'd and then came back, pulled something entirely new from god-knows where, took a set definitively, and then was beaten in the rubber match 4-2, one bair away from moving it to 3-3. The fact that he lost the first set so badly is what makes it MORE intense, and taking the total and herpderping around as if armada calmly took two matches for every one win of PP's is ridiculous.

Levingy

Smash Apprentice
I watched the matches, no need to goddam me. Having beaten by 4-0 first and then winning one set by 4-3 is not the same as almost beating armada I think. After that he lost 4-2. They were very hype and interesting sets for sure, I loved every bit of it :).

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
On a serious note - I don't think there's any European who legitimately believes that EU is a better overall region than US. What's certainly true though is that EU has the best player in the world, which is, to be honest, more important. Having four great players won't help if they all lost to our sole great one.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Of course... ****, west coast could probably take on Europe lmao

saying Armada won 11-6 is so stupid. Armada won 2-1. Why say 11-6 when PP was 2 wins away from winning it all? Then PP would have "won" while being down 8-10 lol, it doesn't make sense, nor does it matter.

PP sucked *** the WF set, no johns. First set of GF he really had control and seemingly some newfound confidence. He had the 4 stock on game 7 and just decided to suicide lmao. I know mango got a laugh out of that

The **** was really close. Armada was almost as nervous at the end too, he started missing edgeguards and follow-ups he usually NEVER misses (omg I guess I'm johning for armada now since I simply pointed out the truth.... since if I were to do the same for mango or pp 234523 euros would say I'm johning, lol).

huMps

Smash Ace
We have more than 4 players who are better than all of europe minus Armada. Niko and HBK beat ICE at apex , the 3rd best placing European at this tournament. And Niko didn't even make bracket lol. Nothing against Niko and HBK of course, but the point is Armada is the best and America is stacked. Which actually makes Aramda way more impressive imo.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
We have more than 4 players who are better than all of europe -Armada. Niko and HBK beat ICE at apex , the 3rd best placing European at this tournament. And Niko didn't even make bracket lol. Nothing against Niko and HBK of course, but the point is Armada is the best and America is stacked. Which actually makes Aramda way more impressive imo.
Truth, but the same thing goes for The Nanney, evidentally Twitch practice is good enough to prepare him to take a set off armada? Lol. They both get respect in that dept. There is like no one in NC.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Who does Baxon play? how was it close?
falco ditto, came down to game 7, baxon's wins were all like 1 stock, maybe a 2, all pp's wins were like 3's and a 4 and a 2... or something. but it was close because it went to the last game and it's ****ing falco dittos lol

Renth

Smash Hero
Are we still to the point where we have to call people out for Where they are from, who they play with and so on? I figured by now everybody in the community would have formed mutual respect between America/Europe and its players.

Ah.. The flame train lives on

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
First of all, Peepee didn't **** everyone except Armada.

Secondly, he did great, in singles and doubles, and I hope to see him and other top level american players at european tournaments in the future.

Long live smash.

Bones0

Smash Legend
We can argue Europe vs. America all day, but at the end of the day, we have to accept that we are all awful compared to PP and Armada. :D

Tero.

Smash Champion
I really can't see any reason for this topic.
Not like Europe is actually implying we're better overall.
In fact we know that all of our best players have been to the US and didn't place good apart from Armada.
Can't deny the fact that Armada currently IS #1 in the world tho.

It would be really cool if there wouldn't be so much hate within the melee community (we have brawl for that, remember?)
+ I'd appreciate if more US players come to EU and vince versa.

Battlecow

Play to Win
No one denies that Armada's the best in the world

no one denies that baxon-PP was close

No one denies that America > EU (I'd add "in smash" here, but I think we're all mature enough to accept the truth)

There's no hate here, lol. We're talking about one set. One really good set that happened this morning, and that hopefully stokes the fires of friendly-but-not-too-friendly national rivalry to levels of hype previously only dreamed of.

The Star King

Smash Hero
What's the point of this thread?

Well, I know, of course, to start flame wars. But I want to see what ACE claims.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It's about melee. And I wanted to discuss the result of the tournament. So I posted in melee discussion. If you don't want to see "dumb" threads, I'd avoid this section altogether. But if you feel that swinging by the special olympics to tell everyone that they look ******** sounds like a fun time, then sure, keep coming to MD lmao. This is the place for you.

I actually thought this **** would be locked within 5 mins and just wanted to send a message to all the anti-american euros lol

Jonas

Smash Champion
Yeah

Regardless of the outcome some idiot is invariably going to be butthurt enough to make a thread about it just to complain/john/gloat.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah

Regardless of the outcome some idiot is invariably going to be butthurt enough to make a thread about it just to complain/john/gloat.
lol whatever dude, a small degree of **** talk keeps competition alive and helps encourage people to travel. This wasn't a complaint, a john, or a gloat.... Unless you want to say I johned for armada lmfao, please do that.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Whatever you call it, you certainly did bring more fresh salt into the community. If you think that's helpful, then by all means keep it up lol.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
lol whatever dude, a small degree of **** talk keeps competition alive and helps encourage people to travel. This wasn't a complaint, a john, or a gloat.... Unless you want to say I johned for armada lmfao, please do that.
This isn't a friendly insult meant to generate hype- you posted that a certain country was inferior to another, even though a European did take first AGAIN.

You're acting like an ******* man, and we need less people like you around.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I've brought more to this community than you ever will, lol. Who are you btw?

Btw: any mods that give a damn (sorry to narrow it down so drastically), feel free to lock this. I had no idea this would be alive more than 5 mins. Next time I'll throw in a link to 2 girls 1 cup.

This isn't a friendly insult meant to generate hype- you posted that a certain country was inferior to another, even though a European did take first AGAIN.

You're acting like an ******* man, and we need less people like you around.
At this point you are just being a pu$$y lol. Shut the **** up you little *****. I never said anyone was inferior or superior to anyone else. We need less people like YOU around, that have contributed NOTHING to this community rofl. **** you.

past_b

Smash Apprentice
Before the thread is closed, can someone please link me the vids and results?

:phone:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I don't think this weekend proved anything in terms of Europe vs USA. What I learned is that all the top top players (Armada, Mango, PP, Hbox, Mew2King) are capable of stepping up their game and legitimately challenging any of the others. If you think the Armada vs PP Grand Finals sets weren't close, then either you weren't watching or you're delusional.

X17the17th

Smash Cadet
^We already knew that since Beast 2.
I'm glad PP won a set and that the games were so close, 'cause Armada is going to step his game up even more.
I'm also glad Armada won the tournament, that means Mango is going to come to Europe (he said so on the stream chat).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom