• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers Reunion 2! 31.March - 3.April (big European tournament in Norway!)

Martelinj

Smash Apprentice
Whey, this is going to be an awesome tournament, really looking forward to it :D
And Norway is a pretty cool place too ;D ;D ;D

my first post here ever btw XD

Hansi

Smash Cadet
Whey, this is going to be an awesome tournament, really looking forward to it :D
And Norway is a pretty cool place too ;D ;D ;D

my first post here ever btw XD

omg marte D:

YOU GUYS GOTTA NOW THIS!!!

Marte is teh most skilled _female_ smash player from Norway.. <3

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
what's the estimated money for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place?
I want to see if i can atleast make my money back from this,

tickets are around $1500

also is this the same tournament that CJ, Masashi and Hiko going too? or is that the french one?

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
Ken: I'm not a tourney host or anything, but I guess you'd get around $500 for winning singles. So no, I don't think you could get your money back from that. However, a lot of people would be willing to money match you just to get a chance to play you. You'd be able to make some money on that. I know that if you decide to come, I'd make my VERY best to come too (although it seems real hard), and I'd MM you for something like $10.

Not wanting to trash anyone's hopes, but... you'd be better of coming during the summer, so you could attend RoS4 and AFC4 (is that what the Dutch tournament is called?). Those 2 will be MAJOR European tournaments, and you'd have A) a much better chance of getting your money back, B) a better chance to enjoy Europe during the very nice summer months. If you can't make it to Europe in July, I understand.

CJ, Masashi and hiko are planning on attending the French tournament, not this. Last but not least, I'm happy to see that you are at the very least considering coming to a European tourney. Hope you'll make it.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
They are problary going to the French one.
Prizes after current course:

Singles:
1. - 550$
2. - 300$
3. - 100$
4. - 50$
5. - 12$

Teams:
1. - 407$
2. - 222$
3. - 73$
4. - 16$

LT Singles:
1. - 82$
2. - 45$
3. - 16$

LT Teams:
1. - 55$
2. - 30$
3. - 10$

A bit rounded off, but not more than under half an dollar. The prizes might get a little bit higher. The entrence prize are now 41$, but I can understand that the flight get pretty expensive.

If you win all the tournaments you'll get 821(teams parted), so no you won't get your money back. At least I hope you will still come, now that Nihonjen(how do you spell it?) are showing interess.

And yeah, you would problary earn some money on moneymatching.

Luma

Smash Lord
as telpefion said many ppl would money match u just to have the chance to play against you, i am pretty sure i can lose 10-20 bugs to you ^^

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Ken: I'm pretty sure I found tickets for 1050$ yesterday(From Burbank in California). But the question is: Which airport are you going to use? I'll gladly help you finding cheaper plane tickets. And yes, lots of people will MM you just for the sake of playing against you, so I think you'll get big parts of your money back. And, of course, I can ask the norwegian dudes if they wanna donate some money to you. In that case, I can donate 10$.

Again, tell me which airport you're going to use, I'm sure there are cheaper tickets...

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
I'm interested in going since I found cheap tickets ! is it ok to arrive at the Oslo airport where ryanair is? ^^
I should be coming from march 30th and leaving april 4th early in the morning (I'll probably have to sleep at the airport but meh it doesn't matter I've already done that XD). If I can have housing and such, I guess it's ok, so just tell me if it's ok and I'll book :)
cya :)

Madlobster

Smash Apprentice
=/

Why would you wanna record losers quarterfinals? O__o
its always fun to see nooby players make fun of theirselvs :D

btw ken, if you eat the fantastic norwegian traditional food smalahove, everyone at the tournament will give you 20 bucks :D

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I'm interested in going since I found cheap tickets ! is it ok to arrive at the Oslo airport where ryanair is? ^^
I should be coming from march 30th and leaving april 4th early in the morning (I'll probably have to sleep at the airport but meh it doesn't matter I've already done that XD). If I can have housing and such, I guess it's ok, so just tell me if it's ok and I'll book :)
cya :)
I can house you, I got lots of space! :)
Just tell when you will arrive, and I'll pick you up ;)
And my phone number is (+47) 481 34 661, if you should need it.

its always fun to see nooby players make fun of theirselvs :D

btw ken, if you eat the fantastic norwegian traditional food smalahove, everyone at the tournament will give you 20 bucks :D
I believe smalahove tastes like the scottish "haggis", or maybe worse...

Hansi

Smash Cadet
I believe smalahove tastes like the scottish "haggis", or maybe worse...

I Belive it taste worse... considered that "Haggis" are boiled sheepguts, and "smalahove" is just a boiled sheepHEAD.... we are talking brains and everything!..

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
If all the 46 people who have signed up as participants shows up, the prizes will be:

Singles
1st place. 3370 NOK, 3850 SEK, 550$, 416 Euro
2nd place. 1835 NOK, 2100 SEK, 300$, 227 Euro
3rd place. 615 NOK, 700 SEK, 100$, 76 Euro
4th place. 305 NOK, 350 SEK, 50$, 38 Euro
5th place. 75 NOK, 85 SEK, 12.50$, 9.50 Euro
5th place. 75 NOK, 85 SEK, 12.50$, 9.50 Euro

Teams
1st place. 2755 NOK, 3150 SEK, 450$, 340 Euro
2nd place. 1380 NOK, 1575 SEK, 225$, 170 Euro
3rd place. 460 NOK, 525 SEK, 75$, 57 Euro
4th place. 100 NOK, 115 SEK, 16.50$, 12.50 Euro

Low-Tier Singles
1st place. 550 NOK, 630 SEK, 90$, 68 Euro
2nd place. 275 NOK, 315 SEK, 45$, 34 Euro
3rd place. 95 NOK, 105 SEK, 15$, 11.50 Euro

Low-Tier Teams
1st place. 365 NOK, 420 SEK, 60$, 45 Euro
2nd place. 185 NOK, 210 SEK, 30$, 23 Euro
3rd place. 60 NOK, 70 SEK, 10$, 7.50 Euro

But remember, it's 28 people on the "want to, but ain't sure if they can attend"- list.
So the prizes may become much more.

Hansi

Smash Cadet
This good:
<---------------------------------->

yeah.. well... I'm THIS good:

<_______-________________>

My line is on the ground, and one frame is in the air.. that's some good **** right there

Btw, just so you non-Norwegian knows.. **** is NOT legal in Norway, so I would not recommend doing it... ^^'

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Just so people know:
We do NOT use euro in Norway, so make sure you change your money to NOK (Norwegian Kroner).

Oh, and I got bad news for you alcoholics out there:
Alcohol is NOT allowed.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
What bery says is very true.
And also, please do not smoke there ^^; If u have to, go outside.

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
You can come with suggestion for music if you want to, like we other have. Easier to get in with rock/metal, since 90% of the Norwegian smashers listen to that.
Tips: Don't try with Basshunter.

And smoking outside, with 50 people there will problary be some smokers there.

Top Bottom