• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SmashDash!!] - I HAVE BRAWL! YES, A DELAY :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Good timing, SMYN is out at pretty much the same time, nice!

I heard Panda's contribution when I was recording SMYN at his place yesterday and I love how you seem to put the right images with it. The guest thing could really turn out to be something great!!

"WHAT THE -- !" Niiiiice. :)

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
the 2nd episode was okay.....

but, that guy's voice sounded way too forced. Not natural sounding. I kept thinking, "god, this guy needs to poop it out already!"

Also, even though, yes, I have humor and understand it, too, there was unnecessary homophobic humor in there. I know, "it's a joke!" but being queer myself (bisexual actually) as well as being a firm believer and an active public defender of the queer community, those little "gay jokes" are so immature, ignorant, and reminds me of how backward the United States has become. "Omg, Link brushed his hair! He must be gay!" ...oh my god! taboo!!!

It would be as if I made jokes based on blacks, "Link has a dark costume?! He must be a theif...those darn blacks!" Oh but it's okay! Because it's just humor! yeah, i'm being ignorant and not really that funny, but I'm being humorous...c'mon! laugh! It's okay! I'm only inadvertently making these issues taboo again despite all the movements those who struggle with these issues on a daily basis are trying to get rid of this mentality.

This 3rd episode is where I stop watching. Homophobic humor is not okay, it's not funny (even if I were straight), and it's immature.

(i'm not trying to be politically correct, oh hell no. i just dont find that to be humorous at all, along with it, it's not okay. But if you think it's funny and okay, then maybe I should come up with jokes about 9/11, and the terrorists, and the buildings on fire, and how okay it is to make fun of the grieving public with ashes on their face...yeah, that's hilarious too when people joke about that.)

Florida

イーグランツ
Rofl @ the Ice Climbers scene.
'Twas another great week for SmashDash! Good job 2nd!

Watching that flipper makes me dizzy :dizzy:

Rosadiddly

Smash Cadet
This was GREAT as usual!!!!! I wonder how much work gets put into this :O
It looks really pro for just a hobby/ontheside project :)

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Colenstien explains: Donkey shows.
Donkey Kong repeatedly taunts and then punch's you into the next time zone......... wait what did you think I meant?

But no, very good again 2nd looking forward to more episodes.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Sir, I am not easily impressed, but this was incredible.

If you ever happen to need a speaker who is German and has a knack for melodramatic crap lines, give me a call.
It has to happen some day.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
I felt that there was... something... missing from the latest episode. I dunno, maybe there just wasn't as many random gags, and the SamuraiPanda Explains tangent didn't really make sense.

Still though, awesome work to all of you guys. I'm already looking foward to next week's. :)

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
When Captain Falcon is confirmed, I have a few jokes to go along with it.
You shall all pray to your god, Sakurai, for Captain Falcon to here these jokes.

For now however, tell us what you think of this; http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/SmashDash
TY to EGRuntz for making the original page and helping with the editing also, it has turned out quite nicely so far.

Also: Where the hell is our sticky? We've done technically 6 episodes (One being a double episode), and we've got a lot left to pull out until the release date of brawl. Which to be honest we don't know if it IS definite. Sakurai might mind game us again.

This topic deserves a sticky. But it's up to you wonderful moderators to give us the sticky.

/End Suck Up.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I hated this episode because:

1. You made fun of Stafy, and he was my most-wanted character (next to King Dedede).

2. Seal clubbing is bad. No, seriously, it's just bad. Even though the Ice Climbers apparently did it in the Japanese versions of their games, seal clubbing is just plan bad, and nothing can make up for it.

NOT EVEN EPIC MUSIC!!!

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
SmashDash>Show Me Ya Moves

Period.

Rotation: Hillarious.

Genius...

LOL ICE CLIMBER ROCK BAND

Snaking joke ftw.

SamuraiPanda jokes and Youko jokes: For the win.

ON UR DOJO MAKIN BAD UPDATES

That was the hilights for the whole Ep 5.

I still think you should do we Mama Luigi music thing.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
GREAT episode.

I know every week, a lot of people say "That was the best episode yet.", and I usually thought they were all equally good until now, but I actually think today's episode was the best one.

Good job, 2nd. Keep up the good work. I wish I coulda had a mention though :'(

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
Call me crazy but those little guest segments are mostly irrelevant and unfunny.

Other then that. I thought it was good.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Nice episode. Though what was up with Waluigi being playable part? I mean come on... it has the item icon :O

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
Pretty good but alot more whiny than usual. I wanna hand the announcer a tissue.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Rofl, I herd u liek em.
That game deletion scared the crap out of me. The Ice Climber thing was REALLY impressive.

OMG SAMURAI PANDA CAMEO.

Lmfao good job 2nd. Such a bad week, and you made it hilarious. The text in the Stafy update was really weird.

Also, the music cuts out at the menu again, is there any alternative?

FallenAngelPit

Smash Apprentice
why, of all the irrelevent, useless items, do you choose the FLIPPER!?!? make like, a bombomb getting red then exploding.
anyways, VERY FUNNY. I LOVE THESE THINGS!!!

farewell :cool:

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
2nd Stamp is a genius. Each week gets better and better. What unique and funny ideas.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
For some reason my computer made my account double post. Sorry guys, I didn't mean to.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I loved the episode especially the part with SP, I rofl. It's so true! Good work 2nd stamp. Can't wait for next week.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
I hated this episode because:

1. You made fun of Stafy, and he was my most-wanted character (next to King Dedede).

2. Seal clubbing is bad. No, seriously, it's just bad. Even though the Ice Climbers apparently did it in the Japanese versions of their games, seal clubbing is just plan bad, and nothing can make up for it.

NOT EVEN EPIC MUSIC!!!
By all means, but I do not controll what the guests are saying. I just make the animation. PLease know that the guest part is not scripted. And making fun of Stafy? :p Come on, you can't hate an episode because we make fun of your favourite character.. Because we make fun of everything..

the 2nd episode was okay.....

but, that guy's voice sounded way too forced. Not natural sounding. I kept thinking, "god, this guy needs to poop it out already!"

Also, even though, yes, I have humor and understand it, too, there was unnecessary homophobic humor in there. I know, "it's a joke!" but being queer myself (bisexual actually) as well as being a firm believer and an active public defender of the queer community, those little "gay jokes" are so immature, ignorant, and reminds me of how backward the United States has become. "Omg, Link brushed his hair! He must be gay!" ...oh my god! taboo!!!

It would be as if I made jokes based on blacks, "Link has a dark costume?! He must be a theif...those darn blacks!" Oh but it's okay! Because it's just humor! yeah, i'm being ignorant and not really that funny, but I'm being humorous...c'mon! laugh! It's okay! I'm only inadvertently making these issues taboo again despite all the movements those who struggle with these issues on a daily basis are trying to get rid of this mentality.

This 3rd episode is where I stop watching. Homophobic humor is not okay, it's not funny (even if I were straight), and it's immature.

(i'm not trying to be politically correct, oh hell no. i just dont find that to be humorous at all, along with it, it's not okay. But if you think it's funny and okay, then maybe I should come up with jokes about 9/11, and the terrorists, and the buildings on fire, and how okay it is to make fun of the grieving public with ashes on their face...yeah, that's hilarious too when people joke about that.)
Alright, then I guess this thread issn't for you and I request you to leave.

http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/SmashDash

Oh man! Wow! It looks amazing! Thanks so much. It's really something I and Ian appreatiate alot. I'll be sure to add this and all other people who have the Episodes on their sites in the next episode.

2nd for guest!

:(

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
jupiter said:
Y'know, I think you need to lighten up a bit. Or GTFO of the thread. Or maybe both.

Anyway, 2nd, another fantastic episode. Looking forward to next week's.

Edit: Oh, and Jupiter? I found the yo' momma clan comment offensive. Can you please excise it from your profile and put in a more proper name (maybe even a real one)? It's absolutely sexist and demeaning. Kkthx.

/sarcasm

Smooth Criminal

Weed

Smash Lord
I' m surprised you can make such lame updates funny. Keep em going
"i herd u liek em"<--lulz

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
2nd Stamp.

I have a few examples on what you can do for music updates

Youtube Poopish
Meme Remix
Techno
Moar Bill Cosby

and such
Hahaha. :p

Yeah, I mean, Sakurai is lenghtening the updates, so we've had a music update every week now. Wich is a little too much, but ok. I really like the music, asside the fact it's all midi, exept for FE theme.

I guess I'll take your suggestions into account, but you never know what might pop out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom