• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBros Website Information

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Smashboards alive again? Maybe? Well, I suppose we have Peach now, and yeah. Haha.
I guess veterans are being announced first to get who we know are returning out of the way. Also It seems odd they made it a point that the moves are not finalized yet when they released peach, so I guess they are adding them in and tweaking them later.

Gormanbros

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-3869-4592
Well, my guess is
October-Pokémon Character, most likely Pokémon Trainer or Jigglypuff. I'm leaning Jigglypuff, however, mainly because Sakurai has talked about the whole multiple-character programming thing on the 3DS, but either one I see likely. Mewtwo, Lucario, or any other Pokémon are probably very unlikely to be starting characters.

November-Zelda. For the reasons said above.

December-Diddy Kong, for DKC: Tropical Freeze.

Idk for 2014. Time will tell.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Newcomers won't be revealed on the site. Sakurai mentioned he wanted to make intro videos for new characters during the interview about no story mode/cutscenes. Only expect newcomers during a nintendo direct imo.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
daily.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this not a new stage? It looks like an F-Zero stage to me, with the platform behind her head reminiscent of previous F-Zero stages. The background, however, looks like clouds...? I also could be some sort of Kid Icarus stage, I suppose.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I dunno...
Look for the plataform style, is just battlefied.
I know you don't want to face the truth of a useless daily pic, sorry bro.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Could that mean BF transforms its background like FD now? Wasn't it in front of a floating ruined city before?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's probably just a close-up during a transition of background lighting with no ruins in that section of the background. Link is covering one though, you can see it behind him.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Sakurai leaves a usefull information in Miiverse that says the charged move(neutral-B) from Samus is now faster and much more stronger, something that could be dangerous to herself.
Damn you Spammus.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Toon Link is back.
Sakurai said that no character could appear in the scenario and game(fighter) at the same time BUT...
He tr00ls again. Welcome back, Toon Link!

Dudemaster47

Smash Cadet
alright, so we've got Toon Link once more! Wonder if he'll remain a Link clone, or if he'll receive a few moveset changes (Hurricane Spin attack somewhere maybe)?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Toon Link is back.
Sakurai said that no character could appear in the scenario and game(fighter) at the same time BUT...
He tr00ls again. Welcome back, Toon Link!
Well... the whole "link timeline" shows that there are multiple links... so I guess maybe it's a special case?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I'm glad he did this. The Wind Waker HD remake is freaking awesome, I have it for my Wii U. He deserved to be in again. :)

Gormanbros

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-3869-4592
This made my day. As a Toon Link main, I was disappointed to see him as a background character at E3. But here he is! I'm so excited that he returned!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
View attachment 2513
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this not a new stage? It looks like an F-Zero stage to me, with the platform behind her head reminiscent of previous F-Zero stages. The background, however, looks like clouds...? I also could be some sort of Kid Icarus stage, I suppose.

It's Battlefield. When Sakurai wants to show off a new stage, he does so in the Pilotwings / Kid Icarus / Pyrosphere style. By taking a pic of a general shot of the whole thing.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
More than 24 hours without a SSB4 picture...
Maybe another surprise?

Gormanbros

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-3869-4592
So my theory is that because of how Brawl turned out, Link hired Donkey Kong to kill off Toon Link so that he wouldn't be lower on the tier list than Toon Link.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
When shall we expect newcomers?
Likely after the other veterans have been shown, which seems to happen on certain occasions, like Toon Link being revealed around the time of Wind Waker HD.

And :rolleyes: @ your signature statement.

Xiloh

Smash Cadet
^you are very wrong^ 3 dbz fan posts in a row, but seriously I'm more excited about new mechanics more than anything :D

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hmmm... Well, anyone expecting more pics of Toon Link? Today's is Link and Toon Link clashing in all of it's comic book-cartoon epicness!!!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You're about 50 minutes too early.

And for the record, the last time they revealed anything Smash-related during a Direct, they did 2 updates (one "fake" and one real)

Top Bottom