• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBros Website Information

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Looking at the video I'm almost (repeat, almost) more excited at what Megaman did just before he appeared. His land was very fast, and stylised... L-canceling confirmed?

EDIT: My bad, re-watched it, it's just a tech out...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
SONIC'S BACK!!!

And from the looks of it, he's sporting the same moves from Brawl.

As long as Down+B is spindash, all's good. :D

Gormanbros

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-3869-4592
This is kinda crazy, I think. Toon Link and Sonic not even a week apart. I mean, I'm loving it, but still kinda crazy. Haha. Hype Machine is really firing though.

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
Not only was Sonic revealed, but in case you haven't noticed, Sakurai kind if revealed a new stage in the process. It is a Sonic stage that looks to be based off of Sonic Lost World.

Gormanbros

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-3869-4592
Yeah, the Windy Hill Zone. It looks great, as does every other stage really. Looking forward to playing on it. :)

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Not only was Sonic revealed, but in case you haven't noticed, Sakurai kind if revealed a new stage in the process. It is a Sonic stage that looks to be based off of Sonic Lost World.

Yeah, he does that with all guest-characters!

I'm really curious though, because Sakurai has made talk about cutting roster due to the "3DS' limits". It would seem Toon Link and Sonic, Toon Link at least, wouldn't make the cut if that's the case; and I only include Sonic in this because of his similarly colored counter-part, Megaman (the two are in a comic series together, though, so that could contribute). Not to say I'm not overjoyed about their inclusion! It just makes me feel like Project Sora, having released the two semi-unlikely characters so close to each other, has a lot more up their sleeve than we might think.

I'm still a little doubtful about Snake's return, though. This is based on one premise alone: I can only assume that in a game sporting Mario, Sonic, and Megaman, the inclusion of Pac-Man is inevitable. However, I highly doubt Nintendo would want there to be a Nintendo fighting game where you could have an entire match without a single Nintendo character (Sonic, Snake, Megaman, Pac-Man). I feel as though we will be choosing between Pac-Man or Snake. I could be very wrong, of course, in which case, I'll be very happy. ^.^

There is also, obviously, the chance that Pac-Man won't make it; or that someone else will.

MAGRWolfX

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3100-1586
Yeah, he does that with all guest-characters!

I'm really curious though, because Sakurai has made talk about cutting roster due to the "3DS' limits". It would seem Toon Link and Sonic, Toon Link at least, wouldn't make the cut if that's the case; and I only include Sonic in this because of his similarly colored counter-part, Megaman (the two are in a comic series together, though, so that could contribute). Not to say I'm not overjoyed about their inclusion! It just makes me feel like Project Sora, having released the two semi-unlikely characters so close to each other, has a lot more up their sleeve than we might think.

I'm still a little doubtful about Snake's return, though. This is based on one premise alone: I can only assume that in a game sporting Mario, Sonic, and Megaman, the inclusion of Pac-Man is inevitable. However, I highly doubt Nintendo would want there to be a Nintendo fighting game where you could have an entire match without a single Nintendo character (Sonic, Snake, Megaman, Pac-Man). I feel as though we will be choosing between Pac-Man or Snake. I could be very wrong, of course, in which case, I'll be very happy. ^.^

There is also, obviously, the chance that Pac-Man won't make it; or that someone else will.
Well, you can already have a match without a single Nintendo character in Brawl if you pick an all Snake or all Sonic match, so it really doesn't matter. But I do believe three third party characters are enough, for now.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Well, you can already have a match without a single Nintendo character in Brawl if you pick an all Snake or all Sonic match, so it really doesn't matter. But I do believe three third party characters are enough, for now.

Oh wow, yeah, I didn't even take mirror matches into account. You make a great point.

I think three is a good solid number, but something tells me they're going to cap it off at four - with your point in mind. We'll see! I'm stoked for the game regardless of what happens. It's interesting that Yoshi hasn't been announced yet, though. Probably to avoid too many Mushroom Kingdom characters so close together, even though Luigi and Peach were announced one after the other.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh wow, yeah, I didn't even take mirror matches into account. You make a great point.

I think three is a good solid number, but something tells me they're going to cap it off at four - with your point in mind. We'll see! I'm stoked for the game regardless of what happens. It's interesting that Yoshi hasn't been announced yet, though. Probably to avoid too many Mushroom Kingdom characters so close together, even though Luigi and Peach were announced one after the other.
Maybe... maybe... just maybe... it is because Yoshi has transformed into the magnificent YARN YOSHI!

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Maybe... maybe... just maybe... it is because Yoshi has transformed into the magnificent YARN YOSHI!

Oh, please no... haha I do imagine Yoshi will be one of the next four character releases though.

Looking at the characters announced so far, and I know it's far too early too contrive such patterns as I'm about to, I'm thinking every fifth character announcement will be a big one. I mean, we got Olimar, Luigi, Peach, Toon Link and then the return of Sonic. I don't know, just a guess.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I thinking that this will be the list of characters announced:
Jigglypuff (X and Y, of course!)
Some newcomer (Just got that feeling)
Yoshi (It'd be about time)
Zelda or ZSS (Could use either by now. Plus, we know Samus has the Zero Laser. ZSS is inevitable)

Morbi

Scavenger
Zelda or ZSS (Could use either by now. Plus, we know Samus has the Zero Laser. ZSS is inevitable)
I think that this will be the list of characters announced:
Jigglypuff (X and Y, of course)
Jigglypuff (Just got that feeling)
Jigglypuff (it'd be about time)
Jigglypuff or Jigglypuff (Could use either by now. Plus, we know that Jigglypuff has the Jiggly Puff. JP is inevitable)

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice

haha Sorry to crush your dreams, but Jigglypuff, C. Falcon, and Ness almost inevitably won't be announced until after the game's release in Japan, since they are always secret fighters - since the original. I know what you're probably thinking, Luigi was announced and he's a hidden fighter. That, however, was only due to it being the Year of Luigi right now and, in fact, that was Iwata's call, not Sakurai's.

Same situation goes with characters like Marth.

There has to be a Pokemon character soon, though.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Young Link and Toon Link were both secret characters as well, and yet Toon Link was still shown.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Young Link and Toon Link were both secret characters as well, and yet Toon Link was still shown.

Not true, the game was already out in Japan when Toon Link was announced for Brawl. Obviously, there are some exemptions like Sonic, since he's a guest fighter, and a major selling point for the game. Chances are that as of now Toon Link is planned to be a starter character for SSB4, or Sakurai was asked to release him early to help propel the sales of Wind Waker HD; this scenario can be assumed since Sonic was announced so soon after.

Morbi

Scavenger
haha Sorry to crush your dreams, but Jigglypuff, C. Falcon, and Ness almost inevitably won't be announced until after the game's release in Japan, since they are always secret fighters - since the original. I know what you're probably thinking, Luigi was announced and he's a hidden fighter. That, however, was only due to it being the Year of Luigi right now and, in fact, that was Iwata's call, not Sakurai's.

Same situation goes with characters like Marth.

There has to be a Pokemon character soon, though.
You didn't crush his dreams. You crushed mine. :jigglypuffmelee:

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm sorry, Morbid, I offer an e-hug. </3
I accept the e-hug.

In a strange way I trust your opinions, though, so, what do you bet: will we get another character this week like usual? Or did Sonic and Toon Link throw us off?
I most definitely think we will get another character this week. My heart says Jigglypuff, but you can never trust a woman's heart. It will probably be Lucario or Pokemon Trainer. :urg:

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
I accept the e-hug.

I most definitely think we will get another character this week. My heart says Jigglypuff, but you can never trust a woman's heart. It will probably be Lucario or Pokemon Trainer. :urg:

Yeah, I agree about the Pokemon! I was actually thinking Pokemon Trainer as well.

Sakurai said that Mewtwo might make a return during a public conference right after the announcement at E3. Something tells me that if Mewtwo does return Lucario will be dropped. I love them both to death so my heart is unhappy.......

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Not true, the game was already out in Japan when Toon Link was announced for Brawl. Obviously, there are some exemptions like Sonic, since he's a guest fighter, and a major selling point for the game. Chances are that as of now Toon Link is planned to be a starter character for SSB4, or Sakurai was asked to release him early to help propel the sales of Wind Waker HD; this scenario can be assumed since Sonic was announced so soon after.
I stopped dreaming long ago. If that comes with sleeping. :tired:

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
Yeah, I agree about the Pokemon! I was actually thinking Pokemon Trainer as well.

Sakurai said that Mewtwo might make a return during a public conference right after the announcement at E3. Something tells me that if Mewtwo does return Lucario will be dropped. I love them both to death so my heart is unhappy.......
The thing is, if Mewtwo were to come back, would he be a veteran? Or a newcomer? And would he come in his original and be able to change to his new forms? Or will he debut in his new form(s)?

I agree about Mewtwo and Lucario. Both are pretty great characters. So I'm either way with them. But I think the reason only one of the two would make the cut is because the have very similar, if not identical move sets. I think and hope that some sort of pokemon character will be revealed. We shall see.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If a character has been playable in Smash before, they're a veteran. Mewtwo would be a veteran.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
The thing is, if Mewtwo were to come back, would he be a veteran? Or a newcomer? And would he come in his original and be able to change to his new forms? Or will he debut in his new form(s)?

I agree about Mewtwo and Lucario. Both are pretty great characters. So I'm either way with them. But I think the reason only one of the two would make the cut is because the have very similar, if not identical move sets. I think and hope that some sort of pokemon character will be revealed. We shall see.

I agree with everything you said. And Pokemon have a good chance of appearing this week for Smash because X and Y are out like this week.

And yeah, Mewtwo would be a veteran, unless they went with his new form, I suppose.

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
I agree with everything you said. And Pokemon have a good chance of appearing this week for Smash because X and Y are out like this week.

And yeah, Mewtwo would be a veteran, unless they went with his new form, I suppose.
Exactly. The only reason I thought he might not be veteran is because he wasn't in Brawl. But he still is a veteran. Just one that missed out on a game. Thanks. All we can do is wait and see what Sakurai does this time around. ;)

Morbi

Scavenger
Exactly. The only reason I thought he might not be veteran is because he wasn't in Brawl. But he still is a veteran. Just one that missed out on a game. Thanks. All we can do is wait and see what Sakurai does this time around. ;)
He is a veteran with special circumstances. I like to call him a returning veteran (although I think that this may be what Sakurai calls every veteran). I do think we should coin a different term. Obviously he is a veteran; however, he will be a newcomer to many and he was absent a game. I think something like Reintroduced Veteran might work. I don't even know what I am getting at.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
He is a veteran with special circumstances. I like to call him a returning veteran (although I think that this may be what Sakurai calls every veteran). I do think we should coin a different term. Obviously he is a veteran; however, he will be a newcomer to many and he was absent a game. I think something like Reintroduced Veteran might work. I don't even know what I am getting at.

If Sakurai does want to coin a new term, he will probably go with something like "New Veteran". Being absent a game, you could assume his move-set to differ anyway. But they could also go with the new Mew, like Ultra Mewtwo or whatever it is, which would technically count as a newcomer.

Gormanbros

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-3869-4592
Well, I'm hopeful that we'll get someone Thursday or Friday. I'm calling this week Pokémon week with my friends, because of X and Y this weekend, and a confirmed Pokémon Trainer/Mewtwo/Jigglypuff/Lucario/Eevee (one can hope, right?) in Smash 4 would be a great way to end the week.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, I'm hopeful that we'll get someone Thursday or Friday. I'm calling this week Pokémon week with my friends, because of X and Y this weekend, and a confirmed Pokémon Trainer/Mewtwo/Jigglypuff/Lucario/Eevee (one can hope, right?) in Smash 4 would be a great way to end the week.
Would you be opposed to Jigglypuff being the character revealed? I also like the idea of Eevee, that is pretty original.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice

Yeah, I agree. I think it will either be a newcoming pocket monster or Pokemon Trainer; something surprising or cool.

Gormanbros

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-3869-4592
Would you be opposed to Jigglypuff being the character revealed? I also like the idea of Eevee, that is pretty original.
No, I'd love Jigglypuff. It's one of my favorite characters to play as in Melee. It would be the least exciting of all of the possible Pokémon vets to be confirmed, sure, but I'd love to see any of them. :) And yeah, I'd love to play as Eevee.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
I'd actually love to see Meowth become playable. Or, since every game adds at least one villain (still holding out for King K. Rool) it would be sweet to have one of the evil Pokemon trainers, as kind of an anti-Pokemon Trainer from Brawl, with Meowth and two other "bad" Pokemon.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Today pic shows Pit cutting a Samus missile with the jab ...
From Sakurai :
"Pic of the day. If it's just a missile, a sword can slice it right up. Of course, you could also just use your bare hands." ...

Cry Spammus cry !

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
If ypou like Eevee, feel free to take the ownership of the thread from me. I kinda abandoned it.

Morbi

Scavenger
Today pic shows Pit cutting a Samus missile with the jab ...
From Sakurai :
"Pic of the day. If it's just a missile, a sword can slice it right up. Of course, you could also just use your bare hands." ...

Cry Spammus cry !
Samus confirmed for Bottom... again. Namco, Why U No Fix Game?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Why give Samus missiles then? Why not just give her rocks and pebbles? If we're gonna be swatting missiles with our own hands, might as well.

Smash U Team, you're disappointing me already! You better fix freakin Samus.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
I really don't think we should jump against what they've done with Samus so quickly. We don't know what else they've done with her, she could be badass, and personally I think it's a sweet feature. Plus, everyone wants a more competitive and strategic step up from Brawl (for the record, I still think Brawl was amazing), and there it is. For all we know, actually, she's not the only character that has things like this. Maybe Fox's lasers can be shot back with a properly timed sword hit as well.

MAGRWolfX

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3100-1586
I'd actually love to see Meowth become playable. Or, since every game adds at least one villain (still holding out for King K. Rool) it would be sweet to have one of the evil Pokemon trainers, as kind of an anti-Pokemon Trainer from Brawl, with Meowth and two other "bad" Pokemon.
How about Gengar and Krookodile?

Top Bottom