• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBros Website Information

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Remember that discussion about the Pilotwings stage doesn't mean we'll get a character? Well, I'm sorry but that Metroid stage looks pretty damn long enough to fit Ridley on the left half.:troll:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
It's not...
Sakurai already confirms like a "Metroid Stage" in Miiverse.
I liked how the stages in SSB4 are getting more serious...

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
That is Ridley's stage from Other M called pyrosphere and here is Sakurai's caption.

”Pic of the day. Out of the blue, here's a new stage--the Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second…”

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
”Pic of the day. Out of the blue, here's a new stage--the Pyrosphere from Metroid: Other M! An enemy from Samus's past may appear at any second…”
Better be an announcement for playable Ridley... :mad:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Pilotwings stage revealed
Usual crowd: This doesn't mean a character is confirmed.

Metroid Stage (specifically where you fight Ridley) is revealed.
Me: Well... back at ya, I suppose. :/

.... But bad sportsmanship aside, this has me a bit more excited to see a playable Ridley character.
I do support his inclusion just because I feel he's the 2nd most important character in Metroid.
It's just Sakurai's quote from Miiverse that tells me he's a background character.... Unless this VERY WEEK he reveals a Ridley trailer.

BTW I just LOVE how Metroid stages are always competitive viable. :D At least so far.
Huge fan of Metroid and its music, so this is one of my favorite stages so far. And 4TH best reveal in SSB4.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
The optimistic Smash nerd in me hopes this will hint to Ridley's announcement. The logic in me thinks that is hinting to a stage hazard, whether it is Ridley or any other antagonist from Metroid.

Gormanbros

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-3869-4592
Well, I was right. Haha. I predicted a stage this week. :) What I didn't predict however, is that Sakurai would throw Ridley hopefuls such as myself and many others into a loop..

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Uhmmm... You are left to wonder if the hole on the right and the lavafall on the left mean anything.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I think that Sakurai may be trolling all the Ridley fans with that stage..
Which, BTW, looks great.

I like the new look!

Xiloh

Smash Cadet
Huge Metroid fan, very pleased with the way this new stage looks, its absolutely astounding, I appreciate the broad spacing for ground and aerial battle, is it bad that I'd rather play as a Luminoth or a Chozo? That would be sick...hell I'd even take a Space Pirate as a playable character...nothing against Ridley lovers however....but guess we'll have wait and see....

Spire

III
BRoomer
Best Metroid stage ever. Hope there aren't gimmicks because this looks fantastic. Also, considering the size... it seems like it's designed to support Ridley. Not as a hazard, but as playable. C'mon Sakurai, be the hero you were born to be!

Tesh

Smash Hero
There seems to be obviously some lava pouring into the stage from that hole. It might just be the background, but I think Smash will take advantage of the Wii U's power to give us more complex and more plentiful stage hazards. Sakurai openly expressed that Smash is not PSAS and stage hazards are a core part of the game.

Look at Brawl now, the most competitive regions in the world have nitpicked every little thing about nearly every stage so only 10-20% of stages are playable. Just looking at the platform layout, this stage wouldn't be legal in Brawl or Melee because it would just be a campfest anyway, so it might as well have stage hazards too.

I hope they make these stages as spectacular and true to their games as possible. As long as the stage builder is more impressive and custom stages are usable online, the competitive scene will have all they need.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
After all hype with the Metroid stage picture yesterday, I can see Sakurai giving us a stupid pic in Battlefield...
Sakurai knows how to tr00ll ... then just in friday some Metroid news.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
It's already updated.
Nice stuff :) ... Villager e Wii Fit Trainer first time in a 3DS picture (both of them just have been in Wii U pictures until now).
They look... o.k. I feel sad because I believed SSBU e SSB3DS could have different newcomers...Yet, something usefull.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
It's already updated.
Nice stuff :) ... Villager e Wii Fit Trainer first time in a 3DS picture (both of them just have been in Wii U pictures until now).
They look... o.k. I feel sad because I believed SSBU e SSB3DS could have different newcomers...Yet, something usefull.
Sakurai mentioned he'd like both to have the same roster so consumers do not feel cheated if their favorite character is not playable on both when they can only buy one.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
That's a nice excuse for him ...
But with no multiplayer 3ds <-> Wii U , and the stages already different, that's sound weird too.
Anyway, Villager seems nice in 3DS, while WFT is a little strange.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
That's a nice excuse for him ...
But with no multiplayer 3ds <-> Wii U , and the stages already different, that's sound weird too.
Anyway, Villager seems nice in 3DS, while WFT is a little strange.
True but I am glad they are not resorting to a cheap marketing trick to make people buy both versions.

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
The best thing about today's pic is that outlines on 3DS are optional according to the caption.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
*Looks at today's pic*

There goes the "Different characters for different systems" theory.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Villager looks real nice on 3DS. Nice that they seem to be using the graphical assets from Kid Icarus Uprising.

Gormanbros

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-3869-4592
Today's update is really meh to me. Yesterday had Wii Fit Trainer and Villager on 3DS as well as confirmation that the outline can be removed and lowered. Tuesday had the Pyrosphere stage, and today is two characters we've seen a lot lately fighting at a stage on the Wii U. Meh.

Tesh

Smash Hero
not every update can be super exciting.

the past couple of weeks has been more informative than i would have expected.

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
I'm happy with todays update. Wuhu-Island is probably connected to the Pilotwings stage. At least I hope that you interact more with Wuhu-Island than just briefly flying over/next to it.
Also: Airplane battles. I'm really looking forward to that.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Pic of the day. New and old planes makes a miraculous rendezvous.

Hmm... very nice picture. This stage is so pretty, I just want to play *___* I can even imagine Pit flying all the way and edge gaming with the planes *-*
4 interesting pictures in a week, that's some record :

The Metroid Stage (Wii U) , WFT and Villager in 3DS + optional outiline , WFT trainer new move explored/showed and finally Pilot Wings stage dinamic showed.

It gives almost the same of information we could have in the Dojo, but in images.
Daily pictures ARE something after all... this make me happy.

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
So how certain are we that this Pilotwings stage isn't actually the Mii's home stage?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So how certain are we that this Pilotwings stage isn't actually the Mii's home stage?

Because it starts out in the Snes Pilotwings area?
Not to mention there are plenty of other places where Miis could have their home-stage.
(And this is a Wii U stage, not a 3DS one. Pilotwings Resort is a 3DS game).

And more importantly, because this stage icon will most likely be a PLANE. The Mii´s icon will most likely be a Wii logo.

///

BTW, Pilotwings stage picture update always makes me smile.

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
It is from some wii fit excercises. It is also on Wii sports resort. But we say Pilotwings because it originally showed a part of the stage from the Pilotwings game on NES.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Not to sound like a negative nancy, but this week's been trash so far... Really hoping tomorrow has something special.
:(

Monday: Villager playing with Luigi's nose (in Battlefield)
Tuesday: Explosion (in what looks like the Kid Icarus stage)
Wedneseday: Wuhu Island's part of the Pilotwings stage.
Thursday (today): Link slashing down, Kirby watching (in Pyrosphere)

The explotion update is the only thing that kind of comes close to making me curious what it is.
A lot of things come to mind though (not saying they're possible, they just come to my mind)
-Adventure Mode
-SSE ROB bomb detonation.
-Isaac's judgement
-Crono's Luminaire
-FF character's Ultima
-Mega Man's FS?
-Stage background animation
-Taboo returns!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Not to sound like a negative nancy, but this week's been trash so far... Really hoping tomorrow has something special.
:(

Monday: Villager playing with Luigi's nose (in Battlefield)
Tuesday: Explosion (in what looks like the Kid Icarus stage)
Wedneseday: Wuhu Island's part of the Pilotwings stage.
Thursday (today): Link slashing down, Kirby watching (in Pyrosphere)

The explotion update is the only thing that kind of comes close to making me curious what it is.
A lot of things come to mind though (not saying they're possible, they just come to my mind)
-Adventure Mode
-SSE ROB bomb detonation.
-Isaac's judgement
-Crono's Luminaire
-FF character's Ultima
-Mega Man's FS?
-Stage background animation
-Taboo returns!
Yeah, the explosion is just part of the transition of the Kid Icarus stage, going from the first picture we saw of it to the second one. That's how it works in Uprising at least as far as I understand.

Top Bottom