• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBros Website Information

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I was going to go to sleep, but I might as well just stay up for the Nintendo Direct. Here's to hoping for a newcomer announcement.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
so ... Olimar and Kirby ... lookin' ... cute, I guess?
daily.jpg

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yeah not that big of an update but they really look nice! Besides a reveal is drawing closer and will probably be mid month.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Luigi was just confirmed on Nintendo direct.

*gasp*
Surprise!
I thought for sure he'd be cut.
I mean he's such a pointless and irrelevant character, amirite?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, we already have enough plumbers in overalls anyway, this is just excessive. :troll:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Dook a dook a doo-ook. (Yay! Luigi!)

P.S. It's Mokujin Month in Japan.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
From the looks of today's photo, he took a selfie with his camera.

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
I'm just glad he has some 3DS screenshots. We hardly get any of those. And that is the version that is already selling better. The more I check the site, the happier and more excited I get.
P.S. In case you didn't know, you can already preorder both versions of the game on Amazon.

Luckdragon

Smash Rookie
Hey! So excited to have another round of daily updates for a new Smash game and people to be excited with! I'm actually most excited about the 3DS version, I love the art style. Fingers crossed for an awesome online mode. Is there a chat room or mIRC channel you guys use? Not that I need any more reason to stay up super late at night... :skull:

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
looks like it might be a taunt but then again it might be a begining of a charge move.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Yesterday probably a WFT taunt, today one Luigi taunt...
Maybe it's "taunt time" ?

I expect to see Villager so...

Tesh

Smash Hero
i got my hopes a little too high today, maybe next month

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I knew there would be no more big surprises this week.

Pilotwinigs made my week, and Luigi was like a meh update, covered in a coat of HYPE, lol.

Probably won't be seeing anything interesting this coming week... But maybe the week after that might have something.

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
For those who have been hoping on Little Mac, “The biggest feature we look at in Smash Bros. is, ‘What does this character bring to Smash Bros. that other characters don’t?’ If you look at… someone from a fighting game already, and people like fighting with this character, from my point of view, it’s like ‘this guy does what this guy already does. He fills the role that this character already has. So while you may like this character and he’s interesting, that doesn’t really merge well, here.” – Sakurai.

Sorry. It is still a possibility. But according to this, possibly not. Oh well.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
For those who have been hoping on Little Mac, “The biggest feature we look at in Smash Bros. is, ‘What does this character bring to Smash Bros. that other characters don’t?’ If you look at… someone from a fighting game already, and people like fighting with this character, from my point of view, it’s like ‘this guy does what this guy already does. He fills the role that this character already has. So while you may like this character and he’s interesting, that doesn’t really merge well, here.” – Sakurai.

Sorry. It is still a possibility. But according to this, possibly not. Oh well.

---
This is clearly meant for Fighting Game characters, such as Street Fighter, or Soul Calibur.

Punch Out is a reaction/sports/puzzle game more than fighting. And this isn't coming from me, the Nintendo higher ups themselves said this.

As to what Little Mac can bring to the table, Sakurai could incorporate the high-risk/high-reward gameplay style of Punch Out's STAR System.
By a special counter that, if successful, awards Little Mac with a STAR. Think of it like Game & Watch's bucket, except with Physical attacks rather than energy ones, and that instead of waiting for the whole bucket to fill, you can use it if you have 1 charge, 2, or 3.

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
True true. I honestly hardly know anything about that whole series. So I'm alright with that. And I'm sure he can bring much to the table. He was in Brawl after all. I was just giving some speculation. And I wasn't meaning to send the message of "Sorry. Not Little Mac." I simple meant that this is some news from the creator that could influence many people's requests or wants for characters. Sorry if you thought I was eliminating the possibility of Little Mac.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
A Gerudo Valley stage! :love:
I love Gerudo Valley. Best place in OoT, in my opinion. Never thought it would get a stage, but it happened.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Nice... what move is Link performing, just a jump?Don't remember this shield in front of him ...ô.O

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
True true. I honestly hardly know anything about that whole series. So I'm alright with that. And I'm sure he can bring much to the table. He was in Brawl after all. I was just giving some speculation. And I wasn't meaning to send the message of "Sorry. Not Little Mac." I simple meant that this is some news from the creator that could influence many people's requests or wants for characters. Sorry if you thought I was eliminating the possibility of Little Mac.

Ah, no worries man! Didn't want to sound naggy. :p But yeah, that statement kind of worried Mac supporters for a brief moment before fully understanding what he was trying to say

Not to say he's a shoe in (though I will forever question Sakurai's logic if he chooses a Boxing Ring stage, and no LM, since Punch Out was always one of their.... perhaps B tier franchises).

But for the heck of speculation, yeah, that's what I think/foresee will be Little Mac's playstyle. :)

There's also another gimmick, from Super Punch Out, where there's this energy gauge where the more you successfully and continually hit your opponent, there comes a moment when Little Mac has this breakthrough where he becomes super agile, and also has access to two new moves, both which induce dizzyness.
(I much prefer the first one, though. But this could sort of work as a Final Smash.. if not the more predictable but Nintendoish Giga Mac)

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
By the way, it is quite probable that from now on, any new characters would be revealed via Nintendo Directs. Brawl had roughly 35 characters. Currently we have 14 characters revealed. Assuming the roster is the same size, if the game were to launch in December of next year and they do a Nintendo Direct every month, there would be 16 more characters revealed that way. Though, that does leave about 5 left. Some months could have two. Or some could be revealed just on the website like Olimar was. And sooner or later, they may very well have a Direct all about Super Smash. We shall see. But just keep an eye out for those Nintendo Directs.

Even if they don't stick to the Directs, they've been doing one just about every month. So that will probably stay constant until we get closer to the release date. I hope it is sooner rather than later though. We'll just have to keep looking for more info on the game and keep our eyes on the updates; no matter how annoying, boring, or stupid some of them might seem.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Pic of the day: Luigi panicking because a Crash Bomb is stuck in his crotch.
Rush is just un-amused by the update too.

(But at least it's Megaman related). :)

Top Bottom