• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBros Website Information

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
new daily image, uppercuts for everyone.
daily.jpg

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
new daily image, uppercuts for everyone.
View attachment 1876

I hope this foreshadows a Little Mac trailer tomorrow. :3
Little Mac's trademark move (Uppercuts) + boxing ring stage = Hidden meaning.

But nah, Sakurai loves keeping uncertainity reign for as long as possible until finally decides to put an end to it.

It's nice to see Mega Man again. Hoping for a Mega-week now.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Sakurai writes a warning message in Miiverse saying that the daily image was a internal idea to the producers, but he decides make it public.
In the same message he says the Website updates are another thing, and can happen at everytime with all types of information.

From this message all I can expect are a update in the website in some weekend...
Maybe 08/12 when will be 2 months from the NDirect?Yeah, i like to put some hope in my heart <O>

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Sakurai writes a warning message in Miiverse saying that the daily image was a internal idea to the producers, but he decides make it public.
In the same message he says the Website updates are another thing, and can happen at everytime with all types of information.

From this message all I can expect are a update in the website in some weekend...
Maybe 08/12 when will be 2 months from the NDirect?Yeah, i like to put some hope in my heart <O>
Little Mac.. Or Dillon.. or.. well, just look at my wish list.

Thanks to Sakurai for the updates anyway!

Gormanbros

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0817-3869-4592
Probably the weirdest and least important picture of day we've gotten yet. Although I must admit I am glad that I'm not the only one who likes putting Kirby onto other character's body. Haha

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Oh my god... something new.
I never played any Pilotwings but I'm happy with the relevant update.
Nice work Sakurai \o\

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Oh my god... something new.
I never played any Pilotwings but I'm happy with the relevant update.
Nice work Sakurai \o\

I've never played it either, but it should showcase to everyone that Sakurai doesn't care if a game is new or even relevant! If he wants some random character like Cranky Kong in, he's going to do it. And in no way am I saying Cranky Kong will be in the game. haha

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
And to think that I ALMOST skipped this week entirely out of apathy of past pictures...

This is by far my favorite Picture reveal.

A Pilotwings stage? Sakurai remembers Pilotwings? There's hope after all! :estatic:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
according to the website, this is a "WiiU" smash bros screen shot.

so im curious as to what kind of stage this is exactly, like how would you play on this,m if it is in actuality a stage screen shot.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Yeah, I was wondering why everyone assumed it was a stage as well. It could just as easily just be promo art or an Easter Egg in be back of a stage. But either way, it's more interesting than a Kirby headed Samus >_>

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Good, a new stage! Pilotwings sounds relevant to add as a stage.. thanks again Sakurai!

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
At first it looked like Advance Wars to me.

It will be interesting how this stage is played. Would have been awesome if they had a stage from Pilotwings 64. Hope Nintendo brings it out on Wii U VC.

Annnnd I'm still waiting on Wuhu Island.

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
I can see why this is a Wii U stage because there is two console games with it. Bit there is also a Pilotwings for the 3DS. I wonder if that will play into the game. But I'm super excited for all of this.

Raymondo97

Smash Cadet
NNID
Raymondo79
3DS FC
0173-2451-9369
I meant but. Not bit. Also, I look at the website here on my iPod, and it still shows yesterday's. Strange.

Tesh

Smash Hero
nintendo direct tomorrow, who knows what that could bring

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Poke Floats was just a generic skyline background while everyone hopped around on Pokemon floats. I get the feeling the same will be used here, and everyone fights on various aircraft while they're going around the island.

XtreamDarkRyu

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1375-8318-2992
Poke Floats was just a generic skyline background while everyone hopped around on Pokemon floats. I get the feeling the same will be used here, and everyone fights on various aircraft while they're going around the island.
Given that we don't know for sure if this is a map or just an Easter egg. IF it was a stage where we fight on aircraft and sonic was confirmed then MAYBE just maybe we can fight on tails' airplane as he pilots it!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Once again... This was my favorite update so far.

Gave me a lot to talk about (while little to keep the conversation going, mainly because PW is not everyone's cup of tea)

I was originally going to skip this week... but I think I'm even more interested in tomorrow's pic now.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I was incredibly hyped when I saw this in the morning. Even my sister liked the idea of it, despite never playing Pilotwings (she thought it was Super Mario Kart)

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if whatever game that will be discussed on the Nintendo Direct will have an influence on what Wednesday's update on SSB4 Website will be.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I believe the stage is where you and your opponents on fighting on top of an airplane, hopefully your touring the Pilotwings timeline. Your fighting while flying.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
And no one screamed:"SHORYUKEN!"

I like daily screenshot of today. It's clearly a Pilotwings stage but it's a bit criptic on how it does work.
Sukurai is such a teaser!

More likely than not be like Fox's stage in Brawl. Fighting on the wings.

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone else have no update on the Smash site? It's well past the time it should be there.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Yep. Either Sakurai hates us now, or its holidays in japan, OR they are holding back the picture until the NDirect ends...
maybe they will announce a new character ?

UndiaperedBaby

Smash Apprentice
Where'd you hear this? DON'T DO THIS TO ME MAN!

The Nintendo Direct link is always on the nintendo homepage.

I read it on a news site. They said Zelda: Link between worlds, Pokemon X & Y and Smash characters will be discussed, Iwata apparently gave a head up. I found the NDirect, it starts 7 am Pacific time.

Top Bottom