• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHBOUND PRESENTS: MISSISSAUGA, JUNE 9, THE BATTLE OF CAKETOWN!! Sign up today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'ma see if I can sneak into AN..I dont want to buy a pass when I didn't need it last year.

D

Deleted member

Mute City should not be on random. Rainbow Cruise should be.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Eck, i don't enjoy using luigi on mute city, his wavedash is pretty much the whole platform. But w/e i think it will spice things up a bit
I'm sorry but do you suck? Thats GOOD for Luigi, Trust me.

Oh yeah, Grmo sign up me and Kio for teams: 'The Green Party'
And hey, I'm glad to see you took what I said into consideration, thanks.

On that subject, It's no secret that I love mute city, but I dont think it should be on random. I think having Rainbow Cruise will definetly spice things up in a good way.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Well I just figured that unless the date changes I can't make the tournament, I have to go to this wedding <_<
that's a problem

btw change your name back.

Oh yeah, Grmo sign up me and Kio for teams: 'The Green Party'
And hey, I'm glad to see you took what I said into consideration, thanks.

On that subject, It's no secret that I love mute city, but I dont think it should be on random. I think having Rainbow Cruise will definetly spice things up in a good way.

Gotcha. And thanks for the input in the first place :).

Anyway, I can take Mute City off random. Also on that topic, does anyone want to suggest any other random stages? I think Brinstar Depths may actually be interesting....:confused:

EDIT: Anyone else want to join our crew? There's room for one more but people said the name was too wierd :ohwell:. Anyone?

I.B

Smash Lord
Ok... please don't put Brinstar Depths on random. It's too much of a mindgame.

S_K

Smash Rookie
How bout corneria becuzz its a pretty neutral stage except the fact tht it has r wings. and i second the idea wit rainbow cruise, its a very interestin stage

D

Deleted member

Care to explain why Rainbow Cruise is dumb? I'm not sure if I can accept your opinion if you don't back it up with logical reasons

Lmao @ Nate: "I'm sorry but do you suck?"

JeffMan

Smash Apprentice
Rainbow Cruise is just an incredibly distracting course and I've observed that it's really easy to accidentally kill yourself on, what with the disappearing platforms and all. It just really sticks out in my head as a dumb choice for a default tournament stage when the general rule seems to be "relatively flat stages with little to no stage morphing."

D

Deleted member

If it's distracting, that's your problem and not ours. It's a flat stage, and if you want no stage morphing.. then take out FoD.

Battlefield is way easier to kill yourself on than Rainbow Cruise ever will be, and even if Rainbow Cruise is a tad tricky it just adds another level of depth and skill to the overall game.

My advice is to practice it if you suck at it. Do you suck?

And your "general rule" holds no water here, as MLG ruleset includes Rainbow Cruise in its random select stages. So I'm pretty sure it complies with their "general rule"

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Adding Brinstar is too much. Seriously dudes.
Same with Corneria, they're both more fitting as counter stages.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Adding Brinstar is too much. Seriously dudes.
Same with Corneria, they're both more fitting as counter stages.
ROFL I wasn't really serious mang. But what Jake said is way too true, Battlefield is a piece of homo trash when it comes to surviving. That edge just loves to **** you man.

DSMANIAC92

Smash Cadet
is it 15 combined in doubles or 15 each? and i dont think Brinstar should be in random its too jagged and poorly made, you can barely do anything on tht lvl.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
And your "general rule" holds no water here, as MLG ruleset includes Rainbow Cruise in its random select stages. So I'm pretty sure it complies with their "general rule"
I am not arguing against the usage of Rainbow Cruise as random, I actually like it on random (aside from the fact that it means I either stage ban it or don't pick ICs first game in fear of the easiest loss ever seen) but where could we find a list of general MLG rules? I checked the giant sticky in Melee discussion and it said Rainbow Cruise was available for counterpick but not random.

Granted, the sticky was updated in March and it might not have been a complete update but if that's the case could you possibly direct me to where a list is? I tried smashwiki but they said available for counterpick but not for random.

JeffMan

Smash Apprentice
Battlefield is way easier to kill yourself on than Rainbow Cruise ever will be,
That's complete BS; if you can't figure out how to recover from underneath Battlefield then you need to do some more experimenting. It's definitely possible to recover on Battlefield if you accidentally fall underneath, but it's sort of impossible on Rainbow Cruise if the platform just stops existing.

D

Deleted member

That's complete BS; if you can't figure out how to recover from underneath Battlefield then you need to do some more experimenting. It's definitely possible to recover on Battlefield if you accidentally fall underneath, but it's sort of impossible on Rainbow Cruise if the platform just stops existing.
I'm sorry but do you suck?

Battlefield's ledge is ruthless. Many characters on many occasions simply refuse to grab the ledge, for god knows why.

As for recovering from underneath Battlefield, I don't see how anyone but Samus or Jigglypuff can do it. The overhang ruins people / a lot of characters. And you can use that to your advantage if you learn to abuse it.

Provided that it's not Peach who is just floating underneath it to be difficult.

You also need to be dumb or blind to realize too late that the flashing platform is about to disappear. I agree that you can die easier on it than say FD, but..so? Just play smarter and learn to play on it. Because you're both at the "disadvantage" of those "tricky" "platforms" and it being "impossible" to "recover" "from"

As for your direction to where Rainbow Cruise is on MLG rulesets, Pro Kirby User, I'm at a loss. Looks bad on me, but eh whatever. I remember seeing many MLG random matches though on Rainbow Cruise, maybe it's been taken out since then.

JeffMan

Smash Apprentice
Battlefield's ledge is ruthless. Many characters on many occasions simply refuse to grab the ledge, for god knows why.
Stop holding down on the control stick.

As for recovering from underneath Battlefield, I don't see how anyone but Samus or Jigglypuff can do it. The overhand ruins people. And you can use that to your advantage if you learn to abuse it.

Provided that it's not Peach who is just floating underneath it to be difficult.
I call it "acute ledge-reversal." Up-B towards the ledge, then hold the opposite direction to grab it. Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, DK, Link and Young Link can do it. Or, if you happen to be Ness, you can bend your trajectory using PK Thunder against the ball thing underneath the stage and grab on.

D

Deleted member

You don't have to fastfall to not correctly grab the ledge

Maybe we're talking about something different, because those characters you mentioned most of them cannot get back on the ledge in certain positions, which make up a majority of the overhang. Yes, near the edge you can probably do some of what you're talking about - but not all the time. Rainbow Cruise isn't that gay.. it's pretty straightforward.

Anyway, let's stop spamming this thread. Battlefield is on, which I personally think is dumb, but who cares. If you have a problem with Rainbow Cruise, practice it a bit as you've obviously done with Battlefield; it'll give you the upperhand on matches for being more prepared.

How do you think Daniel and I own so hard on Poke Floats?

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
As for your direction to where Rainbow Cruise is on MLG rulesets, Pro Kirby User, I'm at a loss. Looks bad on me, but eh whatever. I remember seeing many MLG random matches though on Rainbow Cruise, maybe it's been taken out since then.
I'm pretty sure it's been taken out then. Maybe I'll make a topic about it but I stage ban it most of the time anyways so it makes no real difference to me lol.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Falco/Fox can recover from underneath battlefield actually...you gotta aim for the ledge at an angle, I can do it pretty well.

And Jeff, the disappearing platforms are kinda hard to miss. Don't worry, Falco can still play on cruise..and I guess you can stage-ban it. Meh.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
TyrantWolf said:
ROFL I wasn't really serious mang. But what Jake said is way too true, Battlefield is a piece of homo trash when it comes to surviving. That edge just loves to **** you man.
Just pointing out that Battlefield's ledge is brutal to pretty much everyone. It's probably a neutral stage (I'm posting this without having done research on the matter so if someone knows the real answer tell me) because it's a basic stage, that overpowers nobody, doesn't change at a random rate and weakens recoveries almost unanimously thus everyone can abuse it. It doesn't pick favourites for the most part and the only three exceptions (Spamus, Peach w/ float and Jiggs) are known for having ridiculous recoveries anyways.

D

Deleted member

Peach is no exception. Her umbrella fails to snag the ledge a good percentage of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom