• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHBOUND PRESENTS: MISSISSAUGA, JUNE 9, THE BATTLE OF CAKETOWN!! Sign up today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
Figured I'd post this here too, just for good measure. No one seems to be paying much attention to the new thread anyhow..

Good tourny grmo. Other than the mix up at the end, and the pain in the *** it was to get there and back, I had a good time. Shouts:

Fellow NNRers + Toronto peeps:

Devine Knight: TGBX was pleased with your performance at this tournament.

Jake: Still waiting for that SD?

Connel: Some rough loses there man. It happens to the best of us, but hey, top 10 aint bad. Sorry again about kinda sandbagging doubles.

Nate: I kicked Jake's *** for you, don't worry. How the hell did you lose to Volasko... lol!

Tyler: Well, you didn't play great this tourny, and those Peach's sure give you a tough time. Don't give up, and don't pick up Pichu, that's probably worse than giving up.

Bernard: Tough luck man, you can't seem to take down Jake in singles. Good job on the low tier though, wish I coulda stayed around for that. You seemed to be in better control this time though, you came through in the clutch in a lot of matches I saw (particularly against those IC's, who I honestly think I could have lost to). Some advice about keeping your cool: Never count yourself out of a match no matter how far back you are. The second you start thinking you're going to lose, you'll start to lose.

Volasko: Way to suck in doubles finals.

Snowblind: I don't think we had any 1v1's the entire time... we should really do that next time.

J3? JV? Whatever it is: You've got a mean sheik, it was pissing me off in doubles. We should get some more matches in next time.

Sauga Hommies: forgive me if I forget names, I'm pretty sure when you guys make names you use a random noun generator.

Grmo: Thanks for hosting man, it's a tough thing to do, you'll get better the more you do it. Solid first tourney though.

I.B.: ****, really impressive stuff. You sure scared the crap out of me with that Marth. You have some serious mindgames, which is the most important part, so you're ahead of the game. Work on chaingrabbing, and comboing, once you get those down you'll be a force to be reckoned with. I know that all of us from Toronto were really impressed with you, so keep it up.

Chaotic: You've got a solid Falcon, just keep working on it. Get more experience, play more people, etc. You're on your way to being really good at this game.

ChronoX: w00t space animals represent. You're doing a lot of things right, now you just have to refine your playstyle, tighten things up a bit. It'll come with more experience.

Lone_Wolf: I didn't face your Peach 1v1, but you held your own against Daniel, which is impressive. Keep it up.

Dragon_Hawk: Good ICs, even though I hate those little *******s. Keep working on them, get those chain grabs down.

Andy: Good seeing you again man, you were looking a little emo when we were leaving. Hope every thing's cool.

D.B.: Thanks. Too bad you couldn't make it to this one, hope to see you at SoS later this month.

argh. I'm looking at these names and trying to remember who was who... I'll update this later. Sorry if I missed you.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
He's still not better than me. He's been to out of town tournaments so he has more tournament experience than me. (If you still say he's better than me due to him going to tournaments then I will reply by saying "Ok, If i go to more tournaments then Ken, am I better than him?) He beat me a few times in friendlies but I beat him more times through.
We need to 1v1 someday to see who's better.

:/

Why are you posting in this thread still?

Anton even says that jordan can beat you.

Anways look at those tourney results.... I beat Isai :laugh:

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
KIRBY IS NOT A DECORATION ON THE CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN, HE'S A PLAYABLE CHARACTER DAMMIT!!!!

Okay. Now that I've successfully destroyed another sarcasm detector, it's time for shoutoutz.

Imadh: I like your Falcon. Needs more Kirby vs Falcon matches imo, since those games are too **** sexy for words. lol Kirby is a mindgame. Also I hope to see you at Seasons so I can show you how sexy my ICs can be when they're in "the mood". Ask Adnan about "the mood" and if he doesn't understand ask him about "crews". Congrats on placing so high. It's a shame we didn't play. I wanted to take you out. No spite included. ;D

Bread-Butterer: Your spacies are very, very fast. I would've chain thrown but I kind of was scared ****less of you lol. That and you didn't really present any opportunities to grab so I focused more on getting in dash attacks for d-smash silliness and u-tilt silliness but whatever. Honestly I really would've liked to have gotten more games in against you, at Seasons I would like to play you some more and learn more about ICs vs spacies.

The guy that played Doc: Your Doc is very nice. I honestly have never played against a good Doc so this was quite a shock. Your use of pills to space me was interesting. I may have to read up on the matchup and figure it out. Or just play you some more at Seasons, that might work too lol.

Landy: I need more Samus experience. Kirby vs Samus is too much fun, honestly. Your GaW is insane, I'm shocked you didn't go on a berserk rampage and plow through low tier. I would really like more matches with you.

Dzenan: Your name continues to mindgame me. I'm so sorry you couldn't go. I love playing against you, Falcon vs Kirby is such a lulzy matchup and I love it to death. Possibly my favourite matchup period, second only to Pikachu vs Falcon due to the insane amount of gay saturated in a single match. Either that or ICs vs Falcon. Once again a sexy matchup due to the amount of gay it entails. Man you better make it to Seasons.

James: Thanks for showing me some tricks on wobbling. I'll be sure to practice and work on it so I can start wobbling during matches. And you definitely made the right choice picking me first for crews at the end. I took, what, 15 stocks off the other crew during the second crew battle? Too sexy imo. Also, we had some sexilicious games I like to think. Kirby vs Ice Climbers was too funny. Kirby has some sexy green shoes of doom.

Snow Blind: Ganon vs Kirby was too much man. Ganon's giant black boots of doom overwhelmed Kirby's sexy green sneakers. Sexy money match man, ICs vs Peach was so dirty. I thought you were gonna win and was like "uh oh" but then I got my grabs in. And, well, the rest is just a blur of filthy grab combos.

Volasko: Your Marth ***** the **** out of my Fox lol. I had to play ICs against you. Hot **** that Link's bombs hurt. But yeah, those were some nice matches man. My ICs do well vs Marth (*glances at Euro*) and I have no idea why whatsoever.

J.B.: Your name is a mindgame. Nice matches... I like ICs vs Fox quite a bit even if I'm kind of sloppy at it. You ***** my Kirby. :(

Grmo: Your too sexy, although I maintain I'm prettier. That's right, I went there. And those cookies were a mindgame. Also, thank you so much for throwing this tournament god it kicked ***. You are like Jesus. Only not dead and without the super powers.

Europhoria: I wonder why I do so well vs Marth. I really have no idea. :laugh:

Wilkins: Sup guy. No shoutouts required. Your Fox is like the only Fox that had any idea what the hell you do vs ICs during crews so much respect. But I see you whenever Euro comes over anyways lol. Your too nice man. Also, because this post isn't complete without it, UNLEASH THE SHOES OF DOOM!!!!

Jeffman: You're too cool man, keep it up. Your Falco is too cool. I'm surprised you didn't play him vs me in our match. I would've liked some Falco experience.

ToXn: Peach vs Kirby was a sexy match if I do say so myself. Man you guys were so ridiculously nice. I hope to see you guys at Seasons. You really do have a nice Peach.

Kjdjy: Your name is a mindgame. I read your shoutout lol, my ICs are okay they're not that good lol. I can't wobble like you. >___> Teach me how to you wobbling IC player!

Adnan: The game conspired to give me Pokemon Stadium. The rest was just a blur. I really would've liked more matches against you though. Your Peach is a nice workout for my Kirby and my Ice Climbers. Although moreso for my Kirby. I mean, god, Kirby is just like mindgames or something.

Tai: I need to be in the mood lol. Don't worry though. I'm working on getting into "the mood" so I can unleash **** upon the world. Also, your Marth is getting there. But bear in mind that I play ******** characters (Kirby, Ness, Ice Climbers) and how well you do against them is quite often a reflection on how much you actually know about them. And there is a great shortage of ICs around here, sadly.

Nate: I don't know how the hell I won versus your Luigi. Honestly I don't. I think you were really off or drunk or something. But yeah. I need some more Jiggs practice so battle for my? I dunno you seemed off in low tier. Kirby vs Luigi is a pain in the ***. ROFL at the double misfire on Mute City though, that **** was a mindgame I swear. I'm so glad I didn't go Ness that game though; Kirby's shoes didn't fail me.

GK: Holy @$$ f*ck mindgames I swear to god. Your Zelda and Roy are beastly and made me sweat so many times during that set. I was freaking out, seriously. Fortunately, Kirby pulled it off somehow. I think it was the shoes. Those green shoes give him super powers, you know.

Rabbet: I think you were the Young Link and Bowser player during low tier, yes? If so, sweet. If not, then ignore this. But seriously, that was a sexy set if I do say so myself. Man we should've had that stuff recorded! Our Young Link vs Kirby game was sweet and the vs Bowser game was... gimpy. But sweet, nonetheless. B-throw suicide and swallowcide were too powerful mindgames.

Circle: Your Sheik is getting there. You were doing so well about avoiding my B-airs in our Sheik vs Kirby match, it was sweet. I thought I was going to lose but then I finally hit. Oh man. My vs Sheik game needs some work I see. Or maybe it needs more Kirby sucking action. Ninja Kirby is too good.

Efex: OMG MATT!!!!! =D I MISSED YOU!!!!!! =D IT'S GREAT TO SEE YOU!!!!! =D Also even though we lost, we had undoubtedly the sexiest doubles team. Falco and Ice Climbers is too sexy for words.

Divine Knight: I did not meet you personally or intimately, I think all we did was say "Hi" when I was ****** Snow Blind's Peach via chain throw. But **** your Peach is sexilicious and run speaks highly of you; I definitely see why. I hope to get some good games in against you at Seasons. Congrats on placing so highly, I look forwards to seeing those vids. Also thank god someone finally knocked out Imadh (no spite ;O).

J.L: Your Marth's overwhelming gay beats out my single IC skills. **** you. I don't wanna gay you to death with Sheik counterpicks but honestly I don't know what to do. You know my ICs too well. Oh sadness. But dammit come to my house more often.

Megamus: YAY =D YOU SHOWED UP =D HOW ARE YOU MAN I NEVER SEE YOU!!!!!

Anyone else: You guys are too cool, keep it up! I hope to play you guys later! ;D

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
Hawk: I can't wobble for anything, you must be thinking of the green IC guy. I was the other red IC, our crews never met in the battles at the end so we didnt get a chance to face or really watch each other, but my friends told me how massively you destroyed Runaways crew, 15 stock or something, amazing stuff.

Also, I was able to chaingrab RaynEX's Fox a bit, I think the DI thing is just depending on how they react to being grabbed, kind of along the lines of Jigglypuffs Uthrow-Rest. My friends were telling me whenever you grabbed someone you'd do the nana blizzard before throwing, wouldnt that give them time to DI? I admit I don't consider myself very well informed on the intricacies of IC chaingrabs, but what I did to Rayne was just dthow-shdair and then dthrow again as soon as possible, so he wouldnt have time to start DIing or he'd just be mashing to get out and forget about it. I'm not terribly sure of my facts though, so feel free to set me straight.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Why are you posting in this thread still?

Anton even says that jordan can beat you.

Anways look at those tourney results.... I beat Isai :laugh:
Why do you still play Peach? :/
Anton can say whatever he wants, it's a free country. I beat Jordan 3-1 in our Peach V.S Jigglypuff set.
Too bad it wasn't the real Isai. :dizzy:

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Hawk: My friends were telling me whenever you grabbed someone you'd do the nana blizzard before throwing, wouldnt that give them time to DI? I admit I don't consider myself very well informed on the intricacies of IC chaingrabs, but what I did to Rayne was just dthow-shdair and then dthrow again as soon as possible, so he wouldnt have time to start DIing or he'd just be mashing to get out and forget about it. I'm not terribly sure of my facts though, so feel free to set me straight.
I might stop nana blizzarding if that's the case. I know it's the d-air you're DIing, not the actual throw, but I'm still experimenting with throw combos so I may fall back on chain throws. Honestly I don't mind the chain throws, but on some stages (platforms) I'm starting to discover why people do the d-throw, u-smash into auto-cancelled u-airs. But I'm not consistent with those.

Blargh. ICs are so intricate. lol that's probably why I like them. Dropping the blizzard or alternating the blizzard might be the trick to it.

Either that or I could just perfect my wobble. Or do both.

Also, mad props for using red ICs. Green ICs may be irish and get discount beer, but red ICs are not only Canadian and therefore sexier, but they're also hotter than bacon.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Why do you still play Peach? :/
Anton can say whatever he wants, it's a free country. I beat Jordan 3-1 in our Peach V.S Jigglypuff set.
Too bad it wasn't the real Isai. :dizzy:
Because I play a decent peach. I started actully trying with peach the day before and the whole day I was practicing peach to get better with her, since the best way to get good with a charecter is to play in a tourney, and I rarely switched to sheik/marth. I got a couple of comments on how my peach was good so it I obviously have some skill with her. I unlike you don't just spam turnips and Downsmash. Jordan could beat you but you see he doesen't bother to learn your playstyle nor do any of us because it's not even worth it.On the other hand you diden't go to this tourney nor did you plan on going so I do not see why you are here in this thread. And I obviously know it wasen't the real isai, I was sitting there next to Cure when he played him, I overheard people talking about how he LOOKED LIKE isai not how he was isai. Once again you weren't there so you whould not have known.

Seriously whats wrong with you. Your all butthurt because I sent you a joke Private message and you got all offended over nothing. Btw that person saying "yo tim" was me not anton.

alphameric

Smash Ace
raynex: im coming for #1 LT next tourney! makes me a bit happier knowing that you won the LT tourney.

dragon_hawk: you still owe me a duel

divineknight: bad luck for me to get paired with you in the first bracket :urg:, i promise to give you more of a challenge for the next showing

everyone else: it was cool to meet everyone that i did. ive got some serious practice to partake in

on a side note, paying $15 to lose to kens cf :(
could have done that for free! :laugh:

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Added some stuff.

Alright so this was very fun. It was nice meeting you tyrant wolf that was a pretty fun peach ditto I have to say. Dragon Hawk your such a nice freindly person and your IC's are beast! (Not to mention your kirby <.<) Lanowen it was cool playing you even though you destroyed me. That was so weird when we both died on FOD at the same time. maelstorm it was tough playing you your samus was good, those sets were close. Whoever played me first round (I think it was delorted) Your peach owned me and your height is very Intimidating lol.

And major props to my doubles partner cure. it was his first tournament let alone the first time playing somebody outside of goergetown and he got 7th. (I think) Can't wait to see cures match vid where he makes a crazy return with luigi.

Also thanks to grmo and staff (not sure if they had smashboards names) for this. One thing that sucked was you taunted me by putting the DDR game right near the door so as soon as I walked in I saw it. XD

Also I'd like to say to someone of whom my freind played in a tourney match. (Not sure of your name) My freind did john about his controller but he did not mean too (his trigger actully was screwed) and after the match he felt so bad and he was going come up to you and give you the match so if you have anybody to blame for it blame me because I convinced him not to so please do not think he is a bad person for that.

1 more thing as soon as I got there I started to play a couple freindly's and picked sheik and before the match even started I can't remeber if it was the guy himself or he was just watching his freind play, but you kept badgering my play (Oh sheik can be played by a four year old,Thats why sheik is gay downsmash and grab) I don't care if you were the best **** player in the world your a total a$$ hat.

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
Super shout outs version awesome:

ive been tired since yesterday and will admit the following are ****ty shoutouts.

NNr
jake: i dont know what the hell we did that day in doubles. but it was sex on ice.

noah: The Divine Knight was pleased with your performance. He also thinks those were some of the more adequate matches than usual. And on a final note, he believes the recorded matches will be satisfactorily entertaining.

run: didnt face you in tourney. but it wouldve been good. you did good this tounrey, but wtf happened with lowtier. you let luigi and divine knight down.

bernard: didnt face you. i wish as well that we had more friendlies. luckily the next tourney is less than two weeks away. so we better play more between now and then, or at the tourney.

connel: good job on teams. but we ****. im glad i didnt have to face your doc :)

other peoples. like grmo, europhoria, adnan, V and a bunch of others. Good games all. Train hard for SoS.

IB: you surprised me with your marth, i was impressed. You gave me a run for my money, i really hope we get to face each other at the next tourney. I wish our matches were recorded.

Grmo. Over all great tournament. Dont worry if things go wrong, you did great. ANd seriously, your moms cookies friggen owned. You have to tell your mom to make a batch for SoS. They can goto the top winners in singles. That would be ill. But again, good job. hope you come out to SOs.

Everyone that went to this tournament, keep the toronto scene strong and participate at SoS. We gotta play to impress at trans and we cant be out of shape.

Cure

Smash Rookie
plz reply when you put the smash vids on u tube thx

thx raynex for the advice on not being greedy too
and whoever played that falcon who ***** everybody props to u bud. u own

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Cure: Your fox has potential. You actually play alot like me...just fast and everywhere. Learnin to concentrate your attacks...getting your tech. skill down so theres no mistakes; thats really whats important. Your on your way though, practice up and rematch me at seaons. Wud be cool to see how you've improved.

&Drag_hawk...how could you forget me? You owe me a shout!

Especially after all that Low tier grand finals set. DK vs. Kirby rematch at seasons!

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Oh don't worry he will be practicing before seasons. we have our weekly fest and after this tourney We will be more determined then ever to actully try. =p

Cure doesn't come on here alot so I will let him know what you said and tell him to get his game up on his fox.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
&Drag_hawk...how could you forget me? You owe me a shout!

Especially after all that Low tier grand finals set. DK vs. Kirby rematch at seasons!
HOLY ****!!!!!!!

I FORGOT YOU!??!

What the ****!?

Wow. I did.

Okay. Since I'm too lazy to edit my earlier post, I'll just make one here... YOU'RE GOING DOWN SON!!!! KIRBY IS GONNA APE F*CK THAT DK THROUGH HIS NOSE!!!!

*ahem*

Be prepared to lose, son. Also we need to get some sexy IC vs Fox sets because, well, those sets are just too sexy for words man. And some Kirby vs DK action sounds pretty hot too. Will DK's hulk-like strength and speed triumph over Kirby's sexiness and green shoes!? I sure as hell hope not. Green shoes are too much man. :laugh:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Because I play a decent peach. I started actully trying with peach the day before and the whole day I was practicing peach to get better with her, since the best way to get good with a charecter is to play in a tourney, and I rarely switched to sheik/marth. I got a couple of comments on how my peach was good so it I obviously have some skill with her. I unlike you don't just spam turnips and Downsmash. Jordan could beat you but you see he doesen't bother to learn your playstyle nor do any of us because it's not even worth it.On the other hand you diden't go to this tourney nor did you plan on going so I do not see why you are here in this thread. And I obviously know it wasen't the real isai, I was sitting there next to Cure when he played him, I overheard people talking about how he LOOKED LIKE isai not how he was isai. Once again you weren't there so you whould not have known.

Seriously whats wrong with you. Your all butthurt because I sent you a joke Private message and you got all offended over nothing. Btw that person saying "yo tim" was me not anton.
No you don't. Oh you think I spam? Well you spam fsmash/grabs with Marth and spam grabs with Shiek. Jordan could beat you and Anton easily if he concentrated. It's a good thing that me and Jordan are better in 2v2's than you and Anton. Too bad you're too stupid to learn from your mistakes while playing against me. And yeah sorry I have a life other than smash bros and halo 2 unlike you.

Yeah nice insult. I haven't heard that one before! You're just angry because I proved your "If Cure goes to more tournies than someone, he's automatically better than them" statement wrong. You're just in denial because of my logic. Yet again, you don't plan to pass high school because you're too stupid and probably going to be a high school drop out.
Btw I'm not mad at Anton.

Edit: Btw 00legend, don't bother replying to this post because I'm going to stop checking this topic now because I've gotten my point across. But again, you're stupid so you still think you're right. W/e, think whatever you want.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
K good your leaving this thread. I'm glad your leaving this thread and that you always pull Johns out of your *** for not going to tournaments. Guess what buddy? Anton AND Jordan AND John all say I have a better peach then you. And guess else? what at tournaments when you start to lose you can't just team up with the other team like you do in smash and halo. (OMFG My were losing, quick guy on other team kill yourself) And jordans not your team partner. You know what I wasen't really mad at that but I don't really care you can do whatever you want. I respect people no matter what they do (especially my freinds) because I know that in there eyes, they think they are right. Whos to say just because they think there right and I think I'm right my opinion matter any more. You should try that some time. You Call me stupid now but last friday everything was fine and dandy and we were fine with eachother. Wow how you change your ways. Now I have finally seen the light in how deciptfull you are and how much of a backstabber you are I am glad that things have come to this and I am not your freind. You do not deserve such a thing.

EDIT: Oh yeah Im on jordans level of play pretty much and anton only 1 stocks me now. And you know what? I could care less. I went to this tournamnet with an open mind and knowing I whould get owned. I went more for the social experiecnce. Just to see all the cool people on smashboards and just hang out with other people who share a commen intrest with me. And my tournament experiecne theory doesn't fail because you haven't been to more tourney's then Ken, you haven't been to any at all!.

Oh and the "Having A life" argument doesn't work on the internet. Your on a message board related to a video game. plus you use to play video games during my lunch hour and for both of your lunch periods. now you play smash one period and hang with in the library for the other (with some guy who I don't know how you consider your freind after all you've done and all the **** he says about you) So yea looks like you have a life as much as I do. Look at your post count. Look at mine. Let's see who has the life shall we? I am not the one who runs throught the hallway yelling about how much FEAR is a good game for the 360 and pretending to shoot a gun and getting looks from everyone. That is you.

The only reason I really got mad? Your desrepectfulness towards Cure. he got 7th. I congragulated him. No where did I say that he could beat you. You being the over competitive idiot had to barge in and try and stuff your stupidness down our throats. Not to us my sir, not to us.

And you really think calling me an idiot it matters to me? The way I see life is this: It doesn't last long so just hang on for the ride.

And last but not least:

I AM SO SORRY TO EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD FOR ALL THIS. I WHOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE TO YOU ALL ON BEHALF OF ME AND THE REST OF GEORGETOWN SMASH SCENE FOR MY AND F8AL'S IMMATURE BEHAVIOUR. BUT I HAD TO SAY WHAT HAD TO BE SAID. I KNOW IF I SEND HIM A PM HE WON'T READ IT, AND I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT HE WILL BE COMING BACK HERE AND MAYBE EVEN REPLY. ANYTHING TO BOOST HIS POST COUNT. AND WHEN HE PM'S YOU SAYING **** ABOUT ME ASK ME BEFORE YOU ACTULLY ASSUME ANYTHING. I WILL NOT DO THIS TO F8AL LIKE I COULD AND TELL YOU ALL A BUNCH OF STUFF BUT I'll BE MAN ENOUGH AND NOT. HOPEFULLY HE WILL TOO.

Oh yeah im sorry about the mistakes in all this but I'm too busy hanging with my freind right now so I'm too bothered.

~Toodles.

ChrnoX

Smash Cadet
UUUGH i'll try and place top 5 next tourney sry sauga i put u to shame. lol. Well i did have prom the night bfore.

Cure

Smash Rookie
raynex you were bomb, thanx for the reply and compliments (shine whoa way too fast for me lol),
too bad i couldnt face chrnox,
and dragon hawk youre ics are beastly (beastly infinite),
tgbx congrats on first place u rock man,
and i just have to say that toxn owned f8al in that paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom