• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHBOUND PRESENTS: MISSISSAUGA, JUNE 9, THE BATTLE OF CAKETOWN!! Sign up today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Marth and sheik. okay with peach.

No, you're not very good with Peach. Double Peach in my opinion, don't do very well.
Just stick with your Marth/Shiek, thanks. :/

I won't be mindgame'd son, your still gettin' yur *** kicked.

Hope I get to see you, still pisses me off that Fatal won't make it. And the more TVs, the better. And the cube helps.
Hey TyrantWolf, sorry about not being able to make it. It's summative/exam time and I'm working hard to finish all my summatives and study for my exams so I get good marks. If I get good marks, then I'll probably be able to make one of your tournaments in the summer when I'm not working. I actually care about my marks, unlike 00Legend/ToXn/xTOXNx/He Is Legend and Cure/xCurex.

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
Everyone. confirm your mms with me. some people never replied to my challenges. like chaotic. dragonhawk. J.L. kydjy. and probably others.

And any new takers. propose your challenge. I play fox, peach, and luigi.

Older than you: all you. ill probably MM you guys when i get there. i'll get settled in first.

And attention everyone!

Check out the last Toronto tournament before Transcanada. Already half of the people in this tournament are going to be there for Seasons of Smash I. Be sure to relocate your attention and posts to this thread once this tournament is done with:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=102307

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
WRYYYYY

You guysh better post detailed shoutouts and record stuff (LOL FINALS AND NNR VS SAUGA).

What are the teams for NNR vs Sauga? (Not going anymore, ;-;, there goes my chance at getting better, getting owned, having fun, getting recorded and stuff)

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Alright guys, this is it. I'm up pretty **** early to buy food and set everything up, get extension cords, power bars, tvs, vcrs, remote control cars, robots, bats, security mice, etc, and I won't have enough power just on my own so try to bring something!

So here's the order for today, MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS!

11:30: We open up and start setting everything up.
12:00: The venue is officially open, so you can come and play friendlies and money matches.
01:00: The tournament begins with N64 and crews.
-----> Low Tier follows N64; Doubles follows Crews; Singles follows doubles
05:00: One hour break to eat and relax.
-----> We most likely will not be done singles by now.
06:00: Second half starts off with singles.
09:00: NNR vs HSW crew battle.
10:00: Leisure time for friendlies, money matches, eating, fishing, and discussing cannibalism.
11:30: Everything has to be wrapped up and we'll start cleaning up; we have to be out by 12:00.
12:00 - whenever AM: Spamming this thread.

A REMINDER TO BRING ENOUGH MONEY: ...that was it.

Oh yeah, one guy called me yesterday asking if we were still having an SSBM tournament at Square One. Ok, no, this is bad. It's not at Square One. I really don't want people travelling to Square One and wondering where the tournament is.

That's all, enjoy the tournament. (I'll be out all morning)

--Grmo--

00Legend

Smash Rookie
Morning ya'll

So yup me and my freind are about to leave to go to his house and we will soon be on our way to the tourney/. Yeayyyyyy. will be there with our sweet 13 inch Tv. Lol.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yeah I heard that alot of jobs require a high school diploma that shows that you passed high school. But as Cybr told me yesterday "00Legend is going to work at a gas station and pump my gas for me".

Tell Cure to get a bigger TV. Thanks.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Lol. Oh well I fail one course per term so oh wellss. have no attention of finishing high shcool anyways.

- 00Legend
Morning ya'll

So yup me and my freind are about to leave to go to his house and we will soon be on our way to the tourney/. Yeayyyyyy. will be there with our sweet 13 inch Tv. Lol.
I also heard that correct spelling and grammer skills help.
And I double posted because for some ghey reason, I can't edit my above post right now. o_O

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
Big thanks to Grmo for planning this great tournament

Divine knight, I never got a chance to face you but I promise we'll have our money match at Seasons

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Dragon Hawk your ICs made mine look amateurish by comparison : (

Now I have to bust my *** training for the next two tourneys

Kjdjy

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, I've done much worse against Ken on better stages than Cruise. He's an absolute beast vs my IC

No johns, anyways. RaynEX's team was awesome

Europhoria

Smash Lord
^ Look, their crew was really good and all. But Rainbow Cruise got taken off because as a random stage it ***** the ICs. It's hideously unfair for them.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Shoutout time.

NNR cleaned up... but it was a Good tourny. Though it was REAAAALLY FAR, I got some much needed person-to-person practice.

Here was my day: 9:30 East side, Coxwell station. 11ish...west side, islington. half an hour to square one..12. Then 20min to another stop; transfer buses + starbucks(or was it timothys?), another 15min ride to destination. Arrived at almost 1pm........

end result = SAUGA TRANSIT IS G.A.Y.

two words. NEVER AGAIN.

Got home at 3am...lol.

Side note...nate, tai, adnan..When you guys left and I was in the train going to kennedy.. the conductor said it was the last train for the evening. LOL. We almost missed that; lucky Nate turned Hulk and killed that door. That same conductor was also telling some guy in the first car to wake-up over the PA because we had reached Kennedy. Fun fun.

------------------------------------------------

Runawayfire/Nate: Didn't play you at all i think...except in doubles on that awesome t.v. with Tai. Your jiggz is a step up from Luigi I think. GGs on owning the eastbound train door for tai, adnan and i. And the "joy of money" is sitting firmly on my wall. You rock hard man. Keep practicing.

J.L.: HOLY SH*T. 8 STOCK!! your Marth is up there. keep practicing, your ledge-guarding and keep-away game should be your priorities. Really try to abuse Marth's range and use to to your advantage...ftilts and dtilts..save the relatively laggy fmash for when you truly see an opening. Best freekin' crew marth ever. Wish I played you. GGs.

I.B.: Dammit. You got so much better since that chicken-bone tourny. I can't believe I lost to you in singles. Stupid Brinstar...I'm guna practice there until its no longer effective against me. I might even decide using it as a counter-pick. Whatevs. We had some close matches...falcon ditto, Fox ditto...falco too i think? We really need to play again. Come to s.o.s. We could try doubles again. Keep up tha gud ish man.

Ken: Is Ken even on the boards? He saved our A$$ in crews my stock-munchin' the ICs. Props to Ken! Use the $11 wisely.

Scintillatedseed/Tai: You played well. Your fox got better...and your Marth keeps improving. CAn't believe you didn't run for the eastbound...train noob. :D GGs in doubles.

Jeffman: Work on your Ganon. You have potential...but your not going to get any better fighting Grmo all day. Play people with a higher skill level than you to pick-up some new mindgames or ways of doing things. That goes for Graham too. GGs & good job in crews.

Grmo: Ty for hosting. Your fox is fast...buy you need to work on your tech. skill. Making mistakes isn't much of an option for us foxes. Like I said with Jeff...just play people who scare you. You'll be so much better because of it. GO arbitrary O!

Lone(Tyrant) Wolf/Adnan: YOU ***. You said the bus would be running until what...1am or something? LIAR! F*in stranded in the middle of nowhere. Geez. lol almost got kidnapped by some comic guy with a weird voice. tell your sauga peeps to host closer to nnr man! GGs & peace.

Volasko/Adam: Man....you guys knocked my and I.B. out of doubles. You and JB have some sick team chemistry. Intense doubles matches. GGs.

Snowblind/B: Man. What happened?! You left before crews got going. We shoulda played more serious matches. DK vs. samus...wtf was that? haha. GGs all around man.

Dragon_hawk: Fun low tier semis and finals matches with you. Your kirby is honestly a force to be reckoned with. I had a hard time with it. You almost had 1st. Keep practicin' dood.

G.K.: I HATE DSMASH. Good peach. Close crew match when we faced off. Landed that luck *** usmash. Hope to see you at seasons. Make sure to get a game in with me then. ohh yea..and dam your f*in zelda. dthrow f/bair :S

Chr0nic?/ChronoX?/James: You got waaay better since the time I first faced you. Lawl @ G&W w/ 8 stocks. We needed more matches. Be sure to drop by seasons to see how you measure up. GGs.

NNR:

TGBX/Noah: You won singles. Hurrah. I got gayed cuz of my emotions again, +Brinstar. I think I got a bit better...but you still outclass me. Will always be impressed by your calmness during intense matches. Congrats on owning it up.

Delorted/Jake: You knocked me out of singles losers. You got alot better...it's almost as if you play twice as good in tournies than you do any other time. I should really have more friendlies with you. Your playstyle is still something I have to get used to. I really did hate that trash-talking though. **** you.

Divineknight/Daniel: Your fox is good, really good. You flew past me in singles. I'm def impressed...not that it should matter to you. We should've played a bit more friendliy matches though, I would've liked to witness that fox against some of my other characters. Keep up the practicing.

VexterJezter/Connell: Barely played you...except in doubles. We need more friendlies. Luckily I'll be coming down alot during summer to get in some much needed practice. Hope to play you soon dude. GGs.

Slevin/Tyler: Dude...you know thers no point in giving you a shout-out. Your just too fakin' awesome for that. All I can say is...say it. Just say it one more time.

Kansas city shuffle. :D

-All-in-all, not that bad of a tourny. Hope to see all of you again at seasons. Peacee.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
^ It's just as likely that they'll get Final Destination, which is just as unfair for the vast majority of people who use characters that ice climbers can chaingrab and combo from 0 to death consistently. It's the same story for other characters. Falco is in a similar position as Ice climbers. Some characters don't do as well on plain stages, I find, as they do on more intricate ones. I was just trying to think of all characters. The current random stages are way too biased towards the high tier characters IMO, and I'm sticking by that. That's why I allowed Brinstar Depths as a counter-pick stage. That aside, I'm pretty bored with all the neutral stages so I wanted to spice things up a bit. Anyway I'm not going to get into an argument about this. I'm sorry that you lost because of that, but Cruise is staying on next time too.

I.B

Smash Lord
My turn for shouts.

-----------------------

Grmo: Yooo, good **** man. Thanks ALOT for organizing this tournament - it really helped me in terms of improvement. Aw, it's too bad you didn't make it into Top 10 for singles. Me and Adnan were hoping the top 10 had at least 3 people from Sauga. Well, I hope you make it to Seasons of Smash, and I wanna see you do better this time!

Jeffman: Hey, what's up? We didn't get a single match in. How ****ed up is that? Anyways, come to Seasons of Smash, and we shall do battle.

Lone Wolf: ADNAN! What's good? Mannn only 2 Sauga people made it in top 10. Seriously, next tourney, I better see you in top 10.

Lanowen: LANDDDYYY! Good placing, man. Do you realize we were the only 2 from Sauga that made it into Top 10. Well, keep it up man.

Del: Yo, Del. We had some good matches. Lol Marth dittos. Your Marth is actually good, but we need more matches of Marth vs. Peach. I'll see you at Seasons of Smash, man.

Runawayfire: Heyyy, Nate! Am I improving, or what? Haha, gg's man.

ChrnoX: Hahaha, only Chrno can come to a tournament hung over and tired as **** and still put up a challenge. Next time, we will pwnnn everybody! Top 5 next time, k?

RaynEX: LOL, yesss doubles! We had some fun matches man. I definitely thought you'd beat me in Singles, that first match scared the **** outta me. Sorry, we can't do our sick doubles team again cuz next time, D.B will be coming. Hope we get some more wicked matches in.

scinillatedseed: Hahaha what's up? I admire your ambition to beat me. It's soo freakin fun to play you, LOL. Falcon vs. Marth. KNEE, KNEE, KNEE! If you come to Seasons of Smash - KNEE!

J.L: **** man! I was just about to have my first match against you, but then I had to leave =( . Well, there's always Seasons of Smash, and you BETTER be there.

Dragon_Hawk: Once again, I will remind you of my hatred towards your ****ING IC's. **** your IC's, those *****es. LOL. Your Fox is coming along pretty good, keep it up. Hope to see you at Seasons of Smash.

G.K: Nice Peach man. You had me scared during our set O_O. Good stuff, good stuff. Keep it up.

Volasko: VOLASKO SUCKS! HAHA, what's up? My ****-talking prevails, man. But I felt pretty stupid after you guys beat us...**** you, lol.

J.B: Good **** in Singles, and **** you for beating us in doubles =(

Divine Knight: Wow...what a Fox. You made me hate U-Airs now. GG's, and congratz on 2nd place.

TGBX: Noah, congratz on 1st place, man! Your Falco just beasted on me. But you gotta admit, I came pretty close =). Can't wait to face you again at Seasons of Smash.

VexterJezter: We didn't get too many matches in, but the ones we had were good. Keep up that Samus, and I still remember that charge shot you got me with XD.

Maelstrom: Wow, not a single match. You better come to Seasons of Smash or I will put a hit out on you, punk!

Switchblade: Mattttt. Sucks that I had to face you first round. But, **** happens I guess. Keep the practice up.

----------------------------------------------------------

NNR must be happy that I'm promoting SoS =0 LOL.

3rd PLACE, WHAT WHAT !!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Alright so this was very fun. It was nice meeting you tyrant wolf that was a pretty fun peach ditto I have to say. Dragon Hawk your such a nice freindly person and your IC's are beast! (Not to mention your kirby <.<) Lanowen it was cool playing you even though you destroyed me. That was so weird when we both died on FOD at the same time. maelstorm it was tough playing you your samus was good, those sets were close. Whoever played me first round (I think it was delorted) Your peach owned me and your height is very Intimidating lol.

And major props to my doubles partner cure. it was his first tournament let alone the first time playing somebody outside of goergetown and he got 7th. (I think) Can't wait to see cures match vid where he makes a crazy return with luigi.
He's still not better than me. He's been to out of town tournaments so he has more tournament experience than me. (If you still say he's better than me due to him going to tournaments then I will reply by saying "Ok, If i go to more tournaments then Ken, am I better than him?) He beat me a few times in friendlies but I beat him more times through.
We need to 1v1 someday to see who's better.

:/

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
lol anyways fun tourney thanks to GRMO for hosting had alot of fun.....though my shout outs aren't gonna be too much...

-------------------------------------------------------

I.B. - :confused::confused::confused: Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasive Improvement........nuff said?:dizzy: :crazy: you have to lay of the Smashroids bro..LOL

Toxn - Had fun matches with you....close sets....hope to see u at the next tourney

Matt - it was fun playin u....your marth has gotten better from what i remember....lol we have to do that marth ditto again....

Andy - niiiiice samus dittos...and had fun playing doubles' friendlies....for some reason u'r the only person i can have a doubles match with...cuz u avoid all of my mistakes and still manage to do good lol..

Hugo - had fun playing you and your friend...never knew there were ppl in our school who could play thaat good...we definetly have to have matches again sometime...

Grmo we have to have a Fox ditto...it sucks that we didn't get the time..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To any1 else i played GG's had alot of fun at this tourney...to every1 else i didn't play i hope to play u at the next tourney......It was good seein alot of ppl...its been along while since a tourney or even a casual....lol

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
^ It's just as likely that they'll get Final Destination, which is just as unfair for the vast majority of people who use characters that ice climbers can chaingrab and combo from 0 to death consistently.
C-stick DI and smash DI > D-throw/D-air chain throw. There's a reason I started using d-throw/u-smash, d-throw/d-air/f-smash or whatever for combos rather than chain throws on spacies and whatnot. It's because everyone knows how to DI out of them nowadays.

Unless you're Falcon, Peach or some crap like that, the chain throws that ICs can use are pretty meh. And my wobbling isn't consistent enough to use in tournament settings. Yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom