• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Signature of the Week (Reopening Soon)!

A_man13

Smash Master
I'll see if I can sneak an entry in there. No promises; I'm kind of buisy having a "3rd place in the Guild Inn SOTW" party...

IDK

Smash Lord
so, i'm starting to do SOTW's in some places, and from what i'm reading on this one, we're allowed to get it cnc'd here? and it doesnt have to be made for this SOTW only, not previously made?

Signal

Smash Apprentice
correct

The SOTW this week goes to the blank background for the forum

SgtWikez

Smash Journeyman
Why don't you all relax and realize that some of us have lives to live. Take a break from SOTW for now. I never get many entries anyway.

A_man13

Smash Master
How many do you got in?

And stop complaining about the topic. I found the topic unique and forced me outside my confort zone.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I know my sig won't be in the running to win. I just spent 3 hours making this, my first sig ever. I'm trying to get it to show up properly.

-EDIT-
Alright it is showing up just fine. Any comments about it? Suggestions for how to make things better? I'm gonna leave this one the way it is since it's my first, but it's pretty fun, and I think I might make more.
I had to do TONS of re-shading when it came to copying/pasting the pokemon pictures from one paint file to the finished product. Also, resizing the pictures was tough because the pictures would alter, forcing me to clean them up. Which was hard and time consuming. Any tips for cutting down on that? Keep in mind I only have paint, no other programs.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
SmashBoards Signature of the Week!

Welcome!

"Signature of the Week" (SOTW) is a friendly competition with the purpose of promoting progress among artists and some fun along the way.

This thread will serve as the new and improved home for weekly themes, rules, and regulations, discussion about the current entries (displayed here), and the SOTW Hall of Fame (a resting place for previous winning entries).

Each weekend will bring a new theme. Once the week's theme has been posted, anyone and everyone who would like to enter may send their entries directly to me, SgtWikez, via Private Message in the following format:

------------------

Title: SOTW Entry #X

Contents of the PM: your signature + the URL link to your signature from any sort of image hosting site.

------------------

After the entries are sent in and the deadline has come around for the current week, the entries will be posted in this thread for everyone's viewing enjoyment.

***** Feel free to discuss the current SOTW entries in this thread, but please refrain from unrelated discussion and spam. *****

The entries will then be directed to our panel of judges who will discuss and then cast their votes in private, thus declaring the winner.

Subsequently, the winning entry will be placed in the Hall of Fame and it's creator will receive the following badge to place in their Smashboards signature space:

----------------------------

Current list of judges (additional judges may be added if deemed necessary):

SgtWikez
GFlare
Black Waltz
Plural
Hentekorino
A_Man13
Ekiox.exe
Marthmaster92
Frate
Weed

----------------------------

Good luck and have fun!

Current competition: SOTW #11
THEME: Vertical Signatures

Deadline for entries: November 13th

Deadline for voting by judges: November 17th

Rules and regulations:

- Max dimensions: 180 x 400
- Min dimensions: 50 x 250
- Animations NOT acceptable!
- All entered signatures must be viewable on the specified due date or they will be disregarded (do not delete your SOTW entry from your image hosting album).
- MUST be your own work.

-
---
------
---------
------------
---------------
------------------
---------------------
------------------------
---------------------------
------------------------------

Current Entries: INCOMING
------------------------------
---------------------------
------------------------
---------------------
------------------
---------------
------------
---------
------
---
-​

SOTW Hall of Fame

SOTW #1 (Theme - Real people):

Winning artist: Plural >>>>

---------------------------------------

SOTW #2 (Theme - Movies):

Winning artist: Black Waltz >>>>

SOTW #3 (Theme - Freestyle):

Winning artist: Marthmaster92 >>>>

SOTW #4 (Theme - Sprites):

Winning artist: Gflare >>>>

SOTW #5 (Theme - Square Enix):

SOTW #6 (Theme - Anime):

SOTW #7 (Theme - Nintendo)

Winning artst: Hentekorino >>>> (Badge coming soon)

SOTW #8 (Theme - The Orange Box)

Winning artist: Black Waltz >>>> (Badge coming soon)

SOTW #9 (Theme - Freestyle)

Winning artist: doom dragon 105 >>>> (Badge coming soon)

SOTW #10 (Theme - Black and White)

Winning artist: doom dragon 105 >>>> (Badge coming soon)

----------------------------------------------------------------

NOTICES:

- As organizer, I will not be personally entering the competition.

- Judges please keep all voting to the "SOTW Voting Crew" room or a PM to me. Thanks.

- This thread replaces all other SOTW threads in an effort to streamline the process.

- Please keep all and only SOTW discussion in this thread. Do not start new threads to discuss SOTW related topics.

- Please send me or any of the judges a private message if you have any comments, suggestions, or concerns.

- Prize badges have been posted for previous winners! Feel free to add them to your signatures.
pick mine...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I should get sig of the year, even though I've had this sig since 2007...

A_man13

Smash Master
I say that some mod comes in, locks this thread, and throwes away the key. Sgt Wikez left long ago and all of the members that are responsible enough to run this are fed up with the spam of late and are leaving. This means that likely no one would like to arrange this.

Top Bottom