• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Evolution (11-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(back to something else eh?)

the old host is dead, but he shall never be forgotten.

he has done a great service for me, one i'll find to repay him

but for now your in my hand. . . .

and. . . .

. . your going to regret that.

back to the game, the loser was @ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster , with @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon not far behind.
the lather might be out but the latter remains,
take this to recover your mistakes,
or you'll be joining him faster than how expresseo affects the brain.

. . . . . . . . . . .

not sure if you've notice but we are already half way through,
but things have been too sweet eh?
no chance to worry except for those that made mistakes, just like the occasional sour spot.
sadly I prefer things bitter here, hot and more bitter than scalding joe,
another thing I hate is things being too safe,
enough where we are just washing and rinsing the same pouch over d over again.

so I thought to myself. . .
what was the best way to change this game around.
it pondered onto me till I thought about the one thing people cared about more. . .
more than all the shiny new mugs that could bring variety to the already existing collection of cups in their draw. . . .

. . . . . . . . . . .

veterans.
they are the sign of a sweet drink,
but if you remove sweetness that's added to the cup,
all you'll remain is bitterness.

that is why I'm demanding that each surviving contestant remove 10 veterans to their roster
and replace them with brand new characters not seen in any previous smash game,
any who fail to do so will be punish with an penalty, an disqualification, and a taste of piping hot coffee on your face that even trite would be spared of.​
[collapse=vote count]
  • Andiminda - 0 (0%)
  • Angelglory - 0 (0%)
  • Chase - 0 (0%)
  • Smashermaster - 10 (47.62%)
  • The Light Music Club - 2 (9.52%)
  • The_Sheik - 1 (4.76%)
  • Smasher101 - 0 (0%)
  • SunnyDust - 0 (0%)
  • DukeNapoleon - 7 (33.33%)
  • kylexv - 0 (0%)
  • TheZombiePIg - 1 (4.76%)
[/collapse]
[collapse=surviving contestants]
@ andimidna andimidna
@ Angelglory Angelglory
@ Chase Chase
@ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club
@ The_Sheik The_Sheik
@Smasher 101
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon
@ kylexv kylexv
@ TheZombiePig TheZombiePig
[/collapse]
[collapse=roster]
Chase -

The Light Music Club-

TheZombiePig -

The_sheik -

Angelglory -

kylexv -

SunnyDust -

DukeNapoleon -

Andiminda -

[/collapse]
The break period begins now,
you got till Thursday at 8pm (eastern time) to get your rosters in,
I'll be waiting . . .

Last edited:

Chase

Smash Ace
Alright, here goes.

Sacrifices had to made, and here are the casualties.
REST IN PEACE: Ganondorf, Toon Link, Wolf, Lucario, R.O.B., Mr. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Meta Knight, Ike, and Olimar
  • GANON RETURNS - Well, the best thing after Ganondorf is Ganon. So here he is.
  • VAATI TAKES FORM - As much as I hate him, Vaati is a character I knew it would be best to replace Toon Link with.
  • RHYTHM TEAM ROCKS ON! - Bringing back a concept from the previous game that doesn't seem to have carried in yet. I just find a Marshall, Karate Joe, and Wrestler team is a lot more original than just three Marshalls.
  • ZOROARK APPEARS! - Zoroark is the Lucario of Gen V, just never reached Lucario's popularity.
  • CHIBI-ROBO PLUGS IN - I was planning on him anyway. I filled the niche of a robot character with R.O.B. and Chibi-Robo is his successor.
  • BALLOON FIGHTER BALLOONS ONTO THE FIELD - I don't like him, but I wanted another retro.
  • BUBBLES POLES ONTO THE FIELD - Bubbles is cool, so I don't mind her.
  • DARK MATTER MATERIALIZES ONTO THE FIELD - I wanted another Kirby villain to replace Meta Knight instead of Waddle Dee, and Dark Matter is the next most reccuring villain after Dedede.
  • CHROM UNSHEATHES INTO BATTLE - Was going to add him eventually.
  • ALPH PLUCKS IN - Alph is essentially Olimar, so this wasn't a very hard choice to make.
lonekonwolf, you are one cruel son of a gun.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
other cuts? You straight up told me to get rid of zoroark or ill be voted out. And I agree

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
other cuts? You straight up told me to get rid of zoroark or ill be voted out. And I agree
and I guess that's how it falls (though I would disagree that I straight out told you it), I've been planning this since axle gave me the thread and was doing it with 10 contestants left, regardless of whatever state a persons roster was in,
my advice is to hope that people base their votes on who they cut and who they replaced them with,
though you did survive before, you may get lucky (and pull off golden Icarus legendary clutch)
Would a Villager replacement count?
can't be a character that was once playable, and any form of that character (meaning no reskins) from brawl to back

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
and I guess that's how it falls (though I would disagree that I straight out told you it), I've been planning this since axle gave me the thread and was doing it with 10 contestants left, regardless of whatever state a persons roster was in,
my advice is to hope that people base their votes on who they cut and who they replaced them with,
though you did survive before, you may get lucky (and pull off golden Icarus legendary clutch)

can't be a character that was once playable, and any form of that character (meaning no reskins) from brawl to back
Wait so can I cut wii fit trainer or Villager or no?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
hmm... no you did not straight up tell me; but was that I cannot cut Zoroark?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So.... zoroark, I can cut?
And just to clarify as well, cutting shiek from zelda and zss from samus- ?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Ok once other people post I might change this:

Complicated to have extra pics.

Cut: Peach, R.O.B. , Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Ike, Wolf, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Meta Knight, Ganondorf

Added:
Mach Rider - Wanted to add him last round
Ganon - Needed him in some form here
Ghiriham - Needed another Zelda character
Toad - I had to cut Peach for space, so I added a popular Mario Character
Ashley - Wario gets two here
Anna - Made more sense than Micaiah since Ike got cut
Zoroark - The gen 5 Lucario
Dixi - Everyone else said we needed 4 DK characters
Bandana Dee - Because Kirby should stay at 3
Hoenn Trainer - I wanted Blaziken but thought he'd be better with Grovyle

Honorable Mentions: Jill Dozer, Diskun, Sukapon, Donkey Kong Jr., King Hippo, Mike Jones, Agent J

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Ok once other people post I might change this:

Complicated to have extra pics.

Cut: Peach, R.O.B. , Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Ike, Wolf, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Meta Knight, Ganondorf

Added:
Agent J - I want a music guy that wasn't from RH
Mike Jones - A non-Japan Retro to balance out the Japan Only
Prince Sable - A retro that I've seen come up here ever so often
Mach Rider - Wanted to add him last round
Dark Samus - Felt Metroid could use three.
Ganon - Needed him in some form here
Young Link - The better Toon Link
Toad - I had to cut Peach for space, so I added a popular Mario Character
Ashley - Wario gets two here
Lucas - Mother needs three by now
Anna - Made more sense than Micaiah since Ike got cut
Zoroark - The gen 5 Lucario
Dixi - Everyone else said we needed 4 DK characters
King Hippo - I think Punch Out has earned two at this point
Hoenn Trainer - I wanted Blaziken but thought he'd be better with Grovyle

Honorable Mentions: Jill Dozer, Diskun, Sukapon, Donkey Kong Jr.
that's five to many mate,
were only replacing, not adding, you still only have 55 slots
and that young link is a verteran, needs to be only newcomers

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Also, Young Link is not a completely new character.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I CALL THIS ROUND: DAMAGE CONTROL
Alright.... so i've got what I'm gonna do I think.

I will be cutting falco, wolf, toon link, ike, ness, ice climbers, rob, lucario, pokemon trainer, and...one more
(I cant believe so many people are cutting characters absolutely vital to MAIN series). This will allow me to have a roster without transformations, as LoneKon told me I can keep zelda, samus, and zoroark without their transformations. I will be going back to my original idea and not using any, dont want to be seen as someone trying to stuff characters in. *damage control*

my tenth character cut will likely be Captain Falcon, as I am not sure his series' need be included, but if I find it must be, there may be another character equally optional (I've never played the games, so this I must research).

WHO I AM ADDING:
This is the strange part. A lot of characters leave voids, so I have tried to choose ones that are not paramount to their series, or ones that the game could even feasibly do without total (meaning, as if I were not going to be able to add them back in later). I try to look at each rounds roster as if it were a complete picture. Therefore, Mario couldnt be decreased (not veterans), Zelda needed a few to remain, Kirby couldnt be cut, DK was fixed.

-Impa will be coming to join the Zelda crowd.
-Ninten will be taking Ness' place, which gives all three games of Mother representation, and takes Ness out who was only a place holder for Lucas for Sakurai.
-Krystal, to take place for lost Starfox space. Also, arguably the second character who could have been added, and the reason I trusted my gut to add in Falco over her last round.
-NOT POSITIVE ON THIS ONE, but I think Metroid is big enough for three reps. Therefore I will am between three; Adam, Sylux, and .... ugh, that woman supercomputer villain.
-Fire Emblem would need a new rep, probably. This is also not final. Yet if Kid Icarus has two--

Now, as that would be five additions. I want more newcomers, since now my series' representation is only on par and not better represented, as it seems other contestants will be adding in many new ones.
-Saki
-Marshal OR the chorus, if the latter the three men will work as a team to fight together (not like IC, but rather, as three cogs to a full picture)

Those two are a given.
But I need to add in two pokemon still, as I cut two.
Choices: Meganium, Sceptile, Greninja, Meowth, Eevee
I know where I'd like to end up, but this is the series that makes it hard. Especially if I cannot add Charizard back in anything soon. I may even add three Pokemon characters to bring it up to six. Which I think I will need to do.

If I stick with a FE character, a Metroid character, and three Pokemon, this would be the roster. But others I am toying with are

Toad, Rosalina
Muddy Mole, Bubbles, Chibi Robo, Wonder Red, the Brain Academy guy

Too bad it isnt plus fifteen, eh @thelightmusicclub?
I will need to look at how my overall roster looks and remove five of these. (this is also dependent heavily on the tenth character I cut)

Now, this will get me back into making the roster I wanted to originally make, not catering. So, the additions I will make now to require the LEAST alterations later:

Ninten, Krystal, Impa, Sceptile, Greninja
Chibi Robo, Saki, Chorus Kids, Chrom, Wonder Red

Hopefully I stay in long enough to make the edits to sharpen up my roster, though I think that lonekon has something special planned next round as well.

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
Well here's that gimmick round we were waiting for. Things gettin' crazy!

*Edited Roster in:
RosterEvolution9.png

Cut: Ganondorf, Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus, Falco, Ike, Olimar, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, R.O.B, and the Ice Climbers.
Ouch.

Added:
Vaati: Having cut Toon Link, this roster would look rather odd with Tetra and no other Toon styled character,
Ganon: Explains itself.
Dixie: DK should have 4.
Krystal: Keeping Star Fox at 3.
Alph: You can't not have Pikmin.
Bandana Dee: Gotta keep Kirby at 3.
Sylveon: Is this a good idea? I don't know. But I like it.
Dillon: A fresh miscellaneous character.
Wonder Red: See above.
Duck Hunt Dog: Need to keep the retros up.

This was a weird one. Real tough. Almost added characters like Gooey, Hawlucha, and Banjo. Might not have gone over so well.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think im gonna have to say keep marth, and take out... um...
okay, maybe marth can go for now. fire emblem has many important characters.

So-- I will add in Anna in place. but then I have no sworded characters....
This is a difficult round. Almost perfectly happy with the balance except or spots ten in addition and cutting

I honestly just want to ax fzero since I think that is probably the next least necessary franchise I have in

Last edited:

The_Sheik

Smash Apprentice
Nick Roster Evolution Roster.png

Cuts: Mr. Game & Watch, Charizard, Toon Link, Ike, Falco, Lucas, Villager, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Olimar

Added: Meowth, Ghirahim, Robin, Wrestler, Porky, Mach Rider, Kururin, Dillon, Andy, Alph

Last edited:

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929

Cuts: Sheik, Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Wolf, Charizard, Lucario, Ike, Lucas, Ice Climbers
Newcomers: Dixie Kong, Impa, Skull Kid, Saki, Alph, Krystal, Gardevoir, Zoroark, Chrom, Porky
New Series: Sin & Punishment
Total Series: 32 (Lost Ice Climber)​

kylexv

Smash Master
Roster Evolution Round 9.png

The ten in red have met a terrible fate. Who will replace them.

Ganondorf goes beastmode in Ganon!
Krystal sees an opportunity to hang out with Fox when Wolf disappeared!
Lucario was actually Zoroark in disguise!
Toon Link met with a terrible fate. Skull Kid appears!
Replacing a blue haired swordsman is only logical. Chrom replaces Ike!
After Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B.'s recent disappearance, Balloon Fighter flies in and Mach Rider speeds in!
A new captain replaces Olimar in the quest for treasure. Alph whistles in!
The Chorus Men sing a happy tune after getting in over Zero Suit Samus!
Jigglypuff blew up too much and floated into space. Gardevoir then teleports to quickly fill the spot!

This round was evil. PURE. EVIL.

EDIT: @ LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf Edited my roster. Replaced Dark Samus with Chorus Men.

Last edited:

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
Roster Evolution 2 Roster.png

Added Ganon, Skull Kid, Alph, Krystal, Blaziken, Zoroark, Chrom, Ballon Fighter, Excite Biker and Lip in favor of Ganondorf, Toon Link, Olimar, Falco, Charizard, Lucario, Ike, Mr. G&W, Ice Climbers and R.O.B.
My amount of series sticks to 32.

Last edited:

Chase

Smash Ace
My roster is now updated.
- Villager returns
- Wolf is cut
- Tom Nook is cut
- Rhythm Team is added

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Like many, I did not like this round. Not because of the cuts- especially as we have seen most people do the same thing, but because we are still back at the same number as before. Hopefully in the future we wont be able to take out these characters we added in, which would have then made this round somewhat moot at that point. :) I almost dont want to bring it up, but maybe we shold never be able to add in any of these (OR, conversely, if there are cuts everyone made, I think we all took out the Ice Climbers and ROB, maybe we could get them back for free- because no, they aren't needed, but it's sad to see them out of everyone's rosters

If anyone is around ( @ Angelglory Angelglory @ Tepig2000 Tepig2000 :

1- Game and Watch, Takamaru, duck hunt dog, balloon fighter, lip, chibi robo, lil mac, ray
2- PIkachu, Sceptile, Greninja, Zoroark, Mewtwo, Pit, Palutena, Marth, Robin (female)
3- Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Paper Mario, Yoshi, Wario, Dk, Diddy, Dixie, KRool
4- Link, Zelda, Ganon*, Impa, Vaati, Fox, Krystal, Saki, Captain Falcon, Samus, Ridley
5- Kirby, King Dedede, Metaknight, Ninten, Porky, Starfy, Dillon, Olimar, Villager (female)
6- WiiFitTrainer, Chorus Kids, Andy, Isaac, Shulk, Wonder Red, Mii

*This one feels really cheap to me, but since it is allowed and I'd prefer it... hey, maybe Ganondorf is out for Ganon in SSB4!

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Grr..... I'm having second thoughts about the ice climbers..... I don't like not having them in, and I think I'd rather have Marth out than ice climbers.... fire emblem doesnt really have important characters from one series to the next marth only happened to be first, which isnt much more than Ike, both being in two...

and first obviously doesnt matter, we get Ness and not Ninten (for those who argue first means more)
and many of those same who would argue that would also have no reason to then have kept Olimar out and put ALPH in which really makes no sense at all

edit: just saw @ Tepig2000 Tepig2000 post. that makes it easier. Thanks man :)

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Grr..... I'm having second thoughts about the ice climbers..... I don't like not having them in, and I think I'd rather have Marth out than ice climbers.... fire emblem doesnt really have important characters from one series to the next marth only happened to be first, which isnt much more than Ike, both being in two...

and first obviously doesnt matter, we get Ness and not Ninten (for those who argue first means more)
and many of those same who would argue that would also have no reason to then have kept Olimar out and put ALPH in which really makes no sense at all

edit: just saw @ Tepig2000 Tepig2000 post. that makes it easier. Thanks man :)
You may have noticed it has Rhytim Girl instead of Chorus Kids. It's because I don't have a Chorus Kids icon.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You may have noticed it has Rhytim Girl instead of Chorus Kids. It's because I don't have a Chorus Kids icon.
its chill. Just hope lone is okay with me updating in future rounds if I make it.
if possible. Id love to switchout marth and wonder red for ice climbers and Anna, making robin a boy. If mo time, no worries

andimidna

Smash Master
Competition Roster 55 round 2 Roster.png

I cut Ganondorf for his more than 3 times more recurring form GANON.
I cut Toon Link for the Zelda character I said I would add, the unique SKULL KID. (would have replaced him with Vaati if I didn't already have him)
I cut Kanto Trainer (Red) for the trainer from the new remakes, HOENN CONFIRMED TRAINER (May)
Which means Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle have been replaced by Blaziken, Grovyle, and Mudkip.
I replaced Lucario with the newer, darker ZOROARK.
I added GRENINJA as he's the most popular Gen 6 Pokemon
I replaced Jigglypuff with the much more popular fairy type GARDEVOIR (I was hoping to add my favorite Pokemon soon, seems like my best chance)
I replaced Ike with the 6 times more recurring ANNA.
I replaced all of the veteran retros. They're only important because they've been in Smash. They're much more expendable than most characters. So I needed new retros... and while CAPTAIN RAINBOW's not really retro, I associate him with retro characters, so I know he doesn't count as 1, but I already have a good amount of retros. I started a Captain Rainbow line too. Inside it, I added HIKARI + DONBE. Donbe is not in the icon because I prefer Hikari's Captain Rainbow artwork.

This roster was fun :)

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Can I sign up for the queue? Or are there not enough newcomers signed up for the queue?

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
still need @Smasher 101 to give a roster, you got 24 more hours before i'm going to have to cut you off mate
Can I sign up for the queue? Or are there not enough newcomers signed up for the queue?
the queue is only accepting people who weren't in this game, it'll start accepting current games contestants when we get enough of them, or after the game is over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom