• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Evolution (11-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Voting Anderson. Not about Blaziken, it is that he chose to cut Peach over characters such as Black Shadow... and I have no idea how this was his decision.

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet
I vote for myself because I was obligated by the rules to add back in Blaziken. Didn't really want to add him back, but hey, rules are rules. I'll take tied for 8th place/9th place. Are two people getting voted out this round?

Voting Anderson. Not about Blaziken, it is that he chose to cut Peach over characters such as Black Shadow... and I have no idea how this was his decision.
I don't like Peach and I like F-Zero. Literally my only reasoning. There, you got me.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I don't like Peach and I like F-Zero. Literally my only reasoning. There, you got me.
After three games with Peach preventing my most wanted newcomer getting in, I'm sympathizing with you, fella.(would of preferred Goroh though personally for that second rep, but I'll let it slide)

(also there isn't anything wrong with Blaziken; he's something of the Gen 3 mascot. Plusle and Minun be damned, the fire chicken is the most beloved Hoenn Pokemon.)

Rather than white wash Anderson, I'mma vote for myself.

Currently have Pokemon at 3 reps(okay Red has a trio of Pokemon, but shut up) whilst Zelda has four. What the hell me? I better fix that next round. Technically with Luigi, Yoshi, Wario and arguably Captain Toad as their own reps Mario's only at three now sitting alongside Pokemon, Kirby and Donkey Kong.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(I haven't played any twilight symphony, so I thought ill shove it down again)
As expected @ Mr_Anderson Mr_Anderson was elminated overwhelming, which again he voted himself out, seems more and more people have this pride thing going around, is it good, I don't know
Anyway just like I've discussed with dukenapoleon last time today Is another cut day, where you'll have to cut 8 slots off your rosters, smaller is always better, remember that mates.
Good luck mates

If you couldn't tell this was a joke, my apologies to anyone who gets upset,
Were actually doubling the amount of slots allowing you to get 8
Though I will state this now, we are not going to go to fictional levels of slots we are staying reasonable so don't expect end day to be 70+ something, if you dislike these days where we do not add anything or detract then that'll be tuff, I want to let this out now before this becomes an habit with everybody and future rounds.
So now pointless post over:
48 slots, 2 cuts and you can't add any previous characters that were cut last round. See ya later mates.

[Collapse=vote count]
  • yoshiandtoad 1 (9.09%)
  • smashermaster 0 (0%)
  • sunnydust 0 (0%)
  • dukenapoleon 0 (0%)
  • golden icarus 0 (0%)
  • kylexv 0 (0%)
  • thezombiepig 2 (18.18%)
  • mr_Anderson 8 (72.73%)
  • yams 0 (0%)
[/Collapse]
[collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ TheZombiePig TheZombiePig
@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon
@ kylexv kylexv
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
@ Yams Yams
[/collapse]
[Collapse=rosters]
[/collapse]

We will resume on Friday 11pm Pacific

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So, since the game is called roster evolution,
and I am personally the deciding factor as to how the roster evolves,
does that make me NATURE?

Does that mean I am winning?

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Edit: I thought the first spoiler was an error much like the many others that show up.

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
RosterEvolution12.png

No cuts.
Added:
Diddy Kong: Very iconic character, deserves to be on this roster.
Impa: Bringing several series up to 3, and Pokemon up to 4, I wanted a 4th Zelda character, and with Impa's popularity rising, I figured she was the right choice.
Takamaru: Good choice for a retro.
Zero Suit Samus: I didn't think this series should have less reps than Star Fox.
Meta Knight: A very popular character.
Falco: Popular character.
Lucario: Wanted Pokemon at 4, and he's one of the biggest in the franchise.
Wonder Red: Represents a very new, cult hit IP.

Chase

Smash Ace
View attachment 24647
No cuts.
Added:
Diddy Kong: Very iconic character, deserves to be on this roster.
Impa: Bringing several series up to 3, and Pokemon up to 4, I wanted a 4th Zelda character, and with Impa's popularity rising, I figured she was the right choice.
Takamaru: Good choice for a retro.
Zero Suit Samus: I didn't think this series should have less reps than Star Fox.
Meta Knight: A very popular character.
Falco: Popular character.
Lucario: Wanted Pokemon at 4, and he's one of the biggest in the franchise.
Wonder Red: Represents a very new, cult hit IP.
8 cuts, not slots.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That's a bit ridiculous. It's the best part of the forum....
I will keep my opinions to myself here.

Ya know, after I hit post.

kylexv

Smash Master
Roster Evolution 2 Round 12.png

Cuts:

Luigi: The hardest cut on here. Wanted to balance out the Mario series with Pokemon.
Ridley: Too big for Smash 4, too big for Roster Evolution. Instead, ZSS is added on to Samus.
Medusa: Felt like KI didn't need 2 reps.
Wolf: Another hard cut. Sorry, but if you're cut for Smash 4, you're cut for Roster Evolution.
Chibi-Robo: Felt like he shouldn't be in a roster of 32
Chorus Men: No longer relevant due to them being deconfirmed for Smash 4.
Wii Fit Trainer: Too obscure.
Ice ClImbers: Was deciding between them and DHD, but ended up choosing them to celebrate Smash 4's release with DHD.

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 24804

Cuts:

Luigi: The hardest cut on here. Wanted to balance out the Mario series with Pokemon.
Ridley: Too big for Smash 4, too big for Roster Evolution. Instead, ZSS is added on to Samus.
Medusa: Felt like KI didn't need 2 reps.
Wolf: Another hard cut. Sorry, but if you're cut for Smash 4, you're cut for Roster Evolution.
Chibi-Robo: Felt like he shouldn't be in a roster of 32
Chorus Men: No longer relevant due to them being deconfirmed for Smash 4.
Wii Fit Trainer: Too obscure.
Ice ClImbers: Was deciding between them and DHD, but ended up choosing them to celebrate Smash 4's release with DHD.
Check LoneKon's first spoiler on the post. We're adding this round.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Should we move this to the forum games so it doesn't get locked?

Edit: Here's my new roster.
SWF Evolution Round 11.png

Additions: Toad, Dixie Kong, Impa, Bandana Dee, Falco, Lucario, Wonder Red and Mii Fighters.

I wanted to focus on the bigger series this round, but I also wanted to make sure I added a couple of new series.

Honerable Mentions: King K Rool, Lucas, Samurai Goroh, Vaati, Giovanni, Lip, Takamaru

Last edited:

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
ROSTER EVOLUTION - PART 2 11Roster.png

Added Rosalina, Diddy Kong, Sheik, Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus, Robin, Falco & Greninja.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

I'm away all weekend...and with the Smash reveal I didn't have time to draw anything fanciful.

8 CUTS.

Didn't want to cut anyone who I just added(the Forbidden seven), so...
  • Metaknight replaced with Dedede
  • Vaati replaced with Zelda
  • Dillon replaced with Inkling for new reps.
  • Wolf. Well, if it was good enough for Sakurai...sadly Starfox isn't as popular as Metroid so Ridley lived this time in Wolf's place.
  • Wario was a tough cut, but Mario-verse would of taken over had I not axed one of them...and my name is YoshiandToad. Still hurt. Replaced with Captain Toad/Peach.
  • Diddy Kong was another painful one, but K. Rool was forbidden for too long. Will add back hopefully at some point.
  • Ike...I wish I could of cut Marth, but he's the OG or something so I had to cut the West's favourite. Replaced with Shulk.
  • Samurai Goroh. With Fire Emblem down to one I couldn't really let F-Zero have two.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

I'm away all weekend...and with the Smash reveal I didn't have time to draw anything fanciful.

8 CUTS.

• Wolf. Well, if it was good enough for Sakurai...sadly Starfox isn't as popular as Metroid so Ridley lived this time in Wolf's place.
  • Wario was a tough cut, but Mario-verse would of taken over had I not axed one of them...and my name is YoshiandToad. Still hurt. Replaced with Captain Toad/Peach.
  • Diddy Kong was another painful one, but K. Rool was forbidden for too long. Will add back hopefully at some point.
  • Ike...I wish I could of cut Marth, but he's the OG or something so I had to cut the West's favourite. Replaced with Shulk.
  • Samurai Goroh. With Fire Emblem down to one I couldn't really let F-Zero have two.
Not to hurt your art and effort or anything,
But. . .
If you couldn't tell this was a joke, my apologies to anyone who gets upset,
Were actually doubling the amount of slots allowing you to get 8
Though I will state this now, we are not going to go to fictional levels of slots we are staying reasonable so don't expect end day to be 70+ something, if you dislike these days where we do not add anything or detract then that'll be tuff, I want to let this out now before this becomes an habit with everybody and future rounds.
So now pointless post over:
48 slots, 2 cuts and you can't add any previous characters that were cut last round. See ya later mates.
It was under the first spoiler

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Posting mine. Ive had it and got lost in the smash hype.

8 CUTS.

Hey man; you are 16 characters short. Read the Spoiler

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Wanted to expand a few key series since we had so many additions this round (yipee); even in fear of the inevitable future cuts Though I appreciate Lones statement to keep aware that the rosters wont be huge in the end, helps me get over it now.
  • Captain Toad rounds out the Marioverse, but with a unique new franchise puzzle based exploration moveset, he is nobodies cloned pushover. How will he jump? That is his secret!
  • Dixie Kong is almost the opposite of Toad. She faced things head on, and can hover. Without K Rool being allowed to enter fray, I wanted more Donkey Kong representation. And anyone who votes against this THIS week is a communist, so... :p
  • Muddy Mole is a very unique character based on in ground attacks. I love animals, and old games brought to life. His unique move set made him stand out.
  • Wii Fit Trainer. Necessary extra franchise, fourth highest grossing ever. Deserves it, and is quirky!
  • Captain Rainbow is so colorful, in multiple ways. A new series rep, and Japanese favorite.
  • Eevee. Wanted Pokemon up to four, and without Team Rocket and Mewtwo, this as the next best rep for the generations and different types. I imagined her initially with a Pokemon Ranger to call in different evolutions each attack so that it could be cannon; but I could not find an icon.
  • Wrestler is here because he seems like the most fun Rhythm Heaven rep if not the Chorus Kids! The monkey was unavailable, so I thought having a nice heavy weight would suit well.
  • Vaati is my final character, to round out Zelda, villains, magic users, cartoons, and just be a plain awesome pick!

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Really?

I'm out of time, so I guess I'll have to forfeit.
I'm sorry mate shouldn't have played around with the game.
Though are you sure you want to forfeit, technically your roster isn't unvaild, and can be used, just it will be at an disadvantage (of coarse you always did have an massive advantage over all other players)

Chase

Smash Ace
Really?

I'm out of time, so I guess I'll have to forfeit.
PM me and I can make a form of your roster in the roster maker to keep you in the game, if you so desire. It won't be as cool as your drawings, but it will get you by for this round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom