• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Evolution (11-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
GreenReaperGod: Mach Rider, Bandana Dee
ScatmansWorld25: Vaati, Wonder Red
ThatWasPeachy: Balloon Fighter, Chrom and Lucina
Golden Icarus: Duck Hunt Dog, Ray
Jakor: Black Shadow, Tingle
SmasherMaster: Mii, Giovanni
LumaOkami: Lip, Lyn, Layton, Ghirahim, Hades

Okay so aside from LumaOkami everyone has two uniques. So she's safe from my vote at least(five uniques is pretty impressive). Scatman lost Robin in uniqueness when SmasherMaster included her/him.

Instead of judging the worth of each of your uniques as usual(which is highly speculative at best) I thought I'd shake it up this time and instead opt for series representation. Whoever has the least amount of series represented in their rosters will get my vote:

GreenReaperGod: 27 series in total
ScatmansWorld25: 25 series in total
ThatWasPeachy: 26 series in total
Golden Icarus: 28 series in total
Jakor: 25 series in total
SmasherMaster: 27 in total

Remaining choices; ScatmansWorld25 and Jakor.

So much for fair.

In the end then I guess it'll have to come down to which roster includes more of my personal favourites. Yes, it's bias time;

My incredibly controversial most wanted Newcomers;

Toad: Both have. Excellent job.
Meowth: Scatman has, Jakor does not.
Samurai Goroh: Again; Scatman has, Jakor does not.
Duck Hunt Dog(no seriously): Neither has.
Dillon: Neither has.
Dixie Kong: Jakor has, Scatman does not.
Pac-Man: Again; Jakor has, Scatman does not.
Roy or Robin for third FE rep: Scatman has, Jakor does not.
/List

Incredibly close but Scatman has 4/8, Jakor has 3/8 of my rather unusual choices.

Sorry Jakor but I'm voting for you again. For what it's worth I couldn't decide between Tingle and Vaati which unique was better. I quite like both and I'm impartial to Black Shadow and Wonder Red equally.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Here's my criteria for voting this round.

5 Mario (+1 Jakor)
4-5 Pokemon
4-5 Zelda
3-4 Kirby
3-4 Donkey Kong
2-3 Star Fox
2-3 Metroid
2 Fire Emblem (+1 LumaOkami, YoshiandToad, ThatwasPeachy, ScatmansWorld25)
1-2 F-Zero
1-2 Kid Icarus (+1 LumaOkami)
1-2 Mother
1 Yoshi
1 Wario
1 Pikmin
1 Animal Crossing
1 Punch-Out
6-8 Other (+1 Jakor, ThatwasPeachy, ScatmansWorld25)
3-5 Third Party

Jakor-2
LumaOkami- 2
ScatmansWorld25- 2
ThatwasPeachy- 2
YoshiandToad- 1
SmasherMaster- 0
GreenReaperGod- 0
Huh. Four way tie, eh? Well I guess I'll vote based on specific character choices. Well let's see here. I love ScatmansWorld25's addition of Vaati and Wonder Red. I like Jakor's additions of Tingle and Black Shadow. I like LumaOkami's Ghirahim and Lip. And I also like ThatwasPeachy's Chrom+Lucina and Balloon Fighter. However, I'm not to fond of Professor Layton, or Lyn. So, because of the addition of those 2 characters, I voted for LumaOkami. Sorry.

This one was tough. There honestly wasn't a single roster that really stuck out to me. I was honestly considering abstaining from voting entirely this round.

Actually, I had 3 Fire Emblem characters

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Seems like there was a bit of a larger majority this time...
This round saw the downfall of @LumaOkami for some of the choices in her roster. I certainly liked her choices, but the majority ruled. Thanks for playing, and if you want to play during a future game you are welcome to.

Answer Choices–
Responses–
GreenReaperGod
0%
ScatmansWorld25
10%
ThatWasPeachy
0%
GoldenIcarus
0%
jakor
20%
SmasherMaster
10%
YoshiandToad
0%
LumaOkami
60%
Total10

7 Contestants Remain... This will be quite the spectacle!
Okay, nothing fancy for this round. Just give me a 55 Slot Roster!
AND NO CUTS THIS TIME, OKAY?! And read the special bulletin in the bottom of this post.

Notifications:
@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod
@ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫
@ Starbound Starbound
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
@ Jakor Jakor
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad

New Rosters:
-GreenReaperGod-

-ScatmansWorld25-

-ThatWasPeachy-

-Golden Icarus-

-Jakor-

-SmasherMaster-

-YoshiandToad-

BREAK XI BEGINS NOW!
YOU HAVE UNTIL MONDAY TO SEND IN YOUR 55 SLOT ROSTER!

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
At this stage creativity comes out in full bloom and your choices are forced to be unique because most, if not all, significant choices have been chosen. We'll (hopefully) start to see some oddball reps. Players, you're stepping on eggshells now. I look forward to the upcoming round's choices.

Jakor

Smash Ace

Following the criticism, I tried adding more characters from new series this time around, so I added 4 of them, and only 2 of existing series.

So the characters I added are: Lucas, Krystal, Muddy Mole, Isaac, Chibi-Robo and Mii.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
We'll (hopefully) start to see some oddball reps.
At your service! Sort of! If you ignore the three obvious picks anyway.

Newcomers:
  • Shulk, the young man with the busiest outfit in the entire Nintendo world slices and dices his way into combat!
  • Lady Palutena descends from the heavens to finally complete the Smashboards Elite 4.
  • Metaknight breaks his way into the brawl, completing the Kirby series!
  • Doshin the Giant looms into battle! Jashin the Giant DOOMS into battle! Yes, it's a transformation character.
If anyone is wondering Doshin's gloves are just there to reference Master and Crazy hand. Doshin is the curator and creator and Jashin is the destroyer and bringer of chaos.
Returning Veterans:
  • Porky Minch is back for his vengeance! Didn't even have to wait 1000 years this time!
  • Blaziken somehow made it out of the black hole that is Pac-Man's stomach to join Grovyle of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon fame, Mudkip of annoying internet meme fame and May of anime fame(among darker fames) to compete in the big leagues! SORT of a returning veteran.

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord

Added Dixie Kong, Tingle, Samurai Goroh, Dillon, Chrom, and Wii Fit Trainer (and that stupid blank space above my roster)

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
So my vacation was cancelled due to various reasons (A winter storm named Titan)... although I'm not going to change the time of deadline. 6 Additions is the biggest we have had so far and it's a time teaser.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

I added: Dark Samus, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Bandanna Dee, Samurai Goroh and Mach Rider.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Well, I saw that Mii was added by Jakor. That decided that I needed new characters that were unique.

Rosalina and Luma Launch into Battle
Lucario Unleashes the Power of the Aura
Lip Puzzles Her Opponents
Sami Blows Up The Competition
Saki Blasts Into The Clash
Shulk Wields The Monado

SWF Round 11.png

Added in Rosalina, Sjulk, Sami, Saki, Lip and Lucario.

I added Lucairo and Rosalina because I wanted to get all of the Brawl veterans and confirmed newcomers in. (Plus I hinted at them last round.)
Saki because he and Isaac are both considered equal and his to represent his series. (They both are blond heros that were both assist Trophies in Brawl and their children are the main character in the sequel).
Lip is considered the second most likely retro after Takamaru. Plus another new series character.
Shulk is a pretty obvious choice, because of Project Rainfall and X.
Sami because Advanced Wars is a long running series. Bonus is that nobody else has her.
I would have had a Zelda character, but all of the good choices were taken.

Also, I was wondering if I should make a thread for these types of images.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

I guess I'll do explanations for once, it'd probably help people understand my choices.

Cranky Kong:I'm surprised nobody has picked him yet. I find him one of the more unique characters in my roster.(Which is what I always strive for, playstyle uniqueness.
Bandanna Dee:The obvious 4th Kirby character, I was debating between him and Dark Matter, but he won out for me.
Saki: Would be pretty unique, and I thought he would do well with adding more unrepresented franchises.
Wii Fit Trainer:Another new franchise character, and she also finishes the vets and the newcomers in Smash.(aside from Jiggly and Rosalina)
Mach Rider:Always been my personal favorite choice for a Retro character.
Banjo&Kazooie:They're part of my childhood, no one I'm not letting them in.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
This is madness? No, this is SWF!
And we're back to business!
Welcome to the 11th Elimination!
The rules are as always.. click the link to vote, and then post below for who you voted, and why you voted for them!

Notifications:

New Rosters:
-GreenReaperGod-

-ScatmansWorld25-

-ThatWasPeachy-

-Golden Icarus-

-Jakor-

-SmasherMaster-

-YoshiandToad-

ELIMINATION XI BEGINS NOW!
YOU HAVE 28 HOURS TO VOTE!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
2000 POST WOO.

ROUND ONE; START!

As always we start with uniques! As always I do not include who I have on my roster.

GreenReaperGod: Dillon, Chrom
Scatmansworld: Cranky Kong, Wonder Red, Vaati
ThatWasPeachy: Dark Samus, Chrom and Lucina, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Balloon Fighter
Golden Icarus: Impa, Duck Hunt Dog, Ray, Starfy, Bowser Jr.
Jakor: Krystal, Chibi-Robo, Black Shadow
SmasherMaster: Giovanni, Sami

ROUND 2: GREENREAPERGOD VS. SMASHERMASTER

Series representation! Whoever has the most series avoids my vote!

GreenReaperGod: 29 total series represented!

SmasherMaster: 31 total series represented!

Sorry GreenReaperGod, but it looks like you're getting my vote this time.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
was down for jakor or smashermaster for me,
I went with smashermaster because I don't like a few of his choices, while jakor i'm just basically neutral too
smasher master gets my vote

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Three people had a point with my revised criteria: Jakor, with four Star Fox characters, and ThatWasPeachy and ScatmansWorld25, each with five third parties. Normally this would result in me comparing the rosters.

However...I'm still making rosters just for fun, and my current roster also has five third parties. I don't want to vote for someone for doing something that I would have done myself, so I'm giving TWP and Scat a pass.

So sorry Jakor, but I'm voting you this round. I don't think Star Fox should have four characters yet; I think it would have been better to give Kirby four instead.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I decided to vote for whoever did not have Bandanna Dee, which was Jakor and SmasherMaster. I voted for Jakor mainly because of the reasons stated above.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Voted for SmasherMaster mainly because of Sami and Giovanni, which are two extremely unlikely choices, and overall, his roster doesn't have many new interesting character additions.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
My voting went by how many new series are there, as opposed to series who have not goten a playabe character in Brawl (so Punch Out, Megaman, Animal Crossing and Wii series get points)

YoshiandToad- 14 (Doshin the Giant, Shulk, Isaac, Dillon, Little Mac, Tom Nook, Prince Sable, Lip, Duck Hunt Dog, Andy, Megaman, Pacman, Banjo Kazooie and Chibi Robo)
Golden Icarus- 11 (Little Mac, Villager, Shulk, Isaac, Ray, Takamaru, Starfy, Muddy Mole, Duck Hunt Dog, Megaman and Pacman each get 1 point)
Me- 11 (Little Mac, Takamaru, Shulk, Villager, Mii/FWT, Megaman, Sami, Saki, Lip, Banjo Kazooie and Isaac get 1 point)
Scatsmanworld- 10 (Saki, WFT, Mach Rider, Little Mac, Isaac, Shulk, Villager, Megaman, Wonder Red and Banjo Kazooie get 1 point)
Jakor- 10 (Chibi Robo, Villager, Mii/WFT, Muddy Mole, Takamaru, Little Mac, Isaac, Megaman, Pacman, and Banjo Kazooie each get 1 point)
GreenReaperGod- 9.5 (Shulk, Villager, Little Mac, Mach Rider, Dillon, Isaac, WFT, Takamaru, and Pacman get 1 point. Tingle counts as .5)
ThatWasPeachy- 9 (Little Mac, Shulk, Villager, WFT, Balloon Fighter, Megaman, Banjo Kazooie and Pacman each get 1 point)

Voted for ThatWasPeachy

2000 POST WOO.

ROUND ONE; START!

As always we start with uniques! As always I do not include who I have on my roster.

GreenReaperGod: Dillon, Chrom
Scatmansworld: Cranky Kong, Wonder Red, Vaati
ThatWasPeachy: Dark Samus, Chrom and Lucina, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Balloon Fighter
Golden Icarus: Impa, Duck Hunt Dog, Ray, Starfy, Bowser Jr.
Jakor: Krystal, Chibi-Robo, Black Shadow
SmasherMaster: Giovanni, Sami

ROUND 2: GREENREAPERGOD VS. SMASHERMASTER

Series representation! Whoever has the most series avoids my vote!

GreenReaperGod: 29 total series represented!

SmasherMaster: 31 total series represented!

Sorry GreenReaperGod, but it looks like you're getting my vote this time.
I'm not sure but isn't Lip count as a unique character for me?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
WHOA! How careless! I thought for sure I'd seen Lip twice(aside from on my roster). Looks like it worked out fine in the end, but yes I goofed.

Should a mistake like this happen again, is it possible to PM BigAxle to amend my vote?
i would imagine so, i let it happened back when i ran it last time don't see why axle wouldn't allow it this time around

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
WHOA! How careless! I thought for sure I'd seen Lip twice(aside from on my roster). Looks like it worked out fine in the end, but yes I goofed.

Should a mistake like this happen again, is it possible to PM BigAxle to amend my vote?
PM Me, and I'll take note of it.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
-I recommend listening to this while reading the results. For effect.
Ok, after a heavy dose of homework, I'm back to updating!
So who was taken down this round? In a round that first appeared close, the loser lost by two votes, so unfortunately a revote from YoshiandToad wouldn't have really affected it. Sorry @ Jakor Jakor but it appears the public has spoken. I hope you join in a future game, and applaud your efforts!
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THE QUEUE!
For now, until this game is over, the queue is going to allow up to 5 more slots for 10 queue slots.
Answer Choices–
Responses–
GreenReaperGod
6.25%
ScatmansWorld25
0%
ThatWasPeachy
31.25%
GoldenIcarus
0%
jakor
43.75%
SmasherMaster
18.75%
YoshiandToad
0%
Total16

6 Contestants remain? I see. For this Break, there's no special condition. Your roster limit is 60. By the way, no cuts allowed this round.

Notifications:

New Rosters:
-GreenReaperGod-

-ScatmansWorld25-

-ThatWasPeachy-

-Golden Icarus-

-SmasherMaster-

-YoshiandToad-

BREAK XII BEGINS NOW!
YOU HAVE UNTIL FRIDAY EVENING CENTRAL TIME TO SEND IN YOUR 60 SLOT ROSTER!

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
That was way too close!

Added: Isaac, Andy, Lip, Takamaru and Chibi Robo.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Decided to add some new series representation

Added: Prince Sable, Lip, Starfy, Saki, and Aeron.

Hopefully I'm not murdered in my sleep for adding Aeron...

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

NEWCOMERS:
  • Bowser Jr. tags himself in! Bowser Jr. naturally comes with that much beloved paintbrush of his.
  • Marshall lays down some beats! With Karate Joe and Rhythm Wrestler backing him up in combat!
  • Fossil Fighter makes the competition extinct! The Fossil Fighter Hero can summon various Vivosaurs to help him in battle. T-Rex here is the most dangerous!
  • Starfy spins onto the battlefield! Starfy! Why did you even come?!?

• A FIFTH Third Party appears! Wonder Red brings his oversized fists to the fight!
Edit: Hoenn Trainer was missing off the Roster. Doh.

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord

NEWCOMERS:
  • Bowser Jr. tags himself in! Bowser Jr. naturally comes with that much beloved paintbrush of his.
  • Marshall lays down some beats! With Karate Joe and Rhythm Wrestler backing him up in combat!
  • Fossil Fighter makes the competition extinct! The Fossil Fighter Hero can summon various Vivosaurs to help him in battle. T-Rex here is the most dangerous!
  • Starfy spins onto the battlefield! Starfy! Why did you even come?!?

• A FIFTH Third Party appears! Wonder Red brings his oversized fists to the fight!
Edit: Hoenn Trainer was missing off the Roster. Doh.
Fossil Fighter! One of my favorite game series ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom