• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Evolution (11-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

Cut: Meowth, Ike, Lucas
Added: Sonic, Mega Man, Banjo and Kazooie and Professor Layton

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Umm, the last roster I used only had 42 characters, not 43 and the character I accidentally forgot to add was Captain Falcon. Could I readd him with other 4 third parties or do I have to wait till next round?

If I can't add Falcon, who should I have for my extra slot?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Umm, the last roster I used only had 42 characters, not 43 and the character I accidentally forgot to add was Captain Falcon. Could I readd him with other 4 third parties or do I have to wait till next round?

If I can't add Falcon, who should I have for my extra slot?
I was taking a look, readd falcon. It's an honest mistake.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
*crosses fingers*

Cut: Bandanna Dee, Pokemon Trainer, and Toon Link
Added: Megaman, Pac-Man, Snake, and Professor Layton

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord

Cut Balloon Fighter, Lucario, and Palutena

Added Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man. Sorry for the blandness.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Alright so let's get cracking.

First the cuts;

• Anna. A lot of people complained about my lack of Marth so I've disposed of Anna for now to make room for him in the future. If I must. Sorry BluePikmin11.
  • Blaziken. For some reason Blaziken doesn't seem to have gelled well with many of you. Sorry BindingBlade.
  • Last cut was the hardest;

Considered Vaati due to comments last time, but I am NOT adding Toon Link. I still think two versions of the same character IS a waste of a roster slot, so that's just not happening people.

Also considered Krystal, but honestly the amount of times I drew her I've actually ended up kind of attached. I drew Anna a lot too but she was always a pain to draw and thus had the opposite affect.

Considered a Mario character for 0.2 seconds but err...I mean seriously; The main four are all important and I'm Toad's most vocal fan on the site. You honestly expect me to drop a member of the Mario Kart 8? You crazy kids!

Also refused to drop any new series or my one retro even if DHD hasn't gone down well with everyone.

So it came down to either Goroh or Porky to be cut. I decided due to overall game appearances that I'd cut Porky. For now.

Dammit I just cut three of my unique characters! Now I only have Dillon, Krystal, Roy, Andy, Chibi Robo and Tom Nook! This round is evil.

Now for the newcomers;

• I decided to go for newcomers that had some major influence or relation to Nintendo rather than personal preference.
  • Sonic; At one point was Mario's BIGGEST rival and thus is the obvious first choice for a 3rd party. I actually grew up with Sonic more than Mario so he was a given to me...and everyone else on the planet.
  • Megaman; one of the NES/SNES games that defined that generation. I have absolutely no attachment to Megaman though personally.
  • Pac-Man; Miyamoto's favourite video game character, Pac-Man's done more to shape the video game industry than everyone on the roster combined. He was an absolute must.
  • Not Solid Snake AKA Banjo-Kazooie, everyone's favourite impossible 3rd Party option now due to the stupid decision to let Microsoft buy Rare and run their company into the ground like a bunch of jackasses. Seriously.
Honestly though if I went purely for personal favourites Bomberman and Rayman would be in over Megaman and Banjo-Kazooie. I grew up on Bomberman and Rayman's one of the few platformer series that seem to have gotten better this generation opposed to worse.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

Alright so let's get cracking.

First the cuts;

• Anna. A lot of people complained about my lack of Marth so I've disposed of Anna for now to make room for him in the future. If I must. Sorry BluePikmin11.
  • Blaziken. For some reason Blaziken doesn't seem to have gelled well with many of you. Sorry BindingBlade.
  • Last cut was the hardest;

Considered Vaati due to comments last time, but I am NOT adding Toon Link. I still think two versions of the same character IS a waste of a roster slot, so that's just not happening people.

Also considered Krystal, but honestly the amount of times I drew her I've actually ended up kind of attached. I drew Anna a lot too but she was always a pain to draw and thus had the opposite affect.

Considered a Mario character for 0.2 seconds but err...I mean seriously; The main four are all important and I'm Toad's most vocal fan on the site. You honestly expect me to drop a member of the Mario Kart 8? You crazy kids!

Also refused to drop any new series or my one retro even if DHD hasn't gone down well with everyone.

So it came down to either Goroh or Porky to be cut. I decided due to overall game appearances that I'd cut Porky. For now.

Dammit I just cut three of my unique characters! Now I only have Dillon, Krystal, Roy, Andy, Chibi Robo and Tom Nook! This round is evil.

Now for the newcomers;

• I decided to go for newcomers that had some major influence or relation to Nintendo rather than personal preference.
  • Sonic; At one point was Mario's BIGGEST rival and thus is the obvious first choice for a 3rd party. I actually grew up with Sonic more than Mario so he was a given to me...and everyone else on the planet.
  • Megaman; one of the NES/SNES games that defined that generation. I have absolutely no attachment to Megaman though personally.
  • Pac-Man; Miyamoto's favourite video game character, Pac-Man's done more to shape the video game industry than everyone on the roster combined. He was an absolute must.
  • Not Solid Snake AKA Banjo-Kazooie, everyone's favourite impossible 3rd Party option now due to the stupid decision to let Microsoft buy Rare and run their company into the ground like a bunch of *******es. Seriously.
Honestly though if I went purely for personal favourites Bomberman and Rayman would be in over Megaman and Banjo-Kazooie. I grew up on Bomberman and Rayman's one of the few platformer series that seem to have gotten better this generation opposed to worse.
I feel the most sorry for blaziken, god knows what happens inside pacman's bottomless stomach

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I feel the most sorry for blaziken, god knows what happens inside pacman's bottomless stomach
If Blaziken escapes from there I don't think he'll want to talk about it.

Not that he could anyway.
He's a Pokemon.
Pokemon as a rule don't talk.
In the human language anyway.
Thus we wouldn't understand him even if he did tell us.
That is the joke.
You got it right?
Yeah, I'm sure you did. You seem fairly smart.
Don't prove me wrong by keep reading this. You're smart right? Stop it.
Seriously guy! There's nothing past this
Told you.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
If Blaziken escapes from there I don't think he'll want to talk about it.

Not that he could anyway.
He's a Pokemon.
Pokemon as a rule don't talk.
In the human language anyway.
Thus we wouldn't understand him even if he did tell us.
That is the joke.
You got it right?
Yeah, I'm sure you did. You seem fairly smart.
Don't prove me wrong by keep reading this. You're smart right? Stop it.
Seriously guy! There's nothing past this
Told you.
i'm glad I cheated and just quoted you, so I could see what you posted instead of clicking through all those, your joke failed

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
rosterevolutionnine.png

Bomberman, Layton, Pac-Man, Banjo.

I really, really, really, really hate not having Sonic and Mega Man here, and I'm fairly sure it will end up in my elimination, but I had to cut them for now. Six third parties would just be way too much. If I lose because of this, so be it.

Also I cut Wii Fit Trainer because her and Saki were the only two that felt somewhat expendable and I didn't want to get rid of my currently only unique character. And I changed Diddy's art following his confirmation today.

Starbound

Added Banjo to my roster instead of Black Mage.

Only in this game is he a serious contender. :p

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I knew we were going to have a cuts round someday, but I never prepared myself for it...

Cuts: Toon Link, Lucario, and Samurai Goroh.
Added:Sonic, Snake, Megaman, and Wonder Red.
If any of you want explainations, go ahead and ask.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Done. Replaced Snake by Banjo & Kazooie. We all love Banjo.
Gonna fess up: I decided to take a two week stunt recently playing only Rare games like B+J and Conker's Bad Fur Day for the first time.... WORTH IT!

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Alrihgt, I had a hard time deciding who to cut. Those three are

Falco, Palutena and Isaac, I plan on adding them all back next round if they apply

I started with everybody on the choping block, I but I took everybody confirmed. (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, DK, Diddy, Link, Zelda, Toon Link, Samus, Pit, Kirby, Dedede, Fox, Olimar, Villager, Piakchu, Marth, and Little Mac)
I then took out Smash veterans for their own franchises (Yoshi, Wario, Ice Climbers, ROB, Captain Falcon, G+W)
My two unique choices must stay (Mii Giovanni)
Villians must stay. For the EVILOLZ (K Rool, Ganondorf, Ridley, Meta Knight, Wolf, Mewtwo)
Took out Ness and Jigglpyuff because of Smash traditions.
That left Toad, Takamaru, Palutena, Falco, Isaac, Ike, and Lucas. Random generator of randomness choose those three randomly.

I added the

THE FIRST EVER THIRD PARTY CHARACTER, SNAKE!!!
THE FASTEST CHILLI LOVING HEDGEHOG, SONIC!!!
THE BLUE ROBOT THAT CAN STEAL POWERS FROM HIS DEFEATED ENEMIES, MEGAMAN!!!
EVERYBODY'S FAVORITE BEAR AND BIRD COMBO THAT WAS DOOMED BY MICROSOFT, BANJO KAZOOIE!!!*

List of characters considered (mostly the everybody except for Geno. Bad idea that I forgot quickly.)
  • Geno
  • Wonder Red
  • Layton
  • Maxwell
  • Bomberman
  • Pacman
  • Sora
SWF Round 9.png

*Banjo Kazooie may or may not be your afvorite bear and bird combo doomed by Microsoft.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
SWF.png

new one:p
cut lyn (people said three fire emblem too much), hades (people said three kid Icarus was too much), wolf (personal dislike of series)
added sonic, mega man, banjo and kazooie, and prof. layton

Louie G.

Smash Hero
BigAxle Roster.png

Here it is. Cut Lucario, Lucas, and Muddy Mole (weeps) for Sonic, Mega Man, Snake, and Pac-Man.

Sorry if I take too long again. If I take REALLY long then just cut me. I don't want it to come to that.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I decided to base the loser my vote on who they cut. What's bad for you? Cutting my personal favorites, staple characters, and single-rep franchises.

Jakor: Jigglypuff (5/5), Medusa (5/5), Falco (2/5) Total: 12/15
ThatWasPeachy: Lucas (3/5), Ike (1/5), Meowth (0/5) Total: 4/15
GrimReaperGod: P. Trainer (2/5), Toon Link (2/5), Bandana Dee (2/5) Total: 6/15
Golden Icarus: Palutena (2/5), Balloon Fighter (0/5), Lucario (Back To Zero) Total: Nothing
Yoshi and Toad: Pokey (5/5), Anna (5/5), Blaziken (2/5) Total: 12/15
Smasher 101: Wii Fit Trainer (1/5), Sonic (1/5), Mega Man (0/5) Total: 2/15
ScatsmansWorld25: S. Goroh (5/5), Toon Link (2/5), Lucario (Back To Zero) Total: Nothing
SmashMaster: Palutena (2/5), Faclo (2/5), Isaac (0/5) Total: 4/15
LumaOkami: Lyn (5/5), Wolf (1/5), Hades (Back to Zero) Total: Nothing
Louie G.: Lucas (3/5), Muddy Mole (1/5), Lucario (Back to Zero) Total: Nothing

An unsurprising tie happened, because I knew Lucario was going to get cut somewhere. Tiebreaker between: Golden Icarus, ScatsmansWorld25, LumaOkami, and Louie G. I based the tiebrakers on who they added:

LumaOkami and Louie G. are saved by Layton, Banjo, and Pac-Man. The only other person with a unique addition is...
ScatsmansWorld25!

My vote has to go to Golden Icarus. I would've cut Toon Link, S. Goroh, and Meta Knight, if I were you (Toad, Duck Hunt Dog, and Red would've worked too).

PS. The "Back to Zero" characters were: Roy, Lucario, Ghirahim, Lucina, Robin, Hades, and Viridi.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I decided to base the loser my vote on who they cut. What's bad for you? Cutting my personal favorites, staple characters, and single-rep franchises.

Golden Icarus: Palutena (2/5), Balloon Fighter (0/5), Lucario (Back To Zero) Total: Nothing
ScatsmansWorld25: S. Goroh (5/5), Toon Link (2/5), Lucario (Back To Zero) Total: Nothing

An unsurprising tie happened, because I knew Lucario was going to get cut somewhere. Tiebreaker between: Golden Icarus, ScatsmansWorld25, LumaOkami, and Louie G. I based the tiebrakers on who they added:

LumaOkami and Louie G. are saved by Layton, Banjo, and Pac-Man. The only other person with a unique addition is...
ScatsmansWorld25!

My vote has to go to Golden Icarus. I would've cut Toon Link, S. Goroh, and Meta Knight, if I were you (Toad, Duck Hunt Dog, and Red would've worked too).

PS. The "Back to Zero" characters were: Roy, Lucario, Ghirahim, Lucina, Robin, Hades, and Viridi.
And the first vote goes to me! What a good sign!

Starbound

ScatsmansWorld25!

Can you use some brighter colors please? The greens and red are hard to see on a black background.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I hope I can add the three characters I cut next round. :( I had such a hard time choosing. I even considered pasting Geno's face over Toad only to bring back Toad the next round.
(Though the Toad supports would go after me right away)
Knowing my luck, the challenge for the next round is that you need to add character from only series you didn't cut a character from.
Me and my big mouth.
Hopefully this doesn't become the case.

Also, shouldn't the voting be starting now?

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I even considered pasting Geno's face over Toad only to bring back Toad the next round.
(Though the Toad supports would go after me right away)
I think that's literally the one thing you could do that would make me instantly vote for you without factoring in uniqueness. Cut Toad and replace with a worthwhile 3rd party protagonist? Acceptable.
Geno though? A secondary lead in a singular game? Sure he'd be more unique a pick than Toad(since a few of us have selected him), but having secondary lead from a one off RPG replace a reoccurring secondary lead from the main Mario platformers would feel kinda weird and wrong. Like if Goombella suddenly replaced Luigi.

(Of course you do say you'll change it back...if I knew that at the time of voting I'd probably take it into consideration, but still)

Gah, pointless rant over. You didn't do that so I'll be judging with my usual uniqueness clause as soon as the round begins.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
People, please! LET ME SET UP THE POLL FIRST!
I GOT BUSY LAST NIGHT WHEN I WAS GOING TO MAKE THE POLL!
I AM MAKING IT NOW!

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Here. You guys can now legitimately vote. And don't forget to do the usual say who you voted for and why you voted for them as many have done already in a post below. Remember the poll has a slight delay.

Notifications:
@ Louie G. Louie G.
@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod
@ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫
@ Starbound Starbound
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
@ Jakor Jakor
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
@ Smasher 101 Smasher 101
@ Natz~ Natz~

New Rosters: