• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Evolution (11-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I'm doing Over-Representation again. You get 0 points for the first 2 reps of a series and 1 point for every additional rep.

Louie G. = 9
GreenReaperGod = 8
ScatmansWorld25 = 9
ThatWasPeachy = 10
Golden Icarus = 9
Jakor = 10
SmasherMaster = 10
YoshiandToad = 10
Smasher 101 = 11
LumaOkami = 11

So it was a tie between Smasher 101 and LumaOkami. I decided to vote for Smasher 101 because he did not have Sonic or Megaman.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
I voted for LumaOkami for cutting Wolf when she only had two Star Fox characters. While I understand that you don't like the series, it's still a major series and I don't think knocking it down to one character in a 40+ roster, also causing it to have less than the likes of Mother and Kid Icarus, is a good idea. I think dropping Lucas or a Zelda character would have been better. Believe it or not, the people who had Sonic before and didn't cut him were also in danger of getting my vote because I think it's better to drop third-parties you already have for this round rather than have more third parties than other players. While never having Sonic or Mega Man at all isn't a good idea, having either in a previous round and cutting them later to keep from having an overload of third-parties is fine in my opinion.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
You all know how I vote by now;

Louie G.: Muddy Mole(This surprised me...quite a lot) Lip

GreenReaperGod: Mach Rider

ScatmansWorld25: Vaati, Robin and the only one to have a totally unique 3rd party in Wonder Red! Officially Mr. Unique right now.

ThatWasPeachy: Chrom and Lucina, Balloon Fighter

Golden Icarus: Duck Hunt Dog, Ray.

Jakor: Black Shadow.

SmasherMaster: Mii, Giovanni.

Smasher 101: Saki.

LumaOkami: Ghirahim. She cut two of her uniques! Doh!

Not sure if I missed anything else but we do the old usual and remove the ones with the most uniques; Scatman, ThatwasPeachy, Golden Icarus and SmasherMaster and move onto the next round of judging:

So which unique has the least value? Lip, Mach Rider, Black Shadow, Saki or Ghirahim?

Lip, Mach Rider and Saki are the protagonists of unrepped series thus overall hold slightly more value on the Smash Roster.

I was struggling hard trying to work out who of the two antagonists held the most value. They're both comparable. Both are major antagonists in their game.

Game spoilers here for both F-Zero GX and Skyward Sword:
both are being controlled by bigger villains than themselves, and thus aren't the REAL main antagonists of their game. Deathborn for Black Shadow, Demise for Ghirahim.

In the end I went for Black Shadow because Ghirahim, whilst a one time villain...his series is at least still active.

So; sorry Jakor, but this round I'm voting for you.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
i voted for green reaper god, mainly because of his cuts, he cuted two of my mains and favorite characters along with my most wanted newcomer.
he gets my vote

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I voted based on the third party characters this round. I would have voted for whoever didn't have both Sonic and Megaman. Smasher 101 had them last round and didn't want too many 3rd party characters. So I changed it to whoever didn't have Snake or Pacman.

Between LumaOkami and ThatwasPeachy, they shared the same third party characters.

LumaOkami's cuts made more sense to me. (At least Lyn and Hades) So I voted for ThatwasPeachy

Last edited:

Jakor

Smash Ace
Decided to vote again for Golden Icarus this time around. Here are the reasons I posted previously that still applies:
  • First, Duck Hunt Dog as a retro character. Duck Hunt Dog isn't that bad, but other retro characters such as Takamaru and Muddy Mole have better and more unique designs than a regular dog.
  • Then, Shulk who is a one-shot character from an obscure franchise. I think there are way better choices to choose from when it comes to representing new series.
  • And I think Ray is great for an assist trophy, but as a character, not so much. I can't see him being more than a lesser version of Mega Man or Samus, really.
  • Also, Meowth.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I didn't want to cut Muddy, it was a bit warranted though as he was the least likely on there. :crying:
That being said I'm adding him again next round, along with Lucario and Lucas probably.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD THE RESULTS ARE IN, FOLKS!
Who got sent out the front door today? It seems @ Smasher 101 Smasher 101 was the unlucky chap. Perhaps because of your Third Party Selection? Regardless, glad you played, I'd love to see you pop in during a future game.

Answer Choices–
Responses–
Louie G.
0%
GreenReaperGod
7.14%
ScatmansWorld25
0%
Smasher 101
28.57%
ThatWasPeachy
14.29%
GoldenIcarus
21.43%
jakor
7.14%
SmasherMaster
0%
YoshiandToad
0%
LumaOkami
21.43%
Total14

Notifications:
@ Louie G. Louie G.
@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod
@ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫
@ Starbound Starbound
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
@ Jakor Jakor
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
@ Natz~ Natz~

So, many of you expected a special rule? Too bad, simple round!
You now have 49 Slots (and a free Random Slot to make your roster look all nice and rectangular!
-You can cut one character if you wish. That's the limit, though, and it must end up being 49 slots.

New Rosters:
-GreenReaperGod-

-ScatmansWorld25-

-ThatWasPeachy-

-Golden Icarus-

-Jakor-

-SmasherMaster-

-YoshiandToad-

-LumaOkami-

BREAK X BEGINS NOW!
YOU HAVE UNTIL WEDNESDAY EVENING TO SEND IN YOUR 49 SLOT ROSTER!

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

Cut: Layton
Added: Snake, Pac-Man, Dixie Kong, Lucario, Ike and Lucas

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Another thing:
-You can cut one character if you wish. That's the limit, though.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Added: Bandanna Dee, Pokemon Trainer, Toon Link, Lucas and Isaac

I didn't know we could cut one character. New roster will be up in a sec

Added: Bandanna Dee, Pokemon Trainer, Toon Link, Isaac, and Mii
Cut: Professor Layton

Last edited:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Yeah, I knew I was doomed the second I saw the rule. It was either keep Sonic and Mega Man and have six third parties, or enter the round without the two most popular third parties. Either way I didn't see how I would possibly make it out of that round. Oh well, I managed to beat half of the players, so that's something. I'm still going to be voting, and I'll definitely consider joining the next game.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
One thing I appreciate about this game is that If you get out or never signed up, you can still play along, whether it be voting, making the roster(s), or both.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Next round woooo!

Either way,

PALUTENA DESCENDS FROM THE HEAVENS, AGAIN!!!
FALCO FLYS INTO BATTLE AGAIN!!!
ISAAC FINALLY GET FOR HIS TURN, AGAIN!!!
WII FIT TRAINER WEIGHTS IN!
TACTICIAN PLANS THE BATTLE

SWF Round 10.png

I readded Palutena, Falco and Isaac, along with the new additions of the Tactican and Wii Fit Trainer.

All of the Brawl and confirmed characters are here. Expect for a certain aura Pokemon and a certain space princess. Foreshadowing for the win...

Last edited:

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
One thing I appreciate about this game is that If you get out or never signed up, you can still play along, whether it be voting, making the roster(s), or both.
Yeah, I've been voting and playing along since my untimely defeat. I'll be back for the next game for the win.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Newcomers:
  • Everyone's favourite (bland but) practical smash swordsman and mascot of Fire Emblem (that isn't Anna); Marth!
  • Loved by everyone but Nintendo, the most requested newcomer for Super Smash Bros. 4; King K. Rool!

I remembered someone pointing out my lack of retros so I attempted to rectify that this round;

• A swordsman retro that is often associated with Blue! Prince Sable!
  • Super Smash Bros. most popular retro; Original Gangster Mr. Game and Watch!
  • Smashboards other most popular retro, fed up about being constantly replaced with Yoshi; Lip!
Prince Sable can naturally switch between his frog and snake forms as you'd imagine on the fly(rather than separate transformations).

Other retros considered; Muddy Mole, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Bubbles, Mach Rider...maybe eventually, but with four retros right now that should be enough for the time being.

No cuts...and no returning vets yet either...hmmm...

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
What's this? Three chaps missing their rosters? Bloody hell!
@ Louie G. Louie G. and @ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫ please send in your rosters by this evening or you face elimination.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
As for our other contestant, he's currently facing the risk of elimination.
Any objections to eliminating @ Louie G. Louie G. in 20 minutes if there is no response? Or shall we delay?

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
As for our other contestant, he's currently facing the risk of elimination.
Any objections to eliminating @ Louie G. Louie G. in 20 minutes if there is no response? Or shall we delay?
I thought of some challenge rules. Characters that are associated with a color, appeared on a certain system and would just be another swordsman.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Then so be it. Louie G has been cut.
Update coming soon.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

Alrighty folks, let's get the show on the road!
You know the drill.... Vote, then respond with a post below saying who you voted for and why! (Remember, the poll has a small delay.)

Notifications:
@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod
@ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫
@ Starbound Starbound
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
@ Jakor Jakor
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
@ Natz~ Natz~

New Rosters:
-GreenReaperGod-

-ScatmansWorld25-

-ThatWasPeachy-

-Golden Icarus-

-Jakor-

-SmasherMaster-

-YoshiandToad-

-LumaOkami-

ELIMINATION X BEGINS NOW!
YOU HAVE ABOUT 22 HOURS TO VOTE!

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Ok I'm going back to my old system. I'm not going to make another extremely long post but Golden Icarus and SmasherMaster are safe from my vote this round (neither got points with my system) and here's why everyone else isn't:

GreenReaperGod: Still find it too early for four Kirby characters.
ScatmansWorld25: I would have waited just a little longer to have five Zeldas.
ThatWasPeachy: Too many third parties. We just added four, no need to add even more.
Jakor: Another with five Zeldas. And it's still too early for six Marios in my opinion.
YoshiandToad: Pokemon should be brought back to five.
LumaOkami: Five Zelda characters I don't think Kid Icarus should have more than two. And I think Star Fox should have three by this point.

Convert these into points and LumaOkami has the most with three (Jakor has two and the others have one each). So she gets my vote again.

Last edited:

Jakor

Smash Ace
Voted for LumaOkami this time, cause I think there are too many things wrong with his roster:
  • Prof. Layton and Banjo & Kazooie as third party reps are very unlikely I think, especially Banjo who has pretty much zero chance due to belonging to Microsoft. (This might sound hypocritical as I have him in my roster too).
  • Too many Kid Icarus reps. Only one more could be added, and even if there was a third one, I think Medusa would take priority.
  • Ghirahim as the new Zelda rep. One shot character like Zant, Midna, Yuga and many others. His level of importance is the same as them, and I don't see any of them taking priority over more relevant characters to the series as a whole, such as Impa, Tingle or even Vaati.
  • Lyn as a third Fire Emblem rep. Again, I don't think she would add much in terms of playstyle to differ from the other already present characters.
  • Shulk as a newcomer. I've said it before, but I don't think Shulk is a really important character to warrant a spot instead of many more iconic Nintendo characters. He has appeared in only one game, he doesn't seem to re-appear in the new game also, and Xenoblade came out too. I think characters from new series (such as Villager, Little Mac or Wii Fit Trainer) don't deserve a spot if their franchise is not important or popular enough overall to Nintendo.
  • Lip as your choice for a retro character. I don't think it's really that much of a bad choice, just that I personally think there are other retro characters that would be more interesting to play as.
  • No King K. Rool. Probably the most wanted newcomer at this point. Not including him in your roster seems like a bad decision. He would take priority over Dixie as he would be much more unique. (Even though Dixie could be very unique too).

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Here's my criteria for voting this round.

5 Mario (+1 Jakor)
4-5 Pokemon
4-5 Zelda
3-4 Kirby
3-4 Donkey Kong
2-3 Star Fox
2-3 Metroid
2 Fire Emblem (+1 LumaOkami, YoshiandToad, ThatwasPeachy, ScatmansWorld25, SmasherMaster)
1-2 F-Zero
1-2 Kid Icarus (+1 LumaOkami)
1-2 Mother
1 Yoshi
1 Wario
1 Pikmin
1 Animal Crossing
1 Punch-Out
6-8 Other (+1 Jakor, ThatwasPeachy, ScatmansWorld25)
3-5 Third Party

Jakor-2
LumaOkami- 2
ScatmansWorld25- 2
ThatwasPeachy- 2
YoshiandToad- 1
SmasherMaster- 1
GreenReaperGod- 0
Huh. Four way tie, eh? Well I guess I'll vote based on specific character choices. Well let's see here. I love ScatmansWorld25's addition of Vaati and Wonder Red. I like Jakor's additions of Tingle and Black Shadow. I like LumaOkami's Ghirahim and Lip. And I also like ThatwasPeachy's Chrom+Lucina and Balloon Fighter. However, I'm not to fond of Professor Layton, or Lyn. So, because of the addition of those 2 characters, I voted for LumaOkami. Sorry.

This one was tough. There honestly wasn't a single roster that really stuck out to me. I was honestly considering abstaining from voting entirely this round.

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Welp, looks Like LumaOkami's out of the count. She has one of my favorite rosters (Lucario, Ghirahim, Hades, Banjo-Kazooie)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom