• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Evolution (11-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord

Added Lucario, Ray 01, Palutena, and Balloon Fighter. I got YoshiandToad's vote last round for not having any unique characters, hopefully Ray changes that.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Hmmm...I have the slight issue of having recently lost a lot of free time. I don't think I'll be able to draw 43 characters in time this time.

I may have to compromise. I'll use the regular Roster Maker and then draw the newcomers.

Which sucks because I hate compromising on artwork.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Now we have entering…

He is a pirate captain, mad scientist, boxer and king of the kremlings all rolled up into one, KING K ROOL!!!
The goddesses of light, and a member of Club Nintendo, LADY PALUTENA!!!
The cocky pilot who prefers the air but somehow uses a Landmaster, FALO!!!
And the water walking, invisible, clay bomb throwing ninja, TAKAMARU!!!

SWF Round 8.png

I added K Rool, Palutena, Falco and Takamaru. This might not work because my internet is really bad for the next couple of days.

My image uploaded isn't best. Luckily, I was able to use another computer.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Like I said; I have less time than before, and 43 is a heck of a lot characters to draw. So here's a compromise; Jakor's Wonderful Roster Maker is added to my pics from here on(it's not a newcomer though).

I only add characters I like or at the very worst am indifferent to but understand the importance of said character. So everyone on my roster is at least someone I semi-like.

Newcomers:
  • Pokemon Trainer finally joins my roster! A little overdue, but I decided to include him now to balance Mario and Pokemon out, and frankly I don't see Lucario or Jigglypuff as important as he is. Comes with the traditional Squirtle, Ivysaur and everyone's favourite Charizard.*
  • Dillon is a character I really like, so sorry Kon, but I'm bumping into your roster's territory. Plus he's freaking awesome.
  • Andy is a character I've also got a soft spot for...well, him and Sami. I really would like the Wars series to get a rep this time round. I went with Andy just because he seems to be the main character in the Advance Wars games.
  • Chibi-Robo. It was a toss up between trying to find another new series I liked a bit or adding a Kid Icarus character. But I'm pretty neutral on every KI character, and Chibi-Robo would mean another unique rep so I sided with the little Robot.
On the bright side, my roster is ever so slightly less chaotic now, and series are lumped together(except the newcomers) so it should be easier to spot who I have for each franchise.

*Charizard may or may not be your favourite.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord

Like I said; I have less time than before, and 43 is a heck of a lot characters to draw. So here's a compromise; Jakor's Wonderful Roster Maker is added to my pics from here on(it's not a newcomer though).

I only add characters I like or at the very worst am indifferent to but understand the importance of said character. So everyone on my roster is at least someone I semi-like.

Newcomers:
  • Pokemon Trainer finally joins my roster! A little overdue, but I decided to include him now to balance Mario and Pokemon out, and frankly I don't see Lucario or Jigglypuff as important as he is. Comes with the traditional Squirtle, Ivysaur and everyone's favourite Charizard.*
  • Dillon is a character I really like, so sorry Kon, but I'm bumping into your roster's territory. Plus he's freaking awesome.
  • Andy is a character I've also got a soft spot for...well, him and Sami. I really would like the Wars series to get a rep this time round. I went with Andy just because he seems to be the main character in the Advance Wars games.
  • Chibi-Robo. It was a toss up between trying to find another new series I liked a bit or adding a Kid Icarus character. But I'm pretty neutral on every KI character, and Chibi-Robo would mean another unique rep so I sided with the little Robot.
On the bright side, my roster is ever so slightly less chaotic now, and series are lumped together(except the newcomers) so it should be easier to spot who I have for each franchise.

Have to say, I'm impressed with your roster now. A few rounds ago I wanted you out (Dog & Duck, Rawk Hawk, Pokey...) but your additions the last couple rounds have tied up every unmet need I saw with your roster. Andy, Chibi-Robo, and Dillon are all major points with me, if nothing than representing smaller, underrated series.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936

Newcomers:

Only bad thing I notice is Anna is here but Marth isn't.

Also, can I still vote even after being eliminated?

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
One competitor left. @ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫ please post a roster soon or remind me of it if I missed it, or you risk delaying the game or elimination.

Unless of course I missed it.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
LETS BEGIN!
You know the rules. Anyone can vote here! Just remember to post who you voted for and why in a comment!

Notifications:
@ Louie G. Louie G.
@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod
@ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫
@ Starbound Starbound
@ Kon Kon
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
@ Jakor Jakor
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
@ Smasher 101 Smasher 101
@ Natz~ Natz~

New Rosters:
-Louie G.-

-GreenReaperGod-

-ScatmansWorld25-

-ThatWasPeachy-

-Kon-

-Golden Icarus-

-Jakor-

-SmasherMaster-

-YoshiandToad-

-Smasher 101-

-LumaOkami-

ELIMINATION VIII BEGINS NOW
YOU HAVE 23 HOURS TO VOTE...ish.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
My voting criteria is the same as last time. Over-Representation. You get 0 points for the first 2 reps of a franchise. You then get an additional point for every additional rep.

Louie G. = 11
GreenReaperGod = 11
ScatmansWorld25 = 11
ThatWasPeachy = 11
Kon = 11
Golden Icarus = 10
Jakor = 12
SmasherMaster = 11
YoshiandToad = 12
Smasher 101 = 11
LumaOkami = 13

So my vote goes to LumaOkami

Last edited:

Jakor

Smash Ace
Voted for Golden Icarus because I think the choice of his newcomers aren't that great.
First, Balloon Fighter and Duck Hunt Dog as retro characters. Balloon Fighter already has his signature move stolen by Villager, and doesn't have much else going for him. Duck Hunt Dog isn't too bad, but other retro characters such as Takamaru and Muddy Mole have better and more unique designs than a regular dog.
Then, Shulk who is a one-shot character from an obscure franchise. I think there are way better choices to choose from when it comes to representing new series.
And I think Ray is great for an assist trophy, but as a character, not so much. I can't see him being more than a lesser version of Mega Man or Samus, really.

Also, why does almost everyone have Meowth on their roster? I don't get it. I understand that he is an iconic Pokémon and all, but IMO Meowth fits perfectly as a Poké Ball pokémon. I think he would be too generic to play as.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
No one might like how I'm judging this round, but I'm doing it anyways.

My criteria on figuring out who gets eliminated is based on the layout of the roster, and how much I like the layout.

I my vote goes to Kon for this reason. His bottom row (with Takamaru, Mega Man and Sonic) sticks out way too much for my liking, and I think it looks unkept and that those three characters were last minute decisions. Putting them into a vertical column with a random button on the bottom of it would be much better, in my opinion. Alternately, put them in the center slots of the bottom row so that your roster still looks symmetrical.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
my vote goes to kon, mainly because of the inclusion of Chrom but no ike,
(this one was a tough one for me, his was the only one that had something I didn't like on it)

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Looks like more people were missing Mac than I thought...didn't actually matter, though.

This time I counted Retro/Historical and Other Series, as well as made sure no one went overboard with third parties (no one did), and changed a few of my other criteria.

Mario: 5
Donkey Kong: 3-4
Yoshi: 1
Wario: 1
Zelda: 4 (+1 ScatmansWorld, LumaOkami)
Metroid: 2
Kirby: 3 (+1 GreenReaperGod)
Star Fox: 2-3
Pokemon: 5
F-Zero: 1-2
Mother: 1-2
Fire Emblem: 2 (+1 ScatmansWorld, ThatWasPeachy, YoshiandToad, LumaOkami)
Kid Icarus: 1-2 (+1 LumaOkami)
Pikmin: 1
Animal Crossing: 1
Punch-Out!!: 1
Retro/Historical: 3-4 (+1 Louie G., GreenReaperGod, ScatmansWorld, +2 YoshiandToad)
Other: At least 1
Third Party: No more than 2

Louie G.: 1
Green Reaper God: 2
ScatmansWorld25: 3
Smasher 101: 0
ThatWasPeachy: 1
Kon: 0
Golden Icarus: 0
Jakor: 0
SmasherMaster: 0
YoshiandToad: 3
LumaOkami: 3

And...it's a three-way tie between ScatmansWorld, YoshiandToad, and LumaOkami. Now I guess I'll look at each roster's differences and give a point to the two that have the choices that I like better. One with the smallest amount of points gets my vote in the end.

Mario: LO has Rosalina, Scatman and YaT have Toad. I find both to be acceptable, so no one gets a point.
DK: Scatman has K. Rool, YaT and LO have Dixie. Same as above, no points.
Zelda: This is where it gets interesting. Scatman has Toon Link and Vaati, YaT just has Vaati, and LO has Toon Link and Ghirahim. While my model would imply that YaT gets a point here, I'm actually going to give them to Scatman and LO. While YaT is the only one that didn't go over 4, I don't think Vaati should be added over Toon Link even though I like him. Seems weird to have a villain to represent the Toon games but not the hero IMO.
Kirby: Scatman and LO have Meta Knight, YaT has Bandana Dee. Scatman and LO get the points here as I don't think Bandana Dee should be added over Meta Knight.
Star Fox: Scatman and LO both have Fox and Wolf, YaT has both plus Krystal. I personally don't think Krystal should be added over Falco, so Scatman and LO once again get the points here.
Pokemon: Scatman has Meowth and Lucario, YaT has Meowth and Blaziken, LO has Jigglypuff and Lucario. I've mentioned before that I don't like the choice of Blaziken, even actually preferring Rawk Hawk, so Scatman and LO get even more points.
F-Zero: Scatman and YaT have Falcon and Goroh, LO just has Falcon. Giving the points to Scatman and YaT, it's nice to see a second F-Zero rep.
Mother: Scatman and LO have Lucas, YaT has Porky. I don't mind Porky, but I don't think he should be added over Lucas. Scatman and LO get the points.
Fire Emblem: Scatman has Marth and Robin, YaT has Anna and Roy, LO has Marth and Lyn. I really don't like the idea of completely replacing Marth, points go to Scatman and LO.
Kid Icarus: Scatman has Pit and Palutena, YaT just has Pit, LO has Pit, Palutena, and Hades. I think three reps is just two much at this point, and Pit and Pit + Palutena are both fine. Points to Scatman and YaT.
Animal Crossing: Scatman and LO have Villager and YaT has Tom Nook. I'm actually fine with Tom over Villager; I possibly would have chosen Nook myself if I was in charge. No points here.
Retro/Historical: Scatman has G&W and R.O.B., YaT has Duck Hunt Dog, LO has G&W, R.O.B., and Ice Climbers. LO gets my first point for actually hitting the required number, and Scatman gets the other point because one retro out of forty-three characters is way too low IMO, and it's not even one I like.
Other: Scat has Shulk and Isaac, LO has WFT, and YaT has Isaac, Dillon, Chibi-Robo, and Andy. Giving the points to Scat and YaT, I don't think Wii Fit should be the only minor-ish, non-retro series that should show up at this point.

YoshiandToad: 3
LumaOkami: 7

YoshiandToad gets my vote.

...wow that took a long time.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Also, why does almost everyone have Meowth on their roster? I don't get it. I understand that he is an iconic Pokémon and all, but IMO Meowth fits perfectly as a Poké Ball pokémon. I think he would be too generic to play as.
Blame the Villain Round.

Although I had Meowth on my original 12(Replacing Jigglypuff) and I think Scat also had it earlier.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to vote but today I don't find the time for a well-reasoned vote and I'm not really in the mood for this, sorry :/

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Sticking with my uniqueness rating here are the uniques I found(once again, discounting my own roster when seeing whose is an isn't unique);

Louie G: Muddy Mole, Lip.

GreenReaperGod: Has Mach Rider, lacks Captain Falcon.

ScatmansWorld25: Vaati, Robin.

ThatWasPeachy: Chrom and Lucina. Technically counts as one character, so the Chrom part is still unique despite many having standalone Chroms.

Kon: Dillon. Again, I don't count myself.

Golden Icarus: Duck Hunt Dog, Ray.

Jakor: Black Shadow.

SmasherMaster: Mii, Giovanni. I doubt anyone's going to be moving in on Giovanni's territory any time soon so SmasherMaster is currently the only one with a guaranteed unique any time soon.

Smasher 101: Saki.

LumaOkami: Lyn, Hades, Ghirahim. The most uniques!

So once again we take out the ones with the most uniques; LumaOkami, SmasherMaster, Scatmans, Golden Icarus and Louie G.

That leaves us with GreenReaperGod, ThatWasPeachy, Kon, Jakor and Smasher 101.

So who is the least unique out of Mach Rider, Chrom & Lucina, Dillon, Black Shadow or Saki?

GreenReaperGod: Mach Rider is quite similar to Falcon(F-Zero is Mach Rider's spiritual successor it makes sense) but you get brownie points for the sheer balls you showed just by including Mach over Falcon. That takes guts.

ThatWasPeachy: Urgh...I know how much you like Lucina...it feels like a **** move to vote against you for including one of your most wanted newcomers, but four blue haired lords with swords seems overkill, especially since three are wielding the same legendary sword(albeit modified from Marths).

Kon: I love Dillon. Plus I think he's pretty unique and represents his own series.

Jakor: Black Shadow is one of the more prominent figures in F-Zero, and extremely popular in Japan.

Smasher 101: Saki is very unique, and represents his own series.

It's a toss up between ThatWasPeachy and Jakor, but I'm going to go with ThatWasPeachy on the basis that I think Black Shadow's supernatural abilities could give him a slight edge over the Father and Daughter team in terms of overall uniqueness.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Okay, so the components I was looking at was

• 5 Mario
  • 5 Pokemon
  • 3 DK
  • 3 Zelda
  • 3 Kirby
  • 2 Fire Emblem
  • 2 Star Fox
  • 2 Metroid
  • 2 Mother
  • 1 Yoshi
  • 1 Wario
  • 1 F-Zero
  • 1 Pikmin
  • 1 Animal Crossing
  • 1 Kid Icarus
  • 1 Punch Out
  • 3 Retro (Why 3? Simple, we had G+W, Ice Climbers and ROB in Brawl and the roster size is larger than Brawl's)
  • 2 Other

Me- 39/39
Smasher 101- 39/39
Louie G- 38/39 (Missing 1 Other)
ScarmansWorld25-38/39 (Missing 1 Retro)
ThatWasPeachy- 38/39 (Missing 1 Other)
Kon-38/39 (Missing 1 Mother)
Golden Icarus- 38/39 (Missing 1 Mother)
Jakor- 38/39 (Missing 1 Mother)
LumaOkami- 38/39 (Missing 1 Other)
GreenReaperGod- 37/39 (Missing 1 F-Zero and 1 Mother)
YoshiandToad- 37/39 (Missing 2 Retros)

Okay, both GreenReaperGod and YoshiandToad are tied, I'll vote for YoshiandToad because of Vaati before Toon Link and Waddle Dee over Meta Knight. Maybe also because of the lack of Marth

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Round Over! So who was cut out this round, eh?
@ Kon Kon was taken out! His roster's newer choices were his downfall, though two weren't far behind.
I applaud your efforts and hope you rejoin at a later game.

Answer Choices–
Responses–
Louie G.
0%
GreenReaperGod
0%
ScatmansWorld25
0%
Smasher 101
6.25%
ThatWasPeachy
12.50%
Kon
25%
GoldenIcarus
12.50%
jakor
0%
SmasherMaster
6.25%
YoshiandToad
18.75%
LumaOkami
18.75%
Total16

Notifications:
@ Louie G. Louie G.
@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod
@ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫
@ Starbound Starbound
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
@ Jakor Jakor
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
@ Smasher 101 Smasher 101
@ Natz~ Natz~

So what is the thing this time? To shake things up...
-You will cut three characters from your roster, and then add 4 Third Party characters. This will result in a 44 Slot Roster!

New Rosters:
-Louie G.-

-GreenReaperGod-

-ScatmansWorld25-

-ThatWasPeachy-

-Golden Icarus-

-Jakor-

-SmasherMaster-

-YoshiandToad-

-Smasher 101-

-LumaOkami-

BREAK IX BEGINS NOW!
YOU HAVE UNTIL SATURDAY EVENING TO POST YOUR 44 SLOT ROSTER. PLEASE CHECK THE SPECIAL RULES THIS TIME!

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Hmm...chances for some people with unpopular character to dump them. I was anticipating a third-party round sometime.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Somewhere somehow I must have accidentally cut Captain Falcon from my roster.
Welp, I guess it'll wait till next round lol

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Wonder what happens to people who already have some 3rd parties.

Not sure who to cut or the last third party. I might have an idea but Toad supporters might not like it

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Wonder what happens to people who already have some 3rd parties.

Not sure who to cut or the last third party. I might have an idea but Toad supporters might not like it
They can cut the third party characters. Any cut is eligible. But different ones must be added. The cuts can be added back a later round but this time I wanted to shake things up heavily.

Last edited:

Jakor

Smash Ace

Added: Mega Man, Pac-Man, Bomberman and Snake
Cut: Medusa, Falco and Jigglypuff

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
My body was not ready for this round

Cut: Bandanna Dee, Toon Link, and Meowth
Added: Megaman, Pac-Man, Snake, and Bomberman

Wut. My roster has 43 characters.