• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Evolution (11-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I'll vote this time too.

I thought about which criteria I should use. I'll have a look at the series balance.

Fortanono: Kid Icarus has 3 reps having even more reps than Star Fox, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem and Metroid.
[...]
LumaOkami: 3 Kid Icarus reps? And 5 Super Mario characters on one side and on the other side 4 Pokémon characters. As I mentionned already a few times, I see Super Mario and Pokémon on an equal level. However 5:4 is still ok. 3 Fire Emblem characters seems too early at the moment at least for me.
------------

Looking at the rosters, some things stood out for me and I could not ignore this:
1. 3 Kid Icarus reps (Fortanono, LumaOkami)
I don't see 3 Kid Icarus reps happening at any time. 2 at best.

2. 3 Fire Emblem characters (LumaOkami)
At this point of roster creation, 3 Fire Emblem characters seems to be too early.
[...]

Sorry LumaOkami, but having 3 Kid Icarus reps and 3 Fire Emblem reps already is to me in terms of series balance a bad balance.

I've voted for LumaOkami
My opinion stays the same, sorry LumaOkami. I feel like the balance isn't right and as we have already pretty big rosters, so a good balance seems essential to me.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So right now, the votes are:

LumaOkami: 3 (Kon, Jakor, GreenReaperGod)
Fortanono: 6 (ThatWasPeachy, SmasherMaster, ScatmansWorld25, Smasher 101, BindingBlade, lonekonwolf)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I hate King Boo. Like, yuck. But, I also really like Medusa, Anna, and Victini. So, I'll take the yucky ghost with those three than a roster without those three.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
30 minutes left. Then we will begin the next break.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Went for Luma because...well whilst I don't dislike either Roster THAT much, I personally prefer King Boo to Rosalina, Anna to Lyn and Medusa to Hades by a smidgen.

And unfortunately with my vote I've tied it up again.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Went for Luma because...well whilst I don't dislike either Roster THAT much, I personally prefer King Boo to Rosalina, Anna to Lyn and Medusa to Hades by a smidgen.

And unfortunately with my vote I've tied it up again.
huh . . . what happens with two ties in a row F-steak?

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
-Just something to listen to if you wish while reading the results. Always a fan of Monstercat Media's releases and works.-
Phew, we made it out alive. The storm is at last over, and we trek on the Rainbow Road. :3
So, who actually survived? That would be @ Natz~ Natz~ by one vote.
@Fortanono was the loser here, but it was a very close matchup. (It appears that there was a tie for a very brief moment, BTW)

Votes:
Fortanono- 8
LumaOkami- 7

So, what's the roster cap this time around?
Well, this round we have 39 Slots at your disposal, and no special rules.

Notifications:
@ Louie G. Louie G.
@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod
@ Tepig2000 Tepig2000
@ Autumn ♫ Autumn ♫
@ Starbound Starbound
@ Kon Kon
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
@ Jakor Jakor
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
@ Smasher 101 Smasher 101
@ Natz~ Natz~

New Rosters:
-Louie G.-

-GreenReaperGod-

-Tepig2000-

-ScatmansWorld25-

-ThatWasPeachy-

-Kon-

-Golden Icarus-

-Jakor-

-SmasherMaster-

-YoshiandToad-

-Smasher 101-

-LumaOkami-
BREAK VII BEGINS NOW
YOU HAVE UNTIL FRIDAY EVENING TO SEND IN YOUR NEW ROSTER!

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
That Lightning Round was so close until the end.

Either way, introducing:

The wise princess of the cosmos and the the mother of all Lumas, ROSALINA!!!
And Luma is there too.
The Link's younger and much more animated half, TOON LINK!!!
The cocky Arwing pilot who prefers the air but for some reason uses a Landmaster, FALCO!!!
And the psychic boy that US and Europe still haven't seen outside of Smash, LUCAS!!!

SWF Round 7.png

Added Rosalina & Luma, Toon Link, Falco and Lucas.

None of the characters I added need that much of an explanation, if at all. I felt that I needed to add Lucas and Toon Link this round. I also wanted to add Megaman, Sonic and Snake all at the same time, so I added Rosalina and Falco as well.

Last edited:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord

I added:
King K Rool
Toon Link, because I didn't have the balls to add any other LoZ character
Shulk, another favorite of mine
R.O.B

Last edited:

Jakor

Smash Ace

This round I focused mostly on veterans, so I added R.O.B., Falco, Lucario and Ike.

Last edited:

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Only three so far? Quite surprising. If we don't get at least half there's going to be an extension of the deadline, sadly.

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
Sorry, I wanted to wait for today's Direct before doing mine, as I thought there would be a confirmation and I wanted to have most of the confirmed characters in this update.

rosterevolutionseven.png

Added Rosalina, Lucario, and Wii Fit Trainer to finish off the confirmed characters (besides third parties), Lip in an attempt to be a bit more unique, and I changed Little Mac's icon due to his confirmation.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I'm going to change my roster tomorrow. Mostly I will be updating Little Mac's icon.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I really like the Giovanni idea, just wish it was better executed. Persain, Nidoqueen, Rhydon mehbeh?

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I really like the Giovanni idea, just wish it was better executed. Persain, Nidoqueen, Rhydon mehbeh?
Felt that Rhydon and Nidoqueen would work too similar. Marowak would be a club user. We don't have many Nintendo characters that do that, much less Pokemon. Meowth was because Persian would be weird to implement as a character and Meowth is more popular and reconazible.

Kon

Smash Journeyman

Added Rosalina, Red/Pokémon Trainer, Chrom and Ice Climbers.

As you may notice I've also changed the icons of many characters :)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Newcomers:
  • Ridley just about fitted in to this roster. It needed to expand to 39 slots before he fit though. Metroid was horribly under represented.
  • Roy blazes in putting the FIRE in Fire Emblem. This guy is the reason I even cared about FE in the first place. PH1R3!
  • Isaac pushed his way into the roster too. Felt like I needed a new franchise character and Isaac is one my sister is always pushing for.
  • Vaati is here representing the Toon series because frankly I don't like two versions of the same character taking up roster slots. Vaati has his monster form as a Final Smash naturally.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Well, here's mine.

I decided to focus more on adding new franchises, thus I added Isaac, Little Mac, and Shulk. I chose Toad as the 4th character, quite frankly because I couldn't find out what character I should have next.

Newcomers:
  • Ridley just about fitted in to this roster. It needed to expand to 39 slots before he fit though. Metroid was horribly under represented.
  • Roy blazes in putting the FIRE in Fire Emblem. This guy is the reason I even cared about FE in the first place. PH1R3!
  • Isaac pushed his way into the roster too. Felt like I needed a new franchise character and Isaac is one my sister is always pushing for.
  • Vaati is here representing the Toon series because frankly I don't like two versions of the same character taking up roster slots. Vaati has his monster form as a Final Smash naturally.
Props on adding Vaati, I didn't think anyone here would add him before I did.:laugh:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Props on adding Vaati, I didn't think anyone here would add him before I did.:laugh:
Heh, I may not show much active support, but Four Swords was one of the two* Legend of Zelda games I genuinely loved, and thus Vaati is in my top three Zelda characters. Get good memories from playing 4 player 'co-operative' with my buddies. Never have we turned on one another so dang quickly.

*The other was Wind Waker if anyone was curious. Medli and Toon Link are the other two characters I adore from Zelda.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
We have nearly half the cast missing, so it will be delayed for another day.
Blame Little Mac.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
One left, @ Natz~ Natz~
Who hasn't been on in a week...
We shall wait a bit longer.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
SWF Round 7.png

A quick change. Toad and Isaac are in instead of Rosalina and Falco. Felt that if I add in only confirmed characters or veterans from this point on, I might be eliminated for playing it too safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom